MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I should also remind everyone that your finishing positions for this race will be your starting position for next months 2.4hr at La Mans.

This will allows us to use the time that's normally for qualifying for racing instead so the 2.4hr race will still end at the normal time on that day.

So the racing tomorrow will probably be a little more intense as people try to secure a good starting position for the next race.

We also have a returning player joining us for tomorrow's race that's sure to give the leaders a good battle all race long.

but now the top 10 has been reversed , not fair in my world ?

but now the top 10 has been reversed , not fair in my world ?

It's a 2.4hr race so I would like to see some racing going on and forcing the fast guys to race some people for awhile is much better than putting them up front where they will instantly pull away from everyone eles and drive around alone for over two hours.

This was my plan from the beginning and it's not uncommon to reverse the grid.

It's a 2.4 hour race with many pit stops. We're gonna get spread out no matter what.

Edit: Gonna try and make this by Saturday:

carwow-lemans-ford-mustang-logo.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 2.4hr race so I would like to see some racing going on and forcing the fast guys to race some people for awhile is much better than putting them up front where they will instantly pull away from everyone eles and drive around alone for over two hours.

This was my plan from the beginning and it's not uncommon to reverse the grid.

I know what your trying to do , iam just refering to what you yourself wrote , and like desertpenguin wrote , its a 2.4 hour race , so no matter what the field will be spread out , but my main concern just is that I had looked forward to not beeing in to much danger off getting damage in the start , as I am now having faster drivers behind and "slower" ppl in front off me

I know what your trying to do , iam just refering to what you yourself wrote , and like desertpenguin wrote , its a 2.4 hour race , so no matter what the field will be spread out , but my main concern just is that I had looked forward to not beeing in to much danger off getting damage in the start , as I am now having faster drivers behind and "slower" ppl in front off me

Just have fun with it because it won't be that bad. I'm dropping to the back of the grid like I always do and I'm sure Infineon will too so that's two spots you will jump up. You will have two guys behind you that know how to drive and won't make some stupid mistakes.

Its more about the car here than the driver and your car is fast down those long straights. Some of the faster guys were going to be behind everyone anyway as they didn't race last month.
Again with this long of a race nobody should be taking any unnecessary risk within the first two laps. Once the race gets settled in then those faster cars should have no problem slowly picking up positions with less risk involved.
I'm very confident after seeing how everyone has handled the starting of the last 4 races that there will be zero issues.

@micantony: Thanks, I think I do need a pc to update the firmwear right? Do you mean the twist thing that comes with the wheel? I have the Playseat Challenge so I only used ordinary screws to fit it to the stand.

Yes, you will need a PC to download the installer from Thrustmaster and update the firmware from there.
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/
Regarding the sleeve, i am referring to the thing you twist to secure the wheel rim itself to the T300 base module (not your rig). Where you can swap out different rims. there is a connector in there between the rim and the T300 base, i tried to get everythign as tight as i could (screws are small, so i just tightened a little as to not strip them).
if you want more details, send me a private Message so as not to clutter up this thread. 👍
i can take pictures :dopey:

I won't make it for the race guys! It's going to be my first birthday party where I can go go-karting! Yay! (Because Canada, haha) So I'll be getting the real stuff at our new indoor go-kart track.

Since 1 just left , can I join ?
I always race to the end unless it never ends.

As of right now I still have 16 drivers signed up for tomorrow and that's a full lobby.

I can add you to the list as there is always a Strong possibility someone else will just not show up but I'm not promising you that will happen. Your chances of getting in are high though.

Here is the list of Available Gr.4 cars

RCZ
BMW
Scirocco
Lancer
Subaru
Mercedes
Audi
McLaren
Vantage

Pick one of those and leave me your PSN.

As of right now I still have 16 drivers signed up for tomorrow and that's a full lobby.

I can add you to the list as there is always a Strong possibility someone else will just not show up but I'm not promising you that will happen. Your chances of getting in are high though.

Here is the list of Available Gr.4 cars

RCZ
BMW
Scirocco
Lancer
Subaru
Mercedes
Audi
McLaren
Vantage

Pick one of those and leave me your PSN.
I can't make it so he can have my spot.

Šame aš here .
Psn - buraspo
I'll Send You now,omw
P.S. just Sent , I is an L į got it :)

I can't make it so he can have my spot.

There you go @buraspo you are definitely in.
I'm expecting one more person to drop out or not show up. Everyone else will be there so we will have a lobby of 15 unless I decide to pick up one more person to make it a full 16.

Hello Rinsky, i've been cruising with MrRacingline and he mentionned me this race, if there's still a spot open i'd be happy to join,
Let me know, also which car to take if i'm in.
Cheers

Hello Rinsky, i've been cruising with MrRacingline and he mentionned me this race, if there's still a spot open i'd be happy to join,
Let me know, also which car to take if i'm in.
Cheers

As I told buraspo there is a chance someone else will not race today but nobody left on the list has notified me about it.
You can pick a car available on the list and I will add you into the race should someone not show up.

Available Gr.4 cars
RCZ
Scirocco
Lancer
Subaru
Mercedes
Audi
McLaren
Vantage

Last edited:
Only if docbrown40 doesn't want it because he asked to pick a car before you just did.

