MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
Okay guys I'm new to the series and what not....but seriously what does qualifying really matter at all.

1. There are no points at all associated with the series it is just to be for fun correct?

2. With an endurance race this long the faster guys will come out on top 95% of the time. Cream always Rises to the top.

All this caring on for 10 minutes of qualifying is a joke in my eyes and personally uncalled its qualifying get over it go out and run your race. Just because you start 1 or 15th dont meen a thing at all. you have 90 minutes and lots of strategy to play out to get the number 1 spot. Just saying
It depends on the scenario and track. In this case Autopolis is a difficult to place to make passes. So yes I think qualifying will matter a lot for this race.

It depends on the scenario and track. In this case Autopolis is a difficult to place to make passes. So yes I think qualifying will matter a lot for this race.

So then go out and qualify for 10 minutes and race. It does no good sitting on here complaining because @Rinsky wanted to change it up a little bit....to bring up my #1 point yet again there is no points that go along with these race so why the uproar over a change.

It would make sense if this was changed in the middle of a season with POINTS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but This was just for the fun of it is it not.

I am done commenting on a subject that makes no difference one way or another so good luck to your race tomorrow night

So then go out and qualify for 10 minutes and race. It does no good sitting on here complaining because @Rinsky wanted to change it up a little bit....to bring up my #1 point yet again there is no points that go along with these race so why the uproar over a change.

It would make sense if this was changed in the middle of a season with POINTS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but This was just for the fun of it is it not.

I am done commenting on a subject that makes no difference one way or another so good luck to your race tomorrow night
When did I come complain? I just asked why he increase the tire wear out of curiosity. Any proper race car driver would have questions. I take all my races seriously. I didn't know all questions are complaints. Did you actually read my post or are you just grouping me in? Oh, wait that's a question isn't it? Whoops another one. I got to stop doing that.

Anyways since it you think so little of the importance of qualifying. Then you'll have no problem parking during qualifying and starting at the back for this race. You said it's so easy to get 1st place so this be shouldn't the slight challenge for you. I mean give the rest of us a chance.

Hey @Rinsky what do you think of holding a separate qualifying session for the Nurburgring 2.4h? Many racing series host a special qualifying for their big races. I would suggest November 23rd over 30th since the 30th is Thanksgiving Weekend.

Hey @Rinsky what do you think of holding a separate qualifying session for the Nurburgring 2.4h? Many racing series host a special qualifying for their big races. I would suggest November 23rd over 30th since the 30th is Thanksgiving Weekend.

I don't mind that but getting everyone together for a regular race is getting harder and harder. We will just have to see where we stand as that race draws near.

I have to regretfully announce that I will not make the race tomorrow night. Best of luck to all. I was very much looking forward to racing in this event but I wish all the competitors the best of luck tomorrow night.

Someone please share the replay... if possible.

Unfortunately the replays are to long to share. I've tried.

I don't mind that but getting everyone together for a regular race is getting harder and harder. We will just have to see where we stand as that race draws near.
True but, at least you'll give them the opportunity to control where they start. Despite it's length the north loop of Nurburgring can be a tough place to pass cleanly. So qualifying well can make a difference. I'm sure not everyone will When did I come complain it to qualifying. Those guys will have to start in the back. But there's also a chance some of the qualifiers may not make the race.

Looking forward to racing with you guys tonight :cheers:
PS_Messages_20190414_131908.jpg

More on qualifying

...X10 tire wear on qualifying is plenty enough wear for everyone to get 3 good qualifying laps in but for those who are the first ones out on the track for qualifying they can get a lap or two more in than those who have to wait so having x10 tire wear keeps that advantage way down once your on lap 4 or 5 of qualifying...

Speak for yourself. Us FF guys at x10 will have no tread after 1 lap. It just further puts us at a disadvantage to qualify that way.
oh wait, us FF guys? that's just me! LOL :lol:
I want special treatment please. :irked:

Speak for yourself. Us FF guys at x10 will have no tread after 1 lap. It just further puts us at a disadvantage to qualify that way.
oh wait, us FF guys? that's just me! LOL :lol:
I want special treatment please. :irked:

If I could I would.. there are however a bunch of cars open for this race. I lowered the value to x8

Last edited:
While i would love to switch cars for the race, I too feel it is not within the spirit of these races.

I’ve had some advantage qualifying all season with the Audi. Turnabout is fair play.

