MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,897 views
Sorry, just saw your message. I am pretty slammed at work, but I sit 6 feet from my rig and can easily hop on any time to do a quick test of the pit stops (30 minutes is probably all i need to set aside to meet up and run a few laps/pit :sly: ).
Let me know the next window you have open. My PS4 is up and i am available most of today and tomorrow to meet up.
Have you been able to get the testing you wanted in. I can help out Saturday if so. We still need to finalize tire wear for this race anyways.
 
I have no idea what this is.
Well he quoted your bribe post. Maybe he's offering 4 million dollars in code to crash the lobby if he takes the lead. Not a bad offer if that's the case.

Oh, I noticed you didn't change the race start times on the main page. If you're planning on starting this early again this year. I would change if so people know when to show up by. Not everyone was here last year.

I want to make sure as many people show up as possible. This is very very long track. Even a full 16 car lobby can feel kind of empty once the field spreads out. The 24 hour race regularly hosts 200 car fields.
 
Well he quoted your bribe post. Maybe he's offering 4 million dollars in code to crash the lobby if he takes the lead. Not a bad offer if that's the case.

Oh, I noticed you didn't change the race start times on the main page. If you're planning on starting this early again this year. I would change if so people know when to show up by. Not everyone was here last year.

I want to make sure as many people show up as possible. This is very very long track. Even a full 16 car lobby can feel kind of empty once the field spreads out. The 24 hour race regularly hosts 200 car fields.

Well that comment was a joke anyway and that was easily noticeable if one reads the entire conversation going on between us.
I will not cheat or help anyone cheat.

Start time changes are listed in two separate links on the main page. One is right at the top of the page and the other is right below the Dec date under race schedule.
The lobby will open at 6:00pm for anyone who wants to run practice laps. We are not doing qualifying and will use that time to race so the race will start at 7:00pm and end at 9:30.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/msn-gr-4-endurance-race-series-2-4hr-of-nürburgring-dec-7th.376567/page-111#post-12917214


All the settings are complete for the race.

Oh I forgot to mention I'm sorry for posting that Laguna Seca was a 100% confirmed then it doesn't show up in this update.

To my defense it was posted on the official Sony website that it was going to be released in this last update. Then without a word PD doesn't put it in or explain why they posted it would be but didn't deliver on that.
For anyone who has played GT long enough this shouldn't come as a surprise as PD has done this kind of stuff a lot in the past.
 
Last edited:
Well that comment was a joke anyway and that was easily noticeable if one reads the entire conversation going on between us.
I will not cheat or help anyone cheat.

Start time changes are listed in two separate links on the main page. One is right at the top of the page and the other is right below the Dec date under race schedule.
The lobby will open at 6:00pm for anyone who wants to run practice laps. We are not doing qualifying and will use that time to race so the race will start at 7:00pm and end at 9:30.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/msn-gr-4-endurance-race-series-2-4hr-of-nürburgring-dec-7th.376567/page-111#post-12917214


All the settings are complete for the race.

Oh I forgot to mention I'm sorry for posting that Laguna Seca was a 100% confirmed then it doesn't show up in this update.

To my defense it was posted on the official Sony website that it was going to be released in this last update. Then without a word PD doesn't put it in or explain why they posted it would be but didn't deliver on that.
For anyone who has played GT long enough this shouldn't come as a surprise as PD has done this kind of stuff a lot in the past.
I figured it was a joke but, man 4 million would be great offer just to help someone cheat in a video game race. I would request half up front. Make up to everyone else in the race by offering a PS5 and a copy of GT7.

As of for Laguna Seca. I actually didn't think we would get it this update. Going by PDI past trends. We don't normally get stuff debuted to pro players until 2 big updates after. I think we'll see Laguna Seca in December's update.
 
I figured it was a joke but, man 4 million would be great offer just to help someone cheat in a video game race. I would request half up front. Make up to everyone else in the race by offering a PS5 and a copy of GT7.
$4 Million you could throw in a T-GT and nice rig too :)
 
Well that comment was a joke anyway and that was easily noticeable if one reads the entire conversation going on between us.
I will not cheat or help anyone cheat.

Start time changes are listed in two separate links on the main page. One is right at the top of the page and the other is right below the Dec date under race schedule.
The lobby will open at 6:00pm for anyone who wants to run practice laps. We are not doing qualifying and will use that time to race so the race will start at 7:00pm and end at 9:30.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/msn-gr-4-endurance-race-series-2-4hr-of-nürburgring-dec-7th.376567/page-111#post-12917214


All the settings are complete for the race.

Oh I forgot to mention I'm sorry for posting that Laguna Seca was a 100% confirmed then it doesn't show up in this update.

