Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
When it's wet like that, any wall is reachable
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

A really, really fascinating video. It's 13 minutes long but it's better to watch it muted on x0.5 speed so if you've got half an hour...

That looked like a pretty smooth dismount from the car, but that's a worrying sight nonetheless.

Very nasty DTM crash, basically two different incidents. Everyone reported OK but probably some minor injuries.

The engine was ripped clean off the back of the Porsche and it hit Cassidy's car. All very lucky.

Not really. The yellow car hit a tyre barrier rather than Liuzzi'ing through the apex and hitting loads of cars at speed. Just look at the Paffett and Rockefeller crash at Norisring a few years ago as to why that's worse.

A tyre barrier pinging the Porsche back into the pack isn't exactly ideal (see Eau Rouge redesign), but there aren't many other options for that kind of corner. You have to choose between completely blocking off the inside or completely nothing, and this is likely the better option.

Not really. The yellow car hit a tyre barrier rather than Liuzzi'ing through the apex and hitting loads of cars at speed. Just look at the Paffett and Rockefeller crash at Norisring a few years ago as to why that's worse.
Yep, or A1 Ring/Red Bull Ring T3 incidents over the years. Without a barrier you're inviting nasty T-bones.

Since they switched to the GT3+ cars the driving standard in the DTM has been just embarrassing.
And you could argue that the pool of driving talent in the series is better than it was before they went to GT3. There's been few shockers in that serious in the past two seasons. When it comes Tin Top racing we struggle to find the balance between hard racing or it becoming like dodgem cars.

Huge accident in the Porsche GB Cup at Brands Hatch this morning, no injuries, everyone OK, remarkably.
20221009_111037.jpg

Last edited:
Skippy's cousin deciding to get an up close and personal view of the MotoGP action.

Last edited:
Since the race just ended, I’ll put the results in the spoiler tab, but some context is needed for what went down here.

A lot of complicated NASCAR Championship format things but the short version, Ross Chastain had to beat Denny Hamlin in the race to be eligible to race for the championship in next weekends season finale if Christopher Bell won. On the final lap, Chastain was 5 places behind Hamlin. So in the final corner, in a move a pure desperation, stuck the car in high gear, kept it pinned, and rode the wall all the way thru 3 & 4. And he came off the corner side by side with Hamlin and beat him to the line.

Last edited:
Since the race just ended, I’ll put the results in the spoiler tab, but some context is needed for what went down here.

A lot of complicated NASCAR Championship format things but the short version, Ross Chastain had to beat Denny Hamlin in the race to be eligible to race for the championship in next weekends season finale if Christofer Bell won. On the final lap, Chastain was about 5 or 6 places behind Hamlin. So in the final corner, in a move a pure desperation, stuck the car in high gear, kept it pinned, and rode the wall all the way thru 3 & 4. And he came off the corner side by side with Hamlin and beat him to the line.

Honestly probably the greatest overtake in NASCAR history

But when players do that in an official Gran Turismo World Series Online round, PD zeroes the results as invalid. Tch!
Also your car goes on a limiter and you ghost.

I do not think we will ever see that move again because I don't think anyone will be able to try that move again.

A lot of complicated NASCAR Championship format things but the short version, Ross Chastain had to beat Denny Hamlin in the race to be eligible to race for the championship in next weekends season finale if Christofer Bell won. On the final lap, Chastain was about 5 or 6 places behind Hamlin. So in the final corner, in a move a pure desperation, stuck the car in high gear, kept it pinned, and rode the wall all the way thru 3 & 4. And he came off the corner side by side with Hamlin and beat him to the line.

I still can’t believe this actually happened. Full credit to Chastain for trying something to get his team into the championship race next week. I hope he wins the championship now because that’ll be the greatest clutch moment probably in the history of NASCAR.

Latest Posts

Back