Movie Trivia Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 503 comments
  • 22,237 views
Driftster
yeah...it refers to the Exodus 8:2 which in turn reflects on the inner "moral" of the movie....that is (i don't want to be wordy)...
You be a dikk...and you'll be dikked

Nope your still only half right.
 
Driftster
Exodus 8:2

Yes. Although Driftster could/should've gone a bit deeper on that, I think he's got the right answer. The references are indeed to Exodus 8:2, which says "If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs."

Thus, the raining of the frogs in the movie triggers all the conclusions/closure of all the characters. I think that about covers it.

Driftster, I think the floor is yours. Unless Specialized has something to add.
 
Looks like Driftster is a MIA.

Who played James Bond in the movie that featured Kim Basinger as a Bond Girl?
 
No idea (and i love my Bond!), but i'm guessing it must have been the Timothy Dalton era. Either that or a very old Roger Moore!
 
Never Say Never Again, which was actually when Bond was still played by Sean Connery!

Here's a toughy:

What's the name of the baseball team Keanu Reeves coaches in Hardball?
 
Just a side note, that's why the movie was called 'Never Say Never Again'... allegedly, Sean Connery said he would "never again" play James Bond... and there he was, some years later.

On Anderton's question... damn... I know it was some African tribe name.
 
Diego440
Just a side note, that's why the movie was called 'Never Say Never Again'... allegedly, Sean Connery said he would "never again" play James Bond... and there he was, some years later.
Yep. And supposedly, it was his wife who told him, "never say never again!". The movie was an oddball "James Bond", it was released around same time as the "Octopussy". I think they competed with each other. I think "Octopussy" was the official Bond. "Never Say Never Again" had different guy playing Q.
 
Never say never again wasn't part of the Bond franchise owned by MGM when it was released, it was effectively a remake of remake of Thunderball and Ian Flemming tried to stop the film being made in the cinema's. Because it had nothing to do with MGM all the characters had to be played by different actors from M and Q right the way to Felix Leiter who even changed skin colour. They could only use Connery because he was no longer under contract with MGM.
 
and the team's names is Kekambas
 
Diego440
and the team's names is Kekambas
Confirmed. 👍

A sequel to the George Romero's Dead Trilogy was released last year. Trilogy started with the "Night of the Living Dead", then "Dawn of the Dead", "Day of the Dead", finally the "Land of the Dead". What was the original, working title of the "Land of the Dead"?
Edit:Seems there were few working titles. One I'm thinking of starts with "T".
 
Twilight of the dead, another working title was Dead city.

I'm off for the rest of the day and most of tomorrow so don't wait for me to think of a question 👍.
 
What is the name of Anthony Edwards' character "Goose" in 'Top Gun'?
 
Der Alta
What is the name of Anthony Edwards' character "Goose" in 'Top Gun'?

... a very un-top-gunnish name... Nick Bradshaw
 
Oh well, I know I'm right so...

In the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, as Jim Carey walks into a bar, there's a metal band playing. What band is it? Extra credit for whoever can say the song they're playing.
 
I give up.

The band is Cannibal Corpse. The song is Hammer Smashed Face.

The floor's open if anyone wants to ask the next question.
 
Canadian Speed
What movie has a hit man name Leon teaching a young girl how to be a "cleaner"?
"The Professional"?

Edit:
I'm going to go play ball now, so feel free to skip me. :)
 
It's just called Leon over here.
 
live4speed
It's just called Leon over here.
My DVD case says "Leon The Professional". :lol:

I'll go:
In "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome", what is the name of the town ran by Aunty Entity(played by Tina Turner)?.
 
Bordertown?
 
Damn, yeah... I did the search, and I forgot to post it.

I said bordertown because I originally saw this movie in the subtitled version, and since I wasn't quite knowledgeable in fast-spoken English at the time, I just took it as what I understood... plus, the Spanish subtitles called it something else that didn't have crap to do.

Funny part when Auntie is telling Max how everything works and he says "Bull ****" and she says "no, Pig ****"

So I guess we wait for the birthday boy's confirmation and you get to ask your question...

Unless you wanna go straight ahead. I'll vouch it being the right answer.
 
Canadian Speed is correct, but you guys already knew that!
 
What's written on "The Bride's" feet in Kill Bill Vol 1? In the scene with the Crazy 88...

If that's too hard...

Answer this on instead...

What was so unique about the scene where we first see the woman in the red dress in the Matrix? And why was it done that way?

Again...

What was used as a belt buckle in Team America World Police? (This is the gimme one out of the three... You get a doggy biscuit if you can answer either of the first two properly)
 
On the Brides shoes it said "**** You" if I remember correctly.
 
so if I answer the Matrix one, who goes next...?
 
Back