MR appreciation thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 60 comments
  • 3,944 views
oh you didn't know? lol
Yes I did,it was just a tardy tired mistake,probly my worst in 9 years here at Gtp..:lol: I went to bed 4 mins after posting that..
 
existed-because-of-the-major-differences-between-the-versions-of-this_f69e1.jpg


1997_Nissan_R390_GT1_Road_Car.jpg


:dopey:

PS: I like the '97 version instead of '98. It's a shame that the road version is only in GT2 :(
 
Ferrari-288-GT0-Red-Front-Quarter-Angle-4-st.jpg


FROM THE HEAVENS OF THE MR GODS!

#288GTO #iknowhashtagsheredontwork

This car is a rocket. With only 399 BHP it's faster than a lot of other modern cars, I love it!
 
Heard so much negativity about the Ferrari F40 in particular. Decided to buy it for myself and ran some tests on it against the Diablo GT, both at exactly 565 pp at Silverstones shorter circuit (BTCC variant) First thing, I'm surprised how 'open' the pp system remains, for example the F40 is 90KG lighter with 11BHP more than the Diablo (in my set ups) yet both are 565PP. Both have their weight balance shifted to 45/55. The F40 was brilliant, totaly stable except for some twitching through Luffield. Recorded a best out of 3 of 53.4xx whilst the Diablo was behind at 55.6xx and was generaly more unsettled. But compared with stock, my Diablo is tame! I think I can tame it more, it's just a matter of trial and error. And I totaly agree about the 288GTO, standard at 520PP I think that car is going to be difficult to beat!
 
The Stratos and MR2 make me feel godly when I get it right driving them. I'm probably slower than alot/most/all of you guys, but its so much fun to try that I don't care!
 
Has anyone else noticed that the Ferrari 458 Italia...

Handles amazingly
 
Has anyone else noticed that the Ferrari 458 Italia...

Handles amazingly

Amazing car. Even in stock conditions, it's really stable and weight transfer doesn't upset it in corners. And is a beautiful car, one of my favourite road cars!
 
Only driven two MR's so far (Only used 6 cars so far)

KTM XBOW - Probably good but...

LCC ROCKET

I am glad they bundled GT6 with the LCC Rocket simulator. It is stunningly great to chuck about the track.
 
These MR cars in gt6, some cars like huayra, mp4-12c (very easy to drive), fxx, i can tame easily but others like f40, lotus elise, i just find it hard to tame. And people say learn to drive the elise before the mp4-12c
 
Driving a MR clean and smooth is easy. Driving it fast is the real challenge.

I found that no matter how hard i try, the R8 LMS Ultra is extremly difficult to drive fast.

On the other hand, i found that cars like the NSX GT500, Ford GT LM or BMW McLaren F1 GTR are very easy to master.
 
Driving a MR clean and smooth is easy. Driving it fast is the real challenge.

I found that no matter how hard i try, the R8 LMS Ultra is extremly difficult to drive fast.

On the other hand, i found that cars like the NSX GT500, Ford GT LM or BMW McLaren F1 GTR are very easy to master.
I agree with you, i've been using the mclaren f1 gtr alot on s races and it's easy to pish hard, the r8 lms however keep sliding
 
By 520bhp X-bow R is lively to say the least, terrifyingly fast though!!! :eek:
 
I like the MR's plus like to keep the weight balance as stock, makes you drive a lot cleaner, and how you would in real life. The rocket is maybe is the easiest one to drive so far, that I've tried.
 
Love MR cars in GT6! they feel so much better than GT5. My favs so far are the Zonda R, Xbow, LLC Rocket, F40. i am still working my way through career so i only have about 40 cars right now and the Zonda set me back a bit finacially. but i definently go for the MR cars in GT6 for their ability to go around a corner fast.

edit,
i want to add that i play with a Xbox 360 controller. i don't have room for my G25 setup and the DS3 is just too small for my big hands.
 
