MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
Agreed. I have been using the T150 Pro with T3PA pedals and I think it does the job really well. Compared to the next step up, the T300, I prefer the T150. Personally, I like that the paddle shifters turn with the wheel whereas on the T300, they are mounted stationary to the wheel base and do not turn with the wheel. The pedals are good too but if you use a lot of throttle control then you will have to be prepared to disassemble them and clean out the potentiometers maybe 2 or 3 times. I have had my wheel for about 16 months and no problems since I don't use full force feedback. This is to ensure that the plastic gear teeth don't snap due to the torque from the belt driven motor. Haven't had to clean the throttle pot for a few months now either, I think that there was a lot of carbon on the wafer and after a year of daily use and cleaning the pot a few times, it's still going strong. For rally games and really bumpy tracks, I recommend setting the T150 Force Feedback to about 70 percent then adjust accordingly but much higher than that and the wheel starts snapping a bit too hard for my liking. Especially in the event that I get pushed off track at full speed and hit a wall...on full Force Feedback, hitting walls can break any wheel when it snaps to full lock almost instantly. Hope this helps.

As for the T-GT wheel, I don't think it's worth the money for a wheel where all the wheel's features mainly work for only one game franchise, Gran Turismo. There are a range of other wheels out there for around the same price point that do much better across multiple games but if your only focus is Gran Turismo Sport then by all means, get the specialty wheel that is made for the game. As for me, I will probably replace my T150 with another T150 if it ev1er breaks.
Thanks for the tip about the pedals, mine aren't pro, but I probably should clean them out LoL. This being my 1st wheel, Iv owned it since March last year, Iv kept both FFB settings at lowest (one) the whole time. I feel like a old man with all my past shoulder injuries is why. So good to know Iv been extending the life of my wheel LoL
 
Hey, what time of day in-game are we using for this Saturday? Just a headsup I have IRS races at 9pm so I'll safely exit track and leave when I have to. Good things there's no points here 👍
 
Agreed. I have been using the T150 Pro with T3PA pedals and I think it does the job really well. Compared to the next step up, the T300, I prefer the T150. Personally, I like that the paddle shifters turn with the wheel whereas on the T300, they are mounted stationary to the wheel base and do not turn with the wheel. The pedals are good too but if you use a lot of throttle control then you will have to be prepared to disassemble them and clean out the potentiometers maybe 2 or 3 times. I have had my wheel for about 16 months and no problems since I don't use full force feedback. This is to ensure that the plastic gear teeth don't snap due to the torque from the belt driven motor. Haven't had to clean the throttle pot for a few months now either, I think that there was a lot of carbon on the wafer and after a year of daily use and cleaning the pot a few times, it's still going strong. For rally games and really bumpy tracks, I recommend setting the T150 Force Feedback to about 70 percent then adjust accordingly but much higher than that and the wheel starts snapping a bit too hard for my liking. Especially in the event that I get pushed off track at full speed and hit a wall...on full Force Feedback, hitting walls can break any wheel when it snaps to full lock almost instantly. Hope this helps.

As for the T-GT wheel, I don't think it's worth the money for a wheel where all the wheel's features mainly work for only one game franchise, Gran Turismo. There are a range of other wheels out there for around the same price point that do much better across multiple games but if your only focus is Gran Turismo Sport then by all means, get the specialty wheel that is made for the game. As for me, I will probably replace my T150 with another T150 if it ever breaks.

The T300 paddles are fixed to the wheel not the base.

The TGT is way superior wheel to T300, the feedback is a lot better even without the extra gt sport features. The wheel matches a Fanatec for example for feedback and it comes with extra stuff for gt sport. On pc I’m fairly certain the dials can be mapped to do things on other games. The only thing Thrustmaster lacks is really good pedals.
 
Hey, what time of day in-game are we using for this Saturday? Just a headsup I have IRS races at 9pm so I'll safely exit track and leave when I have to. Good things there's no points here 👍
I believe 18:00.
 
So interesting enough while I was doing some touch up work on my main Gr.4 Porsche livery I read what the game had to say about the Cayman Clubsport. Almost every part on this car is from a 911. The whole engine and drivetrain is from the 911 Carrera S and the chassis & suspension are from the 911. Its like they just took this body and put it on a 911 rolling chassis.
I really don't think 911 decals are out of place on this car since it has more 911 parts than it does original ones.

My car is ready to take on the competition come March 2nd

View attachment 802332 View attachment 802333
You're livery looks nice. Very nice. But... 911 decals are out of place on a Cayman GT4. It's a mid engine layout . While it shares many parts with other Porsche models it is an entirely different animal. But it's your car so do what you like.
 
