Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,353 comments
How come some of the cars are warming up their tires, while others seem to be approaching from behind at full speed?

Love any variation on "old grids with the current theme music".
My boy Rubinho qualified well as the first non-champion.

Last edited:
Cursed timeline:

The brief two year period of Marlboro McLaren-Mercedes gave us a horrible looking red Mercedes-Benz logo.

Screenshot_20211029-142143_Twitter.jpg

So unsettling.

Last edited:
Why couldn't it be on a white background like the other patches?
I have no idea. It's really unsettling seeing Mika Häkkinen in Marlboro clothing at all; I just can't disassociate him from the West overalls.

Yeah that was just silly driving. I'm very much on the side of getting rid of those kerbs when they're in a dangerous position, but those ones are there purely to stop driving rejoining too quickly and they all know they are there. Purposely gunning it over them and hoping for the best is not a good strategy.

Exhibit A for why you always obey yellow flags. No excuse for the latecomers steaming in here, one even once the red flags were out.

You are absolutely right, terrible driving from those gambling on ignoring a yellow flag and sailing past.

But Macau is a horrible track and should be abandoned. It's worse than Monaco.

I mean, losing a wheel nut at speed is never ideal but losing one around the top of Mt Panorama is never going to end well.

As hard as that hit was, hitting the wall straight on with the back of the car is pretty much a best-case scenario. Could have been a lot worse.
As the commentator said, the car also did a great job absorbing the energy by crumpling where it is designed to crumple. 20 years ago the car would have still stayed in shape but the driver would've taken more of the impact. Modern safety in Motorsport really is a marvel.

Last edited:
I didn't even realize until watching this crash that the ground level rises behind the wall, so there is absolutely no give by the barrier. Also great that there was no fire as we've seen in the past with such severe rear impacts.

Also great that there was no fire as we've seen in the past with such severe rear impacts.
Back in 2013 when that generation of car was introduced. One of the big features of it, was that the fuel tank was moved from the rear to just forward of the rear axle.

Back in 2013 when that generation of car was introduced. One of the big features of it, was that the fuel tank was moved from the rear to just forward of the rear axle.
I thought they'd make that change. I didn't know for sure. I haven't really followed the series since the Speedvision days.

Back