Most Hated Track on GT7?

• Thread starter Remy Zero
  • 157 comments
Grand Valley (9/10 for me and just as fun as its inspiration, which I think is Suzuka)
High Speed Ring (8/10 and IMO better than it's inspiration, which I think is OG Fuji)
High Speed Ring is definitely a fictional version of old Fuji but the original GVS is almost certainly a rearranged Watkins Glen. Uphill esses - check, back straight into a nearly 180 degree sweeping right - check, downhill into a hairpin right - check, some 90-ish degree turns in the middle - check.

It's not Suzuka, because if you were to cut Suzuka into pieces and retain all the defining parts but ditch the order, magic happens... take a double apex first corner, a rolling esses section, a tight hairpin, a long more than 180 degrees sweeper, and a chicane coming onto the main straight... in fact, they're still in the same order. But now it's Apricot Hill.

High Speed Ring is definitely a fictional version of old Fuji but the original GVS is almost certainly a rearranged Watkins Glen. Uphill esses - check, back straight into a nearly 180 degree sweeping right - check, downhill into a hairpin right - check, some 90-ish degree turns in the middle - check.

It's not Suzuka, because if you were to cut Suzuka into pieces and retain all the defining parts but ditch the order, magic happens... take a double apex first corner, a rolling esses section, a tight hairpin, a long more than 180 degrees sweeper, and a chicane coming onto the main straight... in fact, they're still in the same order. But now it's Apricot Hill.
In an absolute sense, I see your point. However, I don't think PD was taking inspiration from much of anything outside of Japan during the development of the first game, regardless of where they have retconned some of the original tracks since then. My argument for it being Suzuka is that the "feel" is largely similar (in that they both feel like circuits of the highest level of prestige - Suzuka has hosted more F1 races than any other Japanese track, and GVS hosts the most prestigious races in GT1), the track landscape is broadly similar (think track width, runoff areas, general pallet of materials, type of barriers, grand stands, background scenery etc) and the corners feel similar even if the overall layout isn't that similar. It's not as close of a match as HSR to Fuji, but I think there is enough general similarity to say its an/the inspiration.

Turn 1 & 2: Both circuits have a pretty long straight with a high speed curve leading into a tighter turn that forces the driver to brake hard while cornering. GVS flips the initial turn from right to left, but the idea is similar.
Middle Sector: From there, both circuits have an undulating series of corners heading up over a crest that eventually gets to a 180 degree turn (though Suzuka has a lot more pieces in this sector).
Final Sector: Spoon curve feels a bit like the tunnel corner after the bridge on GVS. The chicane to finish straight again feels somewhat similar.

Put another way, I don't think PD would have shipped GT1 without a circuit inspired by the most prestigious racing circuit in Japan, which is Suzuka. I do agree that Apricot Hill is more similar to Suzuka than GVS is.

Last edited:
I’d be curious to see the correlation of track dislikes amongst SP and sport mode players?

I for one love Fuji because it offers lots of overtaking opportunities in online races…and the first corner is a great place to set up the entire first sector; and the last sector can become deadly in high tire wear races.

I never did the vintage Tokyo credit grind - mainly because I can’t be bothered grinding for anything.

But secondly, because I absolutely hate that circuit. Of the very few circuits where we are surrounded by barriers, Tokyo IMO is by far the worst
I fit into this correlation. 90% of my GT7 play time lies in single player where I benchmark cars and tune. 10% is multiplayer, and that's mostly in time trials. I've had GT7 since week 1 and got all the achievements quickly, except that I still need ~20 Sport Mode finishes for the platinum trophy.

For me, Fuji is miserable to drive / time trial, but kinda fun to race. It's growing on me (like a fungus :lol:) after a lot of benchmarking of 700pp builds for the Clubman+ race there.

