Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
Abu Dhabi GP2 pit lane banter.
IMG_20151128_153853.jpg

edit some marshalling fail from said incident.

Last edited:
:lol:

Not only did I actually live to see KFC on a car in a european Open Wheel Series, but a saw a Marshall fail hard. Can't wait to watch that tomorrow on NBCSN (No spoilers PLS).

:lol:

Not only did I actually live to see KFC on a car in a european Open Wheel Series, but a saw a Marshall fail hard. Can't wait to watch that tomorrow on NBCSN (No spoilers PLS).
All the Euro F3 cars have KFC on their rear wings

Pierre Ghastly ruins Abu Dhabi for everyone:

That is some appalling driving. Letting the car roll off-track was questionable but definitely the driver's call - who'd want to be sitting broadside with a third of the field still to come through? Being off-track and still letting it roll backwards towards the racing line... shamone.

In situations like that surely stopping ASAP is the safest thing to do, at least then you're a predictable obstruction and provided the others have seen you, know what they need to do to avoid you. Letting the car continue to roll around across the track just panics the other drivers, as you saw there, not knowing the best way to try and avoid him.

I guess my thinking that Jordan Taylor being a racing driver with a sense of humor just wasn't right. Of course, the thread title does have "racing funnies" in it but whatever.

From dogs to gods, now that is I call a swift transistion. Give proper drivers the right tools (what racing series is the one where Jan and sir Lind are racing in, may I ask?), and you'll get one heck of a two-car battle. This is why I love touring car-based racing, and why other racing series should follow its good examples. 👍

From dogs to gods, now that is I call a swift transistion. Give proper drivers the right tools (what racing series is the one where Jan and sir Lind are racing in, may I ask?), and you'll get one heck of a two-car battle. This is why I love touring car-based racing, and why other racing series should follow its good examples. 👍

STCC used to have a stock car series, guess this is some kind of support still going.

If it weren't for the massive rear wings id say it looks more like the V8 thunder car series from Sweden,

(what racing series is the one where Jan and sir Lind are racing in, may I ask?)

Danish Thundersport Championship. And I actually know that. Because I've seen them live.

It's basically NASCAR in the sense that the cars are identical bar the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger* body on top of it.

Oh and they're racing v8's in Denmark aka the country in which everyone within a 100 kilometer radius of a racetrack complains about whatever racing-related stuff they feel like that day.

(in case anyone wants to ask, the track in that video is called Ring Djursland)

*pretty sure the Challenger is still in there somewhere.

Thanks for the great insight, morten, as expected from a knowledgeable local such as yourself. So it's more of a Eurocar Series than a true touring car one, but still, it is very impressive to see such close and clean racing from cars that are usually driven in a far more agressive manner. It's a shame that Denmark is so stingy about having racing events held on its own grounds, but what can you do...

Clearly no ****s are given at that track and race series. I mean if you're going to extend the kerb to that ridiculous length, why not just widen the circuit itself?

Because then the track would be widen to the point where the barriers would be 0.1 millimetres away from the road surface itself. No safe zones would be had, and when drivers in Southern American racing series drive as agressively as they do, you do need those safe zones in case someone sent you for a spin...

Alonso would be proud of that track limit infrigement, though.

Last edited:
Back