Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
So the rider on the outside leaned hard into the rider on the inside. In fact he leaned so hard, he lost control of his bike and had to hold on to the inside rider's bike to keep from falling. The inside rider did his absolute best to bring his bike to a controlled stop, saving both of them from some nasty abrasions at best, broken bones at worst. And the thanks he gets is a punch? Is that what I'm seeing?

So the rider on the outside leaned hard into the rider on the inside...is that what I'm seeing?

I assume that outside guy felt that inside guy initiated contact by drifting across into him. The lean to the left was probably retaliatory.

I think @Barra333's right, the inside rider was drifting across so there was a "stay in your lane" retaliation from the outside rider that turned into one of the weirdest ride-shares I've ever seen.

The Caribbean Motor Racing Championships is the worst international motorsport series in the World. During a racing weekend, both cars (touring and GT) and sportbikes race on the same track. The tracks have obviously old tarmac combined with some of the worst run-off areas you can think of. I've literally seen run-off areas with ACTUAL BEACH SAND and grass taller than 30cm (a foot).

SOURCE = you can find the CMRC on Youtube, it's wonderfully awful.

The final 4 laps of the opening round of the 2019 NASCAR Mexico series were mindblowing, it reminded me of a RWD version of the late 90s BTCC. I think it was the best racing of 2019 so far and that includes the closest AMA Supercross finish of all time and the 2019 Daytona 200 sportbike race.

Start the video at 6:00 if the timecode does not work.

Even though Salvador "Copetín" de Alba #48 finished 1st, he was given a one-lap penalty because of his actions. The actual winner was Ruben García Jr #88, who came back from 44th (he got a flat earlier on) to win the whole thing. García Jr plans to run THIRTEEN different racing series in 2019 including a full NASCAR Mexico schedule plus also East, West and Europe.
Ruben Rovelo #28 drove a very brave race, going on 2 wheels many times and even giving the spectators some crazy 4-wheel slides. His tyres were absolutely toasted by the end of the race but his performance is still really cool to watch.

Last edited:
Tom Oliver (BSB, SSP class) had a bit of a scare so he took one of the biggest shortcuts ever in modern racing (the difference between Oulton Park GP and the Fosters version!). Later during the race, a similar scare but at a different corner ended up with Kurt Wrigley bailing out while his bike destroyed itself in spectacular fashion.

Tom Oliver (BSB, SSP class) had a bit of a scare so he took one of the biggest shortcuts ever in modern racing (the difference between Oulton Park GP and the Fosters version!). Later during the race, a similar scare but at a different corner ended up with Kurt Wrigley bailing out while his bike destroyed itself in spectacular fashion.

Wow, that bike crosses the track half a second earlier or later and someone was receiving a faceful of Yamaha. :scared:

I noticed it flapping before it went up. Should he not have been black and orange flagged or was it an extremely sudden thing?

As the actress said to the bishop.

2bT0ogUz_400x400.jpg

Also:

Last edited:
Big hit for the HTP Mercedes of Fabian Vettel in the dying stages of the ADAC GT Masters race on the weekend. The officials are very lucky that they didn't get hit by anything. :crazy:

Interesting how quickly the rear stepped out under braking when the hood blocked air to the wing. There was probably a huge jump in front down force at the same time as well.

Back