Most Hated Track on GT7?

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 157 comments
Barcelona rallycr-- oh, wait. Did I say Fuji already? Why on this green Earth do we go through fifty feet of pavement on horrible tires, hit a patch of, wait...
I wanna drive over a cliff into that high banked corner but I can't even see it these days! And finish the original track, hold a bake sale if you have to, or license it to a video game publisher for their arcade cabinet.

In my opinion, the "anime" setting of Alsace is strange: it is very colorful, there are too many guardrails and the track has meaningless traffic markings. All of this gives the circuit an artificial appeal.

I think Alsace is a cartoonish parody of Charade.

If they removed the guardrails and left only the walls (similar to real-life circuits, Bathurst style), removed the traffic markings from the asphalt, lengthened some and shortened other straights, seeking some proportionality, and narrowed the track by one meter, perhaps the circuit could be more organic and interesting.

Last edited:
Barcelona rallycr-- oh, wait. Did I say Fuji already? Why on this green Earth do we go through fifty feet of pavement on horrible tires, hit a patch of, wait...
I wanna drive over a cliff into that high banked corner but I can't even see it these days! And finish the original track, hold a bake sale if you have to, or license it to a video game publisher for their arcade cabinet.

Killing the designer of that rallycross track...

It's not the tracks I hate, it's the combos we get paired with.

Brands in clios is epic. Brands with op Mazda or GR3 stuff isn't fun.

Daytona is an awesome circuit, but not as a one make GT race.

The tracks are largely fine, although St Croix is not on my fan fav list.

It's the pairing of the race combo that bring them alive.

When PD nail it with things like the custom cars at TM everything is just better. If it's just renta meta the track is almost irrelevant.
After reading all the post , i think the truth is here : Combo.
Personnaly no hate for a track , they all offer different challenge.

[/QUOTE]
In my opinion, the "anime" setting of Alsace is strange: it is very colorful, there are too many guardrails and the track has meaningless traffic markings. All of this gives the circuit an artificial appeal.

If they removed the guardrails and left only the walls (similar to real-life circuits, Bathurst style), removed the traffic markings from the asphalt, lengthened some and shortened other straights, seeking some proportionality, and narrowed the track by one meter, perhaps the circuit could be more organic and interesting.

Utter slander 😜

In my opinion:
Interlagos is worse
Prost is better than Senna
Spanish is a better language than Portuguese

You have a damn good eye - it has to be a a parody of Charade. Imagine if they actually had Charade circuit. And the volcano exploded. And you need the ambulance.

So much potential in this game…

After putting a lot more hours into the game the tracks I dislike the most are:

Lago Maggiore - It's just so bland and forgettable
Grand Valley - Despite the beautiful setting, I think it's a terrible, unfun track that induces understeer everywhere
St Croix - Like Lago, it's just bland
Fuji - Still
Willow Springs - Still

Meh tracks:
Alsace
Ovals

Tracks I've come to appreciate after a lot of laps:
Tokyo East & Central - Really fun when you get the rhythm right.
Sardegna - This is the track that most feels like a historic circuit (outside of Goodwood). Great for classic races
Dragon Trail - I like the layout and I like the scenery.

If there's any track I hate, it's Special Stage Route X... It's gratuitously long and boring, and an oval..... Ok, there is one more track and that is Northern Isle Speedway, its short and boring... And an oval ..

If there's any track I hate, it's Special Stage Route X... It's gratuitously long and boring, and an oval..... Ok, there is one more track and that is Northern Isle Speedway, its short and boring... And an oval ..
Northern Isle is great for Custom Races. I've had some close wins and losses there when the cars are set up right.

Pretty much every Tokyo track and all the small willow springs tracks. Not much for the small ovals, maybe just haven’t found the right car/track combo. Dislike all the rally tracks including lake louise and not a fan of the Ring. It always gives me are we there yet vibes. It’s super skinny too, tricky yes but feels more like follow the leader. Don’t get the hype over that track.

I used to feel Broad Lima Bean got my hate, but after running more circuits with my GT4 and Rolex Series grids, BMB Full Course is the one. It’s not even good for vintage Stock Cars. The shortest corner is too sharp. I love the location and ambience, but that dang T1/T3(Reverse) ruins it to me. Every tarmac course has its use for what I run. Overall a good track list.
Still don’t rate the off-road tracks as I haven’t and don’t use them any longer(since the first truck Weekly event eons ago).

Even though I don’t like the dirt / snow physics of GT, I’d take them over any of the Tokyo tracks.

They are the worst

Even though I don’t like the dirt / snow physics of GT, I’d take them over any of the Tokyo tracks.

They are the worst
I just don't get the love for the Tokyo circuits. They have nothing of interest about them, all are very samey samey, and completely free of character.