To my defense it was posted on the official Sony website that it was going to be released in this last update. Then without a word PD doesn't put it in or explain why they posted it would be but didn't deliver on that.
For anyone who has played GT long enough this shouldn't come as a surprise as PD has done this kind of stuff a lot in the past.
Oh, I recommend reminding people we are no longer in daylight savings time for this race. That's right people we are back to the time we are supposed to be at until I think April race. I really hate the clock changes. There only so much you can do about the confusion it causes but, hey at least you try.
 
$4 Million you could throw in a T-GT and nice rig too :)

Even if he only gets the 2 million of it's still nice deal.

4 mill or 2 mill might get me to rethink my current position. I already have a T-GT and a decent rig setup (Playseat) for my current situation (it must be movable and can be put away out of sight)
 
I did do some Black Friday shopping and brought home a new TV.

20191127_001036.jpg


Now me and @Infineon have to mount it on the my wall. Going with a Corner Full Motion TV Wall Mount.
 
Unfortunately pull me from a guaranteed position. I’ll be on reserve and if I can I’ll fill a spot if needed but don’t bank on me being there. Thanks.
 
I cannot confirm for this at this time. However, mark me tentative and if a spot is needed, by all means fill my spot. It’ll be my loss.

Unfortunately pull me from a guaranteed position. I’ll be on reserve and if I can I’ll fill a spot if needed but don’t bank on me being there. Thanks.

👍
 
I had seen I was in the top 16 that’s why I posted.

I know the race will not even be close to full so I didn't bother removing your name..sorry.
It's all good now.
 
We are 5 days away from our last race of the 2019 season and it's ending with an epic run at the Nurburgring 24h layout for 2.4 hours
I've been looking forward to this race since I made out the schedule back in January of this year.
This track will test everyone's skill and endurance as driver fatigue will most likely find it's way into every racer.
The 2.4hr race we did at Lamans last December gave everyone the opportunity to relax a little because of the many long straights la Sarthe has to offer. Racers will not get that luxury this time as the Nurburgring will keep you on the edge throughout 98% of the course.

Luckily the Nurburgring is not a boring place to race and I assume almost everyone will get spread out over this enormous layout during the 2.4 hour run. So running by yourself it's still going to be a huge challenge and will still require all of your mental focus.

I'm also very interested in seeing what cars everyone will choose now that the car list is open and everyone can choose whatever Gr.4 car they want.
I'm staying with the Porsche for this last race as I've raced the Porsche for every race we have done this year.
I am looking to switch Manufacturer's for next seasons Gr.3 & Gr.4 Manufacturer Endurance Race and maybe try something different but I'm not ruling the Porsche out completely.
A strict limit of 3 will be placed on each Manufacturer for use. Once that limit is reached then that Manufacturer will no longer be available. Once you have chosen your Manufacturer you are then required to stay with that Manufacturer for the entire season/year.

I hope everyone is still excited to run another complete season for 2020. Even though it looks like we might only have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 people who most likely want to race another year.
I will let everyone start choosing their Manufacturer for the 2020 season the following week after the Nurburgring race.
 
We are 5 days away from our last race of the 2019 season and it's ending with an epic run at the Nurburgring 24h layout for 2.4 hours
I've been looking forward to this race since I made out the schedule back in January of this year.
This track will test everyone's skill and endurance as driver fatigue will most likely find it's way into every racer.
The 2.4hr race we did at Lamans last December gave everyone the opportunity to relax a little because of the many long straights la Sarthe has to offer. Racers will not get that luxury this time as the Nurburgring will keep you on the edge throughout 98% of the course.

Luckily the Nurburgring is not a boring place to race and I assume almost everyone will get spread out over this enormous layout during the 2.4 hour run. So running by yourself it's still going to be a huge challenge and will still require all of your mental focus.

I'm also very interested in seeing what cars everyone will choose now that the car list is open and everyone can choose whatever Gr.4 car they want.
I'm staying with the Porsche for this last race as I've raced the Porsche for every race we have done this year.
I am looking to switch Manufacturer's for next seasons Gr.3 & Gr.4 Manufacturer Endurance Race and maybe try something different but I'm not ruling the Porsche out completely.
A strict limit of 3 will be placed on each Manufacturer for use. Once that limit is reached then that Manufacturer will no longer be available. Once you have chosen your Manufacturer you are then required to stay with that Manufacturer for the entire season/year.

I hope everyone is still excited to run another complete season for 2020. Even though it looks like we might only have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 people who most likely want to race another year.
I will let everyone start choosing their Manufacturer for the 2020 season the following week after the Nurburgring race.
Has tire wear been officialized yet. I help today or Thursday if it has not.
 
