MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,593 views
To, @Rinsky @Infineon @micantony
@Jw_wk1010 @GTP_Guido @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV
@DesertPenguin
@bigbeefytaco @Tall Paul @llNovall @Hygrade B

New Event Announcement

The Electric & Alternative Power Festival

An Earth Day inspired event contesting of 4 races. As look into the future of the automotive world. No I'm not stuck at home bored and looking excuses for race events.

Three races will be one make races. One for each of the 3 production electric cars in GTS. These being the BMW I3, the Tesla Model S, and the Porsche Taycan.

The 4th race will be mixed race between Gr.X class Electric, Fuel Cell, or Lazer Powered VGT Cars. You may choose for any of these four The Chaparral 2X VGT, Audi E-Tron VGT, Hyundai N 2025 VGT, Jaguar VGT Coupé

Realistic settings as usual. I'm not allowing tuning for this event. Most of these cars don't have great tuning options anyways.

If anything this event will give you an excuse to use some cars that are collecting dust in your garage.

Date And Time

Sunday April 26th

Lobby Opens: 6:30pm EDT
First Race: 7pm EDT

All Times Eastern Daylight Savings

More details in forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-electric-alternative-power-festival.389789/
 
Last edited:
To, @Rinsky @Infineon @micantony
@Jw_wk1010 @GTP_Guido @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV
@DesertPenguin
@bigbeefytaco @Tall Paul @llNovall @Hygrade B

New Event Announcement

The Electric & Alternative Power Festival

An Earth Day inspired event contesting of 4 races. As look into the future of the automotive world. No I'm not stuck at home bored and looking excuses for race events.

Three races will be one make races. One for each of the 3 production electric cars in GTS. These being the BMW I3, the Tesla Model S, and the Porsche Taycan.

The 4th race will be mixed race between Gr.X class Electric, Fuel Cell, or Lazer Powered VGT Cars. You may choose for any of these four The Chaparral 2X VGT, Audi E-Tron VGT, Hyundai N 2025 VGT, Jaguar VGT Coupé

Realistic settings as usual. I'm not allowing tuning for this event. Most of these cars don't have great tuning options anyways.

If anything this event will give you an excuse to use some cars that are collecting dust in your garage.

Date And Time

Sunday April 26th

Lobby Opens: 6:30pm EDT
First Race: 7pm EDT

All Times Eastern Daylight Savings

More details in forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-electric-alternative-power-festival.389789/

I will not be attending this event because I can't stand any of the EV's in this game or real life for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do but I'm not one of them and never will be.
 
I will not be attending this event because I can't stand any of the EV's in this game or real life for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do but I'm not one of them and never will be.
Not even the Porsche Taycan. If we can get cars like this I'm fine with the future. Leave it to Porsche to release 750 hp EV model for their first full electric.

It will be a sad day for you than if Ford ever makes a full changeover. Not that I see anytime happening anytime soon. Electric car technology just isn't there yet.

And I suppose you're not fan of the lazer powered Chaparral 2X either. Which is one of the most interesting VGT in my opinion.
 
Last edited:
Not even the Porsche Taycan. If we can get cars like this I'm fine with the future. Leave it to Porsche to release 750 hp EV model for their first full electric.

It will be a sad day for you than if Ford ever makes a full changeover. Not that I see anytime happening anytime soon. Electric car technology just isn't there yet.

And I suppose you're not fan of the lazer powered Chaparral 2X either. Which is one of the most interesting VGT in my opinion.

I rely on sound when racing in the game and or driving in real life. There is absolutely nothing more boring in the car industry than an all electric vehicle. I don't care how fast they can be it will never change the fact that all electric vehicles are soulless/lifeless machines and are made for people who view cars as transportation only.
 
