Motor City Tunes GT6

Qualified 17 of 44 in my first on track session at Mid-Ohio.

In race one on lap 10 of 16, I got punted from 14th spot and we both spun. Not sure where I finished. I have some bent rear suspension bits but no spares so a bit of hillbilly alignment and ready for today.

I filed a protest and the only issued a warning. What a joke. I get Motocross side swipe passed and spun and he gets a slap on the wrist. He gets no room from me today.

In race one on lap 10 of 16, I got punted from 14th spot and we both spun. Not sure where I finished. I have some bent rear suspension bits but no spares so a bit of hillbilly alignment and ready for today.

I filed a protest and the only issued a warning. What a joke. I get Motocross side swipe passed and spun and he gets a slap on the wrist. He gets no room from me today.
I feel sad for the bent suspension, must be so frustrating to get bumped out and have to deal with car repairs coming out of your pocket, and worse not having those parts. Best of luck for today Hami 👍, hope you'll have a video for us, thanks for sharing.

I echo the comments from @TurnLeft about your suspension 'adjustment' thanks to the 'talent' exhibited by Mr.Desperate.
I hope you have a super sized serving of revenge ready for him should you get the opportunity.
If it doesn't present itself this meeting, one thing is for sure. This guy is going to be extremely nervous whenever he see the green 51 in his mirror & that might be approaching a corner with the potential to cause a lot more damage :mischievous:
Hope you make it to the end of the day without any further drama & stay safe Mr.H 👍

Back home now. Hoping to post some video this week. I had camera problems in every event on Saturday. Not sure what I captured for Sunday. Let's hope that I got the feature race. Lot's of close running and a good amount of passing. Respect all around for how closely we ran without one scratch on the paint. There was no time to relax for the full 30 minutes. It was on from the drop of the flag. Spec Miata is a bit like the BTCC at how closely we run (and sometimes the damage). I did see a red Miata come in on the hook at the end of the day - front completely crushed from a head on into the wall.

As for Mr. Desperate, I started right behind him in this morning's race. I decided to be the bigger person, not take him out, but just beat him. I passed him by turn four and just left him. He started way back in the afternoon feature race and had contact with someone else. I hope that guy protested, because Mr. Desperate could get a suspended licence or at the very least probation.

I entered the weekend with high hopes of being in the top 15 of 44, but after lots of dicing, moving from 17th to 13th then back to 18th then up again, I finished 16th. I drove all day today with hillbilly alignment - meaning that the wheel is close to aligned, but the settings are nowhere near normal to do it. The right rear upper suspension arm and the upright that holds the wheel hub had to be pried together so that I could get the upper suspension bolt in. It was binding a bit, but it's better than not running. The car handled pretty well. In left hand turns the right rear was lazy at returning to ride height so I would get a little loose way late in the corner. I just kinda go karted the thing around there by getting a good turn in, then turning back quite a bit on exit. The weird part was that I could hear the metal to metal grinding of that upper mount point in every corner. It was like a squeaky door.

Fun day anyway. The talent level in SCCA Regional racing has really increased since I last raced at Mid-Ohio. The fast guys got faster and the mid-pack guys all got fast. I was talking with one racer who said that he would absolutely nail a section then check his mirrors to see how much he pulled the guy behind him only to see that he also absolutely nailed the same section. That was my day today. I drove really, really hard in the feature. I gave it everything I had and am happy with the finish.

Pics and video to come later this week.

20399341236_4349e8b809_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back home now. Hoping to post some video this week. I had camera problems in every event on Saturday. Not sure what I captured for Sunday. Let's hope that I got the feature race. Lot's of close running and a good amount of passing. Respect all around for how closely we ran without one scratch on the paint. There was no time to relax for the full 30 minutes. It was on from the drop of the flag. Spec Miata is a bit like the BTCC at how closely we run (and sometimes the damage). I did see a red Miata come in on the hook at the end of the day - front completely crushed from a head on into the wall.

As for Mr. Desperate, I started right behind him in this morning's race. I decided to be the bigger person, not take him out, but just beat him. I passed him by turn four and just left him. He started way back in the afternoon feature race and had contact with someone else. I hope that guy protested, because Mr. Desperate could get a suspended licence or at the very least probation.

