Motor City Tunes

damn man your garage is a tricky one. I really want to test out some of your tunes and you have a fair amount of them too, but there all in PDF. I like many others view this site threw the app and its so much more work having to download them on my phone, open them in another app, than zoom in a million times to read them. Would you ever consider making them direct in forum and linking them to first page like all the others. It would just be copy and paste mainly because you already have it all typed up.

Just finished a Nissan GT-R '07 tune. What should I tune next? What is there a shortage of... which cars does noone tune? Hmmm. Where's Adrenaline's list?

I've been thinking about doing some old vs. new comparisons. How much to build. Which one is faster. '91 Honda CRX vs the '10 CR-V. Stuff like that.

Last edited:
Hello Hami,

I bought many (colors) of Honda Prelude '92 Vtec (standard car), as I have experience driving the real deal for several years.
would you consider tuning this one?

thank you

Hello Hami,

I bought many (colors) of Honda Prelude '92 Vtec (standard car), as I have experience driving the real deal for several years.
would you consider tuning this one?

thank you

I will keep my eyes open for one to show up in the Used Car Dealership. Or you could send a friend request on PS3, send me a car to tune and I could send it back when I'm done.

Ive started reading your introduction sections and learn from them,while doing what you say.I let you know how i go but im no stig,just PIG

You said you were looking for cars to tune.The GTG Trans cammer,Bought my third 1 last night,Flip flop yellow maybe not the best color.Mean interior.I can send one.cheers

Ive started reading your introduction sections and learn from them,while doing what you say.I let you know how i go but im no stig,just PIG

I am currently re-writing the intro section of this thread to make things cleaner.

Three sections.
1.) Basic tunes by driveline for the non tuner. Slap on a quick tune and go drive.
2.) Beginning tuning for those who want to customize things a little.
3.) Advanced tuning laying out the method that I use to fine tune a car for every ounce of speed. This section will include advice on how to tweak my tunes (or anyone else's for that matter) to match your driving style.

I am currently re-writing the intro section of this thread to make things cleaner.

Three sections.
1.) Basic tunes by driveline for the non tuner. Slap on a quick tune and go drive.
2.) Beginning tuning for those who want to customize things a little.
3.) Advanced tuning laying out the method that I use to fine tune a car for every ounce of speed. This section will include advice on how to tweak my tunes (or anyone else's for that matter) to match your driving style.

Hey Motor City, I've been using your basic tunes by drivetrain for basically all my cars... I really think they work well!!! I reacently discovered how good the RUF RGT is compared to the other RUF's (you can actually keep this one on the road) :) ... It's really good right out of the gate, but having some trouble tweaking suspension.... Anyway, when you "re-write" the intro section, would you mind adding a basic "RR" setup to your drivetrain setup section this time, i noticed you left it out on the current intro??? Hope that's a cool request.
Thanks man! appreciate it.
Greenhill.

Do u have a mustang svt cobra R?

In GT5? I think I have one in the garage, but havent' tuned it yet. When I tune a new car, I look to start with a tune from a car that I believe will be similar. I'd probably start with my newer Mustang tunes and fine tune from there.

I must say, I've only used two of your tunes so far, the Super GT GT-R, and the Ford GT. Even though my Ford GT is maxed out (and I altered the ride height and spring rate a little) I handles like a dream, even on the sports tires! The GT-R also works fine on the hard slicks, very nice!

I've been messing around with tuning for a while now, and can feel a improvement in handling when I do, but this is the first GT where I've actually done that, so I'm really a noob. I think I'll learn a LOT from your guides, thanks for putting them up here! Bookmarked!

Hello Keith, just read almost everything you've written in the forum, your guides are excellent and it matches up with my driving skills quite nicely. I just want to say Thank you and appreciate all the effort you made. Keep it up!

Hello Keith, just read almost everything you've written in the forum, your guides are excellent and it matches up with my driving skills quite nicely. I just want to say Thank you and appreciate all the effort you made. Keep it up!

