Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
How does this qualify for this thread?
Thread is called Motorsport OMG/WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, and Randomness

It’s a video of a racing legend making light of himself (and of critics who say he’s not ready) before his debut as a motorsport commentator. How does it not qualify for this thread?

Here’s one that has a lot less to do with racing....but since Rodney is 2x the motorsport legend that Dale is, I figure it’ll pass

Thinking about that incedent a little more....did the kid even lift??? How did the nose stay in the air that long? I would think a firm tap of the brake would bring it down....but I think he kept his foot in it the whole time.

Thinking about that incedent a little more....did the kid even lift??? How did the nose stay in the air that long? I would think a firm tap of the brake would bring it down....but I think he kept his foot in it the whole time.
The track goes downhill after that kerb, so it would naturally make it stay in the air for longer. Otherwise, he probably just kept flooring it to not lose time :lol:

The track goes downhill after that kerb, so it would naturally make it stay in the air for longer. Otherwise, he probably just kept flooring it to not lose time :lol:
Hmm, I suppose it’s funny because nothing happened. However if he would have crashed heavily, people would probably be crying for safer cars and safer circuits. Pretty irresponsible of the driver if he did in fact keep his foot in it the whole time. A Moral Driving Hazard for sure :P

Massive shunt in Pro Mazda at the Toronto Indy. Driver Harrison Scott has been released from the medical center with minor injuries, but has not yet been cleared to drive again.

This one certainly fits the OMG category since most thought it would never be acknowledged not to mention displayed. :eek:

About time, it wasn't exactly a secret with the pictures people had and even more so thanks to old brochures that featured it. Guess they figured what better time to do it then on their 70th anniversary, which is certainly one way to get it noticed.

Hopefully, they get generous enough to let us have it in various sims.

I don't remember who was driving the 991 Cup, but it's certainly not his brightest moment.

Well, looks like Mark Reuss is no longer the only one with a embarrassing crash that demands an explanation.

Back