Motor City Tunes GT6

@Motor City Hami

Not sure if you have made your decision regarding PC and G27 or PS4 and new wheel yet or not. I'm a little late to that discussion, but I can tell you a few things.

I had the same decision to make. For me it was clear cut....... PC all the way. I was able to build a new mmid-range rig to support Project CARS for about the same cost as the PS4 and I get to keep using the G27 that I purchased alongside GT6. Like you, I plan to eventually upgrade to the ClubSport series of wheel/shifter/pedals, but truly feel the quality of these products would be wasted on the PS4 due to platform limitations.

In regards to Project CARS itself, I have been fortunate enough to have had access to an early build which I have been enjoying tremendously. It has taken me back to my roots in PC based Sim Racing. It is EVERYTHING it is being hyped up to be. The tuning is accurate, the physics are amazing, the FFB is incredible, and the graphics and game play are what you would expect after seeing the multitude of videos out there.

I will be very comfortably walking away from the GT series without hesitation or regret. GT compared to Project CARS is a similar comparison as Midnight Club to GT. Project CARS simply makes GT6 feel like a typical arcade racer.

Hope that helps........

@Motor City Hami

Hope that helps........

It does. If I go to PC I will need to upgrade a few things on my current machine or buy a gaming PC. And, if I go PC I will be upgrading to the Club Sport 2. Or, if my real world racing goes well this summer, I may just upgrade that to have a pro motor? I'll start making decisions later this summer.

Last edited:
I have been called a glitch tuner in some circles. I was also accused by the same crowd of letting my real world tuning knowledge get in the way of tuning for the game. Those two labels are at opposite ends of the spectrum. So I'll just let the theorists theorize while I keep cranking out examples of my work, with tunes.

Speaking of which; Hami, I've gone back to GT-5, where camber is camber, and men are men. I'm using your Mazda Roadster '07 model tune for Endurance Racing and what a lovely tune it is. I just wanted to thank you for that.
Cheers, Pete

"If they don't bring the Endurance Racing to me ,then I will go to the Endurance Racing", and you can quote me on that!

Speaking of which; Hami, I've gone back to GT-5, where camber is camber, and men are men. I'm using your Mazda Roadster '07 model tune for Endurance Racing and what a lovely tune it is. I just wanted to thank you for that.
Cheers, Pete

"If they don't bring the Endurance Racing to me ,then I will go to the Endurance Racing", and you can quote me on that!
I really miss the proper endurance races :(
Note to PD: 24 minutes does not make an endurance race in anyone's book :irked:

17439055946_f6b42d284c_k.jpg

It is so good to have you back home. Out of storage and getting ready to hit the track for the summer. She sounds good.

17439055946_f6b42d284c_k.jpg

It is so good to have you back home. Out of storage and getting ready to hit the track for the summer. She sounds good.
Go the green #51 :) 👍
When & where is your first event for the season? I'm sure you're counting down the days & looking forward to turning laps with added G forces :lol:

Start in two weeks. My favorite track, Grattan Raceway, is on the schedule for June.
I just had a look at a track map of Grattan Raceway & I'm betting you can think of 12 good reasons to race there.
Turn 1, turn 2, turn 3....:D
It looks like 2 miles of awesome technical fun with plenty of opportunities to set up an opponent :) 👍

I just had a look at a track map of Grattan Raceway & I'm betting you can think of 12 good reasons to race there.
Turn 1, turn 2, turn 3....:D
It looks like 2 miles of awesome technical fun with plenty of opportunities to set up an opponent :) 👍

Every corner is a blind apex or exit. You drive it more from feel than visual input. Did you see the jump on the back section? Not really a jump, but could get the rear of the Civic off the ground over it and all four wheels in the air on a Skip Barber formula car that I raced there. The Miata has enough suspension travel that it just gets light there. It is for sure off of the suspension springs. I have not been to the track in two years so going to have to read through my notes and get back into the feel of it.

They also race super bikes at Grattan. Look up some of that footage. I think they normally run it the opposite direction from us.

Every corner is a blind apex or exit. You drive it more from feel than visual input. Did you see the jump on the back section? Not really a jump, but could get the rear of the Civic off the ground over it and all four wheels in the air on a Skip Barber formula car that I raced there. The Miata has enough suspension travel that it just gets light there. It is for sure off of the suspension springs. I have not been to the track in two years so going to have to read through my notes and get back into the feel of it.

