MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,787 views
Ok I didn't expect all this when I came back.

@bigbeefytaco I only have reserve spots open and you will be #2 on the reserve list as the race filled up quickly. I will add you to the list and send you notifications when a spot is available if you still want to race.

Ok no need to get in an argument over the Porsche.
@SRT DK Racing gets the Porsche as he is in the top 16 lineup.
I will also let the reserves drive what ever car they like as they won't be in the points chase and will just be filing in open spots so @bigbeefytaco can drive the Porsche also when he is able to get in.

ARL has done this exact same thing for me when I've jumped into their point races and allowed me to drive a car that's not available because I'm not in the points chase and I'm only there to have fun and fill in... I feel this is the best for everyone.
 
If for some reason a person drops out of the Points Series before the 3rd race of the season then the first reserve on the list will take that spot. At that point they will be made to pick a Manufacturer that is available.
We are allowed two drop races per person this year so you can still be in the points chase by missing the first two races in points.

I hope this helps settle any concerns on the issue.
 
Ok I didn't expect all this when I came back.

@bigbeefytaco I only have reserve spots open and you will be #2 on the reserve list as the race filled up quickly. I will add you to the list and send you notifications when a spot is available if you still want to race.

Ok no need to get in an argument over the Porsche.
@SRT DK Racing gets the Porsche as he is in the top 16 lineup.
I will also let the reserves drive what ever car they like as they won't be in the points chase and will just be filing in open spots so @bigbeefytaco can drive the Porsche also when he is able to get in.

ARL has done this exact same thing for me when I've jumped into their point races and allowed me to drive a car that's not available because I'm not in the points chase and I'm only there to have fun and fill in... I feel this is the best for everyone.
Why won’t I be in the points chase? What if there’s a scenario when there’s an open spot for me to participate in every race?
 
Everyone that races before a certain point (which seems to be race 3) should be racing for points, whether they’re a ‘reserve’ or not.

@Rinsky you should just allow 3 per manufacturer, whoever they are. There’s plenty of others to go around
 
I did a quick test with the two Toyota Gr. 4 cars and their lap timers are similar but it's where they make it. Certain tracks that don't require getting to top speed quickly and favor more turns will be good for the 86 and vice versa for the Supra.
 
I did a quick test with the two Toyota Gr. 4 cars and their lap timers are similar but it's where they make it. Certain tracks that don't require getting to top speed quickly and favor more turns will be good for the 86 and vice versa for the Supra.
I like the Supra but, I was hoping for more straightaway speed out of it with the 86 GT being a cornering car. But, the Supra doesn't seem to have as much aero washout around other cars as the 86 GT does.
 
Hey Mr. Rinsky, I would like to change my manufacturer from Honda to Renault Sport if available. That GT3 Honda would need to improve massively just to be awful. :yuck::yuck:
Rinsky not allowing the Megane Trophy this year. At least that's what he told me.

Yeah Honda is one those Manufacturer's for me. I like the one car but, not the other.
 
Last edited:
Rinsky not allowing the Megane Trophy this year. At least that's what he told me.

Yeah Honda is one those Manufacturer's for me. I like the one car but, not the other.

If the Trophy is off the table Toyota would be my next choice, I have run at least 300 laps at Laguna Seca with the 86 in the last 2 weeks, not quite as fast as the Trophy there but very close, about 5/10ths of a second difference for me. And the Toyota FT is pretty good there too

PS the Porsche shoulda been off the table too if the Trophy is, it is by far the most popular GT3 car and very, very fast. The only reason I didnt take Porsche is I am starting to despise that GT3 car, when racing lobbies half the field is filled with 911's every race, it seems like it's the only GT3 car a lot of people drive.
 
Yeah, the Trophy is nowhere near the best Gr.4 car except under very specific circumstances (IE short races with high enough tire wear that you can no stop when everyone else has to stop). No reason to ban it. The 86, 4C and Huracan are the dominant Gr.4 cars, like they’ve been for the last year or so.
 