The T300 paddles are fixed to the wheel not the base.

You're right, I apologize. I've watched too many Sim Racing Garage videos on Youtube recently and mixed up the wheel models, its the T500 that has the mounted paddle shifters, not the 300. The retail price of entry level seat movers or actuators is insane. I'd rather spend $17,000 on a real car instead of a sim racing hydraulic system.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the tip about the pedals, mine aren't pro, but I probably should clean them out LoL. This being my 1st wheel, Iv owned it since March last year, Iv kept both FFB settings at lowest (one) the whole time. I feel like a old man with all my past shoulder injuries is why. So good to know Iv been extending the life of my wheel LoL

If you want to know more about your setup, get on YouTube and check out Sim Racing Garage. The guy does teardown and comparisons for everything sim racing. I would like to get metal gears to replace the plastic, more force feedback maybe?
 
Hey, what time of day in-game are we using for this Saturday? Just a headsup I have IRS races at 9pm so I'll safely exit track and leave when I have to. Good things there's no points here 👍

So let me get this straight. Your entering this race again knowing full well your going to leave to join another race. Just because I don't run a point system doesn't mean your not expected to run the full race. I have people waiting to get into this series who want to run the full race.

Pick Your Poison Penguin and stay with it because if you leave during the Endurance race so you can join another race again you will no longer have a spot in this Series.


We are running under the lights for anyone who has not viewed the main page.


You're livery looks nice. Very nice. But... 911 decals are out of place on a Cayman GT4. It's a mid engine layout . While it shares many parts with other Porsche models it is an entirely different animal. But it's your car so do what you like.

This really seems to bother some people. I have a completely different view on the auto industry than most people do because I've worked in it for over 21 years.
To me when an auto maker takes all the parts from one model and combines them together to make another car it doesn't automatically make the new car something different.

Ford makes the Expedition & Navigator both have completely different names and brands because one is under Ford and the other one is under Lincoln. As much as people like to believe they are different SUV'S they are in fact 99.8% the same.
Other than a different front grill, rear lift gate, higher grade of leather the Lincoln Navigator uses every part the Ford Expedition does but cost 30k more.

So when I see Porsche has done almost the exact same thing by making another car out of 99.8% 911 parts but calls it something else I see it as a rebadged 911.
 
So let me get this straight. Your entering this race again knowing full well your going to leave to join another race. Just because I don't run a point system doesn't mean your not expected to run the full race. I have people waiting to get into this series who want to run the full race.

Pick Your Poison Penguin and stay with it because if you leave during the Endurance race so you can join another race again you will no longer have a spot in this Series.


We are running under the lights for anyone who has not viewed the main page.




This really seems to bother some people. I have a completely different view on the auto industry than most people do because I've worked in it for over 21 years.
To me when an auto maker takes all the parts from one model and combines them together to make another car it doesn't automatically make the new car something different.

Ford makes the Expedition & Navigator both have completely different names and brands because one is under Ford and the other one is under Lincoln. As much as people like to believe they are different SUV'S they are in fact 99.8% the same.
Other than a different front grill, rear lift gate, higher grade of leather the Lincoln Navigator uses every part the Ford Expedition does but cost 30k more.

So when I see Porsche has done almost the exact same thing by making another car out of 99.8% 911 parts but calls it something else I see it as a rebadged 911.


I couldnt agree with you more on the same car/different name thing. GM had up to 4 car brands at a time that made the exact same car with slightly different body lines and different grills. It was just like Chevy and GMC trucks because people used to believe that GMC's were "real trucks" because they had a truck frame and the Chevy's only had a car frame even though both trucks were exactly the same except for emblems. It was unbelievable how many people used to believe that. As a side note I think GM dropped the ball when they shut the Pontiac line down. Even though GM pretty much made 4 of the same model cars in each line I always looked at it like Chevy was the taxi cab, Pontiac made the sportier cars, Buick and Olds made the luxury cars. Historically between Pontiac and Chevy you were always more likely to find power windows, seats, A/C, etc on Pontiac than a Chevy and Pontiac had the cars younger people wanted to drive. I woulda shut down Buick and Olds and kept Chevy, Pontiac, and Caddy for the luxury line with expanded models to replace Buick and Olds.
 