Hie,
I realised i mixed up the time zone anyway, it'll be evening for me and i have saturday night plans, so SRT DK Racing can have it ;)
Have a good race,
Don't hesitate to let me know about other events, i can fill in if there's a spot open.
My psn is docbrown40, i think i found the good Rinsky account and send a friend request to you.
Cheers

Hie,
I realised i mixed up the time zone anyway, it'll be evening for me and i have saturday night plans, so SRT DK Racing can have it ;)
Have a good race,
Don't hesitate to let me know about other events, i can fill in if there's a spot open.
My psn is docbrown40, i think i found the good Rinsky account and send a friend request to you.
Cheers

Ok sorry you can't make it but I will let you know about all of next year's racing once we compete this LeMans event.

I didn't get the friend request so I'm sending you one. I have two active accounts one I played GT6 and other games on that still has DLC that is used by me and Infineon so I created a new account just for GTS when I got it. Both look almost identical but are spelled differently to achieve the same look. Confusing I know.

Edit. I did receive your friend request.

24lemans.jpg
lemans.jpg

I want everyone to remember that today's race is 33 laps and 2.4hr long with Heavy Damage. Everyone should use common sense within the first couple of laps and not drive aggressively especially going into the chicane's down those long back straight's. Cars will be in the draft on cold tires and people will be running all 3 compounds so braking points will be different along with cars skating around under full braking at those speeds.
So it's here that most people hit each other being to aggressive.
Also some cars are going to be faster than others while everyone is bunched up going down those straights and it will be easy to convince yourself that passing multiple cars as you've reach top speed seems ok but please try and show some restraint until the field gets more settled in and not all bunched up.

I always enjoy long races and I'm very excited to be racing in a 2.4hr event. This kind of event gives people the opportunity to run all different kinds of racing lines, strategies and the ability to hookup with other drivers on the track to increase fuel efficiency and speed on a long run to see what works. It lets you gain ground over a long period of time on someone your just a tad bit faster than but would never catch in a shorter race. It makes every thousandth of a second you can gain in a lap matter.

So Let's have fun / Enjoy ourselves / Be Respectful to others / And make the most out of this once a year Gr.4 special 2.4hr Event.

Good luck to everyone
See you on the track

Driver Lineup

1. Jaguar - Infineon
2. Lamborghini - Cold Warrior
3. Porsche - RINSKY
4. Viper - racer233
5. Toyota - DirtenDK
6. NSX - micantony
7. Corvette - MrRacingline
8. Lexus- Standard_FV
9. Mégane Trophy - Venster
10. Megane Gr.4 - Cooper2K
11. Citroen - fastone371
12. Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
13. Ferrari - Clean Racer
14. Alfa 4C - ConfusedAtNight
15. GTR - Alpha Cipher
16. BMW - Buraspo

Last edited:
I would like to add to be extremely careful in the first couple corners lap 1 (dunlop).
I see time and again drivers trying to be aggressive and late brake there only to cause major mayhem, penalties, spin outs and damage to other drivers and themselves (its an odd, slippery corner and on cold tires, it is easy to spin coming out of it).
Please be respectful and dont try to pass through there unless it is very clean and under control; just wait for the long straights, it will save everyone major headaches including yourself. You can ruin your and others entire race the first lap as it takes a long time to limp back to the pits. Slow in, fast out is the proper line there anyway.
We used to have a rule in another series to hold your position turn 1, lap 1. Complete all passes prior to the braking point or hold your position that first turn. That philosophy can be very valuable when damage is on heavy. Most accidents occur at the start as everyone knows.

Final paint job and decals applied at Team Honda. We’re ready for the race.

1995 Lemans GT2 class winner
EC4383BB-203D-406F-A8CD-F61C55101CBE.jpeg
my gr4 replica 👍
F438DFBE-A098-4AA9-8F4D-514C9EAF47FF.jpeg

Surprisingly, lap times are not too far off.

Last edited:
I would like to add to be extremely careful in the first couple corners lap 1 (dunlop).
I see time and again drivers trying to be aggressive and late brake there only to cause major mayhem, penalties, spin outs and damage to other drivers and themselves (its an odd, slippery corner and on cold tires, it is easy to spin coming out of it).
Please be respectful and dont try to pass through there unless it is very clean and under control; just wait for the long straights, it will save everyone major headaches including yourself. You can ruin your and others entire race the first lap as it takes a long time to limp back to the pits. Slow in, fast out is the proper line there anyway.
We used to have a rule in another series to hold your position turn 1, lap 1. Complete all passes prior to the braking point or hold your position that first turn. That philosophy can be very valuable when damage is on heavy. Most accidents occur at the start as everyone knows.

Final paint job and decals applied at Team Honda. We’re ready for the race.

1995 Lemans GT2 class winner
View attachment 783701 my gr4 replica 👍View attachment 783702

Surprisingly, lap times are not too far off.

I have had to make pit stops a couple times to repair first lap damage, I brake early first lap as not to ruin someone elses race due to damage, I hope everyone reads and uses Mr. Rinsky's advice. Race is 2.5 hours long, you cant win on the first sector and if you lose or gain 2 spots in the first couple laps how much will that really affect you over 2.5 hours, especially if you have to pit for damage. Trying to win the race on the first lap is high risk for you and your opponents.

Back