Move Over Bugatti, Koenigsegg is the New King of Speed

A seriously impressive acheivement for such a small car company. They annihilated the very recent previous run record from Chiron. Kudos to them!

The best thing about this is that they didn’t even use their fastest car.

If the Koenigsegg did 0-403-0 in 2,772 yards, I doubt the runway it did it on is only 2,600 yards long ;)

The suits at Volkswagon are not pleased.

If I may, the Chiron clip is typical corporate, cold and very boring to watch. Flashy, look at me stuff.

In fact, a bird landed on my window sill when Montoya began his run which was very interesting to watch. The bird that is.

The Agera reminds me of something raw, mechanical, animal like.
I would very much like to see more of Koenigsegg.

If the Koenigsegg did 0-403-0 in 2,772 yards, I doubt the runway it did it on is only 2,600 yards long ;)
The runway itself is 8,000ft. The Agera started (as you can see in the video) on the apron before the runway, and there's about another 200 feet of runoff afterwards - you can see in the video that he actually leaves the runway area and ends up on a taxiway at the end in the run-off. The entire track length available to the Agera was just over 3,000yd.

It's right here.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I love the Koenigsegg mentality of "Go ahead, make my day..."

I can only imagine what the Regera is capable of...

Well, to be fair, Agera RS does have 1360 PS so it's pretty much at the top of Koenigsegg cars.

The Regera still has 200hp more than the RS, as well as instant torque from the electric motors.

These Bugattis man... they strike me as Rolls Royces, like big lumps of car with tons of confort, quality... a cruiser like no other, you blink, and it's pushing 300kmh with zero drama, smooth, comfy, cool. So being able to do what it did is a bit more impressive to me.

Still, those figures... :bowdown:

giphy.gif

This.

The men at Bugatti are probably shifting uncomfortably in their seats right now. To be fair, though, the Chiron is designed to be fast and comfortable. I have no clue on the Agera but I doubt it offers the same level of comfort.
Half the Chiron production is sold; the Veyron laid out the foundation for what the car would be and was well received. As long people are buying, VAG likely isn’t all that concerned anymore. Their place in history is set. They’ll probably look at making a go at the record when they’re ready for a Chiron SS or whatever.

Koenigsegg eats the chiron like nothing. The koenigsegg is so Much better. And to me it looks way better. I think the chiron looks a bit weird

Koenigsegg has always been an awesome company to me. While I take nothing away from Bugatti, Koegnigsegg just has some awe-inspiring supercars and hypercars. There is just more character to Koenigsegg than Bugatti. That's even when I was using my Koenigsegg a lot in "Test Drive Unlimited 2" while all of the "cool kids" had their Bugatti Veyrons in TDU2 (I have one, too, nicknamed "Red Devil").

Great job by this Swedish maker to create such four-wheel awesomeness.

That Agera RS is a beautiful looking car. Even though Bugatti is an impressive car, the Agera RS is even more impressive. It is astonishing what this private supercar manufacturer has accomplished.

Back