MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,930 views
Tempted to do the race with the DS4 tonight, 2.4 hours on the sofa seems more appealing than in my rig :lol:

Also finally taken the plunge and have a TGT being delivered next week 👍
 
Last edited:
Traels and i are streaming the IGTL on Half The Race Gone:

We'd like to race tonight as a split seat, if that's ok with you all? We'll also be streaming so there'll be some live driver change action going on :D
 
We'll also be streaming so there'll be some live driver change action going on

That will cool to watch after the race tonight and hear the commentary. I was watching a little bit of the IGTL race going on right now and both you do a great job with it.
 
I really thought I would be able to make it this month but things don't always go the way you want. I'll be giving up my spot for this months race.
 
I guess its ok that I take the Vantage for todays race ?

Yes

Traels and i are streaming the IGTL on Half The Race Gone:

We'd like to race tonight as a split seat, if that's ok with you all? We'll also be streaming so there'll be some live driver change action going on :D


That's fine with me.
 
When do You Send invite to lobby ?
Updated - just received my answer , thx.
 
I will open the lobby soon. I have some Severe Thunderstorms moving through the area right now and I'm waiting for them to pass.
 
Lobby is open. Race starts on the hour

0475-4275-5835-5187-6164
 
Won't be able to attend the lobby, something urgent came up
Really sorry :(
 
Got disconnected due to power outage. Made way too many mistakes to be able to race for podium or even tenth place for that matter. Didn't really practice for this race, wasn't able to drive consistently and I couldn't get a good flow with the Lexus even though it felt kinda fast on this track. Looking forward to the next season!
 
Great race guys. My apologies to DirtenDK for the contact. He had a shot at a higher podium spot.

I had a lot of fun and people drove really well in this race. Thanks @Rinsky for hosting this event and all of the others too. Great job.
 
Last edited:
Great race guys. My apologies to DirtenDK for the contact. He had a **** at a higher podium spot.

I had a lot of fun and people drove really well in this race. Thanks @Rinsky for hosting this event and all of the others too. Great job.
No worries, i also had a couple of love taps during the my first stint - hope i didn't cause too much harm. In the end, we (@Traels and I, who did a split-seat race today) got the car home on the podium, which was i think was a good result with the 86 on this track :)

Thx to @Rinsky and the organizing team for putting together this great series, it's been a lot of fun this season! :)

Btw the split-seat thing is HUGE fun - i can only encourage others to get together and race. If we can gather enough people that live close to each other, such a race would surely be a blast :D
 
Well done on the prediction of 33 laps @Rinsky.
At 2.4 hours @buraspo was hitting the mulsanne corner on the final lap. Well done putting this thing together and great drive by buraspo. Congrats 👍.

Personally, I made an early mistake where I stupidly mistimed my braking after drafting down the mulsanne and collected ColdWarrior during my spin At the first chicane (he got caught between DirtenDK and myself both going off at that corner).
After that incident i regained focus and managed to make a 2 stop strategy work. With a lot of massaging, i could just make 11 laps on RS and Fuel without losing too much time. The long pitstops at LeMans made it work out and it really propelled me forward as the race went on.
I enjoyed this extra long enduro.
I’m glad i practiced with penalties though, because this track still has some odd ones that can bite you (no idea what the deal is with the right hander entering Indianapolis :confused::boggled::odd:). I dont mind the other ones too much as it keeps everyone honest on this track, but they are very strict in some spots and i got a few during the race as it appears most everyone did.

These enduro’s are great fun. Nice racing with everyone this season. :cheers:
 
Sorry I left , but my back didnt want me to drive anymore , it tryid to tell me allready at the start , but stuborn me wouldnt listen , wish I should have done , because its payback time today apparently , nonetheless I hope you all had a fun LOOOOONG race :)
 
Thanks everyone for a good race, not sure I will use the ds4 again my hands were in agony after that long and I couldn’t wait for the race to end. Still enjoyed it though.

As I expected the trophy was not competitive here, there wasn’t any car that I could keep up with along the straight. Even with the best exit and slip stream everyone would just pull away from me.

