MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,201 views
I created another livery for my Porsche to use in our 1.5hr endurance races. I'm not sure what track I will introduce it at yet.

6998607093004535308_0.jpg
6999170033831151116_0.jpg
 
Continuous wall riding is not beneficial but wall riding through corners at Tokyo is. I had a guy fly by me the other day at Tokyo wall riding so it can be very beneficial by doing that.
Which layout and where?
 
The other day it was on Tokyo Expressway – South Inner Loop but I've had people do it on every layout

I think I saved the replay. All I know is this person was around 40 mph faster than myself in that corner because he was wall riding.
 
Last edited:
Which layout and where?

The two most famous corners are the first two right handers on East Outer Loop (or whatever the layout is that you don’t do the tight hairpin at the end of the long straight) and the quick left hander that’s the second to last corner on Central Outer Loop that normally you have to brake pretty abruptly for. Those have been wallriding hotspots since the game was released, especially in the early days. Also watch any replay of the top 10 times whenever Blue Moon Bay (Forward) is a Sport Mode race with street cars, everyone uses the wall to bounce around Turn 1. BB Raceway (Forward) it’s also fast to drive into the wall out of Turn 1 since being able to drive fast through the corner offsets the speed you lose by hitting the wall.

I haven’t driven Tokyo South enough to know where the best places to do it are, but I can guarantee that Tesla FIA race on Saturday was a wall riding fest since the car needed momentum so badly. Basically it always makes more sense in slower cars, since it’s all about maintaining pace and they also aren’t ever going fast enough to risk damage. It’s not as useful in Gr.3 or Gr.4
 
I created another livery for my Porsche to use in our 1.5hr endurance races. I'm not sure what track I will introduce it at yet.

View attachment 800593 View attachment 800594
Nice livery but, I must point out one flaw. You have 911 on the side of the wing. This Gr.4 Porsche is a Porsche Cayman is which considered a different model from the 911 line. It is the coupe version of Porsche Boxster. The biggest difference is the Cayman / Boxster is it's a mid-engine car. The 911 is a rare rear engine design. Hopefully we'll get the Cayman or Boxster road car eventually. It will be little more challenging but, I think you can fit Cayman on the wing there.
 
I believe they designate a Cayman as a 718

Really nice livery though looks so good, never get chance to sit down and do livery’s.
 
Nice livery but, I must point out one flaw. You have 911 on the side of the wing. This Gr.4 Porsche is a Porsche Cayman is which considered a different model from the 911 line. It is the coupe version of Porsche Boxster. The biggest difference is the Cayman / Boxster is it's a mid-engine car. The 911 is a rare rear engine design. Hopefully we'll get the Cayman or Boxster road car eventually. It will be little more challenging but, I think you can fit Cayman on the wing there.

Oops, :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe 911 is a sponsor and not a car model in this case, you know, like the 9-1-1 emergency number? I bet that's what's going on here. :cheers:
 
Nice livery but, I must point out one flaw. You have 911 on the side of the wing. This Gr.4 Porsche is a Porsche Cayman is which considered a different model from the 911 line. It is the coupe version of Porsche Boxster. The biggest difference is the Cayman / Boxster is it's a mid-engine car. The 911 is a rare rear engine design. Hopefully we'll get the Cayman or Boxster road car eventually. It will be little more challenging but, I think you can fit Cayman on the wing there.

The great thing about this game is you can turn any car into what you like with the livery editor.
Plus none of my cars are real livery's anyway so that gives me the freedom to change things around. So yes I know it's not called a 911 but there is almost absolutely nothing different from a 911. Sit this car next to the 911 GT3 RS 2016 (N500) and nothing appearance wise looks any different.
My first livery for the Porsche in our first season I had as a Turbo car but I guess everyone missed that one.

I just don't get caught up in being politically correct about everything. Its also not a shared livery because it's only for my use.
 
The great thing about this game is you can turn any car into what you like with the livery editor.
Plus none of my cars are real livery's anyway so that gives me the freedom to change things around. So yes I know it's not called a 911 but there is almost absolutely nothing different from a 911. Sit this car next to the 911 GT3 RS 2016 (N500) and nothing appearance wise looks any different.
My first livery for the Porsche in our first season I had as a Turbo car but I guess everyone missed that one.

I just don't get caught up in being politically correct about everything. Its also not a shared livery because it's only for my use.

I can’t let that slide, I’m a massive Porsche fan and a Cayman and GT3 RS (my dream car) look very different :lol:
 
I don't think the Gr.4 Porsche in GTS looks anything like the real 718. Personally the real one is ulgy compared to the 911

cars_s.jpg
06-2018-porsche-718-cayman-gts-fd-1.jpg
The-new-Porsche-718-Cayman-GT4-Clubsport-4.jpg


911

porsche-model.png



Next livery I'm putting Yugo on it..lol
 
The great thing about this game is you can turn any car into what you like with the livery editor.
Plus none of my cars are real livery's anyway so that gives me the freedom to change things around. So yes I know it's not called a 911 but there is almost absolutely nothing different from a 911. Sit this car next to the 911 GT3 RS 2016 (N500) and nothing appearance wise looks any different.
My first livery for the Porsche in our first season I had as a Turbo car but I guess everyone missed that one.

