Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
emoji game on point.
They, like almost every other person on the planet who uses emojis, have a face that is able to distort itself to convey a range of emojis, or "emotions". It's a new fangled thingummybob that might catch on with the younger generation.

The french V de V 4 hour race of Barcelona was started under SC because of torrential rain. It stayed out for over 3 hours before the race being red flagged. The safety car was even changed several times. What a race! :lol:

Japan, 1996

Jacques Villeneuve, David Coulthard and Mika Salo (not pictured) shaved their heads after Villeneuve won a bet against the other two that he would win more than one race in 1996.

dc_1.jpg

Kyalami showing that it’s got teeth.

From Race 1 of the Sasol GTC Championship in South Africa

Opening lap of Race 2. Note the white and blue
BMW that gets tagged...

Followed by this de-wheeling, bringing out the first Red Flag

This was the big one though, bringing out the 2nd Red Flag

The remaining 3 cars (in the premier class) restarted the race, but I’ll bet you can’t guess the finishing order :P

Kyalami showing that it’s got teeth.

From Race 1 of the Sasol GTC Championship in South Africa

Opening lap of Race 2. Note the white and blue
BMW that gets tagged...

Followed by this de-wheeling, bringing out the first Red Flag

This was the big one though, bringing out the 2nd Red Flag

The remaining 3 cars (in the premier class) restarted the race, but I’ll bet you can’t guess the finishing order :P

Who's the commentator in all that footage? Definitely an Aussie.

I've been searching for ages to hopefully find some fan cam footage of the accident on Youtube, but nothing so far. Holy Moly that's not quite what I expected!

The car was still rising when it went out of frame, nuts. Would’ve been good if the footage captured the rest of the accident.
Probably a good thing the car never landed in the greenery just the other side of the fence :scared:

Looking at the video again do you think the lack of downforce on the front of his car was to blame for this. I mean he was following a car up this part of the track so aero wash could play a role.

Latest Posts

Back