They also race super bikes at Grattan. Look up some of that footage. I think they normally run it the opposite direction from us.
I only looked up the track map but the track description did say it had a lot of elevation changes.
Sounds like 2 miles of terror for a newby learning all the turn in points, apexes & the like. If you have a GoPro or similar, you should post some footage of your exploits.

This is from my older GoPro. It gets placed in the kill zone.

Picked up top qualifier in ITA. The orange #55 Miata in the video was the second fastest qualifier. I won every event that weekend.

That footage was an education. More than a few surface changes, bumpy in parts and more open with a higher average speed than I suspected from the track map.
I also picked up from the audio you using a higher gear & the engine torque than your orange painted competitor.
Well done 👍 :cheers:

Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
385 PP, 157 hp, 950 kg
Weight Distribution 52:48

17434534548_ea6628404e_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim brake pedal mod

Tuning & Maintenance
No pit services
Rims: ENKEI Baja Standard Size
Body Paint: Europablau

Installed Parts
Sports Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Standard Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Standard Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
No Turbo Kits
Standard Weight Reduction
Standard Hood
Standard Windows

Tune Game V1.18
Ride Height 95/90
Springs 3.50/4.50
Dampers Compression 2/7
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
Camber 0.3/2.7
Toe -0.27/-0.17
Brake balance 3/5
LSD 9/14/6
Power Level 95.4%
Ballast 130 kg
Ballast Position +50

Transmission
Reset to Default
Final Gear to 4.000
Max Speed to 99 (never touch again)
1st gear 4.200
2nd gear 2.725
3rd gear 2.045
4th gear 1.650
5th gear 1.400
Final gear 3.650

Last edited:
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
450 PP, 247 hp, 1100 kg
Weight Distribution 59:41

17622377155_e8e229d922_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim brake pedal mod

Tuning & Maintenance
No pit services
Rims: ENKEI Baja Standard Size
Body Paint: Europablau

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
No Turbo Kits
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune Game V1.18
Ride Height 95/90
Springs 4.50/10.00
Dampers Compression 1/9
Dampers Extension 10/2
Anti-Roll Bars 4/7
Camber 0.0/3.0
Toe -0.75/-0.60
Brake balance 3/6
LSD 9/54/7
Power Level 97.2%
Ballast 7 kg
Ballast Position -50

Transmission
Reset to Default
Final Gear to 5.500
Max Speed to 112 (never touch again)
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 2.050
3rd gear 1.600
4th gear 1.325
5th gear 1.130
6th gear 1.000
Final gear 4.775

Last edited:
Hamilton,
I just started GT-6 all over again for about the fifth time. At least I know which cars are the best by this time, so there was no hesitation in buying the NSX-R prototype LM road car, again.

I noticed your new tune for this car and decided to give it a shot today, racing at Rome, 600 PP max. I tried my own tune first, then Mr. P's, then yours. Yours was the bestest and I have to thank you for this wonderful tune. You sure are pumping them out. I'm gonna try your GT350R tune tomorrow also.

(Thank God for the Seasonals or I would never be able to afford to buy/tune these cars?!?!)

Cheers, Pete

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Rally Car
616 PP, 662 hp, 975 kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

13683844694_08dec70f5a_z.jpg

Tune request for a racing series.

Pit Service
Paint: Rally Green Metallic

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Standard Clutch & Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque-Distributing Center Differential
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold Standard
Catalytic Converter Standard
Intake Standard
Turbo Kit High RPM
Weight Reduction Standard
Carbon Hood Standard
Window Weight Reduction Standard

Tune
Ride Height 140/70
Springs 8.50/10.00
Dampers Compression 3/9
Dampers Extension 10/4
Anti-Roll Bars 2/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.25/-0.38
Brake balance 4/8
LSD Front 20/5/9
LSD Rear 15/16/7
F/R Torque Split 42:58
Power Level 100%
Downforce 150/180
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 58:42

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
1st gear 3.100
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.740
4th gear 1.450
5th gear 1.245
6th gear 1.100
Final gear 3.550 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Hi,

I found some bits and pieces, i will post them occasionally, ok?

With tis tune i can only get 572 pp at 1115 kg

Grts Steef

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
616 PP, 662 hp, 975 kg

13683535023_9bce8f69f2_z.jpg

Another one of my favorites.

