Most enjoyable cars to drive in GT Sport

• Thread starter Sander 001
  • 180 comments
I guess it depends on if your definition of 'enjoyable' is a car you regularly win with, or a car you feel handles like a real car (or your idea of how it might), or a car that defies physics, but is just so much FUN!

I'm surprised at how few mentions the Veneno gets. I'm loving it. Ridiculously fun drive with no traction control

Probably because most people dont like it. I would never buy one but I got one free. It sort of feels like a bigger heavier but faster Avendator.

Someone here described it as the a very fast underbraked dump truck.

In terms of road cars, either the Ford GT40 Mk.I or the Porsche 996 GT3. Both cars are enjoyable to drive for me.

As for race cars, here's mine and in class order:

Gr.4- Bugatti Veyron Gr.4, Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, and Toyota 86 Gr.4
Gr.3- Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M3 GT, and both Gr.3 Mercs
Gr.B- Ford Focus Gr.B
Gr.2- Either Honda NSX GT500 or Lexus RC-F GT500
Gr.1- Toyota TS050, Audi R18 '11, and Porsche 919 Hybrid

Gr.X class on the other hand, the Renault R.S. 01, and Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo are enjoyable to drive.

Probably because most people dont like it. I would never buy one but I got one free. It sort of feels like a bigger heavier but faster Avendator.

Someone here described it as the a very fast underbraked dump truck.

Interesting. I just looked up some threads and saw the comments. All in the ey of the beholder I guess. I took it for a thrash around Dragon Trail and Maggiore (Premium Sports Lounge events) and found it really fun throwing it into drifts with the ebrake around every corner to assist with its turning circle. Yeah the braking isn't great but I'm pretty sure I've used much worse in the game in the 6 weeks I've been playing.

Absolutely!

And in N200 tune, it's a money spinner on Maggiore in the Professional series N1000. 405,000 credits if clean, and a most enjoyable race as well.

Remove as much weight as possible, max out the HP while still in N200, RS front, RSS rear, gearbox max speed 162 mph, TC =0, salt and pepper to taste

Hi @GBO Possum I tried this car in this race and found the car vitually undriveable even with your tune. It seems to spin ridiculously easy (not the wheels, the whole car). I guess its part of the challenge of driving an older car but am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else had trouble controlling the Alpine 72?

Last edited:
Hi @GBO Possum I tried this car in this race and found the car vitually undriveable even with your tune. It seems to spin ridiculously easy (not the wheels, the whole car). I guess its part of the challenge of driving an older car but am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else had trouble controlling the Alpine 72?

I’m surprised that it didn’t work for you. Are you using a wheel? (I am).

Suggestions to try:

TC = 1
Raise the suspension frequencies front and rear, keeping them equal.
Stiffen the roll bars by equal amounts

(I have not verified that these are useful on the Alpine, however they have helped me on other cars)

If I'd to go by groups...

• N-Classes
Ferrari Enzo - lovely car, really enjoyable around the ring, quick, not too oversteery.

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo - It has good and bad sites, it's amazing as and N-Class car, oversteers a lot if you only upgrade the power, but can be a really great time attack car if it's correctly set-up.

Abarth 500 - Not a joke, you can have a lot of fun in this thing. Can be quick but don't expect it to be anywhere close to the high-tier cars.

• Gr. B

Ford Focus - great handling, great for drifting too. Easy to catch.

• Gr. 3
Aston Martin Vantage Gr.3 - You get a good feeling for it. It's pretty aggressive around Mount Panorama.
Wouldn't use it for FIA Races because it literally drinks fuel.

• Gr. 2

Not sure to be honest, all of them feel great and have their ups and downs.

• Gr. 1

Toyota TS050 - A very good handling car, benefits a lot from it's hybrid system. It's very stable around corners and holds the line pretty well.

Nissan R92CP - My favorite out of the Group C cars. Great to drive, doesn't have a brutal turbo-lag and it's also very well around corners. (Just break early.)

I have a few cars every one should try.
They all feel good out of the box, even with weight reduction and more power.
Nissan R92cp. You wouldn't believe how easy this is to drive fast. Sounds amazing in cockpit view, AMAZING! 787b=meh.
McLaren vgt with F damper bound reduced by 1 to counter corner exit under steer.
FD rx7.
Gr.B Subaru Road car. No understeer.
Gr.4 Aston Martin. Really fun to use. More so with maximum weight reduction and power, dat torque + 970kg.

I’m surprised that it didn’t work for you. Are you using a wheel? (I am).

Suggestions to try:

TC = 1
Raise the suspension frequencies front and rear, keeping them equal.
Stiffen the roll bars by equal amounts

(I have not verified that these are useful on the Alpine, however they have helped me on other cars)

Thanks man. Will try that out. No I don't have a wheel. Only DS4.

Many road cars are a pleasure to drive .
Many oldy's if possible without TC or abs at least before '78 .
And if you want a bit of realism while driving , a cockpit view must be .

