Not a complaint at all just an opinion I’m easy either way, I like having qualifying regardless so I’m sure it’ll work out fine. Didn’t know you couldn’t put it down to zero.
Yeah it says keep at race settings or you can adjust the values higher. It will not go below what you have set for the actual race.
I think all the GR4 cars can be competitive if you practice with your car enough, that's what BOP does. The only real limitation is the FF cars with tire wear on, they chew up tires too fast but with the Audi and Megane you also get cars that out accelerate the rest. It's about figuring out how to overcome your cars short comings with some cars.
For me It's sad to see so many people wanting to open the car selection up.
@fastone371 understands why we have been doing the way we have.
I guess very few of us like the challenge of getting to know your car and dealing with the short comings or rewards it has to offer. Letting people using the same car multiple times just completely changes everything about this Series for me and one of the things that made it unique compared to other Series.
More on qualifying
Had the qualifying settings been in the lobby section from the start then our Series would have used the in game qualifying from the beginning.
Giving everyone the chance to do qualifying laps for up to 45 minutes was very extreme but unless I wanted to change the lobby settings twice to rest the lap times and risk problems while it was reloading the lobby then this was the only way I could to do qualifying and it run smoothly.
During that 45 minutes people could run down their fuel & put on new tires to get faster lap times...and they did.
This was something I had to allow because I just don't have the time to monitor that kinda stuff while taking care of everything else that arises along the way. Keep in mind I have to also run my qualifying laps during that time as well.
Now we have in game qualifying and it should be more difficult than before. People should only get 2 or 3 laps Max to put in their qualifying time.
10 minutes for qualifying will give people the opportunity to sit in the pits for a few minutes so the track gets spread out and not all running together. This will allow those same people to still get 2 or 3 good qualifying laps in.
X10 tire wear on qualifying is plenty enough wear for everyone to get 3 good qualifying laps in but for those who are the first ones out on the track for qualifying they can get a lap or two more in than those who have to wait so having x10 tire wear keeps that advantage way down once your on lap 4 or 5 of qualifying.