MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
I absolutely plan on racing next month!!!!

Did you get you're wheel yet??

No wheel yet. I'm waiting on our tax return so the wife doesn't freak out on me spending $1500


If it comes to it and I'm taking up a spot I will leave. If the race is about to start and not I'm taking up a spot will it be okay?

Yes that scenario would work.
 
Yes that scenario would work.
Good, that's what I was planning on doing so keep me posted in the thread lobby if you need me to back out. And with the wheel, why $1500? I get maybe $400-500 for a higher end wheel but it should be roughly the same amount for a full rig with chair. Going all in are we?
 
Good, that's what I was planning on doing so keep me posted in the thread lobby if you need me to back out. And with the wheel, why $1500? I get maybe $400-500 for a higher end wheel but it should be roughly the same amount for a full rig with chair. Going all in are we?


Wheel + Playseat + New 65" TV

My 60" TV went out on me a few months ago and I'm now playing on a 48" and I can't stand it.
 
I just got confirmation that someone else will not be racing tonight so everyone on the list that's available to race will make it in tonight.

I have 3 people out now and one questionable

DirtenDK will miss tonight's race so there will also be no live streaming for tonight's race unless someone else is wanting to do it.
 
Last edited:
Hey, can't wait to join tonight, i just had an awful FIA night, mainly because i have a master's degree in bottleling my quali, but also due to unfair drivers ignoring completely your existence on the track, and i'm bieng way too naive leaving the inside "open" for dive bombers...
Anyway can't wait to Rooooooaaaar the GT-R lol
 
Hey, can't wait to join tonight, i just had an awful FIA night, mainly because i have a master's degree in bottleling my quali, but also due to unfair drivers ignoring completely your existence on the track, and i'm bieng way too naive leaving the inside "open" for dive bombers...
Anyway can't wait to Rooooooaaaar the GT-R lol

Its definitely nice to come here and not worry about people like that.

I'm in for tonight, after some absence from racing :cheers:

Awesome.. I wonder why I haven't seen you around.
 
Great race fellas!

I am very pleased having finishes 4th. I knew I had nothing for @docbrown40 @WhiteFlight1 and @T5Black, or @bloodyboyblue for that matter . Especially after I saw the quali results. Damn! A friggin' 2:03!

I looked at the other laps and even though I qualified 8th I still felt like the little Alfa had a better lap time in her. I set my sights on just finishing in the top 5. No easy feat because the guys around and in front of me were no slouches either - @Rinsky @Standard_FV @DesertPenguin @Cold Warrior @hirnsauger69 @Infineon

The first laps were hectic but very clean. Impressive, given the urban jungle environment we were racing in. I felt walled in!

After lap 5 I looked at my tires and fuel and decided on a two stopper. I did some quick calculations and thought I could make it if my gear shifts were conservative enough and I rode the draft. The Alfa is very good on fuel and tires so I took the gamble. Well, it paid off. I knew I was good when @Rinsky pitted his 911 at about 22 minutes. I didn't know if it was for fuel or tires but I figured that either way I could go for the over cut.

It didn't work. I came out after my first stop just behind @Rinsky and @Standard_FV.

I was sad to see that @bloodyboyblue had damage. Bad luck man, you are very fast and it would have been good to see you up front.

To be cintinued..
 
I knew my car was quick here with the long straights but I was my own worst enemy
 
What a race last night. I honestly thought I had something for you guys this race.. that should get a laugh.
I qualified 6th with a 2:06.468 and moved my way into 4th by lap 3 after a back and forth battle with @Standard_FV only to see the top 3 were already 17 seconds ahead of me and my dreams of finishing higher were smashed as they only kept putting massive distance on me.