I couldnt agree with you more on the same car/different name thing. GM had up to 4 car brands at a time that made the exact same car with slightly different body lines and different grills. It was just like Chevy and GMC trucks because people used to believe that GMC's were "real trucks" because they had a truck frame and the Chevy's only had a car frame even though both trucks were exactly the same except for emblems. It was unbelievable how many people used to believe that. As a side note I think GM dropped the ball when they shut the Pontiac line down. Even though GM pretty much made 4 of the same model cars in each line I always looked at it like Chevy was the taxi cab, Pontiac made the sportier cars, Buick and Olds made the luxury cars. Historically between Pontiac and Chevy you were always more likely to find power windows, seats, A/C, etc on Pontiac than a Chevy and Pontiac had the cars younger people wanted to drive. I woulda shut down Buick and Olds and kept Chevy, Pontiac, and Caddy for the luxury line with expanded models to replace Buick and Olds.

Its definitely a misconception by more people than I could have imagined. Unless your talking about special models like the GT-40 for example then almost every truck or car made by a certain manufacturer will share most of those parts with another model.

The Ford Focus and the Ford Escape share almost every part except the body and AWD system despite the fact ones a CAR and ones a small SUV. Everything these days are built on the same platform or a cross platform so everything is interchangeable from one vehicle to another.

I bet money the Porsche is made in the same way on a cross platform and that's why it has almost all 911 parts.
Unless the Cayman GT4 Clubsport is hand built for the track use only and not ran down an assembly line would I consider it being it's own unique model. But that's just me.
 
Its definitely a misconception by more people than I could have imagined. Unless your talking about special models like the GT-40 for example then almost every truck or car made by a certain manufacturer will share most of those parts with another model.

The Ford Focus and the Ford Escape share almost every part except the body and AWD system despite the fact ones a CAR and ones a small SUV. Everything these days are built on the same platform or a cross platform so everything is interchangeable from one vehicle to another.

I bet money the Porsche is made in the same way on a cross platform and that's why it has almost all 911 parts.
Unless the Cayman GT4 Clubsport is hand built for the track use only and not ran down an assembly line would I consider it being it's own unique model. But that's just me.

Of course they share a lot of parts, since they’re bespoke vehicles that don’t share anything with the other vehicles in VW’s repertoire, but they’re still unique vehicles, one is mid engined, one is rear engined, one has a back seat, one doesn’t. And of course the current ones have totally different engine choices. But they’re nothing like the same as an Expedition and Navigator, which literally was just the grille and interior details that differentiated them until the current ones which try a bit harder. You don’t see anyone putting “Golf” stickers on the Audi TT and they share a lot more than the 911 and Cayman do.

The closest comparison I can think of is the Camaro and the Cadillac ATS/CTS, same platform, some of the same powertrains, but totally different vehicles with different missions and no one would consider them the same thing. Or the Huracan and Audi R8, same thing

Really though, just putting the wrong name sticker on a car livery is just a slap in the fact to automotive enthusiasm so that’s why it offends people. It’s like someone deciding to put a crescent and star on the Popemobile
 
Last edited:
Lets take it one month at a time and see how full the room gets. As of now there is only one person that won't get in. Fastone is out so hirnsauger is in and T5 is on standby. Assuming one person doesn't show (which always happens) he will get in and everyone that wants to race will be there. If I'm taking up a spot when there are people trying to join then yes of course I'll leave
 
@Rinsky just to be clear. I plan on racing for 80 of the 90 minutes of race time. And to be completely honest with you, it's because other series use points and you don't. If you used points I'd actually consider always taking the day off each month and working towards a good points total at the end of the year. Maybe you should start thinking about points in the background to help incentivize commitment.
 
@Rinsky just to be clear. I plan on racing for 80 of the 90 minutes of race time. And to be completely honest with you, it's because other series use points and you don't. If you used points I'd actually consider always taking the day off each month and working towards a good points total at the end of the year. Maybe you should start thinking about points in the background to help incentivize commitment.

Now the results are being posted every month someone MIGHT BE planning on compiling unofficial standings at the end of the year...just saying ;)
 
Lets take it one month at a time and see how full the room gets. As of now there is only one person that won't get in. Fastone is out so hirnsauger is in and T5 is on standby. Assuming one person doesn't show (which always happens) he will get in and everyone that wants to race will be there. If I'm taking up a spot when there are people trying to join then yes of course I'll leave

@Rinsky just to be clear. I plan on racing for 80 of the 90 minutes of race time. And to be completely honest with you, it's because other series use points and you don't. If you used points I'd actually consider always taking the day off each month and working towards a good points total at the end of the year. Maybe you should start thinking about points in the background to help incentivize commitment.

You should be concerned with running the entire 90 minutes and not 80.
This Series has never been about points and there are no plans to ever change that. The members who make up this once a month series choose to keep it that way.
This Series is also proof you don't need a point system to find good clean racing with very talented people.
It eliminates all possibilities of someone taking a cheap shot at you just to gain or hold on to some points.
We have some very fast drivers and your goal should be trying to compete with them every race from beginning to end.