If the Trophy is off the table Toyota would be my next choice, I have run at least 300 laps at Laguna Seca with the 86 in the last 2 weeks, not quite as fast as the Trophy there but very close, about 5/10ths of a second difference for me. And the Toyota FT is pretty good there too

PS the Porsche shoulda been off the table too if the Trophy is, it is by far the most popular GT3 car and very, very fast. The only reason I didnt take Porsche is I am starting to despise that GT3 car, when racing lobbies half the field is filled with 911's every race, it seems like it's the only GT3 car a lot of people drive.
The Megane Trophy really shouldn't be in this class. Doesn't meet GT4 regulations. Which is what the Gr.4 cars based on. Too many aero upgrades and then there is the drivetrain change from a FF to MR.
 
Why won’t I be in the points chase? What if there’s a scenario when there’s an open spot for me to participate in every race?

Everyone that races before a certain point (which seems to be race 3) should be racing for points, whether they’re a ‘reserve’ or not.

@Rinsky you should just allow 3 per manufacturer, whoever they are. There’s plenty of others to go around

Anyone who gets to race will receive points. I'm just saying don't expect to race every month because I can go either way.

Is my fault I didn't expect people to keep signing up after we were full.. this is not a problem we have had in a very long time and I just didn't work out something for this scenario.. I will figure out something and most likely it will not make everyone happy but it will be fair regardless.


Rinsky not allowing the Megane Trophy this year. At least that's what he told me.

Yeah Honda is one those Manufacturer's for me. I like the one car but, not the other.

He is right I wasn't going to allow that car in the same way it wasn't available to everyone last season and only handed out to make drivers better by learning that car. But....

Yeah, the Trophy is nowhere near the best Gr.4 car except under very specific circumstances (IE short races with high enough tire wear that you can no stop when everyone else has to stop). No reason to ban it. The 86, 4C and Huracan are the dominant Gr.4 cars, like they’ve been for the last year or so.

Ok I will take your advice and let this car back in.


If the Trophy is off the table Toyota would be my next choice, I have run at least 300 laps at Laguna Seca with the 86 in the last 2 weeks, not quite as fast as the Trophy there but very close, about 5/10ths of a second difference for me. And the Toyota FT is pretty good there too

PS the Porsche shoulda been off the table too if the Trophy is, it is by far the most popular GT3 car and very, very fast. The only reason I didnt take Porsche is I am starting to despise that GT3 car, when racing lobbies half the field is filled with 911's every race, it seems like it's the only GT3 car a lot of people drive.

Now I know you can race because we have only raced against eachother for the past two years. I trust your opinion and judgment.. so if you feel the Megane Trophy is an unfair advantage once we get into the season then we will revisit this issue.. I'm sure others will too
I will say this it will get blown away on the straights by almost every other Gr.4 car.


However I'm not allowing the Bugatti Gr.4 into this season. It has no Gr.3 counterpart and I'm not putting it with another brand
 
Anyone who gets to race will receive points. I'm just saying don't expect to race every month because I can go either way.

Is my fault I didn't expect people to keep signing up after we were full.. this is not a problem we have had in a very long time and I just didn't work out something for this scenario.. I will figure out something and most likely it will not make everyone happy but it will be fair regardless.




He is right I wasn't going to allow that car in the same way it wasn't available to everyone last season and only handed out to make drivers better by learning that car. But....



Ok I will take your advice and let this car back in.




Now I know you can race because we have only raced against eachother for the past two years. I trust your opinion and judgment.. so if you feel the Megane Trophy is an unfair advantage once we get into the season then we will revisit this issue.. I'm sure others will too
I will say this it will get blown away on the straights by almost every other Gr.4 car.


However I'm not allowing the Bugatti Gr.4 into this season. It has no Gr.3 counterpart and I'm not putting it with another brand

Looking at the schedule Brands Hatch and maybe Laguna are the only tracks where the Trophy will be of any use. The long straights at Fuji, Bathurst and Dragon Trail will negate its tire and fuel advantage.