Last edited:
I love the X-Bow street version, it's so much fun to drive.

BUT the Elise '11 man am I finding that a challenge. I have been in the IB class races the one where you cannot tune the car at all. A real challenge to finish in the top 3 even at Tsukuba.

I simply LOVE it. Stuff the rubbish AI when you can have this much fun and still lose.

Got to go, more punishment ahead.
 
I never bought an MP4-12C in GT5 but I did in 6. I really like that car. It handles really well right out of the box. The oversteer is completely manageable and there is grip to spare.
 
Haven't noticed any problems with mine! I love them! My MR cars are:

-Light Company Rocket. What a beast!! Who knew that thing was so fast and so much fun to drive. (Sport Hard tires. Engine slightly modified. ABS Off).

-X-Bow Street. Feels like a Go Kart. It's tricky at first but then you realize how much corner speed you can get out of it. Amazing. (Sport Hard tires. Slightly modified engine. ABS 1 because I'm not sure if the car has it IRL)

-Ford GT40. As good as I remember from GT2 and GT3. I love having this car back. It's a bit tail happy, but with proper driving, it's not noticeable at all if you don't do it on purpose. (Weight Reduction 3. Sport Hard Tires and Sport Softs in some races. Engine tuned to 360HP. No ABS.)

-Lamborghini Countach (old one). This car handles so great and neutral that I wonder if it's actual broken :D Not the slightest hint of oversteer, even if you try hard. (No ABS, Sport Hards or Comfort Softs. Sport Soft Suspension. Engine tuned to 390HP)

-Cizeta Moroder V16T. Another car that drives so nicely that seems broken. I don't remember it being so good in GT4 and GT5. Love it. It bites when you do something wrong, but if driven properly, you can storm your way through any track without any problems. (Sport Hard tires, ABS 1, unless I confirm that the car has no ABS IRL. Everything else stock).
 
Last edited:
My favorite cars in GT6 are the 03 Takata Dome GT500 @560pp and audi R8 LMS team oreca @600pp, BEASTS!. They are even at those pp numbers. I use a controller and right analong stick for throttle. All aids off, ABS1.
 
F40 @ Deep Forest Raceway (while I was testing the custom rims anomaly) S1s, stock, BB 5/5 ABS 1, all other aids off:


​

I did post it in the 'F40 is horrible' thread first so some of you may have seen it... but man, its one of my favourite drives. So much better than the GT5 version.
 
I have enjoyed the MR-4WD/AWD that are available at the dealerships.....the R8 ,Aventador, and the Acura/Honda NSX Concept are on the top of my list as fun to drive. The NSX Concept is a blast to drive and currently is the car I have driven the most until I start using the BMW/McLaren F1 GTR to work my way through the S series races....
 
no abs,no aids,real grip,stock,brake balance front 10/rear 10

Great vid... I learned something I didn't think about... The tire squeal is intentionally exaggerated so you have an audible indicator of the slip angle... Combined with the yellow tire indicator I once thought was starting to loose grip is actually closer to max grip.

Perhaps I'm slow to the party but everything PD does has meaning though they don't ever explain it... Like the AI explination being more about tactical track days with AI being more for pace than actual racing...

If I'm half right, then pd actually made a compromise to reality for a better game...
 
DSC01579.JPG

To me it's one of the best cars in the game in the 500-550PP range. Insanely fast on corners thanks to being so lightweight. And its fast on the straights to.
 
F40 @ Deep Forest Raceway (while I was testing the custom rims anomaly) S1s, stock, BB 5/5 ABS 1, all other aids off:


​

I did post it in the 'F40 is horrible' thread first so some of you may have seen it... but man, its one of my favourite drives. So much better than the GT5 version.


If it's better than in GT5, then it must be THE Ferrari to have, because in GT5 it was already good. It just took a lot of adjustments to make it drivable. But still, it was probably one of my favorite cars.
 
Back