Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
He looks down at about a minute in. No prizes for guessing his thoughts...

I was at the track when hat happened, scary moment indeed, shame the video doesn't show him leaping off the still moving bike. The crowd, including myself there were on our feet. Scary accident.

Well, at least it didn't force a LMP to cras... wait, that joke came too soon. :lol:

Seriously, how many 458 GT3s have been destroyed already? That was the true reason why Luca di Montezolo left Ferrari, not because of the F1 results, but because the company was allowing people named Vladimir to get their hands on a 458 GT3...

Last edited:
That wreck happened in a series called "Forza Challenge Club Racing". Never heard of it, but I guess it was a support series for Pirelli World Challenge this past weekend.

More from the Ferrari crash at Road America.

I can't decide who to put the blame on. The black one, the red one or both?

Black car. He pulls over to block way too late and that's what triggers the incident.

I'm not sure... cars would naturally cross to the left there on the gentle left-hander, I think that neither car telegraphed their intentions too well.

And isn't that video hard to watch? That's what happened if motorsport directors get ADHD I guess :D

^ They would gently move left IF there wasn't a car alongside. The black car knew he was there and left a cars width for the move, but then closed it once red was alongside.

Looks like an entirely different crash from blue, difficult to make out the first contact so it seems red tried a PIT maneuver!

Racing incident. Two cars in close proximity, and the racing line just dictated that they both ended up going for the same piece of real estate. Avoidable, but a racing incident.

Back