Motorcycles in GT6 or future GT titles.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottishRacer
  • 122 comments
  • 7,999 views

Bikes in GT


  • Total voters
    248
I'm getting tired of this reposted thread... For the last time, Gran Turismo is "The Real DRIVING Simulator" not the real riding simulator like in Tourist Trophy. PD has mentioned that the only reason they haven't made a new TT game is because GT is very time consuming, but a new TT might still happen.
I agree, besides Bikes and Cars should never race against each other in any game professing to be remotely realistic.. It doesn't happen in real life for good reason.
 
No.
 
I agree, besides Bikes and Cars should never race against each other in any game professing to be remotely realistic.. It doesn't happen in real life for good reason.
Yeah, if they let bikes race cars, next thing you'll see is a 60's corvette racing LMP cars! CRaZy!






You guys are fine with three-wheeled vehicles in GT but if somebody mentions two-wheelers you get really upset, and even hostile. Control your emotions.
 
Last edited:
Maybe if you go on Nurburgring you will see bikes and cars going round at the same time..

That's a public road that you pay a fee to drive on, not the same as racing!!
 
I agree, besides Bikes and Cars should never race against each other in any game professing to be remotely realistic.. It doesn't happen in real life for good reason.

You, sir, have apparently not been to a local dragstrip in the last 5 years. I have raced cars multiple times. It does not happen on ROAD courses.

BTW, this is a GAME, folks.
 
You, sir, have apparently not been to a local dragstrip in the last 5 years. I have raced cars multiple times. It does not happen on ROAD courses.

BTW, this is a GAME, folks.
Show me the dragstrip in GT6? And yes, this is a game, a game about cars :). If I want to race bikes I'll buy a game about bikes. Tell you what though why don't we throw lawn mowers in the mix too and horses and maybe a spot of camel racing for good measure, after it's just a game.

I think people are looking for simulations to get more realistic though, not less so maybe we should leave all that stuff out instead.
 
Show me the dragstrip in GT6? And yes, this is a game, a game about cars :). If I want to race bikes I'll buy a game about bikes. Tell you what though why don't we throw lawn mowers in the mix too and horses and maybe a spot of camel racing for good measure, after it's just a game.

I think people are looking for simulations to get more realistic though, not less so maybe we should leave all that stuff out instead.

I've heard camel physics are really complex, best PD stick with cars for now :)
 
If this has not already been said PD already has a motorcycle game its called Tourist Trophy
 
That's a public road that you pay a fee to drive on, not the same as racing!!

Exactly, the vehicles don't have to be equal performance. In an actual race on a road course it would be pointless if they weren't achieving similar times, and that brings up the issue of bikes rocketing away down the straights and the cars catching up through the corners. That makes it too easy for cheaters to ram people off their bikes.

This thread didn't really make sense the first half a dozen times... nothing has changed since.
 
I want them. If TT 2 had a chance that would be preferred but will probably never happen. So add them, make them DLC and keep any online mode segregated(play cars and bikes to your hearts content offline).
 
Edit: That would work, most people seem to want cars against bikes though. That's a terrible idea unless everybody involved is a professional driver/rider.

If they can put go-karts in, there's no reason bikes can't be in too.

They don't race against vehicles with vastly differing performance levels, only each other.
 
If PD can create a longer track, much like the Goodwill climb, (Narrow sector as you cross that finish line, with trees) , that would make for a wicked awesome motocross / Can-AM / enduro track. I would love that in GT6, as a DLC.
 
I personally would find it interesting if they were included. I'd also like to see more trucks included as well (like more racing or rally trucks). They could probably put Craftsman Trucks in to complement Nascar. Bikes would have to be restricted to a special event I'd think though like Formula One cars should be. Maybe include a special seasonal for Go Karts, Formula One, Bikes, etc. every now and then so people have reason to own them.
 
Are you serious? Karts are the starting point of most race car driver's career. So there is a logical relationship between race cars and karts. Bikes however don't fit anywhere into GT.

To say they dont fit anywhere into GT is a bit much as motorcycles are part of the motorsport culture. True GT is more about car culture but Motorcycles wouldn't be completely alien for being included. Events are held on many of the same tracks and held to similar rules and standards. While I and many would rather see TT 2, that in all likely hood will never happen. DLC would be the way to go so only the interested would pay for the content.
 
Tourist Trophy 2 would be good, or bikes in GT, whatever, either way it would be great.
 
I think it's a good idea, as long as they can't race against cars. We can't make a "Karts vs Volkswagen Bus vs Ferrari F1" events for a reason, after all. It would feel too arcadey and amateur, not to mention silly.

I don't like bikes at all, but with PD's Midas touch and the "vehicle museum" feeling within their games, and the historical mentions and their importance, I think I could learn to appreciate bikes a lot more, at least virtually.

I personally would find it interesting if they were included. I'd also like to see more trucks included as well (like more racing or rally trucks). They could probably put Craftsman Trucks in to complement Nascar. Bikes would have to be restricted to a special event I'd think though like Formula One cars should be. Maybe include a special seasonal for Go Karts, Formula One, Bikes, etc. every now and then so people have reason to own them.

Agreed, I want more Pick-ups/Trucks in GT (like the Tacoma X-Runner), they are cool and beautiful, and Cargo Trucks (just the cabins, of course). Also the professional Super Truck series, those are heavy and fast. XD It would rock.

I think Toyota in particular has a lot of beautiful Trucks that are not yet featured in the game, which is a shame.

I would love if GT had both vintage and modern F1 cars (and not **just** Ferrari), but, that's a licensing issue, unfortunately.

In comparison, though, it already has a lot of vehicles for just a few tracks. I hope they rectify this department soon.
 
Last edited:
I really don't get why they don't just make it an expansion pack for the existing games.

Amar posted on neogaf recently that the original game was built by just a handful of people (IIRC fewer than five) in their spare time. I think he mentioned a few of them are still working at PD.

For the sales of 400,000 expansions + copies of GT6 surely it's worth the investment? Please Polyphony, even if it's separate from the cars, make this expansion it will sell.
 
Personally, I have no interest in bikes, but if people want them and PD see fit to add them as DLC, then I see no problem with that, as they would almost definitely be kept separate from the cars. That way, if you don't want the bikes, you don't buy the DLC, and you don't see them.
 
Wait wait wait..... bikes are strange in GT.... but moon buggies are not? Plus; Kaz has openly stated he has a big passion for bikes and would include them if it was possible in the concept of GT, but it wasn't, hence they made TT.
 
I vote no simply because I want a full fledged Tourist Trophy sequel. I really enjoyed Tourist Trophy and I'd go nuts for a second one. GT has it's hands full doing things correctly with cars so it would be awesome to have a separate team working on & releasing a TT game in between GT releases!
 
Wait wait wait..... bikes are strange in GT.... but moon buggies are not? Plus; Kaz has openly stated he has a big passion for bikes and would include them if it was possible in the concept of GT, but it wasn't, hence they made TT.
I don't think many people on here don't think the moon buggy idea is strange but at least it's still a car. The only way bikes in GT would work is if they we're kept separate in the career mode (like the go karts) but if you do that then why bother and not just release TT2? GT is about cars, not bikes, bikes and cars may both be powered by engines and have wheels but greyhounds and horses both have legs.
 
Back