Most requested BMW in Forza history coming to FH3

• Thread starter MLRSparco
  • 66 comments
What a bizarre way to see new content. What constitutes "completely enjoying it" that requires a wheel, exactly?

Not hating on pads, I use them too when I want to be competitive, or drive in 3rd person. I use a wheel to enjoy the cars. Let's say we're taking a corner in a stock 95 m5. With a pad we'll be able to hug the turn( let's say 95mph), and the tail will slip out in a controllable manner as the tires lose grip. With a wheel we'll take the turn at 80, 85mph tops; because we wont be able to just slide the back out(without months of practice), we will actually feel the car lose grip, the stock tires flex, the body roll, the weight transfer. All in a simulated manner. We wont go as fast, but we most likely will ENJOY its UNIQUE characteristics more.

I dont win many races online with a wheel, and I like 3rd person view on these beautiful cars. So once again not hating on pads

It's easier to be fast on a controller than a wheel in a Forza title, always been that way. That is why you see so many of the top drivers (leaderboard toppers, FRC finalists etc.) use controllers.

Wheels are more enjoyable from an immersion perspective which is a valid reason for owning one but if you're after laptimes then a controller is often the best way to go.

Why the early fuss about this one car?
I mean it's better than those stupid clues but still.

Probably got mad $$ from BMW.

I suspect this is the reason:

https://www.trueachievements.com/a227893/forzathon-howl-at-the-moon-challenge

• Forzathon Challenges are added to the Xbox Live servers (and scanned by sites like TrueAchievements) at the end of every month.
  • The i8 is explicitly mentioned in one of the challenges.
  • Rather than have the i8 be revealed by somebody spotting it on the list today, Turn 10 went for the bigger impact reveal by pre-empting this and posting it on Facebook themselves.
Now, as for the question regarding why the i8 (a DLC car) is explicitly required to complete a Forzathon Challenge, I'll leave that one to your imagination ;)

Wonder what the other DLC cars will be? The i8 is interesting but hoping to finally get the Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans. The Jensen Interceptor wouldn't be bad, either 👍 Coming this Tuesday I take it as it's the first Tuesday of the month?

Back