Most enjoyable cars to drive in GT Sport

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 180 comments
For me all Gr4 - 3 etc... feel the same
So my top 3 will be standard street cars only in standard configuration as well , not a particular order for the two japanese
- Alpine A110 edition '17 ( i hate french car maker in general but damn she is so fun in the game ! The most balanced car in GTS for my taste , the only one i can keep on 2-3 hundredth of a second for ten Tsukuba lap or so ... i miss you Amuse S2000 R1:indiff: )
- Toyota mr2 GT-S '97 ( a pure car to learn partial throttle , decreasing brake pressure and soft wheel turn 👍 )
- Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 ( Not as rewarding as the toyota , but still a perfect teacher ! Just ask Takahashi Ryosuke :lol: ... but seriously , a must have ! )

My favourite car to drive is the Toyota TS030 Hybrid because I really like the instant electric boost and the car just grips so well through the corners. It may not be the fastest Gr. 1 car (by a long way especially with BoP on), but it just feels so light and agile.

None.

The most bearable is the Vulcan, brakes are awful but the rest of the car you can actually feel.

Yesterday i took my GT86 Gr.B as i haven't driven a Gr.B in a long time & i have to say that with a good setup for the track they can be easily one of the most enjoyable cars to drive!!

hmm not being fan of american Cars but the good ol' Doge Viper 2002 i think is beast when you stiffen it up and lower it. with stock diff it behaves as if it's very balanced, great little car. My all time favourite is AUDI r8 4.2 with g29 wheel and h shifter on nordschleife reduced to n300 is great feeling. I know I am weird but thats how I like it also make sure to lower your fuel consumption or switch it off completely because that car is one of the worst in gran turismo on fuel consumption. another new one to me is N200 Toyota supra 3.0GT '88 soft tyres in front supersofts in back and stiffened up and that also drives really well. In regards of Lambo Diablo. i feel it's a bit too tail happy at high speeds which i would expect the big wing in the back to compensate for but it feels like it has no affect on the car :/

for GR.3 cars it must be the 911RSR and Italia 458

Question for everyone. Has anyone enjoyed driving the i3 BMW if anyone has even done it for more than just a joke?

Why would PD even spend more than a minute on that car to be put in the game? why not the I8 rather than the pointless i3? was it worth the effort? some people got paid to put that in the game? to me it feels like a joke especially when you get it as a daily mileage reward 3 days in the row ... that is just a joke

I cant believe it took 80 replies for someone to mention the Fittipaldi, maybe because there are rarely any times that it can be used. It "feels" and sounds like the fastest car in the game

Last edited:
I just love the Jaguar F-type for both gr.3 and gr.4, it's a great underdog car, I just love hassling them pesky meganes down the strights when you get up to 5th gear you can blow them away.

Bit tougher in gr.3 but it's consistent enough to keep the big boys on there toes.

I've used it so much, I have no aids apart from abs using a DS4 once you can control the rear end it's a beast.

It looks so mean from behind, sounds so sexy them low tones shifting through the gears dose it for me. Short shifts no problems, and has a top speed to compete in the ovals.

Plus I'm British and I just love taking on the Germans and the French, has some great great battles, not always for the lead but still enjoyable times.

Last edited:
gr. 2 and gr. b
motul autech gt-r
lancer rally/subaru rally
and I'm just getting started on racecars like the porsche 919, audi team joset, and saving for a toyota gazoo something.

can't believe everyone dosen't feel this way!

Last edited:
Ferrari Italia 458 & BMW M4, both stock, & on either SH/SS or SM/R1 tyres. Had Lots of fun on the Nord Tourist at Twilight with them.

For me the most enjoyable lately has been the NSX GT3. It has great grip for both corner entry and exit, it needs no aids. Steering response is superb. The only thing is that it can snap oversteer coming off the brakes into slow corners so you need to ease off the brake a little gently and blend into throttle; it’s very satisfying! I play with ABS Weak, don’t know if that matters.

I won the gr 3 NSX yesterday and took it for a burn around Nürburgring Nordeschliefe. Was wondering why you like it so much. Seemed a bit sloppy and yes the oversteer when coming off brakes was annoying. Prob not the best track for it. Then I tried it on St Croix and what a difference. Dream to drive. So much fun. Love it.

Great thread btw. Any new additions to peoples' faves in last few months?

I won the gr 3 NSX yesterday and took it for a burn around Nürburgring Nordeschliefe. Was wondering why you like it so much. Seemed a bit sloppy and yes the oversteer when coming off brakes was annoying. Prob not the best track for it. Then I tried it on St Croix and what a difference. Dream to drive. So much fun. Love it.

Great thread btw. Any new additions to peoples' faves in last few months?

Just 1, that Renault Trophy. GR4 compared to other GR4 cars:bowdown:

I love the Grp3 BMW M3, but don't tell everyone as it is pretty under used at the moment and I don't like driving something that everybody else is driving, it was competitive around Bathurst last week, looking forward to taking it out for a run out at Suzuka.

In no particular order:

- Ferrari F40 (I never thought I'd actually say this)
- Shelby Cobra 427 (again, never thought I'd say this)
- BMW M3 GT
- Ford GT '06
- Dodge Viper SRT10 '06
- Toyota Supra RZ
- Peugeot RCZ Gr.4
- DeTomaso Pantera

I would include the Veyron in this list if it had higher maximum values for its springs.

Sadly, my favorite car in the game, the 911 GT3 RS, is not in this list, because it just handles weird. I was expecting perfection :guilty:

BB 512. A little setup tweaking to keep the back end under control, and oohhhh yeah! C7 Stingray gats an honorable mention, but PD still gets an F- on "American V8 Sound".

whats a BB512? Would be handy if respondants can try to use the actual names of the cars. Non enthusiasts can struggle to understand some of the abbreviations.

On that note, can the term gt3 be used interchangeably with grp 3?

whats a BB512? Would be handy if respondants can try to use the actual names of the cars. Non enthusiasts can struggle to understand some of the abbreviations.
It’s an abbreviation for the Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer (hence the name, 512 BB). Also, a simple google search would sometimes do wonders if you are ever confused about what a car is!

I love the Red Bull 2014X Standard; the full fat version not the junior (though the junior is a fun little oversteer happy glorified go kart that works at some of the shorter layouts like Tsukuba, Brands Indy, and for some reason I like it at Monza).

The Red Bull Standard has fantastic handling, stops as good as anything I've used so far in the game, has so much grip, is very forgiving for the beginner, but keeps on rewarding the better players as they push and push...it is such a joy to drive.

I am also a huge fan of the Mazda LM55.

It has that same kind of feel as the Red Bull, where you feel as if the car has so much to offer and you can just keep pushing and pushing.

The Silk Cut liveried Jaguar is another favourite of mine and is surprisingly agile and driveable for such a big, heavy looking, "older" race car

And the race spec Gr.3 Beetle is great fun too.

Last edited:
Back