If you do not view this race or series as a priority then don't expect the same in return.
 
Of course they share a lot of parts, since they’re bespoke vehicles that don’t share anything with the other vehicles in VW’s repertoire, but they’re still unique vehicles, one is mid engined, one is rear engined, one has a back seat, one doesn’t. And of course the current ones have totally different engine choices. But they’re nothing like the same as an Expedition and Navigator, which literally was just the grille and interior details that differentiated them until the current ones which try a bit harder. You don’t see anyone putting “Golf” stickers on the Audi TT and they share a lot more than the 911 and Cayman do.

The closest comparison I can think of is the Camaro and the Cadillac ATS/CTS, same platform, some of the same powertrains, but totally different vehicles with different missions and no one would consider them the same thing. Or the Huracan and Audi R8, same thing

Really though, just putting the wrong name sticker on a car livery is just a slap in the fact to automotive enthusiasm so that’s why it offends people. It’s like someone deciding to put a crescent and star on the Popemobile

Well I could go back and forth on this all day long but I'm not.
In the end these are not real cars but just some computer graphics to simulate the look of a real car. You can make any car into what you want because they don't really exist. :cheers:
 
Ford makes the Expedition & Navigator both have completely different names and brands because one is under Ford and the other one is under Lincoln. As much as people like to believe they are different SUV'S they are in fact 99.8% the same.
Other than a different front grill, rear lift gate, higher grade of leather the Lincoln Navigator uses every part the Ford Expedition does but cost 30k more.

Some years ago I read in a swedish automotive magazine that profitability for the 911 is much higher than for the Cayman/Boxster since production cost is only around 10% more for the 911 and the retail price is at least 40% more, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate which is the most profitable. The biggest difference between them is that the Cayman has a mid-engine layout and the 911 has the engine slightly behind the rear wheels. The Cayman would probably be faster than a 911 if they had the same engine since the Cayman is lighter. You buy a piece of car history when you buy a 911 hence the higher price, the Cayman has no history or racing pedigree. Fiat 500 is another good example where you pay more to get a classic car instead of buying a cheaper option with basically the same parts but none of the history.

Looking forward to tomorrow's race, hopefully full lobby!
 
Some years ago I read in a swedish automotive magazine that profitability for the 911 is much higher than for the Cayman/Boxster since production cost is only around 10% more for the 911 and the retail price is at least 40% more, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate which is the most profitable. The biggest difference between them is that the Cayman has a mid-engine layout and the 911 has the engine slightly behind the rear wheels. The Cayman would probably be faster than a 911 if they had the same engine since the Cayman is lighter. You buy a piece of car history when you buy a 911 hence the higher price, the Cayman has no history or racing pedigree. Fiat 500 is another good example where you pay more to get a classic car instead of buying a cheaper option with basically the same parts but none of the history.

Looking forward to tomorrow's race, hopefully full lobby!

That might not be the case now with the newest Cayman but I don't know much about the newest models.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's race too. I enjoy this race more than any other race I've ever done and it's not because I run it.

This is the only race I've ever been a part of where everyone respects each other on the track. Just not having to worry about the person behind you taking some cheap shots to wreck you is worth the price of admission for me.
At first it was the lobby settings that made people drive cautious but now I believe we could eliminate those lobby settings and nothing would change in the way we race each other.
It's a very rare thing to find in a large group like us.
 
This is the lineup for tomorrow night's race.


1. Infineon - Mégane Trophy
2. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus
3. racer233 - NSX
4. Venster - Toyota
5. Docbrown40 - GT-R
6. RINSKY - Porsche
7. micantony - Audi
8. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
9. fastone371 - Aston Martin - Out For March
10. Standard_FV - Hyundai
11. Cold Warrior - Corvette
12. DirtenDK - BMW M4
13. Clean Racer - 4C
14. Desertpenguin - Mustang
15. Q-Tip8329Wags - Viper
16. Traels - McLaren
17. thracerviewr - Subaru
-----------Cut Off Line------------
18. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi
19. T5Black - Regular Megane

Both hirnsauger69 & T5Black are wanting to race tomorrow so we should have another full lobby.
 
This is the lineup for tomorrow night's race.


