Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments

We should really have more off-season events like that nowadays. Just take all F1 drivers, put them in equal machinery at different levels, and just fight it out in races that don't count for any championship.
RoC fills part of that, but I'd rather see some proper full field races.

We should really have more off-season events like that nowadays. Just take all F1 drivers, put them in equal machinery at different levels, and just fight it out in races that don't count for any championship.
RoC fills part of that, but I'd rather see some proper full field races.
IROC but this time somehow include all racing disciplines.

Last edited:

Stupidity that easily could've ended two lives.

I thought at the ring they have Code 60 zones or is that just for the 24? Because some cars did somewhat slowdown however and particularly with the GT3 cars they just tried to Days of Thunder it and hope the best, which is not on. But still very stupid knowing the fact that one of our unsung hero marshall could’ve been killed.

1672733438202.jpeg

An absolute icon gone. I grew up with the Gymkhana vids and DiRT 3 being apart of my childhood. He could make a car dance like very few could. RIP.

Last edited:
Damn, that sucks. I suppose it's cliche to say that it sounds like he went out doing something he loved. I'd assume he took his snowmobiling in similar fashion to his other speed projects.

It does bring up an interesting issue though - if this was 10-15 years ago we'd know who Ken Block was, but it's unlikely we would have seen a bunch of in-depth YouTube videos with the guy, etc. While social media and YouTube have opened up so many industries/sports/endeavors...when some of these people die, the impact is going to be that much greater than just a famous name in the paper.

This... this cannot be real.

However I've seen a video (nearly said "stream") that suggests that it is...

:eek:

Saw that earlier (Via Tom Coronel's tweet) and I'm still trying to process that this actually happened.

No Motorcycle Road Racing in 2023 in Northern Ireland. The organising clubs cannot afford the sudden increase in public liability insurance.
Doesn't bode well for the future of the IOM TT. :guilty:

Without the N.I. road races there's no real road racing season. Few TT riders race in British Superbikes or the like, sponsors won't fork out for development for one race meeting a year, even if it is a flagship event.

The first chicane at the Hyderabad ePrix led to people bringing up the "chicane" at the Baku City Challenge circuit that preceded the current GP track. Here's a curated thread of some of the worst makeshift chicanes in Motorsport history.

The first chicane at the Hyderabad ePrix led to people bringing up the "chicane" at the Baku City Challenge circuit that preceded the current GP track. Here's a curated thread of some of the worst makeshift chicanes in Motorsport history.

That’s probably the worst chicane I’ve ever seen. That sort of style of chicane where cars are going flat out through it, is something you’d see in a video game where there are no consequences.

Insane way to end the IMSA 12 Hours of Sebring

With around 18 minutes left, the leading Porsche gets into some traffic, allowing the second place Acura to catch up. The Porsche defends and accidentally puts the Acura into the grass. The result takes out both Porsches and allows the Cadillac to inherit the win

Back