MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,928 views
I don't know how many of you are watching have watched or are going to watch the FIA World Finals but all I can say is I'm overjoyed with the way we race in the Endurance Series.

I can't believe some of the dirty racing coming from the top drivers...dive bombs and all.
We have some of the most respectable drivers I've ever seen in this game or raced with in this game. Yes we do have some racing incidents from time to time but nothing compared to what I just witnessed in the FIA World Events.

It really puts things in perspective.
 
Because I don't know what car I will end up getting for next year I've been going through and creating livery's for different ones.
Here are 4 I've almost completed.

PS_Messages_20181021_233443.jpg
PS_Messages_20181021_233448.jpg
8503385512691925012_0.jpg
PS_Messages_20181119_180126.jpg
6053431636096222737_23.jpg


Working on the

Corvette
McLaren
Mustang

Next
 
Last edited:
Uhhh.. I thought I was using the Ferrari?

This year you are or just for LeMans but after that nobody has a car anymore and we will be doing a special car selection process on Dec 15th.
Have you not read all the post about it?
 
This year you are or just for LeMans but after that nobody has a car anymore and we will be doing a special car selection process on Dec 15th.
Have you not read all the post about it?
Yes, thats right. Le Mans is last race. Sorry. I only skim through periodically because i can't make most races.
 
Yes, thats right. Le Mans is last race. Sorry. I only skim through periodically because i can't make most races.

Yeah I know that's why I asked. Wasn't sure if something had changed.
 
My wheel broke today. If I can't get a new one before saturday, I'll most likely not race at Le Mans (Lexus will be available). Which wheel is the least noisy? Trustmaster T150, T300 or Logitech g29? I had an old wheel without force feedback so I guess any of those wheels will feel like a whole new experience. Right now i'm thinking about buying the T300 with the "good" pedals but I don't know if its worth 40% more than T150 with the "good" pedals (T300 is ≈ 400$, T150 ≈ 225$ & g29 ≈350$, all prices are with three pedals). Every advice is appreciated!
 
Hey everyone! Just want to be upfront about the December race. That Saturday night I will be attending the annual christmas party with my co-workers. All workplaces in Norway have this tradition every year and it's kind of the highlight of the workyear. If i make it home in time which I doubt, I will probably be a bit too intoxicated to race lol.

But I am already excited for next year's MSN racing!
 
My wheel broke today. If I can't get a new one before saturday, I'll most likely not race at Le Mans (Lexus will be available). Which wheel is the least noisy? Trustmaster T150, T300 or Logitech g29? I had an old wheel without force feedback so I guess any of those wheels will feel like a whole new experience. Right now i'm thinking about buying the T300 with the "good" pedals but I don't know if its worth 40% more than T150 with the "good" pedals (T300 is ≈ 400$, T150 ≈ 225$ & g29 ≈350$, all prices are with three pedals). Every advice is appreciated!
Don't you have a standard PS4 controller. It's different but, a least you can still race. You have a little over 5 days to practice with it.
 
Hey everyone! Just want to be upfront about the December race. That Saturday night I will be attending the annual christmas party with my co-workers. All workplaces in Norway have this tradition every year and it's kind of the highlight of the workyear. If i make it home in time which I doubt, I will probably be a bit too intoxicated to race lol.

But I am already excited for next year's MSN racing!

That's a bummer. I set the races up on the 1st Saturday of every month because there is almost never a holiday that falls on that day plus I knew come December most people will have plans around Christmas time. So is odd to see someone have a Xmas party on the 1st of December.

Have fun and see you next year.


My wheel broke today. If I can't get a new one before saturday, I'll most likely not race at Le Mans (Lexus will be available). Which wheel is the least noisy? Trustmaster T150, T300 or Logitech g29? I had an old wheel without force feedback so I guess any of those wheels will feel like a whole new experience. Right now i'm thinking about buying the T300 with the "good" pedals but I don't know if its worth 40% more than T150 with the "good" pedals (T300 is ≈ 400$, T150 ≈ 225$ & g29 ≈350$, all prices are with three pedals). Every advice is appreciated!

Someone on here will give you some good advice on a new wheel.
 
That's a bummer. I set the races up on the 1st Saturday of every month because there is almost never a holiday that falls on that day plus I knew come December most people will have plans around Christmas time. So is odd to see someone have a Xmas party on the 1st of December.