I rely on sound when racing in the game and or driving in real life. There is absolutely nothing more boring in the car industry than an all electric vehicle. I don't care how fast they can be it will never change the fact that all electric vehicles are soulless/lifeless machines and are made for people who view cars as transportation only.
Like I said it will be a sad day for you if and when Ford ever makes a the full changeover. The trend of the electric car technology reminds me a lot of what happened with the steam engines in the 1940s and 50s. Even the weird experimental stuff. Eventually diesels and electric locomotives won out because they were cheaper and more efficient to operate.

With this being a more public change. It will happen more slowly but, once electric car technology gets to the point where it's benefits can't be ignored. Cars manufacturers will either have to make the change or be lifted behind. Failure to adopt has led the end of many companies.

By the way. Who needs 751 hp purely for transportation? You can maintain highway speeds with less than a quarter of that 751 hp.
 
Like I said it will be a sad day for you if and when Ford ever makes a the full changeover. The trend of the electric car technology reminds me a lot of what happened with the steam engines in the 1940s and 50s. Even the weird experimental stuff. Eventually diesels and electric locomotives won out because they were cheaper and more efficient to operate.

With this being a more public change. It will happen more slowly but, once electric car technology gets to the point where it's benefits can't be ignored. Cars manufacturers will either have to make the change or be lifted behind. Failure to adopt has led the end of many companies.

By the way. Who needs 751 hp purely for transportation? You can maintain highway speeds with less than a quarter of that 751 hp.


That change won't happen in my lifetime so I'm not really concerned about it. Plus EV's have a long way to go before they completely replace the combustion engine.

You can make a lawnmower with 700hp but that doesn't mean you're mowing the grass with it.
So a 700hp electric Porsche is just to show what can be done with EV's in the future but it's absolutely not practical for anything in today's world. That's why they are not selling many of them because it's more of a novelty item than anything useful.
I'm just never gonna be a fan of battery powered cars. Again the majority of people who are into those types of cars don't have any interest in anything other than getting from point A to point B.
 
Why? What's the big deal to you? Just curious, not here to defend them.
 
Why? What's the big deal to you? Just curious, not here to defend them.

I just don't like them or how they sound, drive or look. So when he mentioned his race coming up with all electric vehicle my response was.

"I will not be attending this event because I can't stand any of the EV's in this game or real life for that matter. I'm sure there are plenty of people who do but I'm not one of them and never will be."

Now conversation has made it this far. So I don't like EV's and I know Im not the only one who feels this way. Its really not that big of a deal.
 
Again the majority of people who are into those types of cars don't have any interest in anything other than getting from point A to point B.

Says someone who owns a crossover.
 
That change won't happen in my lifetime so I'm not really concerned about it. Plus EV's have a long way to go before they completely replace the combustion engine.

You can make a lawnmower with 700hp but that doesn't mean you're mowing the grass with it.
So a 700hp electric Porsche is just to show what can be done with EV's in the future but it's absolutely not practical for anything in today's world. That's why they are not selling many of them because it's more of a novelty item than anything useful.
I'm just never gonna be a fan of battery powered cars. Again the majority of people who are into those types of cars don't have any interest in anything other than getting from point A to point B.
Not in your lifetime? Okay when do you plan on dying? You're only 49. Unless you're lying about your age for some reason.

If you plan to work at Ford until retirement. Which guessing by my Dad's retirement. It's somewhere around 67 years ago. That's a good 18 years yet. A lot can happen in 18 years.

Most cars sold will be either hybrid or full electric by then. Even Nascar is talking about hybrid cars. And they still run 4 speed h-pattern gear boxes.
 
I feel the same as M . Rinsky about EV's. I think gas powered cars will be around for at least 50 years yet, they are going nowhere in a hurry. The proof is oil companies, they will not be run out of business that easily. EV's are also nothing new, they have been around for decades, the popularity is very slow to catch on.
 
Says someone who owns a crossover.

Well with two young kids that's to be expected but my crossover is also a 400 hp AWD 3.5L V6 TwinTurbo. It also has a nasty habit of embarrassing people off the line who think SUV'S are slow.

