Movie Trivia Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 503 comments
  • 22,237 views
Oh, now I know it, Tom Hanks, crashes on an island and turns a ball into his friend.

Cast away.
 
:lol: Good one, good movie too. It advertised "Wilson" Volleyball too though. Small spots for Jeep and Swiss Army Knife as well.
 
live4speed
Oh, now I know it, Tom Hanks, crashes on an island and turns a ball into his friend.

Cast away.

Bingo!

a6m5
Good one, good movie too. It advertised "Wilson" Volleyball too though. Small spots for Jeep and Swiss Army Knife as well.

I did put "allegedly", since it's not documented as a commercial. I had that example given to me in a film class. Alright Dave, your go. I really have a nice question for whenever it's my turn next, so get on with it ;)
 
I was thinking Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. But that was made in 2004.
 
Solid Lifters
I was thinking Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. But that was made in 2004.
Ohhh. Good one, Solid. Only thing I came up was BMWfilms' Clive Owen shortfilms. :ouch:
 
Tony Scott was originally penned to direct a film in the 1980's, the studio prevented this because they didn't think he was accomplished enough at the time, he later directed the re-make a couple of years ago, what was the name of the 1980's film?
 
are you looking for the film Tony Scott directed or the one he wasn't allowed to direct?
 
Interview with a Vampire?
 
Diego440
are you looking for the film Tony Scott directed or the one he wasn't allowed to direct?
The 80's film, which is the one he didn't get to direct.
No, it's not Interview with a Vampire.
 
Is it Domino?
 
Nope, though at least one actor in Domino also appeared in the remake.
 
Can't be The Hunger can it?
 
I don't know if there's more to this story, but I know he was a contender to direct Starman in the early 80s, but was turned down because his debut film (The Hunger) was so crappy.
 
No it's not the Hunger, it's not Starman either.

I'll give you a clue, one of the films co-starts in the re-make, (the one I said was also in Domino) was Micky Rourke.
 
is it Man on Fire?
 
It is indeed, Man on fire came out in 1987, originally planned to be directed by Tony Scott, the re-make, also called Man on fire was released in 2004, this time directed by Tony Scott, though this time, it was originally meant to be directed by Michale Bay, also Bruce Willis, Robert DenNiro and Will Smith were all offered the chance to play Creasey before Washington was asked and accepted.
 
I actually had to go through Tony Scott's filmography and see which movie rang a bell.

This one's easy, since I'm about to hit the sack.

What's Uma Thurman's "code name" in Kill Bill I and II.
 
Diego440
What's Uma Thurman's "code name" in Kill Bill I and II.

She was called Black Mamba, though she's reffered to simply as the Bride in the credits...

Since it's right... I'm going to work on my question... Actuely... I'll use one of the other three I had posted a while back...

What was original about the scene where we first see "the woman in the red dress" in the Matrix and why was it done that way?
 
Canadian Speed
What was original about the scene where we first see "the woman in the red dress" in the Matrix and why was it done that way?

Tough question... is it something to do with everyone dressed in black, and then showing that not everyone is what they seen to be. Honestly, I have no clue.

(and for anyone interested the actress playing the Woman in the Red Dress is Fiona Johnson)
 
I think Sting is on the right track there.

When Morpheus and Neo are walking around the simulated enviroinment, Morpheus asks Neo if he was paying attention, and tells Neo to look behind him again. A simulated agent holds Neo at gunpoint and Morpheus pauses the training program to tell Neo about the agents and how they can inhabit the bodies of anyone still plugged into the Matrix, making every non-"redpill" a threat.
 
Sorry guys... It's kind of close, but it's a mile off... I'll give it another day, if it's not answered by then, I'll spill the beans... It's neat stuff...

Meh, I'll do it now, as I'm board.

If you pay close attention to everyone on the entire scene, they are all twins and triplets. They actuely went out and got twins and triplets for the extras, as much as possible any how. The directors did this in an attempt to rationalize what a programmer would do if faced with making a program that needed hundreds, if not millions of people in an environment. Remeber, they aren't in the matrix at that time, only in a training (closed) environment. So what's a programmer to do? Make a bunch of copies of people and fill the environment until you have your desired number... Floor's open... You guys also know about the green hugh while in the Matrix right? But that's another story for another time if not...
 
That was a really cool one, CS. 👍 I'm gonna have to a pay a close attention to that scene, next time.

Here's a easy one. In "Young Guns" movies, what is the famous line from Billy the Kid(Emilio Estevez) right before he shoots somebody?
 
"I can make you famous"

But honnestly... a far better line, or bunch of lines for a gun fight is in Tombstone between Doc and Ringo... I'm not even going to lay it out here. If you haven't seen it... See it ASAP... a great underated movie and western!!!

Okay, for my question...

Well might as well go with #3

In Team America, World Police, What was used as the character's belt buckles?
 
I thought it was "I'll make you famous", actually. Close enough anyway, and no, I don't know what they used as a belt buckle. :D
 
yeah, it actually was "Yoo-hoo, I'll make ya famous"

CS: Buttons?
 
Canadian Speed
In Team America, World Police, What was used as the character's belt buckles?

Coins
 
easy one if you know the film.....

For the film Maximum Overdrive, based on a short story by Stephen King, Stephen King himself chose a well known rock band to perform the music for the film..... name the band, and for a bonus point the name of the band's album that the films music appeared on.
 
I'm going to say The Ramones, since they also had a song in another Stephen King movie. As to the album, I don't know.
 
Nope, not the Ramones.
 
Back