Tire wear is at X3 fuel is at x2
 
I already have my manufacturer picked out for next year. The manufacturer of my favorite Gr.3 car. Even with all the BOP neutering it has gotten. Plus one of my friends who makes really really good replica liveries has made quite a few the car. I plan to borrow some of them for our races.
 
Wasn't sure. Last I checked it you still had a question mark behind it.

Your right I did. I forgot about having the question mark beside it.

Those Settings should make it 4 to 5 laps between pitstops. I'm wanting 4 more than I am 5
 
I already have my manufacturer picked out for next year. The manufacturer of my favorite Gr.3 car. Even with all the BOP neutering it has gotten. Plus one of my friends who makes really really good replica liveries has made quite a few the car. I plan to borrow some of them for our races.

I have 3 Manufacturers I could choose from and be happy as a fly on poop.
Because I'm the one who sets all this up I've decided its only fair to everyone if I choose my Manufacturer last after everyone else.

Once I open up registration Manufacturers will be on a first come first serve basis for everyone else.
 
December 7th at 7:00pm EST 2.4 hours of the Nurburgring 24hr


This year we will be racing the Nurburgring 24 hour layout at Night for 2.4 hours or 16 laps on December 7th 2019

Early Race Start Time

Because this race is 2.4hr we will not be holding an official practice or qualifying session before the race.
We need that extra time to finish the 2.4hr event so the race will be over on time between 9:15pm to 9:30pm est.
I will open the lobby up early enough (6:30pm est) for everyone to join in before the race starts at 7:00pm est.

Starting order

Because there will be no qualifying session
Everyone who raced SPA will start the Nurburgring race in the position they finish SPA. With one catch the running order will be reversed. Below is a detailed description of the reversed starting order.

Official Starting Order
1. Cold Warriors
2. Infineon
3. Fastone371
4. Rinsky
5. Micantony
6. WhiteFlight1
7. SRT DK Racing
8. Venster
9. Standard_FV
10. Clean Racer
11. TexasJDC
12. TSR T5Black
13. Sheldonsuckz



This is the starting lineup in the correct order at this time. If for any reason someone decides not to run this event then everyone under that person will move up a starting position on the list. Anyone who is just joining us for this race will obviously be starting in the back with no qualifying session in place


No Gr.4 Car Restrictions

Because we are switching to both Gr.4 & Gr.3 cars next season I'm allowing any Gr.4 car to be used in our last race this year.
There will be no limit restrictions on any Gr.4 car. So race whatever Gr.4 car you like no matter how many people are also using it.

We have 4 different people testing out what the correct settings should be for this race.
I'm looking for our pit settings to be every 4 or 5 laps with a total of 17 laps overall to make it a 2.4hr race. Please keep an eye on the race settings over the next week incase we need to make adjustments.

Nurburgring Lobby Settings

Gr.4
2.4 hour endurance race
16 Laps
Limited Practice Session
No Qualifying Session
In game track time: Night
Fastest First = reversed grid set by host
BOP On with No Tuning.
All Gr.4 cars are open
Race Softs / Race Mediums / Race Hards
Fuel x2 & Tire wear x3
No Assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No Wall Penalties with Heavy Damage On
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted off
Grid Start

Emergency Breaks

Last year's 2.4hr race took its toll on a few people due to drivers fatigue. 2.4hr is no joke and almost everyone is going to feel some fatigue before its over.
If for whatever reason you need to take a break then just pull into the pits but do not make any selection on tires or fuel. You car will sit there until you are finished with your break and ready to make a selection.
​
 
Last edited:
I have 3 Manufacturers I could choose from and be happy as a fly on poop.
Because I'm the one who sets all this up I've decided its only fair to everyone if I choose my Manufacturer last after everyone else.

Once I open up registration Manufacturers will be on a first come first serve basis for everyone else.
Oh, I have quite other manufacturers that I like both cars enough that I could go with. Some of are probably better choices performance wise. Unfortunately my favorite Gr.4 car is not included for one of these manufacturers.
 
Emergency Breaks. A surprising amount of people don't know about it but, in open lobbies if you press pause (Options Button) while driving. The AI will takeover driving for you. There is a glitch that AI won't always activate properly at low speeds. I'm that's a surprise.

I don't recommend activating in a turn, right before a turn, or around other cars. Wait for a straightaway so the AI has time to register. The same deactivating it. The AI force the car to the best line when activated so that why don't activated around other cars.

If they pit for they will take on a full fuel load and I believe they switch to RH. So may not want to use it on your in lap.