I just don't get caught up in being politically correct about everything. Its also not a shared livery because it's only for my use.

BUT...BUT...the Axalta and Porsche logos are in the incorrect font as well!

Says someone who had Toyota logos on a Lexus never badged as a Toyota both races so far. And often races Ferraris with Marcos or Lister liveries
 
Last edited:
Don't forget I also have huge incorrect Carrera decals on the side along with some Isle of man TT decals behind the rear wheels.
Porsche only runs the 911 at the Isle of Man TT and the Gr.4 Porsche is not a Carrera model.

Yet none of the decals I've put on the car look out of place on a Porsche. I used Axalta as the sponsor because that's the paint I use at work along with some PPG products.

Edit. Oh I also have GT4 , Gr.4 and Group 4 Cup decals on the car as well.
 
Don't forget I also have huge incorrect Carrera decals on the side along with some Isle of man TT decals behind the rear wheels.
Porsche only runs the 911 at the Isle of Man TT and the Gr.4 Porsche is not a Carrera model.

Yet none of the decals I've put on the car look out of place on a Porsche. I used Axalta as the sponsor because that's the paint I use at work along with some PPG products.

Edit. Oh I also have GT4 , Gr.4 and Group 4 Cup decals on the car as well.

I am still going with 9-1-1 being the sponsor in my world. :D:D:D
 
I don't think the Gr.4 Porsche in GTS looks anything like the real 718. Personally the real one is ulgy compared to the 911

View attachment 801422 View attachment 801423 View attachment 801424

911

View attachment 801425


Next livery I'm putting Yugo on it..lol

Ha ha Yugo!!

That’s the latest version of the cayman, the cayman in GTS is the previous generation hence why they don’t look the same.

Also just to say if they ever add the Porsche GT3 cup car and it’s slots into GR4 I’m calling dibs on it right now!!!!! :lol: Maybe not a popular choice but that is my favourite race car!
 
I don't think the Gr.4 Porsche in GTS looks anything like the real 718. Personally the real one is ulgy compared to the 911

View attachment 801422 View attachment 801423 View attachment 801424

911

View attachment 801425


Next livery I'm putting Yugo on it..lol
The Cayman / Boxster generation changed in 2017 from the 981 to the 982. The Gr.4 Porsche is a 2016. So it's a 981 chassis.

The 718 was place in front of Cayman and or Boxster name for this generation as a reference to one of Porsche old race cars used in the late 50s and early 60s. The 982 is the current chassis name.

The Cayman is what Porsche uses for as their GT4 car. Which is what the Gr.4 class is based on GT4.
 
Ha ha Yugo!!

That’s the latest version of the cayman, the cayman in GTS is the previous generation hence why they don’t look the same.

Also just to say if they ever add the Porsche GT3 cup car and it’s slots into GR4 I’m calling dibs on it right now!!!!! :lol: Maybe not a popular choice but that is my favourite race car!

I thought you would get a kick out of that. When is the last time you've seen a Yugo on the road.

The Cayman / Boxster generation changed in 2017 from the 981 to the 982. The Gr.4 Porsche is a 2016. So it's a 981 chassis.

The 718 was place in front of Cayman and or Boxster name for this generation as a reference to one of Porsche old race cars used in the late 50s and early 60s. The 982 is the current chassis name.

The Cayman is what Porsche uses for as their GT4 car. Which is what the Gr.4 class is based on GT4.

I hope nobody is taking me to seriously because I'm just stirring the pot. If it really bothers everyone that I have 911 decals on my car I will remove them.
Nobody has uploaded any 718 Porsche decals to the game because my search comes up with zero results.
 
I thought you would get a kick out of that. When is the last time you've seen a Yugo on the road.



I hope nobody is taking me to seriously because I'm just stirring the pot. If it really bothers everyone that I have 911 decals on my car I will remove them.
Nobody has uploaded any 718 Porsche decals to the game because my search comes up with zero results.
I originally thought you just made a mistake. I could see people mistaking the Cayman for a 911.

Your Cayman is not a 718 Cayman (982). The 718 name is on the current generation only. The Porsche Gr.4 is a last generation Cayman (981).
 
I originally thought you just made a mistake. I could see people mistaking the Cayman for a 911.

Your Cayman is not a 718 Cayman (982). The 718 name is on the current generation only. The Porsche Gr.4 is a last generation Cayman (981).

Ok I will look for 981 decals.
 