So I'm still happy running 4th for the next 45 minutes knowing just how many fast racers are behind me but that gap never got above 4 seconds. After my first stop I noticed @Clean Racer and @Standard_FV could run another 4 laps more than myself so I knew it was only a matter of time before they caught me. I was 4 seconds ahead of @Standard_FV on my second pit stop and he somehow made up that time on the pit stop only to come out on my back bumper and got back around me for good. 4 laps later @Clean Racer pits and comes out ahead.
Later on @Cold Warrior was able to get ahead of me on my last pit stop and I would stay there until the end in 7th.
Just a great race everyone but @docbrown40 @WhiteFlight1 @T5Black are just insanely fast running 2:04's constantly and some even dipping down into the 2:03's :bowdown:

Good racing and nice finishes for @Clean Racer & @Standard_FV as we battled very cleanly for almost the entire race.

I'm definitely learning fast if I want to compete at this level I must get off the controller and automatic transmission as the auto hurts my fuel mileage way to much and my hands just can't keep up at this pace eventually going numb on me by the end.
I was running my quilfing pace and faster just trying to maintain my position and it caught up with me in the end.

On another note by creating a new lobby for the race the issues I was having last race were gone and I was able to run just as fast in the race as I was in full race setting practices.

I have not picked a time of day or tested the fuel and tire settings at the Nurburgring GP. I will test this out in the next few days and post the race Information.
 
Last edited:
I got damage on lap 1 as I predicted. Left front. Fixed that on the first pit stop, did one lap and then got right front damage. Got halfway through that stint, and got left front damage again. Should’ve hit the wall earlier since the car drives better with both sides damaged on the front. After fixing that I managed to go the entire 10 lap third stint without hitting anything. Then got right front damage again in the last stint. Got fresh tires right at the end to see how fast I could go since I had no one anywhere near me.

Took until lap 25 until I could run consistent 205 and 06s, I think the best I got was 205.3 or something. Was never going to be competitive there, top 5 would’ve been like a win. That track is garbage. After that whole race I still didn’t figure out where the start/finish line was.

Have Blue Moon Infield, Fuji and of course BB circled on the calendar, they’re the only tracks I think the Lexus will be able to contend for the win on. Suzuka maybe if I’m lucky. I love Nurb GP but the car is too heavy to do anything like it was at Catalunya and Maggiore.
 
I got damage on lap 1 as I predicted. Left front. Fixed that on the first pit stop, did one lap and then got right front damage. Got halfway through that stint, and got left front damage again. Should’ve hit the wall earlier since the car drives better with both sides damaged on the front. After fixing that I managed to go the entire 10 lap third stint without hitting anything. Then got right front damage again in the last stint. Got fresh tires right at the end to see how fast I could go since I had no one anywhere near me.

Took until lap 25 until I could run consistent 205 and 06s, I think the best I got was 205.3 or something. Was never going to be competitive there, top 5 would’ve been like a win. That track is garbage. After that whole race I still didn’t figure out where the start/finish line was.

Have Blue Moon Infield, Fuji and of course BB circled on the calendar, they’re the only tracks I think the Lexus will be able to contend for the win on. Suzuka maybe if I’m lucky. I love Nurb GP but the car is too heavy to do anything like it was at Catalunya and Maggiore.

It's one of those things that makes this series both fun and frustrating. Your car will be good at one track but not at another and why we have had 3 different winners as of now.
I like all the Tokyo tracks but many others do not and that's why I think we had so many people bail on race day.

But one bad track doesn't really hurt you because you will be right back among the top group the next race.
I go into every race knowing I'm not going to be competitive anymore because the talent in this series just keeps getting stronger and every physics change keeps making that gap even larger.

There are no freebies in our race. Almost every other race I've ever been in you can always count on gaining 4 or more spots just from people taking themselves out on the first lap but that doesn't happen here. Nobody wrecks or takes each other out in the opening laps so everyone must work hard for every spot they gain. It's a very tough race but at the same time it's the best one I've been involved in just because of everyone's talent.
 
