Most Money Quickly?

• Thread starter Jason
  • 272 comments
I'm may come across here thicker than a cross between a village idiot and a TV weather girl, but does this formula explain why I got 3.8mill with 200% bonus, and the original guy that posted this "method" got 3.8mill with 130% bonus? Surely we should have gotten different prize amounts?

No you aren't being thick. It is impossible to get 3.8M with the current payouts at 130%. Your confusion is justified.

No you aren't being thick. It is impossible to get 3.8M with the current payouts at 130%. Your confusion is justified.

I thought so :D lol... I was expecting around 5mill (as mentioned by others), but I'm not going to sniff at 3.8 :) might try going a bit lower with the PP though ;)

I hope this thread answers your question better. Note the PP's and payouts involved. And don't forget to post up your results!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=278911

ILLS, I'm confused. I've clearly demonstrated how to calculate payouts but you seem skeptical of the math. It's very straightforward. Suggesting that an anecdote is a "better" answer than the actual math is strange to me.

I went to that thread you pointed to, saw that the one guy used 528PP, and without looking at what he won, I used a piece of scratch paper to estimate the multiplier was around 6.1x. Added that to the 200% for login bonus, multiply that by 550,600 and you get EXACTLY what the guy won.

In case you are curious where the 6.1 came from:

650PP --> 0x
610PP --> 2x (As stated on the race page)
570PP --> 4x
530PP --> 6x
490PP --> 8x

528PP is very close to 530PP, so I estimated 6.1x.

The math is (550600 * 200% login bonus) + (550600 * 6.1) = 4459860.

How can I explain it any clearer? It works for every race, for every PP, for every place you finish. Please note, at certain times, GT5 changes its payouts, even for previous races - to reward us or something. The math I've shown can be used regardless if they change or not; whereas the anecdotes won't apply to new payouts or to different races.

ILLS, I'm confused. I've clearly demonstrated how to calculate payouts but you seem skeptical of the math. It's very straightforward. Suggesting that an anecdote is a "better" answer than the actual math is strange to me.

I went to that thread you pointed to, saw that the one guy used 528PP, and without looking at what he won, I used a piece of scratch paper to estimate the multiplier was around 6.1x. Added that to the 200% for login bonus, multiply that by 550,600 and you get EXACTLY what the guy won.

650PP --> 0x
570PP --> 4x
530PP --> 6x
490PP --> 8x

How can I explain it any clearer? It works for every race, for every PP, for every place you finish. Please note, at certain times, GT5 changes its payouts, even for previous races - to reward us or something. The math I've shown can be used regardless if they change or not; whereas the anecdotes won't apply to new payouts or to different races.

First of all, there is a discrepancy between the formula you have provided and the formula the moderator had previously provided (in that the formula you provided multiplied the PDA bonus by the Login bonus).

That I directed the gamer to a dedicated thread in which he can participate in the specific endeavor which he's talking about and can log his results has absolutely nothing to do with our discussion.

The third point that the only mathematical 'given' was the double value for the lower PP, leaving one to actually do some testing, or to rely on someone else to do some testing in order to find out if the PDA was linear or progressive, which was my question for you.

Your response, without understanding my point, was to stand by and proclaim "it's simple math!" (leaving out that your explanations skipped at least on major step)

First of all, there is a discrepancy between the formula you have provided and the formula the moderator had previously provided (in that the formula you provided multiplied the PDA bonus by the Login bonus).

That I directed the gamer to a dedicated thread in which he can participate in the specific endeavor which he's talking about and can log his results has absolutely nothing to do with our discussion.

The third point that the only mathematical 'given' was the double value for the lower PP, leaving one to actually do some testing, or to rely on someone else to do some testing in order to find out if the PDA was linear or progressive, which was my question for you.

Your response, without understanding my point, was to stand by and proclaim "it's simple math!" (leaving out that your explanations skipped at least on major step)

Not to prattle on like a little school kid, but part of my real job is to explain technical things to non-technical people, and I'm trying to figure out where I've gone wrong with you.

To your points above...
1) where is any discrepancy in my formula to anyone else's? I don't ever multiply login by PDA. The formula, again, is (login * award) + (PDA * award), just as the link you posted has it. But that post is too specific and doesn't work at all when the parameters change; mine works for all cases.
2) you are the one who said another thread answered someone's question "better" than my answer did - after the person thanked me for helping them.
3) I didn't simply say it's math and leave. I gave the formula, explained how I came up with it, and gave 3 examples how to use it.