1. Infineon - Mégane Trophy
2. Bloodyboyblue - Lexus
3. racer233 - NSX
4. Venster - Toyota
5. Docbrown40 - GT-R
6. RINSKY - Porsche
7. micantony - Audi
8. WhiteFlight1 - Ferrari
9. fastone371 - Aston Martin - Out For March
10. Standard_FV - Hyundai
11. Cold Warrior - Corvette
12. DirtenDK - BMW M4
13. Clean Racer - 4C
14. Desertpenguin - Mustang
15. Q-Tip8329Wags - Viper
16. Traels - McLaren
17. thracerviewr - Subaru
-----------Cut Off Line------------
18. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi
19. T5Black - Regular Megane

Both hirnsauger69 & T5Black are wanting to race tomorrow so we should have another full lobby.
@fastone371 are you still out for March?
 
@Rinsky sorry guys, i had a family obligation arise this weekend, and unfortunately the Audi will not be able to participate in this month’s race.
it’s a shame i have had to miss 2 in a row now.
move me down the list! :-)

enjoy the racing. should be an interesting race tomorrow.
 
You should be concerned with running the entire 90 minutes and not 80.
This Series has never been about points and there are no plans to ever change that. The members who make up this once a month series choose to keep it that way.
This Series is also proof you don't need a point system to find good clean racing with very talented people.
It eliminates all possibilities of someone taking a cheap shot at you just to gain or hold on to some points.
We have some very fast drivers and your goal should be trying to compete with them every race from beginning to end.

If you do not view this race or series as a priority then don't expect the same in return.
I 100% agree with this action. I said something to him when he did this for an earlier race this year. I think it was for Catalunya.

It was okay when we were not filling rooms. But now that we got players a list who may not make the race as is. If you're not planning to finish these races that you're taking up spot some else could of had. And that's just not right.

If really he still wants to race. I would say give him a permit spot at the very bottom of list. If the room is not full by 7:30pm then okay him to enter.
 
That might not be the case now with the newest Cayman but I don't know much about the newest models.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's race too. I enjoy this race more than any other race I've ever done and it's not because I run it.

This is the only race I've ever been a part of where everyone respects each other on the track. Just not having to worry about the person behind you taking some cheap shots to wreck you is worth the price of admission for me.
At first it was the lobby settings that made people drive cautious but now I believe we could eliminate those lobby settings and nothing would change in the way we race each other.
It's a very rare thing to find in a large group like us.
They my look simular both 911 and the Cayman / Boxster and share some parts but, are different chassis. Porsche does change their look very much which I believe is by design. A design I would argue with it. The performance of 911 GT3 RS (991) in GT Sport is amazing. The car only has 491 hp and one of the fastest n class cars around at track by lap times. It's capable of out out performing cars with +200 hp than it has.
 
They my look simular both 911 and the Cayman / Boxster and share some parts but, are different chassis. Porsche does change their look very much which I believe is by design. A design I would argue with it. The performance of 911 GT3 RS (991) in GT Sport is amazing. The car only has 491 hp and one of the fastest n class cars around at track by lap times. It's capable of out out performing cars with +200 hp than it has.

That says a lot about Porsche and their design.
Until GTS I was never a Porsche fan. I didn't dislike them I just didn't know enough about their history because I didn't follow them.
Now that GTS has showcased the Porsche it's one of my favorite cars in the game..all of them.
But any Information I'm getting on Porsche I'm having to look up.

Oh I ran a 2:05.844 lap yesterday at our Tokyo track for tonight. It's the first time I've seen anyone break the 2:06 mark for our race but I'm sure the aliens of our group will crush that time.
 
@fastone371 are you still out for March?

Yes, I'm still out for tonight's race but yesterday I got confirmation from Fanatec that my wheel has been shipped. ETA is Weds or Thurs, hope everything works correct this time.

Now if we postpone this race for 1 week I will make the March race:D
 
Well I'm sorry to see that equipment failure has once again stopped you from endurance racing.
Even with you out I still have two people wanting in tonight's race who are outside the cutoff line.

I will have no problem getting #18. hirnsauger69 into tonight's race but I'm still working on getting #19. T5Black in the race.

T5Black is on standby tonight just waiting for me to give him the ok. I think he will get to race but I just can't give the ok right now.

Hopefully you can race again with us next month Fastone
 
Well I'm sorry to see that equipment failure has once again stopped you from endurance racing.
Even with you out I still have two people wanting in tonight's race who are outside the cutoff line.

I will have no problem getting #18. hirnsauger69 into tonight's race but I'm still working on getting #19. T5Black in the race.

T5Black is on standby tonight just waiting for me to give him the ok. I think he will get to race but I just can't give the ok right now.

Hopefully you can race again with us next month Fastone

I absolutely plan on racing next month!!!!

Did you get you're wheel yet??
 
If it comes to it and I'm taking up a spot I will leave. If the race is about to start and not I'm taking up a spot will it be okay?
 
Back