Tokyo East for the grind race isn't too bad. There's risky passing games to be played off and on the dry line; and passing opportunities open up when the track is dry. Daily Race A at Tsukuba this week feels similar for spacing, oddly. The high speed sweepers do the magic trick of making roadcars on Sports Hards feel quick in corners. The main straight is a meme though.

The Tokyo South variants, IMO, are far more technically interesting and balanced. They're woefully under utilized.

Autopolis is actually a decent high speed course with some technical stuff.
Most hated? Fuji, by a country MILE. They cut up that back corner way too much, now it's a drunken puddle of reverse banked, jackknife corner, and sake infested green pea soup vomit.
Let's go back to basics. See that old Atari? Yeah, the 7800, Pull Suzuka and Fuji off the pack in game and put them in GT7 as classics so if we want to race Fuji, it doesn't have to reek unless we want it to. Grab the Test Course while you're there, thanks.

I feel it comes down to what you’re racing on each circuit. I’m sure there are real world drivers that’s dislike certain tracks they have to visit every single year of their careers.
I put on the VR. Click on my N2 AE86. Load a field of N2 racers at Fuji for seven laps and pretend I’m in a AE86 N2 Hot Version battle.
All that final corner stuff fades away.

Last edited:
My least used track is Tsukuba by far. It just feels too small for anything but karts.
Tsukuba is the perfect track for benchmarking anything Gr4 or slower. It's short, repeatable, has a mix of slow speed, trail braking, acceleration, throttle modulation, and one downforce corner, it's very technical, and you can slam in a bunch of laps without wasting time dealing with mistakes and penalties. There's a reason it's the home of time attack in real life.

Last edited:
Interesting to see the varied takes on the hated courses. I'm obeying the OP and leaving off-road courses off this list.

For reference, I've been playing since "Gran Turismo." I play quite a bit online and a good chunk offline. I love the license tests, playing in VR and just taking long drives on tracks by my lonesome.

Honorable Mention: Alsace Test Track in anything other than a Mini, The Weekly Challenge or a VW bus. It almost made the list of my top 3 and would make it were it not for the fact the following have caused me to need therapy. No other circuit reminds me of Kate Bush (Running Up That Hill) as often. Although "Cloudbusting" creeps into my mind during a weather change. Then again, so does MacArthur's Park for similar reasons. #RichardHarrisDidItFirst #DonnaSummerDidItBetter

#3: Monza. This is exclusively due to the way folks race here for turn 1. I honestly think about that every time I go to this track in single player mode . . . and that's saying something.

#2: Horse Thief Mile at Willow Springs. It's actually fun in an old 1960s Honda that has about as much horsepower as a lawnmower . . . but no more than that. Delta HF? Fugetabatit. Honda S200? Please. Willy's Jeep? Willy's brake or Willy's go into sand? Hard pass.

#1: Northen Isles. OMG I HATE THIS TRACK SOOO MUCH. To be fair, this is likely due to a league I was in (they were wonderful folks!) and they decided to have a league race at this track.

In 911 RSRs. What. The Actual.

I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about that
@%@!&*$!% (did you really think I'd cuss on this site?)
track. For a Weekly Challenge I took a Pontiac GTO there and had flashbacks the entire time. The race was at night. We had to pit. Sparks flew. Heavy damage. Chaos. Rage. SCREAMING . . .

. . . sorry, I went away there for a moment.

Other than this track, I can take some type of car on every course in the game and enjoy single player in VR. Because this is the lone exception, it take my top spot for most hated track in Gran Turismo 7.

TL;DR: Northern Isles. Because Therapy.

Normally wouldn't contribute to a thread like this as I can find value in most things.

But I cannot stand Alsace in any variation. The scenery is bland, the "roads" don't make sense (what roads have multiple sections of 15 degree banking?) the kerb designs are just strange, none of the corners really flow together, it doesn't seem to suite any category of cars. It just feels like a soulless mix of corners put together by a 12 year old because he thought banked corners were cool.