I'm done with my attempts to explain the formula. Enjoy the game.

Peace out.

3) I didn't simply say it's math and leave. I gave the formula, explained how I came up with it, and gave 3 examples how to use it.

I'm done with my attempts to explain the formula. Enjoy the game.

Peace out.

I'm glad you're done.

Although you never explained how you came up with the PDA formula, probably because that would require admitting that there was trial and error involved in order to determine, from the only given double bonus, whether the PDA was linear or progressive in nature.

Therefore, my original response which you saw fit to correct, stands.
The easiest way to find out how the bonuses work, if you don't know the formula (which requires trial and error to nail down), is by trial and error.

Peace.

That formula is not always correct. It is only applicable to events that have a doubling factor of 30PP. But the concepts are the same. In that case, each PP is worth about 6.6% because for every 30PP you get 200% more. But that is not always the case. In the NASCAR event, it doubles with 40PP, so each PP is essentially worth about 5%.

The method that I have shown is as accurate as you can get. I'm not sure if I need to explain it further. My examples should be useful to figuring it out.

Many thanks Python, your formula is more accurate 👍

In Seasonal Events there is a Nascar-challenge.One of the circuits is Monza.After doing this race I found out I took a pretty big lead at the finish (32 secs).So I took one of my nascars and reduced the power to 71 %.I still won the race,but with a lead over nr 2 by 7 secs.When the race was done I got my cash,200 %,and a bonus for Experience Difference.So,in less than 12 mins I got a cash of nearly 3.2 million.Now thats what I call big money.

I tried most of the tricks this thread suggested, but for an average (maybe less than average) driver like my self my favorite challenge for easy money is the Tsukuba track on 750pp real tracks.
I use a Chaparral detuned to ~450hp (610pp).
Reward is 2.2 mil for 5 minutes of racing.
That's ~400.000 for minute.

I´m sure most of you can do a lot better.

Nascar at monza i make at best 3.5 mil for 13 min, which only accounts to ~270.000/min.

No corner cutting needed.

For average drivers like myself i sugest starting at 600hp and removing 50 hp after each win. As the lines get better so the reward ;)

The only drawback i found is that the AI seems a bit inconsistent. Sometimes the best car has a total time of 5.05m, others 4.50m. I think this has to be with the Toyota 7 wich holds the faster cars from pulling away. With some lineups he does his job and with others he lets them get away.

Last edited:
I tried most of the tricks this thread suggested, but for an average (maybe less than average) driver like my self my favorite challenge for easy money is the Tsukuba track on 750pp real tracks.
I use a Chaparral detuned to ~450hp (610pp).
Reward is 2.2 mil for 5 minutes of racing.
That's ~400.000 for minute.

I´m sure most of you can do a lot better.

The only drawback i found is that the AI seems a bit inconsistent. Sometimes the best car has a total time of 5.05m, others 4.50m. I think this has to be with the Toyota 7 wich holds the faster cars from pulling away. With some lineups he does his job and with others he lets them get away.

Maxed out this event in the 2J , here's a link to my setup.

MadMax

I know it's already been posted but, Cape Ring Periphery in FF seasonal events nets me about 1.6 mil with a ford Ka set to about 345?-355PP. I'm not exactly sure the lowest i went but I'm almost certain it was somewhere in the 330 range cuz I got just over 2 mil.

650PP --> 0x
570PP --> 4x
530PP --> 6x
490PP --> 8x

Using the above I got the expected amount of money :)
for Nascar italy 650 pp race
1st prize is still 550600
I have 200% login bonus
My car was 570 PP
I won 3303600
(total time 12:39) I really hate driving nascars :indiff:

Cape Ring in the new Dream Car Championship is an easy way to get a lot of credits in no time. Just use a stock Audi R8 Race car, turn down the power and dry the max speed to 330 kmh and you easily gets more than 3.000.000 credits in less than 7½ minutes, I guess that the fast drivers will get much more than 4.000.000 for a single race

Just in case anybody didn't know yet, you can get quite a bit of credits in the Toscana race of the Japanese 90's Challenge. I used a Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99 detuned to 370pp and can get close to, if not above, 2.0m credits for a 6 minute race. You can probably even go below 370pp for more credits if you like. :)

Just in case anybody didn't know yet, you can get quite a bit of credits in the Toscana race of the Japanese 90's Challenge. I used a Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99 detuned to 370pp and can get close to, if not above, 2.0m credits for a 6 minute race. You can probably even go below 370pp for more credits if you like. :)

I'm gonna have to try this. That was a fun track, although the fireworks were a little distracting.

