Mr. and Mrs. Smith

  • Thread starter Thread starter VIPFREAK
  • 53 comments
  • 1,900 views
:lol: Just saw it and I absolutely loved it! So damn cheezy and funny but it was still great! Jolie was ****ing hot too! :drool:
 
Why did you resurrect this thread? :lol: Anyway, I saw this a few weeks ago and thought it sucked personally.

And i thought the matrix revolutions was pretty good actually.
 
i thought this movie was pretty good. i expected it to be really cheesy and stupid but it wasnt.
 
I thought it was cool when they were going against each other, but when they started working together it was pretty weak. Also, the ending made no sense at all. They didn't even get rid of any of the head guys. They just got in this huge gunbattle and that was it. Very strange...
 
The ending was very weak, very very weak. I didn't think as a whole the movie was too bad, there was some good scenes in it but I wouldn't watch it again unless I was very bored, very, very bored.
 
I liked the movie. Was funny for me. I didn't expect too much when I watched it at the movies but nevertheless I'll buy it on DVD :)

Just to watch it in English :D
 
I wish I had read/seen this thread before I watched it two weeks ago. I forgot to check my brain at the door so I started picking it apart from the beginning.

I'm about to give a spoiler describing the part that bothered me the most.




After they practically destroy their house trying to kill each other they end up face to face at point blank range. Brad Pit says, "I can't do it." Then they both lower their guns.

[RANT]WAIT ONE FRIGGIN' SECOND!!! You just unloaded a few thousand rounds at each other and then all of a sudden you can't shoot each other? You just wasted the last 48 hours (movie time/15-20 minutes real time) trying to. You just wasted all my time. All that time taunting each other on the phone and you couldn't make up then? At least then you didn't risk the other not loving you and deciding to blow your head off.[/RANT]


For me the only decent thing to this whole movie was (No, not Angelina with full-body make-up to make her look pretty when she is fugly in real life.) Vince Vaughn. I just like his style of comedy. Yes, his character was pointless but it was the only relief from the main storyline, or lack thereof. Then when I watch deleted scenes I see the best joke was cut. WTF!?
 
FoolKiller
...I forgot to check my brain at the door...

Well, there's the problem, right there.

Look, to extract any enjoyment at all out of this silly flick, you have to shut down all your brain's critical thinking functions and reduce its general activity level to that of a hamster.

Remember what Dave did to Hal at the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey"? That's what you have to do to yourself.

If you can do that, you can appreciate parts of it on a basic, primal, pre-juvenile level. I was able to enjoy the epic battle in the house, for example, once I had done that. Ya gotta like Angie going to full auto, unloading multiple clips inside a McMansion. That's just pretty cool. My wife actually enjoyed that scene, and she really hates shootout movies.

Some snippets of the married-couple-bickering dialogue can also be enjoyed to a certain degree.

Its all how you approach it. Expect dumbness, and its sort of a fun flick.
 
I like this film. Great stupid cheesy fun.
Only problem is i hate the PG-13-ness of everything in it. All the action scenes are to close up so you cant see anything. Theres no blood, (he got a knife in the leg!!!!). And am sure that the sex scene was ment to be more graphic, i remember reading before it came out it was really graphic, but then it got a PG13 raiting, ARGH!
Still enjoyable stupidness though.
 
The whole scene in the minivan when they talk about their lies is a trip.
 
Zardoz
Well, there's the problem, right there.

Look, to extract any enjoyment at all out of this silly flick, you have to shut down all your brain's critical thinking functions and reduce its general activity level to that of a hamster.

Remember what Dave did to Hal at the end of "2001: A Space Odyssey"? That's what you have to do to yourself.
I can do that. I just didn't and I don't know why. I think I was moody to begin with that day.

That's what happens when it is a Netflix that has already sat there a week and you want to get it watched and back in the mailbox.
 
Have I said this before? It's a cheap rip-off of True Lies, done very poorly. I hate Angelina Jolie, it's official after seeing this movie that she's nothing more than two boobs and a pair of balloon lips. Brad Pitt disappointed me, and he never has in the past. The whole movie was garbage, and it relied solely on the identity of its stars to put asses in the seats.
 
I rented it when it had just come out on DVD. Considering who directed it & who starred in it, it was a huge dissapointment. I suppose it was OK for a rental. I'd give it a "C".
 
Geez... people lighten up. Yes it sucks ass and very unblieveable like The orginal Transporter but they both were great movies still. I can think of some many other movies like this too. Take Commando for example, it sucks ass real hard but it's a classic.
 
Don't even begin to try and put thrice-recycled dog**** like The Transporter in the same league as Commando. Watch both back to back and you'll quickly see which is the superior picture and which comes across as a puke stain in film.
 
I agree with Anderton. In my view, there is such things as "good" crap, and ..... I guess just crap. Is "Commando" dumb?, yes. Poor acting in it?, yes. But throw in Arnold Schwazenegger in his prime, bunch of jokes that Touring Mars can only dream of, somehow it becomes a classic.

Didn't make much sense, did it? Sorry if I just confused you guys. I'm gonna just stop while I'm (not really)ahead.
 
Anderton Prime
Don't even begin to try and put thrice-recycled dog**** like The Transporter in the same league as Commando. Watch both back to back and you'll quickly see which is the superior picture and which comes across as a puke stain in film.

:lol: I dunno what's more funny you standing up for Commando or you standing up for Schwarzenegger. You should move to Kalifornya.
 
I couldn't care less about Governor Schwarzenegger. Now, Schwarzenegger the action movie star, that's a totally different story...
 
He did help to shape action movies as we know them. Add up what he's accomplished in life, and its hard to find a man thats done what he's done.

I didn't mind this movie, kind of just dumb enjoyment, but entertaining none the less. This movie basically had everything in my opinion from humor, action to hot passionate whoopie making. Not the greatest by far, but not the worst. Not worth the money to see it in the theatre, but worth the rent I guess. 👍
 
Anderton Prime
My kind of guy, El Gigante. My kind of guy.

:lol:

Yeah i liked it. A lot of my friends said it sucked but i didn't think it was bad at all. Everyone says 'there's hardly any kung-fu!' but anyone can see that the film is about more than kung fu.
 
This movie is quite sexy, was'nt there an offscreen counterpart to the hanky-panky? eh?
 
My dad rented this last weekend but I didn't have the time to watch it. It looks like I didn't miss much.
 
I actually saw this movie at school, during a maths lesson. Maths probably would have been more exciting.
 
Back