Second on my list is Willow Springs in all variations. The Big Willow is a boring mix of long sweeping late apex corners, Streets of Willow is the complete opposite, just being continuous low speed hairpins and finally the Horse Thief Mile (what kind of track name is that?), even the go-kart is too fast for this track which leads me to the question, what is this track designed for? Bicycles?
The run off at Willow Springs must be the most harsh run off of any track ever created, especially the final corner of Big Willow. People have been lost and never seen again after going wide there.
And to top it all off, in online you can't even get adventurous and explore the middle or edges of the track without being reset to really take away any chance of having fun.

I'll give an honourable mention to BB Raceway which is maybe the strangest half oval I've ever seen and absolutely terrible to try and drive on, but also comically entertaining somehow, so it gets a pass.

which car class do u use ? Road cars feel bad at every track in my opinnion..that's why I avoid them...
I use normal GR3 cars and even that redbull car. I just hate that track.

I also realize most supercars are horrible. For whatever reasons, the japanese cars seems to be so much more fun, nicer to drive.

I've got a few I don't particularly care for.

Fantasy tracks:
St. Croix, especially the full circuit - Overly long and boring, nothing much to look at. Some horrid corners. I can't decide if this or Cape Ring was worse.
Alsace - So many oddball banked corners. Blah surroundings. Mostly I'm just not much a fan of courses on real "roads" (Le Sarthe being an exception), which leads me to...
Grand Valley - Why, why, why did they change it from a somewhat realistic race course to one based on public roads?? I liked the original, hate the new.
(dis)honorable mention to BB Raceway - "Let's make an oval but add one turn going the other way for no discernable reason." "Brilliant idea!"

Real tracks:
Willow Springs
  • Big Willow - The final turn is a pain in the butt. Just not overly interesting. While realistic in that it's surrounded solely by dirt/sand as in real life, some greenery would be nice. :lol:
  • Horse Thief Mile - Have fun crawling up the hills in underpowered cars. Good luck staying on track and not sliding off in the downhill braking sessions in faster cars. There's no flow.
  • Streets of Willow - Way too tight and twisty.
Fuji - I can take or leave the first two sectors. Sector 3 is awful though, especially with the bloody chicane. The thing is, I loved the original. The 90's and 80's versions had a nice flow.
At first I didn't like Autopolis. However, it's grown on me as I've put down more laps. I still don't really like using road cars on it, but the grippier race cars can be fun.

I could have checked myself ofc but now that you mentioned his name I at least checked his wikipedia entry and found this under "criticism":

Tilke's track designs have been the subject of criticism. A 2009 profile in The Guardian noted that Tilke "has been accused of penning boring tracks and, even worse, of butchering legendary ones like Hockenheim."[1] Russian Formula One commentator Alexey Popov coined the term "Tilkedrome" to emphasize the characteristic ennui of tracks designed by Tilke.[2]

Former driver and team owner Jackie Stewart was critical of Tilke in a 2011 piece in The Daily Telegraph, blaming his designs for the lack of overtaking and excitement at many Formula One races, saying they "are largely carbon copies of each other". Stewart, while praising the vast improvement the designs have brought to the sport's safety as well as "bringing fantastic amenities and luxuries to the sport", argued that the tracks have "gone too far the other way" in terms of safety. His primary complaint was that the large tarmac run-off areas fail to "penalise mistakes"; he cited the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where Mark Webber was unable to pass Fernando Alonso, despite the latter running wide on four occasions, because the track's run-off areas did not impede him. Stewart suggested that the run-offs be made of a substance that slowed the cars down and thus punished drivers' mistakes.[3] Webber echoed Stewart's views, stating that he was "spot on".[4][5] 1980 world champion Alan Jones described Tilke's designs as "just one constant-radius corner after another" and "boring".[6]

