MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,823 views
I'll try to sign up

#55 in the Mercedes benz

Got you down.


I'll take a leap of faith and go with the Lambo ;)
# 46

Unfortunately i can already say i'll miss the january race

Got you down.


I'm allowing two drop races for the year because I know things come up and people have to miss its just part of life.
 
I would be tickled if I could join the 2020 MSN season please, sir. Car choice to follow

You are in sir.. just let me know when you decide on a Manufacturer.


Also I will allow anyone to change their Manufacturer choice up to the start of our January 4th race at Laguna Seca. Once qualifying starts for that event you will then be locked into the Manufacturer you start that race with for the year.
 
I had almost forgotten how technical Laguna Seca was.
I was doing some practice there yesterday and man you have to be spot on with your braking points because there is very little room to brake early or late in almost every corner and still get it right.
Then if you manage to get all that right but miss it on the last hairpin it completely ruins your entire lap.
Passing will be a handful here to if someone feels like making it hard on you.

It should be an intense Season Opener


So I keep flipping back and forth between Dodge & Ford as my Manufacturer. I just don't like the Gr.4 Mustang overall but it beat all the cars I tested at Laguna Seca yesterday and I sure didn't see that coming. Then I went to Brands Hatch in the Mustang and it was awful.
 
#197 Lexus (gr.3 2017)


Edit: hope I did this correct if not let me know and I will fix it

Yeah your fine.. you can also use any car under your chosen Manufacturer at any time.
So if you have two or three Gr.3 cars under Lexus then you are allowed to choose any of them for any Gr.3 race.
 
Yeah your fine.. you can also use any car under your chosen Manufacturer at any time.
So if you have two or three Gr.3 cars under Lexus then you are allowed to choose any of them for any Gr.3 race.
This is kind of unfair to Manufacturer's that don't have multiple cars.
 
Last edited:
Part of Racing. What racing series would allow one team to change their car model mid season but, not the another?

I don't meen that in that way I meen that as there will always be some aspect of racing that is unfair...when I was driving you could always tell the guy who dumped 10k in a motor vs the guys who ran a basic setup...just saying all aspects all gonna be like that no matter what you do.

I don't want to have a long drug out debate about it but it is like that anywhere.
 
I don't meen that in that way I meen that as there will always be some aspect of racing that is unfair...when I was driving you could always tell the guy who dumped 10k in a motor vs the guys who ran a basic setup...just saying all aspects all gonna be like that no matter what you do.

I don't want to have a long drug out debate about it but it is like that anywhere.

Amen if u can't beat them join them right since everyone has the same opportunity.
 
Everyone has free choice over what manufacturer they want to use so anyone is able to pick VW, Peugeot, Toyota etc which have multiple cars for different types of tracks if they want to.

Don’t forget Mazda has a new Gr.3 car coming in spring most likely, but that won’t fix their Gr.4 car
 
I'll be joining in the 2020 season with Aston Martin using #09. Let's do this!
Everyone has free choice over what manufacturer they want to use so anyone is able to pick VW, Peugeot, Toyota etc which have multiple cars for different types of tracks if they want to.

Don’t forget Mazda has a new Gr.3 car coming in spring most likely, but that won’t fix their Gr.4 car
I figured if I Pick a manufacturer with more than one car per class I would have to pick a car for the entire season. Being able to change depending on the track makes things totally different.

I'm switching to Toyota.
 
full

full
 
I don't meen that in that way I meen that as there will always be some aspect of racing that is unfair...when I was driving you could always tell the guy who dumped 10k in a motor vs the guys who ran a basic setup...just saying all aspects all gonna be like that no matter what you do.

I don't want to have a long drug out debate about it but it is like that anywhere.
I don't care about it that much from the point of view of myself. Bring a controller driver I don't expect to even place 3rd the championship. I'm just here to fun and try not to finish last.

Yes motor sports is about as unfair anything else in life but, there is a difference between the unfairness you can't control and the unfairness you can control. As the organizating body

Differences in driver skill or people making poor choices is the fault of the competitor. Not the organization's fault.

Allowing a rule that gives one person or team an advantage over another. That is the fault of the organizating body. And it doesn't work well long term.

Go ask WEC how well allowing Toyota a performance advantage over the rest of the LMP1 field went. The lost both fans and race teams.

In this case those with manufacturer's with more than one Gr.3 car the opportunity to switch to car better suited for the next track. While others don't get that opportunity.

