Motorsports Trivia Thread!

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 7,179 comments
Engelbert? Isn't he the guy who sings that lounge song that's in the Heineken commercials? Engelbert Humperdink!

Just as a side note, Since Formula 1 supposedly started out in 1950, but some people state that it started much before, is it ethical to ask pre-1950 F1 questions?
Ask anything you like as long as it has something to do with motorsport. The F1 World Championship started in 1950 but there were Grand Prix races being held long before that.

I thought there weren't going to be any Australia-New Zealand related questions? :crazy: Still, I'll try and find out if I come up with something else

Seriously, though, it's hard enough to find results from Australian racing and you're looking for New Zealand.

Looking forward to the next question

That's correct Yuichi.
Who said there wasn't going to be any Australia or New Zealand questions Diego440? It's a motorsport question isn't it? Type "New Zealand Grand Prix 1965" into a Google search. The answer was the fifth find. It wasn't very difficult. It's not like I asked for some obscure fact from the ATCC in 1965.

On a side note to the fastest lap ratio question, the answer is only half right. Although the Kojima of Masahiro Hasemi was credited with the fastest lap, it's been noted by Jabby Crombac that it was actually Jacques Lafitte drove the fastest lap and it was checked with the lap-checkers that it was the case. The FIA do know about this "discrepancy", but have done nothing about it.

And now my question:

How many drivers were used in the 1994 F1 season, and which team(s) had the same driver line-up throughout that season?

daan said something to that effect, Schrodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT4EVA

Who is the current Australian Porsche GT3 Cup champion?

(then daan answers the quote)

How is a non Australian supposed to know that? First Peter Brock and now this. This is a board that covers the whole planet, hence it's name. Lets have some questions that cover the whole planet.

**Quickly thinks up an Australian racing driver**

Alan Jones?

Just clarifying. I have no problem with it, since it make no difference either way. Trivia is good. :dopey:

By the by, I'm convinced that Google (for example) is region-driven. I typed the NZGP search thing and got the attached picture. Either way, it's all good. I think I have a pretty good chance on Yuichi's question now.

Yuichi
How many drivers were used in the 1994 F1 season, and which team(s) had the same driver line-up throughout that season?

I'm guessing I have some sort of time advantage, since I woke up a while ago and noticed the question had just been written, he he. So, I'm showing a whopping 46 drivers for the 1994 F1 season!

Only three teams stayed with the same line-up throughout the whole season:
- Footwork Ford: Christian Fittipaldi and Gianni Morbidelli
- Minardi Scuderia Italia: Michele Alboreto and Pierluigi Martini
- Tyrrell Racing Organisation: Mark Blundell and Ukyo Katayama

Do I get a treat?

Sweet! So, on to my question, hyuck hyuck. I had a non-motorsport motorsport question, but it related to a motorsport driver and his actions off the tracks, so I''ll put another one instead.

Who became the first Japanese driver to participate in an F1 World Championship GP in a Japanese car? And at which race?

Hiroshi Fushida was entered in the Dutch GP in 1975 in a Maki-Ford F101C but never started the race.
The first Japanese driver to participate in a Grand Prix race in a Japanese car was Masahiro Hasemi.
He drove a Kojima-Ford Cosworth KE007 during the Japanese GP of 1976.

Schrodes
Hiroshi Fushida was entered in the Dutch GP in 1975 in a Maki-Ford F101C but never started the race.
The first Japanese driver to participate in a Grand Prix race in a Japanese car was Masahiro Hasemi.
He drove a Kojima-Ford Cosworth KE007 during the Japanese GP of 1976.

OK, forget the time advantage... Right you are, Schrodes.

Funny thing is, it was the only GP he competed in, but he did set the fastest lap.

Perhaps someone should have snapped him up for subsequent races.

Which former F1 driver was nicknamed The Clockwork Mouse?

I can officially say I have no clue. Although I know someone was called as such, I can't find any.

Rene Arnoux? Jan Lemmers?

Seriously, whoever answers it, can you give me the source from where you got it?

I would normally keep an unanswered question open for longer but a quick search shows that the answer cannot be found on the net. Sorry fellas, will check that the answer can be found from now on.
Niki Lauda was the driver with the nickname The Clockwork Mouse.
Next question someone...

Schrodes
I would normally keep an unanswered question open for longer but a quick search shows that the answer cannot be found on the net. Sorry fellas, will check that the answer can be found from now on.
Niki Lauda was the driver with the nickname The Clockwork Mouse.
Next question someone...

You know, I entered a forum where someone asked who the Clockwork Mouse was, and Jan Lammers and Rene Arnoux were included in the answers. Niki Lauda was also mentioned, but someone rebuked it saying that although he was known as The Rat and several other rat-related nicknames, the clockwork mouse certainly wasn't one of them. Hence, I didn't include him in the post. There was however, a website called clockworkmouse.com or something of the like, and it was about F1 news, but it closed down in 1998.

In that case I did a meta-search, among my pictures, and came up with two possibles:

Sauber C14 '95
Minardi PS01 '01

Now, the Sauber was black, but only in testing and the nose was blue. On the other hand, the Minardi was pure black during testing as well, but during the championship it had the European sponsor in the back spoiler and a yellow Magnum sponsor at the top (at a loss for words, what's the name of that?). Either way, the blacker black car would be the Minardi PS01...

Now, is it the answer??

Back