My other crossover is a Lincoln MKC Black Label and its 100% a pure luxury vehicle but its no slouch either pushing 300hp with a 2.0L AWD Turbo.

It just doesn't make any sense to own a 700+ hp Mustang Shelby GT500 only to try and put two car seats in the non existing rear seats.


I feel the same as M . Rinsky about EV's. I think gas powered cars will be around for at least 50 years yet, they are going nowhere in a hurry. The proof is oil companies, they will not be run out of business that easily. EV's are also nothing new, they have been around for decades, the popularity is very slow to catch on.

Exactly you get it. Money makes the world go around and the world run on oil right now. They have been making EV's in the US since the 30's that I know of. So that's 90 years and we are still using the combustion engine.
 
Not in your lifetime? Okay when do you plan on dying? You're only 49. Unless you're lying about your age for some reason.

If you plan to work at Ford until retirement. Which guessing by my Dad's retirement. It's somewhere around 67 years ago. That's a good 18 years yet. A lot can happen in 18 years.

Most cars sold will be either hybrid or full electric by then. Even Nascar is talking about hybrid cars. And they still run 4 speed h-pattern gear boxes.

I am 49 soon to be 50 this year. I have worked at Ford for 22 years and I can retire at 30 years of service with full insurance benefits and paid retirement for the rest of my life. Then my wife gets half of my retirement once I pass away for the rest of her life. All this means I'm retiring in 8 years at the age of 58.
 
Well with two young kids that's to be expected but my crossover is also a 400 hp AWD 3.5L V6 TwinTurbo. It also has a nasty habit of embarrassing people off the line who think SUV'S are slow.

My other crossover is a Lincoln MKC Black Label and its 100% a pure luxury vehicle but its no slouch either pushing 300hp with a 2.0L AWD Turbo.

It just doesn't make any sense to own a 700+ hp Mustang Shelby GT500 only to try and put two car seats in the non existing rear seats.




Exactly you get it. Money makes the world go around and the world run on oil right now. They have been making EV's in the US since the 30's that I know of. So that's 90 years and we are still using the combustion engine.

Doesn’t matter how much horsepower it has, every crossover sold is one more statistic showing manufacturers they don’t have to sell actual cars anymore. One more reason to go for the easy profit selling an inefficient compromised box. Every crossover sold is pricing people out of the new car market as manufacturers kill small affordable cars in favour of an easy profit. Ford is the worst culprit here, as they were the first to kill all of their small cars in this market, and that’s why they’ve earned my lifelong boycott. Crossovers are also the reason EVs are necessary because they’ve shown manufacturers that there’s no reason trying to actually develop combustion engines for efficiency.

And yes, I’ve driven an Explorer sport. No amount of acceleration and fake piped in V8 engine noises can muffle the rattles and squeaks from the plastic held together by glue. But I guess you work for Ford so making sure they earn the maximum profit benefits you. At least both of those vehicles are still built in US.

Ford has made sure that their employees have no choice but the wrong one anymore now they no longer make actual cars (other than the old Fusion) or minivans.

The real war isn’t gas vs electric, it’s car vs crossover, and people who actually enjoy driving and getting value for money are losing.
 
Last edited:
Doesn’t matter how much horsepower it has, every crossover sold is one more statistic showing manufacturers they don’t have to sell actual cars anymore. One more reason to go for the easy profit selling an inefficient compromised box. Every crossover sold is pricing people out of the new car market as manufacturers kill small affordable cars in favour of an easy profit. Ford is the worst culprit here, as they were the first to kill all of their small cars in this market, and that’s why they’ve earned my lifelong boycott. Crossovers are also the reason EVs are necessary because they’ve shown manufacturers that there’s no reason trying to actually develop combustion engines for efficiency.