The RS.01 is one of the best Gr.3 cars currently, but like the R8 and Huracan it is tricky to drive and needs to be mastered to get the full potential out of it
 
Looking at the schedule Brands Hatch and maybe Laguna are the only tracks where the Trophy will be of any use. The long straights at Fuji, Bathurst and Dragon Trail will negate its tire and fuel advantage.

The RS.01 is one of the best Gr.3 cars currently, but like the R8 and Huracan it is tricky to drive and needs to be mastered to get the full potential out of it

I think your right. @fastone371 is not an alien (not an insult) just as I'm not because we are both very closely matched in our racing. And out of the hands of an alien it becomes a competitive but not dominant car.
 
Is it too late to put my name in the bag?

No it is not.. you will however be the 3rd reserve on the list.
You can never count on a full lobby but you can't rule it out either so its impossible to say when or where you will get to race. If your fine with that the yes please sign up.
 
I think your right. @fastone371 is not an alien (not an insult) just as I'm not because we are both very closely matched in our racing. And out of the hands of an alien it becomes a competitive but not dominant car.

I went with Renault Sport mainly because of the GR3 car:D
My first choice is Renault Sport, 2nd choice Toyota. Whichever you guys decide is fair is good by me. Like @bloodyboyblue said, I am no alien, I don't expect to finish anywhere near the top 3 in points, if I had a podium next year I will be beyond pleased.
 
Looking at the schedule Brands Hatch and maybe Laguna are the only tracks where the Trophy will be of any use. The long straights at Fuji, Bathurst and Dragon Trail will negate its tire and fuel advantage.

The RS.01 is one of the best Gr.3 cars currently, but like the R8 and Huracan it is tricky to drive and needs to be mastered to get the full potential out of it

The downside to Audi is that miserable FWD GR4 car, I cant think of a more undesirable car to use.
 
The downside to Audi is that miserable FWD GR4 car, I cant think of a more undesirable car to use.
That's FWD for yah. All understeer all the time. If it wasn't for the FWD Gr.4 I would consider Peugeot as option. I the the Peugeot VGT is one of my favorite cars in Gr.3 along with Viper and the F1 GTR.

McLaren was a possible for me but, I went with Dodge because I have a friend who makes really good replica liveries for the Gr.3 car. Which intend to borrow a few for our races. I will have to request a number change since they are borrowed and run the original number of the livery.
 
Looking at the schedule Brands Hatch and maybe Laguna are the only tracks where the Trophy will be of any use. The long straights at Fuji, Bathurst and Dragon Trail will negate its tire and fuel advantage.

The RS.01 is one of the best Gr.3 cars currently, but like the R8 and Huracan it is tricky to drive and needs to be mastered to get the full potential out of it
I learned testing Fuji is bad on both your tires and fuel mileage. It might be the worst place we are going to for the Gr.4 class on tires. I thought Brands Hatch would take that prize.
 
Liveries done ready to wreck into the walls
4612338035341656580_0.jpg
 
I think I'm going to run something different I have ran the Aston for everything for a long time I know and love both cars but I would like to take the final Mercedes please

@Rinsky
 
I went with Renault Sport mainly because of the GR3 car:D
My first choice is Renault Sport, 2nd choice Toyota. Whichever you guys decide is fair is good by me. Like @bloodyboyblue said, I am no alien, I don't expect to finish anywhere near the top 3 in points, if I had a podium next year I will be beyond pleased.

I don't think there will be a problem with the Megane Trophy now that others are saying it's not like it was when it was first released.


The F1 GTR is king of the straights in class. I'm surprised more people didn't take them with this rule being allowed to change their cars in the manufacturer.

I really wanted the Viper to start off with but once you took it I decided on something different just because I've never raced the McLaren.
I was shocked to see how well the F1 does because like you said nobody picked it.
I have a learning curve to get through on the McLaren seeing as I've only been in the Porsche for the past two years with over 13 thousand miles on it.

Liveries done ready to wreck into the walls
View attachment 877537

Awesome job.


I think I'm going to run something different I have ran the Aston for everything for a long time I know and love both cars but I would like to take the final Mercedes please

@Rinsky

I will make the switch.
 
Back