Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,362 comments
In all seriousness. I think we can all agree with this one. But what happened at Brands Hatch on the weekend was simply awful. And I think that we all send our best wishes to the family of that marshal who sadly is no longer with us. If you haven't already I recommend watching Jimmy Broadbent's video.

Marshal's are the one's that allow motorsport to happen. They are the ones that sacrifice their lives to help drivers when they are in trouble. They don't do it for the little they get, which is a discussion for another day. But they do it for the love of motor racing.

R.I.P

MotoGP at RBR went well

Both riders ok
Edit: Initial reports that both riders are ok were false. Savadori has broken his ankle.

Last edited:
E8TOfkkXEAIU5NL.jpg

This car won the race 76 laps later.

I can do it forwards no problem but backwards is a lot harder. I got some of them the wrong way round just due to how the sequences are stored in my memory.

I got all the way to 1983 before making a mistake. Seb's memory is just incredible.

I could only get to 85 before things got foggy. I'm fully convinced Sebastian is just a sentient encyclopedia.

The temporary kerbing on the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway started coming apart close to the finish of the NASCAR Cup series race.

The temporary kerbing on the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway started coming apart close to the finish of the NASCAR Cup series race.

So they removed the long flattish curb that was coming apart, but then left the big sausage curb to the right in place. Then this happened.

Last edited:
Legitimately one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen. I can only hope Räikkönen had already been told over the radio that the engine failure BAR was pulled over off the racing line.

Last edited:
The finish of the Le Mans 24 Hour yesterday (contains spoilers):

As the Toyotas cross the line in formation, the LMP2 battle is nowhere near resolved... nearly to the flagman's cost.

Roo
The finish of the Le Mans 24 Hour yesterday (contains spoilers):

As the Toyotas cross the line in formation, the LMP2 battle is nowhere near resolved... nearly to the flagman's cost.

You would have hoped that they would recognise there is a battle for position and tell the chap with the flag to stay off the track.

Legitimately one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen. I can only hope Räikkönen had already been told over the radio that the engine failure BAR was pulled over off the racing line.

He had, he was interviewed about it a couple of years ago and the team indeed had told him that the left side was wide open.

Thankfully no one got hurt.
Unfortunately that will just fire-up the discussions about Eau Rouge and possible changes to it in the future.

The corner doesn't need changing, it's just the barrier on the left at the top of the hill. It sounds like they're moving it back which is good. They don't need to stop big crashes happening there, they just need to make sure that the car doesn't bounce back into the firing line on a flat-out blind crest.

The corner doesn't need changing, it's just the barrier on the left at the top of the hill. It sounds like they're moving it back which is good. They don't need to stop big crashes happening there, they just need to make sure that the car doesn't bounce back into the firing line on a flat-out blind crest.
https://www.fimewc.com/first-phase-of-work-at-spa-francorchamps-gets-underway/ (October 2020)

The first step will be to revamp the track, with run-off areas being enlarged and gravel traps installed at five corners: La Source, Raidillon, Blanchimont, Les Combes and Stavelot.
Their 3D render video doesn't show what they plan on doing exactly though, but they need to get it certified for the motorbike 24h in 2022.

Back