Never mind still enjoyable, I’m not too good at le Sarthe to be honest those longs straights, couple of times I completely zoned out and completely forgot about the upcoming chicanes :lol:

Hoping for a car change next season 👍

Thanks for the great season of racing looking forward to next year, thanks @Rinsky for organising it all. :cheers:
 
Sorry I left , but my back didnt want me to drive anymore , it tryid to tell me allready at the start , but stuborn me wouldnt listen , wish I should have done , because its payback time today apparently , nonetheless I hope you all had a fun LOOOOONG race :)
Ah, sad to hear - you were running strongly in the Aston, looked like a sure podium finish. HĂĄber ryggen er ok! :)
 
I want to start of by saying thank you to everyone that made this series a success over the 2018 season. It's truly been an honor to learn and race with some incredible people.

What a great 2.4hr race we had last night. I thought everyone would separate at some point and it might become boring but to my surprise we all stuck together and had a few people to race the entire time.
It should come as no surprise now that I like starting in the back and winning is not my top priority. I like the challenge of working my way up so I can only imagine how incredible it must have felt for @buraspo to start in the back with me but win the race. In the BMW that's been on the available car list almost all year.. I Envy You..Great Job

These endurance races are a different animal compared to anything else GTS has to offer and take a completely different approach to racing. Just like real racing it takes a stamina & mental preparation to compete. They also take an actual physical toll on your body as everyone felt last night.

Racing @Venster last night was bitter sweet. On one hand it was nice to give that Megane Trophy a taste of its own medicine but at the same time I knew it was the car struggling and not the driver. Nevertheless he would race you hard until you pulled away. My car also suffered from being slower than others as that damn Lamborghini would constantly make up ground on me during those long straights. As it closed up a 6 second gap on me in the final two laps but I somehow crossed the finish line with less than a second separating us.

I took home a hard fought 5th place finish after starting the race in the last position 12th. Made it up to 3rd at one point but I knew that wasn't going to last as pitstops were long here and you would easily drop 5 spots every time you stopped. I kept my nose clean only bump drafting when it was in my favor. Pick up a few penalties along the way but nothing major and I made one restroom break letting the AI take over for a short time but lost no spots.

Again what a great race and I'm very impressed with how everyone handled their braking points running together at top speeds. I'm also impressed we had 12 people willing to endure a 2.4hr race. It makes me very happy with my decision to drop all other projects I had going on just to focus on this Endurance Series only.

I have much of the 2019 season schedule already filled out and I hope everyone will join us again for another year of great 1.5hr endurance racing.

Happy Holidays everyone.
 
Last edited:
I saved the replay so I will take some photos when I get time and I will also try and upload the replay if it will let me.

After reviewing some of the replay this morning I did see a few incidents of people trying to pass going into the chicane's before and after the mulsanne straight resulting in accidents and major damage starting around lap 6 to 8 in a 33 lap 2.4 hr race.

The exact thing my post before the race warned everyone about. With over 2 hr of the race left those were just very unnecessary risk to take that resulted in people being taken out and limping back to the pits to repair the damage.
The incidents were people going in to hot trying to make the pass stick at the second then losing control of the car as they spun out collecting others along the way.

I can't stress enough that these races are very long and that there is no need to push the limits so early in a race. Because we have so much time to make up ground you should slow down size up your opponent and make a safe clean pass where you are better or faster.

I have always promoted clean racing and going into the 2019 season I'm going to start enforcing that rule. I understand accidents happen and sometimes things will not go our way. But I want to see people making smart decisions and not pushing the limits so early on in a race when so much is at stake. 1.5hr or 2.4 hr is a long time to run with no chance of a decent finish because someone took you out in the first 10 minutes of the race.

Here is the final Results of the 2.4hr at LeMans
PS_Messages_20181203_180150.jpg
 
Yeah as far as the Trophy it's like they say, live by the sword, die by the sword.;)

Definitely! I’ve reaped the benefit of the trophy it was time to take the pain :lol:

Wasn’t just the car I made plenty of mistakes and picked up many silly penalties but that was mainly me trying to push anywhere I could because it was so slow down the straights.

Hoping to change next season though, anyone interested the TGT turned up today, only very brief 3 laps of nations at GR3 Interlagos but wow is it a good wheel, feels so different to t300 need some more time with it to get more familiar. Still managed a 1.29.8 with it in those 3 laps though so not bad with a new wheel.
 
Definitely! I’ve reaped the benefit of the trophy it was time to take the pain :lol:

Wasn’t just the car I made plenty of mistakes and picked up many silly penalties but that was mainly me trying to push anywhere I could because it was so slow down the straights.