That's the way I've always looked at it. Not every car is good at every track and it takes some planning to get the most out of it when at a disadvantage.
You definitely dominated at Nurburgring GP

Even though we only started the race with 8 people last night it was still a tough race.
I'm not going to lie when I say it feels good when you can run with the fastest two people in this Series. Having to hold off @Venster and @WhiteFlight1 for the first 14 laps without making a mistake was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in this game. After all they both have more podium finishes and wins than anyone else in this Series. Behind them were @fastone371 and @micantony who both have had podium finishes this year.
So the competition right behind me was not taken lightly.

@Venster kept me in check the entire race as he was always either in my rearview or in front of me and we kept around a 2 second gap between us all race long. Racing him for the win was intense and had I made any mistakes at all I would have watched him run away with this race too.
I absolutely drove the best race of my life last night. Sorry most of you missed it because it only took me two years.

@Infineon was back after a 3 month absence and I don't know what he did during that 3 months time but whatever it was it worked as he brought home a 3rd place podium finish. Congratulations Infineon.

Congratulations @Venster for your hard fought P2 podium finish, pole position and the fastest lap of the race.

Thanks again for everyone who raced last night.

I will 2nd that.

Congrats @Rinsky on the win, and @Venster for 2nd!

Infineon, I dont know what happened between qualifying and the race but you were complaining about being slow yet I couldnt make up any time on you during the race, what gives???
@fastone371 I'm still trying to wrap my head around it LoL. During qualifying, you was faster than me with @Cold Warrior only half a second behind me. I knew my car was slow on the long front stretch so I had to make all short turns count. I made it a 2 stop race was probably what gave me the edge. I had only one lap with 1:54 and the rest was 1:55's. Both times I pitted, I ran straight into the pit wall chicane causing major damage too, guess I'll never learn LoL

Not sure whose race was more impressive, Infineon's or Rinsky's!

well done to you both. Nice drives. :cheers:

I had fun racing around with @Cold Warrior the entire race going back and forth as my tires went from fresh to bald every 9 laps.
It would have been a close finish for 6th, but he must have missed his brake zone at turn 1 with 2 or 3 laps to go and ended up in the beach it appeared in my mirror.
(and yes, it sounds better to say we were racing for 6th, rather than "racing for last" :lol:)

Well done @Rinsky that really was a well fought win. It was very close all race but you had an answer every time I pushed, couldn’t match your pace in the last sector where it really matters on this track I don’t think you made an error all race. Any time I gained you quickly gathered back up again.

I quickly realised I couldn’t beat you on straight pace, I was going two stops but tyres weren’t lasting and losing too much time so swapped to a three stop, which at first I thought was working but unfortunately you then followed suit so that was the end of that strategy!.

Tiring race pushing that hard all race, last few laps did manage to catch back up a touch and went for one last push but tiredness and dead tyres the mistakes started creeping in and just lost more time than gained.

Great race though, best I’ve had in a while.

And well done again @Rinsky on the first win!

Apologies to @WhiteFlight1 as apparently a little tap on him from me gave him damage where I had none (doesn’t seem particularly fair!) sorry about that, not good on lap 1! I should know better!!

Edit - well done @Infineon

Glad to be through with that race, a heavy car there just kills the front tires cause you spend what seems 3/4 of the lap in a turn. I could go maybe 8 laps on tires but by that point the fronts were about 3/4's red and lap times were down 3 seconds. I got stuffed in the L1T1 from someone who pushed the guy behind me into me. I was a little slow into T1 as was everyone else in front of me. I was still evaluating if I could wait until my first stop to repair the damage when a race restart was called for. I then proceeded to spin and kiss the barrier while curb riding 2 times, once hard enough to cause engine damage at the fast right hand down hill turn at the beginning of sector 3. BB Raceway would be a fitting change of pace after the August race if we still plan to race there.

quickly realised I couldn’t beat you on straight pace, I was going two stops but tyres weren’t lasting and losing too much time so swapped to a three stop, which at first I thought was working but unfortunately you then followed suit so that was the end of that strategy!.

I stayed on my orginal strategy until after my second pitstop. I lost so much time to you staying out that once I pitted you were almost 5 seconds ahead of me when I came out. I knew right then if I didn't start pitting the next lap after you my chances were over. Luckily it paid off and I was able to make up some ground and retake the lead.

the fast right hand down hill turn at the beginning of sector 3.

That's my trouble spot and I always lose it running wide and putting the power down on the curb. I lost it in practice there. So how I managed to run the pace I did and not do something stupid in that section for 1.5hr was lucky.

BB Raceway is still on the schedule?
I know there was talk of it being replaced. I hope we have a better turn out.

BB Raceway is on schedule for the next race. All Information has been updated on the main page except the tire wear multiplier. I haven't tested that out as of yet.

Latest Posts

Back