I entered the weekend with high hopes of being in the top 15 of 44, but after lots of dicing, moving from 17th to 13th then back to 18th then up again, I finished 16th. I drove all day today with hillbilly alignment - meaning that the wheel is close to aligned, but the settings are nowhere near normal to do it. The right rear upper suspension arm and the upright that holds the wheel hub had to be pried together so that I could get the upper suspension bolt in. It was binding a bit, but it's better than not running. The car handled pretty well. In left hand turns the right rear was lazy at returning to ride height so I would get a little loose way late in the corner. I just kinda go karted the thing around there by getting a good turn in, then turning back quite a bit on exit. The weird part was that I could hear the metal to metal grinding of that upper mount point in every corner. It was like a squeaky door.

Fun day anyway. The talent level in SCCA Regional racing has really increased since I last raced at Mid-Ohio. The fast guys got faster and the mid-pack guys all got fast. I was talking with one racer who said that he would absolutely nail a section then check his mirrors to see how much he pulled the guy behind him only to see that he also absolutely nailed the same section. That was my day today. I drove really, really hard in the feature. I gave it everything I had and am happy with the finish.

Pics and video to come later this week.

20399341236_4349e8b809_z.jpg
Well done Hami :) 👍 on several points.
1. For hanging in there with the 'hillbilly' alignment, adapting to the circumstances & not having the audible protests from the RR send you to pitlane. I'm not sure I would've been able to continue while listening to that.
2. For battling through adversity & still putting in a top performance without swapping paint.
3. For being the bigger man & passing Mr.Desperate without contact. That in itself deserves praise from me as I seriously have my doubts I would've been as calm about the situation. Like you, I really hope the other guy he made contact with filed a protest and that the stewards saw fit to hand down a suitable penalty. Surely he couldn't get away with it 2 days in a row.
I'm really looking forward to the pics & footage. Hopefully it turned out well as it really sounds like something worth watching.

Uhg. The morning after is tough. Why did I pick such a physical sport. Anyone reading this while sitting comfortably in their game racing chair who is thinking about racing for real, take note. I equate this to maybe doing three full, solid days of yard work, then driving a three hour tow home. It's tough. Anyone with hopes of making it to GT Academy and if you struggle to just get in and out of your gaming chair, start working out now. I am in decent shape for a guy in my 40's, but this is tough. My fingers hurt just to type. I must have been gripping the wheel a bit hard during much of the Sunday race. I really hope that my video caught a couple of moments. I was in a tight battle with a couple of other cars and must not have been breathing. As I exited the keyhole onto the back straight, I noticed that I took a really deep breath and exhale almost releaved that I had just made it through that corner as quickly as I did.

Last edited:
Uhg. The morning after is tough. Why did I pick such a physical sport. Anyone reading this while sitting comfortably in their game racing chair who is thinking about racing for real, take note. I equate this to maybe doing three full, solid days of yard work, then driving a three hour tow home. It's tough. Anyone with hopes of making it to GT Academy and if you struggle to just get in and out of your gaming chair, start working out now. I am in decent shape for a guy in my 40's, but this is tough. My fingers hurt just to type. I must have been gripping the wheel a bit hard during much of the Sunday race. I really hope that my video caught a couple of moments. I was in a tight battle with a couple of other cars and must not have been breathing. As I exited the keyhole onto the back straight, I noticed that I took a really deep breath and exhale almost revealed that I had just made it through that corner as quickly as I did.
I once heard a description of racing a closed cockpit car as being like putting on your winter warmers to replicate the nomex underwear/driving suit and riding an exercise bike in a dry sauna with the thermostat set to 55 degrees Celsius.
My only comparisons to this are rides as a passenger in race cars, doing an oval course that included 3 x 15 minute sessions, or days of go-karting where on-track periods ranged from 15-30 minutes at a time.
Whenever I hear someone say motorsport isn't a physical sport, my response is usually something along the lines of "Pfft! Have you ever tried it?"