Hoping to change next season though, anyone interested the TGT turned up today, only very brief 3 laps of nations at GR3 Interlagos but wow is it a good wheel, feels so different to t300 need some more time with it to get more familiar. Still managed a 1.29.8 with it in those 3 laps though so not bad with a new wheel.

Do you think your TGT will actually improve your lap times or is it just a better feel??
 
Hope to get the same feeling, i'm also expecting my T-GT, i don't expect to be much more faster but mainly to take more pleasure and confort while battling with another pilot, being able to keep a line more surely...

@fastone371 i had the DFGT on GT6 and i was actualy faster with it, but i guess everyone has different feelings between pad and wheel
 
Do you think your TGT will actually improve your lap times or is it just a better feel??

It has a much better feel to it, now whether that leads to me having better lap times is questionable. I bought the wheel for more enjoyment for myself not to improve my times. It’s still early days with the wheel but it feels great and I can see it helping me to improve, but it’s certainly not going to turn me into an alien alone.

It really is the case that alien pace can be found with any equipment, that could be controller or wheel. I can’t compare it to other wheels as I’ve never used them, all I can say compared to the T300 which in itself is a very good wheel it does feel like a massive improvement and feel, weight, build quality are all very good.
 
It has a much better feel to it, now whether that leads to me having better lap times is questionable. I bought the wheel for more enjoyment for myself not to improve my times. It’s still early days with the wheel but it feels great and I can see it helping me to improve, but it’s certainly not going to turn me into an alien alone.

It really is the case that alien pace can be found with any equipment, that could be controller or wheel. I can’t compare it to other wheels as I’ve never used them, all I can say compared to the T300 which in itself is a very good wheel it does feel like a massive improvement and feel, weight, build quality are all very good.

Even though I suck with my Fanatec I am faster than when using the DS4, most of the time. Certain track/car combos I can be faster with the DS4, like last weeks daily weekly A race with an Audi at Tokyo, I think it's the magic PD puts into the DS4 that makes the difference.
 
Dont know iff any off you know who GTA_Tidgney is , but he went from G29 to fanatec and not so long after to the T-GT and he says that the T-GT is easier to drive with and has made him about 1/2 sec faster on a lap , on what track he refered to I cant remember , - regarding to who GTA_Tidgney is I can say that he was in the worldfinal in monaco and iff you dont follow his youtube channel you realy should , its called Tidgneyracing , he has just begun making video`s about braking throttle etc , everything you need to know that should end up in you getting faster , as I recall there will be 12 episode`s ......
 
Even though I suck with my Fanatec I am faster than when using the DS4, most of the time. Certain track/car combos I can be faster with the DS4, like last weeks daily weekly A race with an Audi at Tokyo, I think it's the magic PD puts into the DS4 that makes the difference.

I’ve been using controller for years so I’m pretty decent with it, my times with DS4 were decent so when I changed to a wheel actually took me quite a while to match them and longer to beat them, wasn’t a natural on the wheel that I thought I would be.

There are definitely situations which favour a wheel and some a controller. And I’m sure there are controller users that do improve on a wheel for sure.

PD have certainly made this game controller friendly which is good, but likewise if it’s something say anything GR4 I don’t usually have much problem matching wheel time with a controller. But it’s all about enjoyment, wheel makes it so immersive.

I didn’t buy the TGT to make me faster it’s was for enjoyment, initially when I bought the T300 I didn’t want to spend too much and couldn’t justify the TGT, but now I know how much I do enjoy it I can warrant the purchase more so went for it.
 
Dont know iff any off you know who GTA_Tidgney is , but he went from G29 to fanatec and not so long after to the T-GT and he says that the T-GT is easier to drive with and has made him about 1/2 sec faster on a lap , on what track he refered to I cant remember , - regarding to who GTA_Tidgney is I can say that he was in the worldfinal in monaco and iff you dont follow his youtube channel you realy should , its called Tidgneyracing , he has just begun making video`s about braking throttle etc , everything you need to know that should end up in you getting faster , as I recall there will be 12 episode`s ......

Definitely am aware of Tidgney, great help to community and watch all his stuff.

I suppose if you look at in the respect that the TGT is the official wheel for GTS so it’s bound to have had to most time spent optimising for it, so could well be the case.
 
Back