Have fun and see you next year.




Someone on here will give you some good advice on a new wheel.
The 4th of July in 2020 will be on Saturday. And don't forget Easter bunny is indecisive so that holiday moves around each year.
 
Those parties usually take place late November or early December, which I don't know why lol. I can definitely agree that the 1st Saturday makes a lot of sense, just pure unluck this time around.
 
My wheel broke today. If I can't get a new one before saturday, I'll most likely not race at Le Mans (Lexus will be available). Which wheel is the least noisy? Trustmaster T150, T300 or Logitech g29? I had an old wheel without force feedback so I guess any of those wheels will feel like a whole new experience. Right now i'm thinking about buying the T300 with the "good" pedals but I don't know if its worth 40% more than T150 with the "good" pedals (T300 is ≈ 400$, T150 ≈ 225$ & g29 ≈350$, all prices are with three pedals). Every advice is appreciated!

Thrustmaster T-GT
Fanatec csl elite
Logitech G29
Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T150

Havent tryid any off the thrustmaster wheels except the T500 which was awesome , just didnt like that the paddeles was in a fixed position , I only had the Fanatec wheel because I wanted to drive go-karts and the G29 isnt good for karting , all in all its a matter of how much money you are willing to use , iff I where you I would try and find the thrustmaster T-GT on sale or used , its by far the best wheel for GT Sport , but if you plan on using your wheel at other driving games , you should go for the fanatec ( I sold my fanatec because it seemed a bit to exspensive just having it for go-kart and it didnt make faster from using the G29 )
 
The 4th of July in 2020 will be on Saturday. And don't forget Easter bunny is indecisive so that holiday moves around each year.

Very true and that's why I made sure to say almost never because at some point it will happen.

Those parties usually take place late November or early December, which I don't know why lol. I can definitely agree that the 1st Saturday makes a lot of sense, just pure unluck this time around.

I wouldn't say unlucky you still get to drink with friends and that's always fun.
 
And most important . its for FREEEEEEEE , all the best things in life are for free , allmost , children arn`t for free , right Rinsky ? :rolleyes:

Oh do you ever have that right and here I used to think my hobbies were expensive.
 
Don't you have a standard PS4 controller. It's different but, a least you can still race. You have a little over 5 days to practice with it.

I do but it doesn't feel right to go back to a standard controller after having used a wheel

Thrustmaster T-GT
Fanatec csl elite
Logitech G29
Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T150

Havent tryid any off the thrustmaster wheels except the T500 which was awesome , just didnt like that the paddeles was in a fixed position , I only had the Fanatec wheel because I wanted to drive go-karts and the G29 isnt good for karting , all in all its a matter of how much money you are willing to use , iff I where you I would try and find the thrustmaster T-GT on sale or used , its by far the best wheel for GT Sport , but if you plan on using your wheel at other driving games , you should go for the fanatec ( I sold my fanatec because it seemed a bit to exspensive just having it for go-kart and it didnt make faster from using the G29 )

The TM T-GT is way too expensive, Fanatec also. Will probably buy a T150 later today since it's the cheapest. Why spend money when you can have fun for free?
 
My wheel broke today. If I can't get a new one before saturday, I'll most likely not race at Le Mans (Lexus will be available). Which wheel is the least noisy? Trustmaster T150, T300 or Logitech g29? I had an old wheel without force feedback so I guess any of those wheels will feel like a whole new experience. Right now i'm thinking about buying the T300 with the "good" pedals but I don't know if its worth 40% more than T150 with the "good" pedals (T300 is ≈ 400$, T150 ≈ 225$ & g29 ≈350$, all prices are with three pedals). Every advice is appreciated!

From what I heard from some folks that own the T300, they have issues with it randomly selecting button controls on it's own during a race.
Iv own a T150 (2 pedals) since last February, and so far it's disconnected on me only one time during a race. It happened last month at Willow Springs. It's the only wheel iv owned yet, so I can't really give you an answer on how noisy it is by comparison. But when me and Rinsky are in party chat, he says he can hear my force feedback in the background LoL
 
Last edited:
I own the T300 RS and it certainly selects buttons from time to time. Even the menu button lol. Annoying for sure but it happens rarely. What happens more often is it can change brake bias and fuel map by itself a lot. So i usually don't leave the BB or FM visible.

