Motorcycles in GT6 or future GT titles.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottishRacer
  • 122 comments
  • 7,999 views

Bikes in GT


  • Total voters
    248
Messages
34
Scotland
Port Glasgow
Messages
James2281
Anyone think it would be good to have them back from Tourist Trophy? Would be great to be on Nurburgring with cars and bikes {Just like real life}.

What's your opinions on this. Yes or No?
 
TT is still my favorite game by PD, but I think a sequel would further drain PD's limited resources, when they are already having trouble releasing decent games.
 
Why would PD incorporate Motorcycles into GT, when they can just come out with another Tourist Trophy and make much more profit off of a full game, rather than DLC, or giving them to us for free entirely.
 
Why would PD incorporate Motorcycles into GT, when they can just come out with another Tourist Trophy and make much more profit off of a full game, rather than DLC, or giving them to us for free entirely.

Because many people like both cars and bikes like myself. Would make it much easier to have both in one game rather than driving a car then switching disks to just drive a bike on the same track.
 
Because many people like both cars and bikes like myself. Would make it much easier to have both in one game rather than driving a car then switching disks to just drive a bike on the same track.

Yes, it would be easier, but not profitable for PD. A full Turist Trophy game would be profitable. Hence why you won't see bikes added into GT, ever. Remeber, it isn't about what you want. It's about $$$ for PD.
 
at least they all had onboard 'interior' views :)

I suppose. Even if they were just ported over, they'll be in the semi-premium band! (Although some may complain about a dated selection of bikes :p)
 
Yes, it would be easier, but not profitable for PD. A full Turist Trophy game would be profitable. Hence why you won't see bikes added into GT, ever. Remeber, it isn't about what you want. It's about $$$ for PD.

I know that but it's just an idea and you never know, might encourage more people to play GT if it had bikes added in.
 
I know that but it's just an idea and you never know, might encourage more people to play GT if it had bikes added in.

It probably would, but i'm sure there are too many conflicting issues for PD not to do it.. I wouldn't mind bikes, i've just came to the realization that it probably won't happen.

Considering Suzuki and Honda are in the game a bike from either of them would be cool. But i'm definitely not getting my hopes up.
 
It probably would, but i'm sure there are too many conflicting issues for PD not to do it.. I wouldn't mind bikes, i've just came to the realization that it probably won't happen.

Considering Suzuki and Honda are in the game a bike from either of them would be cool. But i'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

Neither am I, It's a pipe dream. But a dream none the less.
 
I don't want to see bikes in GT. Actually if PD would include them it would be a sign that the series is dying as the inclusion would mean a desperate attempt to increase the target group.
 
It's a car game. You want bikes, buy a bike game.
What if I want cars and bikes?

Hence why you won't see bikes added into GT, ever.
You seem overly confident about that considering that they've done it before...
 
Why does this keep coming up? PD have got enough to do to get cars right, the last thing they need is another distraction

This, I would seriously have to agree with!
 
You seem overly confident about that considering that they've done it before...
Wrong. They haven't added bikes in a GT game. They made a bike game using the GT4 engine.
According to VGchartz, TT sold ~680k units. That's not really much, especially with the background of GT4. I guess a new TT wouldn't give them anything at all. The people wanting that are the minority.
If Sony really wanted to do a new TT, they could just use the GT engine and make it on their own. Since PD is so close to Sony it wouldn't be a big deal to be able to do it. But it doesn't bother them because there are no masses of people wanting it.
 
I'm getting tired of this reposted thread... For the last time, Gran Turismo is "The Real DRIVING Simulator" not the real riding simulator like in Tourist Trophy. PD has mentioned that the only reason they haven't made a new TT game is because GT is very time consuming, but a new TT might still happen.
 
I want a winning lottery ticket and a 19 year old model in my bed, aint gonna happen pal - keep wishing!!!!!
I want extra content, and you want to win the lottery. I guess my argument is invalid.

Wrong. They haven't added bikes in a GT game.

Lose the attitude grumpy cat.
Gran-Turismo-5-screenshot4.jpg
 
I want extra content, and you want to win the lottery. I guess my argument is invalid.



Lose the attitude grumpy cat.
Gran-Turismo-5-screenshot4.jpg

It was never releaased like that ;)
"Final" version of GTHD did not contain bikes.
 
Last edited:
My bad, I didn't know you meant release versions only.
 
Back