I just don't get the love for the Tokyo circuits. They have nothing of interest about them, all are very samey samey, and completely free of character.
I mean... there's the setting for one.

If you are into JDMs at all this is the place you go to to drive your 90s Nissan Silvia or your Honda at night in VR while listening to City Pop via Spotify.

I love it.

I actually love Willow Springs, which always seems to come up when this question is asked. It's a nice fast track in an unusual (to me anyway) setting, it takes practice to learn but it can be very fun.

The only tarmac circuit I actively hate is the Nurburgring GP circuit, and that horrendous first sector that slows you down practically to jogging pace for the tight hairpin and then sticks you in that continuous radius u-bend until you have to slow again for a 90° right hander.

I'm not a fan in general of tight chicanes that were presumably added for the benefit of F1 races that take place at those circuits. A high downforce open wheeler might be able to take them relatively quickly, but they slow road cars down to a crawl and kill the fun. Monza T1 might be my least favourite corner in the whole game, but at least you can skip it for custom/quick races. Barcelona and Fuji are similarly afflicted, which is especially frustrating considering the old layout of Fuji was one of my favourites in previous games.

I mean... there's the setting for one.

If you are into JDMs at all this is the place you go to to drive your 90s Nissan Silvia or your Honda at night in VR while listening to City Pop via Spotify.

I love it.
The setting is dull as it gets! They've managed to make the most vibrant city in the world look utterly boring. My real life garage will tell anyone that I'm a huge JDM fan. These circuits offer nothing for a real taste of JDM culture (go to Tokyo yourself to judge for real, it's marvelous and the game does it a vast disservice)
I'll pass on the music suggestion thanks all the same! 👍

Saint Croix is the answer to a question nobody asked and nobody wanted the answer to: What would happen if you asked Hermann Tilke to design a street circuit?

I used to hate Autopolis, I could never get a good lap around that circuit. Now I’m starting to get the hang of it though and it’s a lot of fun when you get a good flow.

My least favourite track is Fuji. Too wide for my liking and I don’t play it often enough to learn it well.
I didnt know what to make of autopolis at first but in gt sport i was forced to learn it in for a 20lap gt3 race with tyre wear. Those time trials in the mercedes were so fun.

Autopolis is the track that works with amg gt3 anything slower and its not the fun rollercoaster it can be. Yall need to time trail it with gr3 or faster.

Fuji is just the track i refuse to learn theres some nice corners but all round makes me feel like spaghetti

I'll spice things up with a take I've mentioned before but now with full development.

Bathurst is garbage.
Reasoning on this: As I logged laps in my last league race there I had plenty of time to think about what it has and lacks. People conplain about the PD original tracks for several things, bad track limits, tight gimmicky corners or sections with walls, and death curbs. All of which Bathurst has. My opinion is that people's love of it has to do with it being a real world track that's had great racing and is still used regularly, not loved from them getting to know and race the place.

Willow Springs' Big Willow is a great track for racing yet seems to be massively hated for being hard to master. Just because it's not a highlight used racetrack seen by many people it gets shade. For actual racing I'd put St. Croix B (which so many people seem quick to poo on) as hands down better for racing in far more types of classes and still has a great flowing section. Also, someone exain why Silverstone has all the feature and character of St. Croix but people seem to beg for it? (Note: I've never driven the track in any game, just watched onboard from F1, Gt3, WEC and GT4)

Flame away.

Last edited:
I'll spice things up with a take I've mentioned before but now with full development.

Bathurst is garbage.
Reasoning on this: As I logged laps in my last league race there I had plenty of time to think about what it has and lacks. People conplain about the PD original tracks for several things, bad track limits, tight gimmicky corners or sections with walls, and death curbs. All of which Bathurst has. My opinion is that people's love of it has to do with it being a real world track that's had great racing and is still used regularly, not loved from them getting to know and race the place.

Willow Springs' Big Willow is a great track for racing yet seems to be massively hated for being hard to master. Just because it's not a highlight used racetrack seen by many people it gets shade. For actual racing I'd put St. Croix B (which so many people seem quick to poo on) as hands down better for racing in far more types of classes and still has a great flowing section. Also, someone exain why Silverstone has all the feature and character of St. Croix but people seem to beg for it? (Note: I've never driven the track in any game, just watched onboard from F1, Gt3, WEC and GT4)

Flame away.
I don't know. I'll place the fire blanket over that one. ;)
I actually had a thought of in game Bathurst while racing around Road Atlanta. I dubbed it a mini Bathurst or at least a 3/4 version, but with the benefit of being wider.
Bathurst is lacking changeable weather and a proper (V8)Supercar to use. If one were available, I have no doubt that would add more love for it. Even tuned Pony & Muscle cars spice up the racing without the aero of modern cars.

Back