Last edited:
Top 3 for me are these:

1- Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
2- Ferrari F40
3- Toyota Supra

Time to add some more favorites:

4- De Tomaso Pantera
5- Alpine A110 1972
6- McLaren F1

De Tomaso Pantera: This bad boy is badass, sounds badass and drives like a untamed wild horse, it's incredibly fun to hoon it anywhere, only problem with it are the dashboard gouges being obstructed by the steering wheel, also the off-center logos, but overall this ride is incredible.

Alpine A110 1972: This little guy is AWESOME! No joke, only problem with it is the short top speed and tricky handling, but damn this guy feels great to throw around any circuit with not many long straights, my favorite French car in the game by a long shot.

McLaren F1: The good old Big Mac, we all know it already: the center driving position, the insane gold-coated naturally aspired engine putting out over 600 horses that can make the car reach speeds of over 360km/h...Driving this guy is always a good time on the cockpit interior. Only problem I have with are the rear view mirrors inside the car, who are so badly positioned they are downright useless.

The McLaren GT3 car is an absolute dream to drive - stable, turns in really nicely, you can get on the power really early, and the engine sounds amazing.
Too bad the thing is so very slow, else I'd actually consider racing with it in FIA.

I'd not used this car for months but tried it again a few days ago. I'm so close to my 911 time at Suzuka with this. It's a great drive but just lacks ever so slightly.

It does sound amazing :bowdown:

Time to add some more favorites:

Alpine A110 1972: This little guy is AWESOME! No joke, only problem with it is the short top speed and tricky handling, but damn this guy feels great to throw around any circuit with not many long straights, my favorite French car in the game by a long shot.

Fancy sharing a screenshot of your tune?

Alfa 4c gr3 feel very natural and light - like Elise on steroids. Too bad in current bop it doesnt quite have the punch needed for sports races..

My most enjoyable cars so far (as of 1.28) in "Top 20" format:
1)Shelby Cobra
2)DeTomaso Pantera
3)Toyota Supra RZ
4)Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
5)Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
6)Mini Cooper S
7)SRT Tomahawk X
8)Peugeot VGT Gr.3
9)Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
10)Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3
11)Dodge Charger Hellcat
12)Ford GT40 Mk1
13)Subaru WRX Gr.4
14)Volkswagen Sambabus
15)Peugeot 208 GTi
16)Ford Focus Gr.B
17)Toyota 86 Gr.B
18)Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car
19)Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
20)Nissan R92CP

For road cars I like them all in general more with sports tires rather than racing tires. Except for the really powerful ones which are a bit undriverable without racing tires

Lately I’m mostly enjoying cars that I’ve just been watching on tv or YouTube, eg seeing an old top gear show and then going for a spin in vr.
I saw the Harry’s garage countach the other day and then took my countach around st croix, sticking to the right side of the road most of the time.

The Aventador is a real pleasant surprise. Lots of power, 4WD, decent stopping power, amazing sound. Old school supercar that carries its size and weight well.
That it has some front downforce makes it handle decently in high speed corners too!

Gr.1 - Porsche 919 Hybrid, Nissan R92CP
Gr.2 - Nissan GT-R
Gr. 3 - Porsche 911 RSR, Mercedes-AMG GT3, BMW Z4 GT3
Gr.4 - Renault Megane
Gr.B - Ford Focus rally car, Audi Quattro
Gr. X - Mercedes W08, Ferrari 330P4
N classes - Ferrari F40, Nissan Skyline R33, De Tomaso Pantera, McLaren F1.

Last edited:
Gr.1 - Sauber Mercedes C9
Gr.2 - Nissan Motul Autech GT-R, Lexus au TOM's RC-F
Gr.3 - Audi R8 LMS, Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R
Gr.4 - Audi TT Cup, Renault megane Trophy
Gr.B - Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car
Gr.X - Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo,
N classes - Subaru Impreza 22B, old Fiat 500

Apparently I haven’t posted in here yet.

The Cayman. Always the Cayman. I’ve heard it’s quite competitive now in Gr.4, but I don’t care. I love the balance, and the depth of adjustability it has. It’s that special sort of car that’s great for beginners, but requires a lot of effort to truly extract the best from it.

I’ve not spent as much time with the new 911s as I’d like, but I did like the 997 at the ‘Ring a few weeks ago, naturally. I was rusty, and therefore utterly uncompetitive, but it’s such a great steer I didn’t care.

The Cayman. Always the Cayman. I’ve heard it’s quite competitive now in Gr.4, but I don’t care. I love the balance, and the depth of adjustability it has. It’s that special sort of car that’s great for beginners, but requires a lot of effort to truly extract the best from it.

I’ve not spent as much time with the new 911s as I’d like, but I did like the 997 at the ‘Ring a few weeks ago, naturally. I was rusty, and therefore utterly uncompetitive, but it’s such a great steer I didn’t care.

That Cayman just takes punishment like nothing else on the game. Really suits my scruff of the neck driving style - which is why I'll never be a sim racer lol.

Problem with the Caymen is it's fone for qualifying but it's a one-line car so gets mugged in close racing. It hasn't got the power of the other group 4 cars and is easily passed and in tight tustles it fails as offline it struggles due to said lack of power to recover.

Latest Posts

Back