What do you mean noisy though? When starting it up or when using it? @Standard_FV
 
Standard FV, another thing to consider if getting a T150 is it's clamp only. If you wish to hard mount it, you'll need to get a aftermarket hard mount adapter. Ricmotech is where I got mine.
 
I own the T300 RS and it certainly selects buttons from time to time. Even the menu button lol. Annoying for sure but it happens rarely. What happens more often is it can change brake bias and fuel map by itself a lot. So i usually don't leave the BB or FM visible.

What do you mean noisy though? When starting it up or when using it? @Standard_FV

FYI: i seem to have fixed my random button issues somehow (at least i havent had one in a long time).
I performed 2 tasks:
1. updated to the latest firmware
2. tightened the little screws on the back of the wheel where the connector is. And made sure the wheel itself was on the base tight (the sleeve you twist on).

did them both at the same time, so no idea which might've helped. Worth a shot to you T300 users who experience this issue as i did in GTSport. I dont think it's a static electricity issue as many have claimed in the discussion thread as i didnt change anything else with my rig and it has gone away the past 2 months :::fingerscrossed:::
 
Yep that fixed my t300 random button pushes, I also did both fixes at the same time so not sure what did it but I haven’t had a random button push since.

That said I’m close to buying a TGT
 
Purchased a T150 for $200 with pro pedals. The pedals are really good, the wheel feels great and the noise level is lower than what i thought. Thanks for the massive support and fast help from @Cold Warrior @SRT DK Racing @Rinsky @Infineon @micantony @Venster (sorry for taging you guys but I'm learning the features of this website:mischievous:). Also I have two questions for the race at Le Mans, are we doing 2 or 3 hours? Are we racing the layout with chicanes?
 
Also I have two questions for the race at Le Mans, are we doing 2 or 3 hours? Are we racing the layout with chicanes?


We are doing 33 laps and that should put it right around 2.4 hours. We are running the layout with Chicanes.
 
This is the Official Race Information for this Saturday December 1st 2018

This is your starting lineup for the 2.4hr of LeMans.
Positions 1 thru 10 are the finishing positions from the previous race and then reversed. Positions 11 thru 16 are people who did not race the previous month and are based on the order they signed up.

1. Jaguar - Infineon
2. Lamborghini - Cold Warrior
3. Porsche - RINSKY
4. Viper - racer233
5. Toyota - DirtenDK
6. NSX - micantony
7. Corvette - MrRacingline
8. Lexus- Standard_FV
9. Mégane Trophy - Venster
10. Megane Gr.4 - Cooper2K
11. Citroen - fastone371
12. Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
13. Ferrari - Clean Racer
14. Alfa 4C - ConfusedAtNight
15. GTR - Alpha Cipher
16. BMW - Buraspo


People on the list who have confirmed they will not make the December Race

Vantage - WhiteFlight1 - Out for Dec
RCZ - Bloodyboyblue - Out for Dec
McLaren - im2fst4u55
Mustang - DesertPenguin


Please remember there will be no qualifying before the race on Saturday


Lobby opens a half hour earlier than normal so make sure your in the lobby and ready to go because the race will start on the hour.

6:30 pm EST Eastern Standard Time
5:30 pm CST Central Standard Time
4:30 pm MST Mountain Standard Time

UK
11:30 am CET Central European Time
11:30 am BST British Standard Time

Universal
10:30 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated


Racing will begin at

7:00
pm EST Eastern Standard Time
6:00 pm CST Central Standard Time
5:00 pm MST Mountain Standard Time

UK
12:00 am CET Central European Time
12:00 am BST British Standard Time

Universal
11:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

All times are US. Daylight Savings Eastern Standard Time. Use New York as the city if you need to.


2.4 hour endurance race
33 laps
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: La Sarthe with Chicanes
In game track time: 7:00
Grid is set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Hards / Race Med / Race Softs
Fuel X2 & Tire wear X2
No assist but ABS
Damage on Heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Grid Start​
 
Last edited:
@micantony: Thanks, I think I do need a pc to update the firmwear right? Do you mean the twist thing that comes with the wheel? I have the Playseat Challenge so I only used ordinary screws to fit it to the stand.
 
Back