Thank you. Appreciate the kind words.

Advanced Tuning Guide now posted in post #3 of this thread.

This has to be the best tuning guide for anyone starting out or wanting to learn all they can about tuning and i recommend anyone wanting to learn to use this method. Hami really knows what he's talking about and has the real world experience to back it up.

Great job on your tuning guide. I just found this and it's going to come in handy. I was wondering if you ever released your viper tuning guide? I have an srt10 and I'm having a boat load of trouble tuning it. Thanks

I am using your guides, and they are working out great! I know it's been said in here before, but you made one of the most difficult tuning aspects in the game (to me) the most understandable. One of the problems I'm having with my viper srt10 is that when i cut the wheels with my controller, it limits the throttle until i start straightening out. is there any way to fix this?

Hi Motor City Hami,
I’ve had a play with your GT5 Advanced Tuning guide, here’s what I found. Feel free to question my testing environment, method and even driving style, I promise I won’t be offended! To me, understanding is more important than ego.

I’m running GT5 v1.10 and drive using DS3 with steering sensitivity 0. The car was an Audi TT, stock except for suspension, LSD, DCCD and sports hard tyres. Initial settings were the defaults. I used my private lounge at Cape Ring Inside track. Settings were no tyre and fuel wear, grip reduction real, aids off, ABS 1.

LSD
Avoiding the very strong temptation to stiffen the springs (argh!! it’s like a boat!!), I came up with the following LSD settings:
LSD initial 8 / 8
LSD accel 10 / 14
LSD brake 5 /5
For this TT, the LSD settings had a smaller effect than I’ve seen on some other cars. Personally I think this is due to it being 4WD, low power and low grip tyres. Lap time was 59.3.

DCCD
Default settings was 60 / 40, I felt like a bit less exit understeer would help, so
VCD 70 / 30
But this caused the rear to slide out of the 1st hairpin, which was fixed with revised LSD settings:
LSD initial 8 / 12
LSD accel 10 / 12
LSD brake 5 / 5
Lap time improved to 59.0.

Anti-roll
Finally, I can reduce the body movement. Phew! Default settings were 3 / 3, so I tried:
Anti-roll 5 / 5
I liked this a lot better, but when the lap time flashed up, it said that the car didn’t: 59.3. Maybe the softer settings allowed the car to “dig in” to the road better for more grip. But I was still looking for some more stiffness than 3 / 3 and also a bit less understeer, so I tried
Anti-roll 4 / 5
This felt like less understeer, and the lap time improved to 58.9. To check whether a stiff front would increase understeer, I then tried
Anti-roll 5 / 4.
Now things get murky... I couldn’t feel a difference. Balance and lap times were both the same as 4 / 5. And even at 4 / 5 I felt that any more understeer would mean slower laps, so the stiffer front wasn't increasing understeer. To make sure, I cranked it up to
Anti-roll 6 / 3
...expecting lots of understeer. But there was less understeer! Huh?! With all previous settings, I had to lift during the uphill sweeper otherwise I would run wide. But with the much stiffer front, I was now taking it flat. Lap time 58.7.

Springs and Dampers
Still looking for a bit less body movement, I tried
Springs 10.5 / 7.5
Damper ext 7 / 5
Damper comp 5 / 3
This felt great. But the stopwatch disagreed again... lap time 59.3. So I tried softening things a bit:
Springs 8.7 / 6.3
Damper ext 6 / 4
Damper comp 4 / 2
Like the stiffer settings, this also had less grip overall. More understeer also crept in, and I suspect braking distances were a bit longer. Lap time 59.4
So I returned to the default spring and damper settings from then on.

Ride Height
Ride height -12 / -12
Both my thumbs and the stopwatch found this made no difference compared with the default of 0 / 0

Epilogue
Please don’t think I’m criticising your method, MCH, these are just my observations. Also they are only for one car at one track. Hope the feedback is somehow useful.

Cheers,
Simon

Back