Pretty colors... *hits guardrail*

Cape Ring in the new Dream Car Championship is an easy way to get a lot of credits in no time. Just use a stock Audi R8 Race car, turn down the power and dry the max speed to 330 kmh and you easily gets more than 3.000.000 credits in less than 7½ minutes, I guess that the fast drivers will get much more than 4.000.000 for a single race

yes Suba1960 posted this over at dream race thread, you can make over 4mil per 7:20 min race about 615000 per minute using Takata dome, prob even better with 2j.

I know for sure that in the dream car seasonals, R246 in a slightly detuned 2J is very easy and will net you about 2.2 mil. I'm not a very good driver, so a good driver could probably detune it even further and get maybe 4 or 5 mil in maybe 10 or so minutes.

Personally, I use a limited Cobra/Corvette and up the max speed to ~350kph and do the Classic Car Seasonal at Daytona. Nets me ~200,000c.

2.7125 million in just over 6 minutes.

Japanese Challenge Suzuka Curcuit East Course

Interested in some specifics, such as car used, PP it was tuned to, and whether any cutting (i.e. through the first S) was involved.

I used the Honda Civic Type R(EK) 98, i got it down to 315pp 87hp, i cut every corner and drafted as much as possible.

Ok guys i need some help, i have a V12 LMR Race Car and i only have i game day left and i am 1.6million off, or an XJR-9 LM Race car 2 game days away and i am 2.6million off.

Firstly which one should i get and which money making race do i use. I have a 2J i can use from my other account and thats about it. If you suggest something can i add you on PSN and you share it maybe. I really want either of these cars so thank you for your help :)

Ok guys i need some help, i have a V12 LMR Race Car and i only have i game day left and i am 1.6million off, or an XJR-9 LM Race car 2 game days away and i am 2.6million off.

Firstly which one should i get and which money making race do i use. I have a 2J i can use from my other account and thats about it. If you suggest something can i add you on PSN and you share it maybe. I really want either of these cars so thank you for your help :)

If you can use 2J then go to Cape Ring in the 710pp seasonal event, you can easily get over 4million credits per race (assuming a 200% login bonus) by detuning that car (I detuned mine to around 575pp). Do some testing on another account with it so you don't let those game days get past you, for sure it's the quickest & easiest way to earn credits now.

If you can use 2J then go to Cape Ring in the 710pp seasonal event, you can easily get over 4million credits per race (assuming a 200% login bonus) by detuning that car (I detuned mine to around 575pp). Do some testing on another account with it so you don't let those game days get past you, for sure it's the quickest & easiest way to earn credits now.

Thanks for that, i will give it a run tomorrow :)

Interested in some specifics, such as car used, PP it was tuned to, and whether any cutting (i.e. through the first S) was involved.

Good to have the supra 97 as rabbit, does around 7:23. Depending on rabbit time can vary from 7:10....7:20 etc..dont know if there is a slower rabbit then the supra.

Lately I have been running the Prius TC at cape ring in the new 430pp ff seasonal. I get 2,000,000 & 200000 xp in less than 5 min with 377pp & 200% login bonus. I came up with a tune for the Prius TC that makes it brake and corner surprisingly well for an FF car... virtually no understeer :eek: if anyone wants the tuning specs, just msg me either here or on PSN

I use the BMW V12 with adjusted Praiano tune at 645pp on latest Dream Car 710pp event at Cape Ring giving 2.000.000 cr. every 7.10 mins (200% login ofc)

Lately I have been running the Prius TC at cape ring in the new 430pp ff seasonal. I get 2,000,000 & 200000 xp in less than 5 min with 377pp & 200% login bonus. I came up with a tune for the Prius TC that makes it brake and corner surprisingly well for an FF car... virtually no understeer :eek: if anyone wants the tuning specs, just msg me either here or on PSN

i tried the Prius with an adjusted tune i found at GTP, downtuned it till 373pp and getting +2.100.000 cr. in 4,30mins.

Almost doubles my V12 money.

tnx thebadwrench for this tip

Last edited:
Back