Others have defended him. Driver and commentator Anthony Davidson said that Tilke "understands the demands of the modern cars...he gives us run-off areas and it's all well thought out. They are enjoyable to race on because they suit modern F1 cars. At a track like Silverstone you do not get as much overtaking because it was designed for cars that were slower and did not depend on downforce for speed. But the circuits designed in recent years have a long straight and bigger braking zone." He particularly praised Turn Eight of Istanbul Park.[1]

The thing is F1 track regs are very specific in what you can and cannot do. Also you can only do so much if the land you're given doesn't have interesting topography. As a result most modern Grade 1 circuits look and feel very cookie cutter. A lot of people hate city tracks but I personally prefer new city tracks than new purpose built tracks for F1 precisely because you have to use existing roads and cannot make too many changes to sanitise it. Baku, Jeddah and Vegas all have very distinct characteristics and challenges compared to most tracks on the calendar.

Without F1 regs and given a hilly terrain, Tilke can create something like this:

-----------------

As for the thread question, I like to group tracks as follows from "I will never purposefully drive it" to "I will drive it every day".

1. Remove from the game - all ovals (except Daytona) and rally tracks

2. Meh tracks - Willow, Daytona, Monza, Nurb GP, RBR, Autopolis, Fuji, Alsace, St Croix

4. Great tracks but has some issues - ruined by layout changes (GVH, Trial Mt, Deep Forest) or inconsistent/unrealistic track limits (Interlagos, Atlanta, Watkins, Sarthe, Maggiore, Catalunya, Kyoto)

5. Perfect, no changes needed - Laguna, Brands, Spa, Dragon Trail, Goodwood, Nordschleife, Sardegna, HSR, Bathurst, Tokyo, Suzuka, Tsukuba

Last edited:
Normally wouldn't contribute to a thread like this as I can find value in most things.

But I cannot stand Alsace in any variation. The scenery is bland, the "roads" don't make sense (what roads have multiple sections of 15 degree banking?) the kerb designs are just strange, none of the corners really flow together, it doesn't seem to suite any category of cars. It just feels like a soulless mix of corners put together by a 12 year old because he thought banked corners were cool.

Likewise I normally wouldn't contribute to a thread like this, but as a member of the Alsace fan club i would just say as much as i respect your opinion, i find your comments not only deeply hurtful, but also just wrong. It was tough to read what you said about what i and very few others regard as the the best and most underused track in GT7. Sadly this Anti Alsace rhetoric is all too prevalent within the GT7 community and (call me conspiracy theorist) the people at PD, this may explain why we've had ONE daily race at Alsace Village in the 2 years GT7 has been out and that was just a measly Race B.

Your's sincerely
Nikki Barron
17 Rue Du Prost
Alsace
France

The thing is F1 track regs are very specific in what you can and cannot do. Also you can only do so much if the land you're given doesn't have interesting topography. As a result most modern Grade 1 circuits look and feel very cookie cutter. A lot of people hate city tracks but I personally prefer new city tracks than new purpose built tracks for F1 precisely because you have to use existing roads and cannot make too many changes to sanitise it. Baku, Jeddah and Vegas all have very distinct characteristics and challenges compared to most tracks on the calendar.

Without F1 regs and given a hilly terrain, Tilke can create something like this:

This reminds me of a sub 2 minute Nurburgring - I have to give Tilke some props for that. Would love GT7 to include these less "impressive" but more intimate, characterful, and fun, short tracks - like Ebisu or Maze - which are fun for slower cars. All we've got is Tsukuba. Another one that isn't impressive but looks like a ton of fun is Pacific Raceway:

-----------------

As for the thread question, I like to group tracks as follows from "I will never purposefully drive it" to "I will drive it every day".