Because you're new found interest oval track races. And the race at Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A is considered my pick. I want put the option on the table of changing my race from the road course to the oval. I'm fine with either decision.
 
I thought you would get a kick out of that. When is the last time you've seen a Yugo on the road.



I hope nobody is taking me to seriously because I'm just stirring the pot. If it really bothers everyone that I have 911 decals on my car I will remove them.
Nobody has uploaded any 718 Porsche decals to the game because my search comes up with zero results.

Funny enough the last time I saw one probably was when I was in one, ha ha!! Probably around 30 years ago!!!
 
Because you're new found interest oval track races. And the race at Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A is considered my pick. I want put the option on the table of changing my race from the road course to the oval. I'm fine with either decision.

We will stay with the layout you picked.
I just ran this layout last week in the ARL Gr.4 league and did pretty well. I think everyone is really going to enjoy racing here.


Funny enough the last time I saw one probably was when I was in one, ha ha!! Probably around 30 years ago!!!

It's been a good 20 years myself.
 
So interesting enough while I was doing some touch up work on my main Gr.4 Porsche livery I read what the game had to say about the Cayman Clubsport. Almost every part on this car is from a 911. The whole engine and drivetrain is from the 911 Carrera S and the chassis & suspension are from the 911. Its like they just took this body and put it on a 911 rolling chassis.
I really don't think 911 decals are out of place on this car since it has more 911 parts than it does original ones.

My car is ready to take on the competition come March 2nd

6989604285354869276_0.jpg
6999174442750314012_0.jpg
 
We will stay with the layout you picked.
I just ran this layout last week in the ARL Gr.4 league and did pretty well. I think everyone is really going to enjoy racing here.




It's been a good 20 years myself.
Okay. I just wanted to make it an option.

Always the physics at the end of January has really killed the balance of the Gr.4 Corvette for me. I have struggled with it in every race I ran with it since the update. It okay for the first few laps of run and then the handling just goes when the tires start wearing.

I want to wait until after the next update March 5th to see if they make any improvements otherwise I might want to change cars. I don't really want to change. I have my liveries for the Corvette plan out through July. So I hope they fix it.
 
Okay. I just wanted to make it an option.

Always the physics at the end of January has really killed the balance of the Gr.4 Corvette for me. I have struggled with it in every race I ran with it since the update. It okay for the first few laps of run and then the handling just goes when the tires start wearing.

I want to wait until after the next update March 5th to see if they make any improvements otherwise I might want to change cars. I don't really want to change. I have my liveries for the Corvette plan out through July. So I hope they fix it.

The new physics have unfortunately effected a lot of cars. I'm not a fan but we won't get into that.

If a car is available then you can grab it just let me know.
 
The new physics have unfortunately effected a lot of cars. I'm not a fan but we won't get into that.

If a car is available then you can grab it just let me know.
Thank You.

I won't until after March 5th Update if I do. Plus I don't want to have to use to a new car with our race being less than week.
 
If I dont get an email from Fanatec by tomorrow informing me that my wheel is on it's way back with a tracking number I'm afraid I will miss Saturdays race. I am not holding my breath.
 
For those still using controllers and contemplating about getting a wheel, my wheel (T150) is now only $150 at most retailers like Best Buy ect. It's a great intermediate wheel to start out with. Wheel stands cost just as much tho. But if your somewhat of a handyman, you can build a small rig (even portable) out of wood ect. Just Google some ideas.

Agreed. I have been using the T150 Pro with T3PA pedals and I think it does the job really well. Compared to the next step up, the T300, I prefer the T150. Personally, I like that the paddle shifters turn with the wheel whereas on the T300, they are mounted stationary to the wheel base and do not turn with the wheel. The pedals are good too but if you use a lot of throttle control then you will have to be prepared to disassemble them and clean out the potentiometers maybe 2 or 3 times. I have had my wheel for about 16 months and no problems since I don't use full force feedback. This is to ensure that the plastic gear teeth don't snap due to the torque from the belt driven motor. Haven't had to clean the throttle pot for a few months now either, I think that there was a lot of carbon on the wafer and after a year of daily use and cleaning the pot a few times, it's still going strong. For rally games and really bumpy tracks, I recommend setting the T150 Force Feedback to about 70 percent then adjust accordingly but much higher than that and the wheel starts snapping a bit too hard for my liking. Especially in the event that I get pushed off track at full speed and hit a wall...on full Force Feedback, hitting walls can break any wheel when it snaps to full lock almost instantly. Hope this helps.

As for the T-GT wheel, I don't think it's worth the money for a wheel where all the wheel's features mainly work for only one game franchise, Gran Turismo. There are a range of other wheels out there for around the same price point that do much better across multiple games but if your only focus is Gran Turismo Sport then by all means, get the specialty wheel that is made for the game. As for me, I will probably replace my T150 with another T150 if it ever breaks.
 
Back