As of performance they are about as fast a professional AI in Arcade Custom. Which they are slow at the Nurburgring 24h course so I recommend limiting use. But, You'll still lose less time than sitting.
 
I'm truly looking forward to this race. The Green Hell is always such a challenge in so many ways; it isnt for the faint of heart to do 2+ hours with heavy damage here, so those who accept the challenge are to be commended.
Just finishing the race is goal #1. I know this track and this format isn't for everyone, so i do hope we get good numbers/support to finish out the season.
I will do my absolute best effort to be there Saturday night.

Just another reminder that we are starting the race an hour earlier this month.


December 7th at 7:00pm EST 2.4 hours of the Nurburgring 24hr


This year we will be racing the Nurburgring 24 hour layout at Night for 2.4 hours or 16 laps on December 7th 2019

Early Race Start Time

Because this race is 2.4hr we will not be holding an official practice or qualifying session before the race.
We need that extra time to finish the 2.4hr event so the race will be over on time between 9:15pm to 9:30pm est.
I will open the lobby up early enough (6:30pm est) for everyone to join in before the race starts at 7:00pm est.
​

 
Emergency Breaks. A surprising amount of people don't know about it but, in open lobbies if you press pause (Options Button) while driving. The AI will takeover driving for you. There is a glitch that AI won't always activate properly at low speeds. I'm that's a surprise.

I don't recommend activating in a turn, right before a turn, or around other cars. Wait for a straightaway so the AI has time to register. The same deactivating it. The AI force the car to the best line when activated so that why don't activated around other cars.

If they pit for they will take on a full fuel load and I believe they switch to RH. So may not want to use it on your in lap.

As of performance they are about as fast a professional AI in Arcade Custom. Which they are slow at the Nurburgring 24h course so I recommend limiting use. But, You'll still lose less time than sitting.

I have never liked letting the AI drive my car and I really don't like trying to pass someone car being driven by AI. The AI in this game when in multiplayer are just some stupid drivers IMO. Passing an AI controlled car at Nurburgring is just asking for disaster. That's why I don't bring it up because I really don't want people to use that option because like I said it has a high probability of ruining someone's race.
I feel if you really need a break then pulling into the pits and sitting for a few is the best option for everyone.

I'm truly looking forward to this race. The Green Hell is always such a challenge in so many ways; it isnt for the faint of heart to do 2+ hours with heavy damage here, so those who accept the challenge are to be commended.
Just finishing the race is goal #1. I know this track and this format isn't for everyone, so i do hope we get good numbers/support to finish out the season.
I will do my absolute best effort to be there Saturday night.

Just another reminder that we are starting the race an hour earlier this month.


I'm also just looking to finish the race. I'm not going into the race this Saturday with the mindset of racing other people as the main goal.
I going into the race with the mindset of it's me against the track because for me the Nurburgring will be the toughest opponent on Saturday. Add in 2.4 hours with full damage at night and nobody should feel comfortable going into Saturday's race.

It's going to be a fun but very tough race for everyone and it's a combo you don't see come up but maybe once a year in other leagues so I was really disappointed to see so many people dropping out for this race. I was hoping people would be up for a serious challenge and test out those skills they have been working on all year. I will be very surprised if we have more than 8 people attempt this for race tomorrow night.
 
Last edited:
I've been thinking about possibly changing one setting for this race and that going from a Standing Start to a Rolling Start.
I'm just trying to reduce the chances of people getting damage within the first two corners at the start.
Everyone give me thoughts on this and that will determine what option we go with.

I'm also setting up the race at @Infineon house so we will both be on our Rigs side by side for this race. We have never tried this before but it should be it fun and a different experience. I won't have to use my mic to talk to him..lol
 
I won't be there but speaking from experience, a rolling start is always better but it depends on where it starts people on track. Sometimes part of the field is mid-corner when it goes green and they're at a disadvantage for how they can apply the gas right away compared to someone on a straight.

With the N24 I think it will go green after everyone is on the GP straight, but worth looking into.
 
I won't be there but speaking from experience, a rolling start is always better but it depends on where it starts people on track. Sometimes part of the field is mid-corner when it goes green and they're at a disadvantage for how they can apply the gas right away compared to someone on a straight.

With the N24 I think it will go green after everyone is on the GP straight, but worth looking into.

Wish there was an easy way to test this out without having a full lobby. I could try a custom race and see what happens.
 
Wish there was an easy way to test this out without having a full lobby. I could try a custom race and see what happens.

On the full layout I am pretty sure you will be fine with a rolling start. there is a long enough space between the last turn and the starting point of the race
 
Back