First stint I drove with @Rinsky but I didn't try to battle with him, instead I tried to save as much fuel as possible by drafting behind him and shortshifting. He seemed to be doing the same thing and I understood he wouldn't try anything stupid. However, after maybe 10 laps I lost the draft and lost way to much time on worn tyres, especially since I was up against the Porsche and the Alfa Romeo belonging to @Clean Racer which are the best cars for preserving tyres, so after my first pitstop 30 minutes in I decided to pit on the same lap as @Rinsky changing from a 2 to a 3 stop strategy(knowing I wouldn't be able to catch him otherwise) thereby gaining time in the pits since I had to refuel less and then my pace started to increase with less fuel(refueled so I had about 75%) and fresher tyres but I knew that @Clean Racer would continue with his 2 stop-strategy. I had to really push it after my last pitstop(last 20 minutes), I was 15 sec behind but with new tyres and a tank with only 2/3 fuel I started gaining about 1-2 sec per lap doing 2.05s but I didn't come closer than maybe 6-7 seconds before I had to start fuelsave during the last lap.

The Hyundai wasn't one of the faster cars on the straights and the Corvette driven by @Cold Warrior annoyingly pulled away during the straights when he was ahead after my first and second pitstop.
 
I am having serious withdrawal symptoms missing 2 races in a row now :scared::nervous::sick:. I sure hope a spot opens for the 4/6 race. I truly want to know how competitive i can be in this Audi with fresh tire pace being strong, but wear a major factor as the stint goes along.
I just have no idea, but i think its a good car with proper strategy.

I'm sure everyone had a good time racing Saturday (other than B-cubed of course :lol:).

Hopefully we can have some practice rooms up some time this month...:cheers:
 
I am having serious withdrawal symptoms missing 2 races in a row now :scared::nervous::sick:. I sure hope a spot opens for the 4/6 race. I truly want to know how competitive i can be in this Audi with fresh tire pace being strong, but wear a major factor as the stint goes along.
I just have no idea, but i think its a good car with proper strategy.

I'm sure everyone had a good time racing Saturday (other than B-cubed of course :lol:).

Hopefully we can have some practice rooms up some time this month...:cheers:

My wheel is supposed to be back Weds so I may open a practice lobby over the weekend, I gotta learn how to drive again
 

Series Announcement


Congratulations
docbrown40
for your win at Tokyo


Next up is Nürburgring GP

We all have enjoyed running on RS only the last 3 races but anyone who has been in this Series for awhile knows I like to change things up from time to time. For this race I've decided to go with fuel X3 (unchanged) and tires X3 (changed from x2)

Its just not normal for real race car drivers to run their qualifying pace or faster during an entire race as most are fuel & tire savings until the end. So it's time to shake things up a bit by now making RS more worn at the end of an entire fuel run (30min).
This change should really make for some interesting pit strategies. Also Nürburgring GP has what I call a normal pit time because you won't come in and change tires only quickly like at other tracks. A pit stop here takes some time.

This will also open up the option of running different tires compounds again as RM will come into play here for those not willing to run on worn tires. Just keep in mind the change in tire wear doesn't make RS obsolete but it will bring down the speeds and makes tire saving an option.

Track time is High Noon 12:00
Fuel X3 tires X3


Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: Nurburgring GP
In game track time: 12:00
Fastest First set by host
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Softs / Race Mediums / Race Hards
Fuel X3 & Tire wear X3
No assist but ABS
Damage on Heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing Starts


Results have been posted
&
Video has been added to races 1 & 2
​
 
Last edited:

Qualifying

We had a lengthy discussion about qualifying awhile back. People were looking for a way to kinda close the gap in qualifying.
Since changing the amount of fuel that your car holds has no effect until the race starts I've decided to put in a new rule that will put everyone on the same playing field during qualifying.

Starting on the April 6th race you will now only be allowed to qualify with one set of tires. Once they are worn your qualifying session is over.
So everyone only gets one qualifying session. Good or bad you don't get to come in change tires and go out again.

We have a 45 minute qualifying window and your cars can run 30 minutes plus on fuel but your ability to lay down competitive qualifying times will be over long before that so time should never be an issue for anyone.

This should tighten up the qualifying times as everyone will start off with the same amount of fuel and tires.
It will also put some added pressure on everyone to make a good run.
Once you've completed your qualifying run everyone is allowed to back out to the main screen but under no circumstance are you to remove your car from the track. The moment you do it will erase your qualifying time and I will send you to the rear of the field.

