Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
What the... I'm well aware marshals and the safety crews are usually volunteers, but no one noticed an ambulance was crossing a live track?

Beyond The Grid Interview - Paul Stoddart

A brilliant listen, well worth going onto YouTube for.

Last edited:
I remember using this car way back in the day in Forza Motorsport, I had no idea it was this bad irl.

Yeah me too, but this is what happens when a manufacturer doesn’t give it it’s all. I know in the video it wasn’t clear whether Jaguar actually invested into the program or not, but I’d say by it’s results that they didn’t.

Yeah, pretty lucky it happened during testing and not a race weekend. Zhou's crash at Silverstone was only a slightly more dug-in roll hoop or wheel hub from being a tragedy.

I was discussing those photos at lunch with a couple of workmates and they wouldn't believe that to be possible - that the seats were too far away from the track for that to be possible, so it had to be photoshopped.

I asked them "have you taken a good look at that huge, yellow sausage sitting at the apex of that corner, that will send a car flying easily", but they wouldn't have it.

Still not sure if it was because of the sausage, but at least there's a video now.

Last edited:
1681501288664.png

From this pic, it looks like it was already out of control, got some air in the gravel, and hit the tires, launching it up

***During one of the support series practice sessions, a Porsche crashed at Turn 1 and cleared the barriers, ending up in a spectator seating area. In a statement provided to Sportscar365, the FIA said that it is “currently in the process of gathering information” and that “a review by the FIA Circuits Commission will follow.”

***The statement also confirmed that the grandstand where the car landed will be closed until further notice, as the FIA conducts analysis with circuit staff and event organizers. The driver Alex Areia later posted on social media that his car “ran out of brakes” at the end of the main straight, and that “luckily” no spectators were in the stand when he breached the barriers.

For reference, this was the sausage I thought might have been the culprit:

GYeixxE.jpeg

This is at turn one, after the main straight / downhill section.

But yes, apparently, it had nothing to do with it.

Oh for 🤬 sake. Don't tell me rally is going to go the same way as football as well? Hadjuk vs Dinamo except in the forest.

Don't know if this has been shared before, but quite an interesting look into how the extraction team will work on a car in Formula E that has failed to shut off electricity.

You know, I was fine just with the impromptu "Fun time" during one of the rallies. It was as bonkers as it was random (More out of nowhere then an RKO), but at least it wasn't directly in the path of an oncoming car.

A 3rd person confirmed this to me: At '19 Indy 500 Alonso who struggled with his car setup asked his team to buy the settings from Andretti for $2M. Alo said the car was literally undrivable and failed to qualify 31/36. Turned out the numbers were in inch and they used the them in cm

Last edited:

After his crash in practice earlier in the week, the team was delayed in getting the spare chassis setup because it was the wrong shade of orange and was getting repainted.

Last edited:
Back