Part point of a racing series is to test your car's ability against other throughout the season. The tracks suit you or your car that you circled on your calendar. And those tracks you'll be happy to just finish the race in something other than last place. It's part of the challenge of a race season.
 
This is kind of unfair to Manufacturer's that don't have multiple cars.

I don't see how because I made this known from the beginning and its even posted on the main page. Like others have said everyone has the ability to choose a Manufacturer with more than one car as I made sure of that by allowing 3 picks per Manufacturer.
It also makes the Series more fun for those who choose a Manufacturer with more than one car as they now have the ability to play around with those cars. Something that's not normally done in other leagues.

We are all here to have fun so just roll with it.
Plus you have Dodge as your Manufacturer..yes it only has 2 Viper's but they are both some of the strongest cars in the game. Yet none of the aliens picked Dodge and chose to take something else. I thought that was cool.


Edit: Even though it is known you can use any car at anytime thats under your Manufacturer the majority of players still took a Manufacturer with only 2 cars. This shows you that it's not viewed as an unfair advantage by everyone.

I took Ford at the moment and it has 3 cars but I seriously doubt I will ever use anything but the Mustang unless I just feel like doing something different for a race.



I have everyone else down and I will start updating the thread.. BTW we are now a full 16 for this new season.
 
Last edited:
I don't see how because I made this known from the beginning and its even posted on the main page. Like others have said everyone has the ability to choose a Manufacturer with more than one car as I made sure of that by allowing 3 picks per Manufacturer.
It also makes the Series more fun for those who choose a Manufacturer with more than one car as they now have the ability to play around with those cars. Something that's not normally done in other leagues.

We are all here to have fun so just roll with it.
Plus you have Dodge as your Manufacturer..yes it only has 2 Viper's but they are both some of the strongest cars in the game. Yet none of the aliens picked Dodge and chose to take something else. I thought that was cool.


Edit: Even though it is known you can use any car at anytime thats under your Manufacturer the majority of players still took a Manufacturer with only 2 cars. This shows you that it's not viewed as an unfair advantage by everyone.

I took Ford at the moment and it has 3 cars but I seriously doubt I will ever use anything but the Mustang unless I just feel like doing something different for a race.



I have everyone else down and I will start updating the thread.. BTW we are now a full 16 for this new season.

Agreed the driver has to wheel the car no matter how many he has. So if I'm a better driver it doesn't really matter how many cars you have in an hour and a half race I should still win. So it really doesn't matter to us who has more cars we know what we drive and just adapt @Herimopp89 is stupid fast in anything he drives.
 
Agreed the driver has to wheel the car no matter how many he has. So if I'm a better driver it doesn't really matter how many cars you have in an hour and a half race I should still win. So it really doesn't matter to us who has more cars we know what we drive and just adapt @Herimopp89 is stupid fast in anything he drives.

This is the way I viewed it. I haven't ever seen the same Manufacturer in the same class last say Gr.3 have multiple OP cars under that class. I don't believe it's a big deal at all or Manufacturer's like BMW ( nobody has picked) Toyota (again nobody has picked) would have been the first ones to fly off the shelves.
Its just all about if someone wanted to have fun in having the freedom for that option if they so choosed.

I believe @Herimopp89 could out drive me if he was made to go backwards...lol
 
This is the way I viewed it. I haven't ever seen the same Manufacturer in the same class last say Gr.3 have multiple OP cars under that class. I don't believe it's a big deal at all or Manufacturer's like BMW ( nobody has picked) Toyota (again nobody has picked) would have been the first ones to fly off the shelves.
Its just all about if someone wanted to have fun in having the freedom for that option if they so choosed.

I believe @Herimopp89 could out drive me if he was made to go backwards...lol

Actually @Nick Cannella is the backwards king lol (he won the only race we had)
 
This is the way I viewed it. I haven't ever seen the same Manufacturer in the same class last say Gr.3 have multiple OP cars under that class. I don't believe it's a big deal at all or Manufacturer's like BMW ( nobody has picked) Toyota (again nobody has picked) would have been the first ones to fly off the shelves.
Its just all about if someone wanted to have fun in having the freedom for that option if they so choosed.

I believe @Herimopp89 could out drive me if he was made to go backwards...lol

I was actually debating of taking Audi for the season but I have hardly ever run the gr3 mercedes at all. I appreciate all the kind words on my talent level but dont let that take away from any other driver in this series. There are multiple other fast drivers that are way better than me
 
Back