Pit Service

Paint: Spirited Green Metallic
OZ Racing Superforgiata rims

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Standard Clutch & Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold Standard
Catalytic Converter Standard
Intake Standard
Turbo Kit High RPM
Weight Reduction Standard
Carbon Hood Standard
Window Weight Reduction Standard

Tune
Ride Height 78/58
Springs 12.80/14.00
Dampers Compression 3/4
Dampers Extension 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.10/0.00
Brake balance 6/6
LSD 11/14/11
Power Level 100%
Downforce 350/400
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50:50

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Max Speed to 124 (never touch again)
1st gear 3.200
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.690
4th gear 1.370
5th gear 0.165
6th gear 1.025
Final gear 3.300 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

5th gear is 1.165

Grts

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69

Numbers match with oil change...

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe'11

needs at least a sports computer to reach 550pp

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

Weight reduction stage 3 instead of 1

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

Weight reduction stage 3

Ferrari 512 BB '76

No downforce

Last edited:
Lotus Elise 111R '04
500 PP, 270 hp, 800 kg
Weight Distribution 44:56

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune Game Version 1.15
Ride Height 100/100
Springs 5.00/9.00
Dampers Compression 2/3
Dampers Extension 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.5/1.5
Toe -0.05/0.05
Brake balance 5/5
LSD 10/13/12
Power Level 98.0%
Ballast 50 kg
Ballast Position -25

Transmission
Final Gear to 4.500
1st gear 4.550
2nd gear 3.200
3rd gear 2.480
4th gear 2.035
5th gear 1.730
6th gear 1.525
Final gear 3.500 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

This one matches when the sports computer is installed

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04
450 PP, 262 hp, 1100 kg
Weight Distribution 55:45
I recently purchased a Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 by mistake. I was unable to find a tune for it. I have used your tunes since my GT5 days so I decided to use this tune on CS tires. I race all my cars on Sierra TT and all my 450pp on CS tires. I was quite happy when it came out on top by almost 2 seconds. I had to lower the ballast to 92kg to get the proper PP and bhp. You have made a mistake into a happy one. Thank you
17040360756_9bf8465074_z.jpg

Tuning and Maintenance
Front Aero Type A
Rims: Stock
Body Paint: Taiga Metallic

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune Game Version 1.15
Ride Height 85/80
Springs 5.50/5.75
Dampers Compression 2/5
Dampers Extension 9/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/5
Camber 0.2/0.5
Toe -0.25/-0.15
Brake balance 4/5
LSD 7/12/7
Power Level 98.3%
Ballast 112 kg
Ballast Position +35

Transmission
Final Gear to 4.750
1st gear 4.200
2nd gear 2.900
3rd gear 2.235
4th gear 1.825
5th gear 1.555
6th gear 1.375
Final gear 3.600 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

18140804339_cfeba7b354_z.jpg

There are an entire set of muscles that I had completely forgotten about. Forgot how much effort, mental and physical, it takes to drive cars fast.

I also instructed at today's open track day. I was assigned two students. Student one had zero track experience. He also had five or six friends there and soon I was giving advice to the group. Some of them are also Gran Turismo players. Student one (and his friends) all did very well.

Student two, didn't listen as closely to my suggestions. After session one, he told me that his friend has experience at the track so he would just follow him. I thought, how much could one have being in the complete newby group? In session two, his friend crashed so he was more accepting of instruction after that. By the end of the day, he too was getting there.

What a fun day. I think I remember how to do this. I had three rain sessions and really pushed the car today. It's kind of like saying that I won practice, but no one in the competition group was able to pass me, including this guy.

18139457098_7b4a35cc4d_z.jpg

18140804339_cfeba7b354_z.jpg

There are an entire set of muscles that I had completely forgotten about. Forgot how much effort, mental and physical, it takes to drive cars fast.

I also instructed at today's open track day. I was assigned two students. Student one had zero track experience. He also had five or six friends there and soon I was giving advice to the group. Some of them are also Gran Turismo players. Student one (and his friends) all did very well.

Student two, didn't listen as closely to my suggestions. After session one, he told me that his friend has experience at the track so he would just follow him. I thought, how much could one have being in the complete newby group? In session two, his friend crashed so he was more accepting of instruction after that. By the end of the day, he too was getting there.

What a fun day. I think I remember how to do this. I had three rain sessions and really pushed the car today. It's kind of like saying that I won practice, but no one in the competition group was able to pass me, including this guy.

18139457098_7b4a35cc4d_z.jpg
Over the years, I've found you can't preach to the dumb or the ignorant know-it-all :rolleyes: :dopey:
They usually find out when it's too late

By the way, one of my students was using traction control and ABS in the rain. How dare he. That's not real world at all. Wait... we were in the real world so now I am thoroughly confused.
How dare he! That's Blasphemy!
Ohh wait I'd do that too, I would be a tad nervous about wrecking the car of my instructor in the rain

Back