1. Remove from the game - all ovals (except Daytona) and rally tracks

2. Meh tracks - Willow, Daytona, Monza, Nurb GP, RBR, Autopolis, Fuji, Alsace, St Croix

4. Great tracks but has some issues - ruined by layout changes (GVH, Trial Mt, Deep Forest) or inconsistent/unrealistic track limits (Interlagos, Atlanta, Watkins, Sarthe, Maggiore, Catalunya, Kyoto)

5. Perfect, no changes needed - Laguna, Brands, Spa, Dragon Trail, Goodwood, Nordschleife, Sardegna, HSR, Bathurst, Tokyo, Suzuka, Tsukuba
I think I agree with pretty much all of this. I would put HSR in category 4 though because I didn't like the changes they made from GT4 onwards. The GT7 remake was a step in the right direction, but I loved how much more intimate this track felt in GT1, though that may have been driven by hardware more than design.

Second on my list is Willow Springs in all variations. The Big Willow is a boring mix of long sweeping late apex corners, Streets of Willow is the complete opposite, just being continuous low speed hairpins and finally the Horse Thief Mile (what kind of track name is that?), even the go-kart is too fast for this track which leads me to the question, what is this track designed for? Bicycles?
OMG, yeah! I somehow like the Big Willow but I completely forgot about the other layouts. Not even sure which one it was 'cause I've only driven it once, IIRC it was for the Kei Car Challenge. Awful, awful track!

This reminds me of a sub 2 minute Nurburgring - I have to give Tilke some props for that. Would love GT7 to include these less "impressive" but more intimate, characterful, and fun, short tracks - like Ebisu or Maze - which are fun for slower cars. All we've got is Tsukuba. Another one that isn't impressive but looks like a ton of fun is Pacific Raceway:

I think I agree with pretty much all of this. I would put HSR in category 4 though because I didn't like the changes they made from GT4 onwards. The GT7 remake was a step in the right direction, but I loved how much more intimate this track felt in GT1, though that may have been driven by hardware more than design.

Exactly, GT is missing lots of club level tracks which are often much more interesting to drive than these big Grade 1 circuits because it has less stringent regulations and safety requirements. Imagine getting Lime Rock, Cadwell Park, Grobnik, Gotland Ring... Unfortunately because of the strong esports focus Kaz has completely forgotten about the driving fun side of the game since GT Sport. All of the new tracks are focused on fast race cars, and the old returning tracks have been similarly ruined to adapt Gr.3/4 races. When you pick a stock Kei car in GT7, you're very limited on where you can drive it to feel fun. Maggiore Center? Bleh, give me Autumn Ring Mini back!

About HSR I also think the GT1/2 version is the best with all corners severely banked. But I think the current one is as close as we're gonna get. We are just missing some banking in the S turn but otherwise it's pretty close.

This thread is... crazy. It is definitely interesting to see peoples takes on what makes a good track good and vice versa. For me, there are few tracks that I abjectly do not like, but they do exist.

I can't hate on ovals because they're just ovals. It's a valid part of racing and race history, so I just let them be what they are. They offer their own set of challenges and race craft.

There is a lot of hate for tracks I really like. I enjoy tracks that offer a challenge and are technically interesting. Alsace, St. Croix, Tokyo, Willow, Deep Forest, TM, Miyabi, Dragon Trail, Sardegna... hell, most of the tracks in the game all fit this criteria. It blows my mind that some people dislike the Nurburgring! St Croix is literally one of my favorite tracks but GT only sees fit to run one layout (B). That said, the final run out of the esses and down the hill is spectacular when you get it right, and the full layout is topped off with challenging corners and technical driving (there is a long left hander not long after the bridge that has a little bump in it that I love)! Don't get why people don't like a long technical and interesting track.

There are few tracks that make me groan when I presented with them in a race. Red Bull Ring is a circuit that I have no idea why anyone likes it. People talk about boring scenery. RBRs got it. Lame track layout? That too. RBR has it all. In general I don't like any track where "long straight then brake" is the driving style, and the only corners worth anything there are either off camber, blind, or just boring. RBR sucks. Monza suffers from a little of the same thing, but it doesn't bother me near as much as RBR does.