And yes, I’ve driven an Explorer sport. No amount of acceleration and fake piped in V8 engine noises can muffle the rattles and squeaks from the plastic held together by glue.

You think Ford just woke up one day and said jeez let's not make cars anymore or do you think they made that determination based on nobody buying cars anymore? Americans like their big Trucks & SUVS and thank god they do because it has kept me employed for 22 years building the #1 selling vehicle of all time the F-series.

Look I'm not some Ford nut as they were never one of my favorite brands anyway but I get one hell of a discount on them so it would be completely stupid not to buy one at my price.
I will also give their vehicles praise when its deserved and I have no regrets or complaints on my Explorer Sport. It's been the best Ford I've ever owned. With 18k miles its has no squeaks rattles or any other problems and it definitely doesn't have a fake V8 sound being pumped into the cabin. It's the perfect vehicle to haul two kids around in and all their crap.

Once I retire and the kids are grown up then I will be on the hunt for my 911 GT3 RS laughing at everyone driving around in their electric vacuum cleaners.
 
You think Ford just woke up one day and said jeez let's not make cars anymore or do you think they made that determination based on nobody buying cars anymore? Americans like their big Trucks & SUVS and thank god they do because it has kept me employed for 22 years building the #1 selling vehicle of all time the F-series.

Look I'm not some Ford nut as they were never one of my favorite brands anyway but I get one hell of a discount on them so it would be completely stupid not to buy one at my price.
I will also give their vehicles praise when its deserved and I have no regrets or complaints on my Explorer Sport. It's been the best Ford I've ever owned. With 18k miles its has no squeaks rattles or any other problems and it definitely doesn't have a fake V8 sound being pumped into the cabin. It's the perfect vehicle to haul two kids around in and all their crap.

Once I retire and the kids are grown up then I will be on the hunt for my 911 GT3 RS laughing at everyone driving around in their electric vacuum cleaners.

It’s not that nobody was buying cars, it’s that crossovers are where the profit is, and plenty of people were willing to oblige. Mostly because they’re easy to get into and out of for the aging population. The Focus and Cruze were still selling in the six digits when they were discontinued.

Why would they sell a Focus for $20k when they can sell the same thing lifted a little bit and with a turbo and some leather and chrome as an Escape for $30k or an MKC for $40k?

The issue is that people in the market for a compact or subcompact like myself, especially a sport-oriented one, are having their options shrink by the year. We can’t affect the buying habits of the majority of people but we can affect where us enthusiasts who should know better spend our money.
 
Last edited:
As much as I like the Fusion and Fiesta, it makes sense for Ford to be doing what they're doing. The Japanese have been dominating the sedan market. Why continue spending time and money on models that generate a small fraction of your revenue. Makes more sense to devote all effort to the successful models.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/business/suv-sedan-detroit-fight.html
 
I am 49 soon to be 50 this year. I have worked at Ford for 22 years and I can retire at 30 years of service with full insurance benefits and paid retirement for the rest of my life. Then my wife gets half of my retirement once I pass away for the rest of her life. All this means I'm retiring in 8 years at the age of 58.
Retire at 58. Well a lot can happen in 8 years. My dad is not allowed to retire until he is 66 years and 8 months. When did you start at Ford?

By the way. Just because you can retire doesn't mean you should. So may people retire. Get bored and go back to work. Because they have no idea what to do with all that extra time.

I watched this happen to my friend's dad after he retired from trucking. Within a few months of retirement. He was complaining that he was bored. And started debating about going back. Somehow it led him and his wife to moving to Texas instead.
 
I feel the same as M . Rinsky about EV's. I think gas powered cars will be around for at least 50 years yet, they are going nowhere in a hurry. The proof is oil companies, they will not be run out of business that easily. EV's are also nothing new, they have been around for decades, the popularity is very slow to catch on.
Oh, yes the greedy oil companies. They do everything in their to stop electric cars from over. They oil companies will also cause their own downfall. Ever time they increase gas prices for that extra profit margin.