We will see if this is something everyone wants to continue doing going forward.
​
 
Inb4 someone sits on the side of the track revving their engine for 40 minutes to drain fuel and then hot lap for the last 5 :lol:

What about turning off fuel and tire wear for qualifying and then turning them on for the race? That way everyone can freely hot lap until they're satisfied and fuel load is no longer an issue for those joining late. Just offering up ideas. Yours works but is a little restrictive in terms of opportunity.
 
Inb4 someone sits on the side of the track revving their engine for 40 minutes to drain fuel and then hot lap for the last 5 :lol:

What about turning off fuel and tire wear for qualifying and then turning them on for the race? That way everyone can freely hot lap until they're satisfied and fuel load is no longer an issue for those joining late. Just offering up ideas. Yours works but is a little restrictive in terms of opportunity.

The only reason I don't go with that option is because it can and has caused lobby issues in the past when it makes the track reload for everyone.
You can go from a completely stable lobby to people not seeing each other or being stuck on the grid.
We sometimes forget that those issues still plague GTS lobbies.
That's why I don't or won't take the risk of doing it the way you suggested.
 
Sounds fine with me. Qualifying doesnt really mean that much in this long of a race. After our qualifying run are we allowed to swap tires and run more laps that do not count towards qualifying?
 
Well you got your new track, and thankfully it’s a real one. Autopolis is here. I figured it would be a Japanese track, I was hoping for Motegi or Sugo though, never experienced Autopolis in a game before.

You can also be fairly certain that the new Supra GT4 will be joining the Gr.4 ranks at some point soon
 
Well you got your new track, and thankfully it’s a real one. Autopolis is here. I figured it would be a Japanese track, I was hoping for Motegi or Sugo though, never experienced Autopolis in a game before.

You can also be fairly certain that the new Supra GT4 will be joining the Gr.4 ranks at some point soon

640px-Autopolis.svg.png


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopolis

Major events
Super GT
Super Formula
MFJ Superbike
Super Taikyu
 

We all have enjoyed running on RS only the last 3 races but anyone who has been in this Series for awhile knows I like to change things up from time to time. For this race I've decided to go with fuel X3 (unchanged) and tires X3 (changed from x2)
​
FYI: notes on the new update

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- An issue regarding the brake rotors not being displayed properly during online races and Spectator has been fixed.
View/Replays:
- In "Sport" mode or Lobby where you would be sent back to the "Race Entry Selection" screen while matchmaking was in progress has been fixed.
- Various adjustments have been made to sound effects.
- The rate of tire wear has been adjusted.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
 
@Rinsky it was my pleasure, it was a really nice race, clean and a 3 way battle with T5Black and WhiteFlight1 i really really enjoyed it ;)

I wanted to see the replay, or part of it in order to kind of do my debrief ;)

I made a couple of mistakes, the first one big one, was lap 2, on the docks, completely missed my braking point (thinking already of my strategy) i didn't see the 150m board and broke at the 100 one, so to avoid T5 i kindda greased the wall and went straight to avoid collision.

At this stage WhiteFlight took back 2nd place, and i managed to keep 3rd as Bloody and Rinsky were just far enough behind and already fighting for 4th.

I had then 3-4 sec gap behind P1 and P2, which i kept until lap 5 where i could see it shrinking a bit as tire wear was starting to hit the MR car Lambo and Ferrari ;) and also T5 and White seemed to be fighting a bit for the lead which helped me close the gap and at lap 7 i was almost in White's slipstream which helped but T5 had made a gap of over 1sec ahead. I was catching in slow corners, mostly on the docks and at the hairpin where i could put my foot down much earlier.

Lap 8 i was cozy in White's slipstream and didn't see a reason to do an agressive move, unless he was making a big mistake, i was glad to short shift a bit and save some fuel, i knew i could do 13 maybe 14 laps this way, but full rev all the time 12 laps was the most i could do.