Laguna Seca isn't my favorite, but is still rewarding to get right and has a nice flow to it once you've learned the proper lines there.

I also don't really like Lemans a whole lot. The Porsche corners do nothing for me and seem to be built in a way that makes them impossible to get through smoothly. Lemans is long, it feels like several different tracks put together, and is comprised of insanely long straights where you're just sitting there for a while. The first section feels different than the main straight which feels different than the following section before the also different feeling Porsche curves and the finally different double chicanes at the end. Legend or not, it's just not a cohesive place to me at all.

All in all, I like most of the places we race in GT. I would challenge those that dislike popular tracks to go out and give them some laps in the hopes of finding some joy in them. I didn't really like any of the Tokyo layouts at all to begin with, but now after driving each one a bunch of times I really enjoy them all, and find a lot of reward in driving quickly with those walls right there.

Last edited:
Interlagos 🤮 adverse camber on too many corners and don't like the flow of it.

Not a fan of the new Grand Valley either. I liked it green. I see no beauty in that kind of desert landscape.

For me, i think the 1980s and 1990s Fuji was just bloody awesome. Its shocking to see how much they crap they churned to make the Fuji what it is today. The last section is just a pain to drive, with barely any proper lines.

Interlagos
I rate it personally 6/10. Not really my fav, and it's physically painful to play with controller

Autopolis

1/10. I absolutely hate this friggin track

Brands Hatch

Good track for slower cars, especially below 500pp. I rate it 7.5/10

Barcelona
6/10. Nice flow, but i don't like that chicane at the ultimate corner.

Sarthe
7.5/10 one of my fav. tracks

Spa
10/10 one of the best

Daytona
7/10. Very challenging especially the Le Mans chicane. Bumpy first sector too.

Fuji
The current one is crap. 4/10.

Goodwood
6.5/10 nice circuit for 300 - 500 pp cars

Road Atlanta
8/10 bumpy, blind corners, fast flow. I like this very much

Mount Panaroma
7.5/10 Very narrow, and difficult to master. but still a favourite

Nurburgring Northern Loop
10/10. The best with Spa

Nurburgring GP

5/10. It's an average circuit for me. The 1st few corners are really boring and not exciting.

Red Bull Ring
7/10. Nice flow and have a good mix of technical and high speed turns

Suzuka
On paper, its 10/10. In real life, it's so narrow and difficult to overtake because, it was actually meant to be a test track, not race track. Still an awesome track, extremely nice flow

Tsukuba
4/10 I don't really fancy this circuit

Watkins Glen
9/10 a real fav

Laguna Seca
9/10 Nice to race cars below 700 pp

Willow Springs
6/10 not really a fav. One mistake and you are in the desert. But very rewarding circuit

Alsace
4/10 can be very messy sometimes. The banked corners can be ridiculous.

Lago Maggiore
The human comedy mission made me loathe this circuit. 5/10

Blue Moon
6/10 not bad at all

Broad Bean
2/10. complete waste of time

Sainte Croix
i don;t really understand this circuit. it's a love-hate relationship. 5/10

Deep Forest
I absolutely hate that hairpin after that long straight. They destroyed this from the original layout. 4/10

Dragon Trail
8/10. One of my favs.

Grand Valley
5/10 this is not the grand valley i know from the earlier series.

High Speed Ring
7/10 one of my fav. I really loved this track on GT2

Kyoto Driving Park
8.5/10 i really like this because you can race lower powered cars all the way to GR1s

Northern Isle Speedway
2/10. Waste of time

Sardegna Road
I love all the configurations here. 9/10

Tokyo
Same as above

Trial Mountain
See comments from deep forest

St Croix & Tokyo I loathe. Any weeklies there I just avoid. Learning them well enough to gold them all In Sport was so painful. Havent bothered doing it again this time around. Not a fan of Grand Valley either.