Chevrolet Corvette Zo6 (C6) LM Race Car '06
600 PP, 579 hp, 1100 kg
Weight Distribution 51:49

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

Tuning & Maintenance
Rims: Standard
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust

Tune Game Version 1.15
Ride Height 90/90
Springs 15.25/15.00
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars 4/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.05/0.15
Brake balance 6/4
LSD 12/11/18
Power Level 88.4%
Downforce 350/450
Ballast 10 kg
Ballast Position 0

Transmission V 1.15
Final Gear to 4.500
Max Speed to 137 (never touch again)
1st gear 3.800
2nd gear 2.600
3rd gear 1.955
4th gear 1.575
5th gear 1.320
6th gear 1.150
Final gear 3.000 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)
Great Tune! The car drives very well, a little oversteer when you brake hard but managable: it's like on rails!

Suspension removed and awaiting the new parts order arriving Friday. :) Arms, neck and back muscles are telling me that it is time to go to bed. Race prep is a physical activity.

20536136941_4c5937b797_z.jpg

20341662430_e5bd8979e2_z.jpg
Two things spring to mind.
1. I hope there wasn't anything that turned you white with fear after disassembling the suspension. I've heard of & read too many stories of guys that have continued racing, heard all the noises, creaks & groans whilst doing so only to be shocked to the core when they finally lay eyes in what part was making all the complaints :scared:
2. Would be nice if it was possible to send Mr.Desperate the invoice :rolleyes: :grumpy:

Two things spring to mind.
1. I hope there wasn't anything that turned you white with fear after disassembling the suspension. I've heard of & read too many stories of guys that have continued racing, heard all the noises, creaks & groans whilst doing so only to be shocked to the core when they finally lay eyes in what part was making all the complaints :scared:
2. Would be nice if it was possible to send Mr.Desperate the invoice :rolleyes: :grumpy:

Nothing that frightened me. It was all held together pretty well. The right rear just had some bind to it.

The hard part about bent suspensions is finding which part is bent. There aren't many measuring tools to check these parts. I decided to just replace the whole rear setup. The suspension bushings were 21 years old anyway and whose to say how straight the parts are after that much time, one street accident a previous owner and four seasons of racing, curb hopping, wheel scraping racing by me.

I love suspension work, so this is totally fun for me. An excuse to upgrade the car. I would not have done this mid-season had I not been hammered by Mr. Desperation.

Nothing that frightened me. It was all held together pretty well. The right rear just had some bind to it.

The hard part about bent suspensions is finding which part is bent. There aren't many measuring tools to check these parts. I decided to just replace the whole rear setup. The suspension bushings were 21 years old anyway and whose to say how straight the parts are after that much time, one street accident a previous owner and four seasons of racing, curb hopping, wheel scraping racing by me.

I love suspension work, so this is totally fun for me. An excuse to upgrade the car. I would not have done this mid-season had I not been hammered by Mr. Desperation.
I see improved handling in your future then :) 👍

I just had a quick read of the Spec Miata regs on suspension to see exactly what you got. Correct me if I'm wrong but all items are Miata OE production parts, correct?

I am in the Mazda racer development program. I can order parts directly from Mazda performance and get a discount on parts. There are a handful of performance parts approved for Spec Miata, some available through Mazda and some through aftermarket vendors. The white suspension bushings for the front are obviously aftermarket.

Grrrr! Not all of my parts showed up today as promised. Mazda delivered. My super optimized racing hubs from an aftermarket shop didn't make it. I wanted to have this car assembled and scaled by Sunday night.

Getting there, but not all parts here yet. I have to finish the suspension, get wheels on it, do ride heights, alignments, scales and get loaded up by Friday morning. Got some work to do.

20464666720_201469496e_z.jpg
Looks like it's coming together nicely 👍
Where's the next event?

Hi Hami, hi everybody:

I'm new here in GTPlanet, new in GT6 and a rookie in car' settings. I've started to read your thread this week and I'm amazing, congratulations for your great job and thank you for share it with all guys who read your lines.

I'v read in your firsts pages (Dec, 2013) that you were writting an overall tuning guide for GT6. I read on the following pages several references about it, but I never saw a link. I don't know if it's possible to access to it, or it is private. I would like to learn and I don't know where to find good texts.

Thank you very much for your time, your tunes and all the information you share.

Excuse me my poor English.

Best regards,
Henry

Back