Unfortunately White decided to pit lap 10, leaving me alone trying to catch T5 maybe 4-5 sec ahead i think. My plan was to pit not before lap 10, depending on other's first pit, i knew we were going for at least 42 laps, reason why i also hesitated to do mediums 14 laps, but fuel wise it was close.
But i knew the pit on this track was not that much time consuming so i was pretty sure to do 3 stops with 10-11 or even 12 laps in softs.

Thinking i was not going to catch T5, i decided to undercut him lap 11, i got out P5 just behind P2 Rinsky, White, and GentlemanRacing. I was just ahead of Standard_FV who flashed me to say "ok i'm staying behind don't worry" ;) and i just saw on the replay that he did lift there, which was a smart move to avoid entering the S's 2 wide and loosing time. And seeing how his tires looked i understand why!! ;)

On fresher tires, i caugh up quickly with GentlemanRacing, who i overtook under the tunnel, i tried to keep my right as best as i could, he gave me more than enough room to go, maybe too much seeing the replay and he had to lift and hit the wall a bit, fortunately no penalties for him.

Rinsky pitted there and T5 just came out of the pitts, so both White and I started there our 3 way battle, White had enough momentum to take P1 and i stayed 3rd in slipstream range.

Once again i didn't have intention to make an aggresive move, i just wanted to enjoy battle for P1 and save some fuel lol!!
But on the docks, White went a bit wide and i took the inside just inches from T5's bumper.

Lap 15 i took P1 in the hairpin, with still White just behind, and i though if i could brake the slipstream i would push harder to get away, but that didn't happen so i kept a good pace, trying to keep my tires and shortshifting too.
White took P2 and started also to gain on me, i realised watching the replay that he had less fuel, part of his strategy to do shorter stints i believe. I though he would have took P1 but stayed behing, and eventualy got passed back by T5, so i guess he started to save a bit fuel i guess... and went to the pit lap 19.
T5 took P1 back and I stayed behing, taking some slipstream, and i pitted lap 21. That's where i did my second and last big mistake, i forgot to put fuel, luckily i had enough for one more lap but i was so frustrated because i though "oh no we had a great battle going on and i'm f..ing that up just by my own!!"

So lap 22 i pitted for fuel and tires (i don't think you can do only fuel...) and got out with about 8-10 seconds behing the leaders i reckon. I think i putted just enough for 10 laps and i decided to push harder to try reduce the gap. Also fortunately for me White and T5 who pitted lap 23 were again fighting for the lead, so after a few laps i saw that i was gaining and actualy had them in sight, which is very motivating!!

White pitted lap 28 and i took P2 with about 4-5 seconds behind T5, and lap 29 that was his turn to pit, so i got P1.
Lap 32 it was my turn to pit and T5 took back the lead with about a 10sec lead, and i was just 1-2 sec ahead of White, but with fresher tires i managed to pull away.

At this stage i though we were all on our last stint so i was resign with trying to keep P2 with White lurking just behind ;), i was thinking i would not catch up with T5 but i started to gain, i think T5 had a penalty and also mad a mistake or two...
Once again i ended up having him in sight, so motivation came back too ;)

When i saw White pitting lap 40 i knew i had at least P2, but i kept my pace just in case.... And at the start of lap 41 T5 made another mistake hitting the wall with damage i saw on the replay, and i was just outside of slipstream range. Same lap at the hairpin i though he went wide and i could take the lead but i realised i was doing a last pit so i realised i had the win after a very nice race ;)
 
FYI: notes on the new update

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- An issue regarding the brake rotors not being displayed properly during online races and Spectator has been fixed.
View/Replays:
- In "Sport" mode or Lobby where you would be sent back to the "Race Entry Selection" screen while matchmaking was in progress has been fixed.
- Various adjustments have been made to sound effects.
- The rate of tire wear has been adjusted.
- Various other issues have been addressed.


Yes Micantony i noticed that too, let's see how the MR car got improvment or not, but i guess lost of us are going to do some tire wear checks for the next events lol ;)
 
Back