Despite the won't need to. Maybe oil won't be the top companies anymore (Except for Walmart). Oil will still be needed for plastic components needed for electrical equipment.

Hybrid cars have been a thing since a least the 1990s with only a handful of manufacturers. So technology growth was very slow.

The diesel engine was invented in the 1890s. It took until the 1930s for railroads to give diesel power recognition. Once some of the railroads started buying diesels. They started to the benefits of diesels.

In fact if it wasn't for WW2. Diesels would have replaced about a decade sooner. WW2 halted research.

You really think steam locomotive manufacturers and the big coal industries were on board with this.

Now that so many manufacturer's are are working on hybrid and electric cars. The technology can advance much quicker. The benefits will become more and more clear to the public. Just give it another decade.

What benefits? Tesla's charging stations are free. And they make some repairs to their cars without needing to physically touch the car. I don't see oil companies offering free gas anytime soon. And not many mechanics make personal house calls.
 
Oh, yes the greedy oil companies. They do everything in their to stop electric cars from over. They oil companies will also cause their own downfall. Ever time they increase gas prices for that extra profit margin.

Despite the won't need to. Maybe oil won't be the top companies anymore (Except for Walmart). Oil will still be needed for plastic components needed for electrical equipment.

Hybrid cars have been a thing since a least the 1990s with only a handful of manufacturers. So technology growth was very slow.

The diesel engine was invented in the 1890s. It took until the 1930s for railroads to give diesel power recognition. Once some of the railroads started buying diesels. They started to the benefits of diesels.

In fact if it wasn't for WW2. Diesels would have replaced about a decade sooner. WW2 halted research.

You really think steam locomotive manufacturers and the big coal industries were on board with this.

Now that so many manufacturer's are are working on hybrid and electric cars. The technology can advance much quicker. The benefits will become more and more clear to the public. Just give it another decade.

What benefits? Tesla's charging stations are free. And they make some repairs to their cars without needing to physically touch the car. I don't see oil companies offering free gas anytime soon. And not many mechanics make personal house calls.

Tesla wont be offering free charging if they ever become anything more than a niche brand and with the money you pay for them they should offer free charging.
 
I'm going to have to drop out of May 2nd race as I'm spending time with family. Enjoy the race this weekend and hopefully be back next month.
 
Besides Racer283 is everyone ready for our race Saturday. I presave the race settings like a week ago.
 
I'm also racing in IRS GT2 and ARL's one-off event after that so please let me know right away if the last spot opens up for me. At the moment we're working on delaying by a few minutes to make sure Herimopp and I can complete this race and still have time to qualify for IRS GT2.
 
I'm also racing in IRS GT2 and ARL's one-off event after that so please let me know right away if the last spot opens up for me. At the moment we're working on delaying by a few minutes to make sure Herimopp and I can complete this race and still have time to qualify for IRS GT2.
Rinsky handles the entire list. You'll have to him about that one.
 
That's why I mentioned it here. I'll tag him if it makes you feel better. @Rinsky.
 
That's why I mentioned it here. I'll tag him if it makes you feel better. @Rinsky.
I was just saying I can't help you with your problem. Since you care so much. Weether or not Rinsky answers you has little effect on me. So I feel perfectly fine. It's your choice how noticeable you want your post to be to Rinsky.
 
I will be at Fuji Saturday, I cant say that I am ready but I will be there
 
I was just saying I can't help you with your problem. Since you care so much. Weether or not Rinsky answers you has little effect on me. So I feel perfectly fine. It's your choice how noticeable you want your post to be to Rinsky.
So then why are you responding? I'm waiting for Rinsky, the owner of this thread and series, to reply to my message tagging him. I can try sending a message too but with his busy life I doubt he'll see that any sooner than a tag. It all depends on when he decides to take a look at this site and check his alerts. This is Rinsky's series right?
 
Back