I used to hate The Nord as well, until I had to learn it well enough to Gold it on Sport. Had the opposite effect though as now I really enjoy it.

Apologies if this is off–topic, but I'd like to defend some of my favourite tracks that some have said that they dislike.

Mount Panorama is by far my favourite track in the game. Yes, it's unforgiving, and passing is nigh impossible anywhere but on the back straight. But it's such a unique track in GTS/GT7 precisely because it's narrow, unforgiving, full of natural bumps, some off camber turns, and sharp elevation changes that makes it my favourite place to test road and race cars alike. It tests for everything the Nordschleife tests for in about a third of the time the Nordschleife takes, from low speed corners, downforce, stability over bumps, agility, gearing... if a car makes me trust it around Bathurst, I will trust it everywhere easy. It's only at narrow, winding mountain passes like this that so many of the game's low powered sports cars, like the AE86 and Impreza STi, start to make sense and "come alive". Bathurst is also an exceptionally rare track that flips the script on RMR cars with its sharp downhill switchbacks, making FR cars a compelling case around the track. It also sports an (almost!) full day–night cycle, with the track going pitch black in most areas despite being public roads. Overall, it just offers a feel so extremely raw, intimidating, and authentic that many of the sanitised tracks in GTS/GT7 lack, and is my firm favourite. I just wish it rained there!

For many of the same reasons, all three Willow Springs layouts are also favourites of mine, even though I'm terrible at them! I know many have cited the complete lack of scenery around the desert, but that in itself I find is such a unique aesthetic, and I've shot some of my favourite photos there. Turn off "Correct Car After Going Off Track", and you can even have a small taste of what an open world game with GT physics feel like, with Big Willow's sparse barriers. Also, Streets of Willow and Horse Thief Mile are, to my knowledge, the only real world circuits that have reverse layouts. How cool is that?!

Lastly, Tokyo. I'm not going to pretend I like racing there, but being the sole city track in the game, I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. It's only with GTS/GT7 shying away from city tracks did I realise how important they were to the series, and how much I've enjoyed them in past iterations. It's the only track that gives that right "feel" when shooting road cars with licence plates, and I only wish we had so, so much more city tracks in other countries. I very distinctly remember my first time playing GTS and just taking a Roadster around Tokyo, feeling like a kid driving through his train set, cherishing that joy and wonder before that piece of road became just another circuit to memorise and obliterate. But that sense of wonder never went away, even until now. I still feel that spark of imagination every time I go around Tokyo Central. It's the only track in the game that makes me feel this way.

But what solidified Tokyo Central Clockwise for me as an ultra underrated track, and the reason why I'm even making this post to begin with, is when I tried to set a fast lap around there with a bone stock E30 M3 Sport Evo. The corners are ALL blind, and so you really have to commit the track's every intricacy to memory, and just "know" when to apex. The red parts of the road have so little traction, and there are red strips peppered into the braking zones of the corner to really throw off both the car and driver. It forces drivers to rethink how and when to apex, and to get the car rotated before the road turns fully red. The track asks for so, so much commitment to power out of a turn you can't yet see the exit of. Most of the time, I end up eating walls, but when I get it right, god damn. God damn. No other track makes me feel like a genius superhero to get right! And thankfully, the Central layout is a very short one, so the difficulty in having to memorise each corner intensely feels well balanced with its short length.

If you'd like to try this for yourself, here's a 1:31.690 ghost I've set. Maybe your opinion on Tokyo Central might change after giving this a try:

If I were a Sport Mode player, I wouldn't enjoy any of the tracks I just wrote about, but as someone who mainly plays SP and enjoys road cars, most of the sanitised, wide, flat racetracks with barely any scenery just blend together and feel the same to me. I feel like a good 80% of the tracks in this game cater to the 20% of cars that are racecars in this game, and it just doesn't sit right with me. I therefore very strongly appreciate the off–kilter outliers that are in the game, and only wish we had more variety and personality in the game.

Back