MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,991 views
B56C9A9D-1474-4D8E-BB5B-9C045976C5DB.jpeg

that was fun. My first stint did me in; too many mistakes, anti-stall kicked in at the start and then added a crash for good measure. But had a blast trying to figure out how to catch @Rinsky in spite of my 5 pitstops. I love my Audi; LOL. Maybe i should have tried a 3 or 4 stopper. :sly:

sorry to see the disconnects mid-race. :irked:

i had nothing for @WhiteFlight1 @docbrown40 and @Sheldonsuckz (Antbuster). fast dudes 👍
 
Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who raced Saturday July 6th

I absolutely had a blast during this race. Almost everyone suggested that I start in my qualifying position 5th instead of dropping to the rear of the field this time. This was definitely not something I'm accustom to for our race's and it put me around some fast people. I kinda cracked under the pressure but not because I didn't feel like I could hang with them but because I was so worried about making contact with one of them and caused us both to be out of the race early. I found myself back in 9th by the time everyone got settled in. The great thing about the Porsche is what it lacks in early on performance it definitely makes it back up on the longer runs.
As I got settled in I pick up the pace and started clawing my way back while gaining some of the spots back I had lost as the run went longer. This put me into some great battles with @T5Black @Venster @bloodyboyblue @micantony @QTip8329Wags @DesertPenguin

I hooked up with @bloodyboyblue who was running in 6th and stayed on him for 5 or 6 laps trying to run fast and save fuel. I seen by us both working together we were catching @DesertPenguin in 5th at a good rate so there was no reason to fight Bloodyboyblue and lose time. We caught 5th place and I surprisingly got around both driver's to reclaim my 5th position.
After my second stop I made some stupid mistakes causing damage and an early pit throwing me off my pit strategy but it somehow allowed me for a half of a second to hold the 1st position until @WhiteFlight1 reclaimed it.

I had to make a 3 stops now because of my mistakes but the whole race I was short shifting to save fuel and after my last stop I came out in 4th with @micantony 18 seconds behind in 5th. I knew I would be cutting it very close on fuel and sure enough I had to really cut back with 4 laps to go and I watched that gap between micantony & myself start shrinking rapidly. With 2 laps remaining and only 1.6 laps of fuel left I really had to slow it down letting micantony get within 2 seconds and I could now see him in my rearview. I crossed the line for the last lap with 1.1 fuel remaining and I just pushed the Porsche has hard as it could go keeping the gap over 2 seconds and took home a hard fought 4th place finish.

Like I said my race was incredible getting to race people I normally don't get to and it was so much fun racing them. @bloodyboyblue & @Venster both raced with me for a good 10 to 15 laps each bumper to bumper.

Congratulations @WhiteFlight1 for a great win.
@docbrown40 on a second place finish
@Sheldonsuckz for his third place finish - nice to see you back.
 
After watching the replay of our race I Immediately noticed the contact made into the first turn at the start of our race.

I want everyone to know that anytime this happens it absolutely warrants a restart no question asked. I promote a clean racing lobby and even though the contact may not be intentional it's still one of the number 1 reasons to do a restart.
If you receive damage from contact going into the first few turns on the opening lap please say something in the group chat so we can do a restart.
This is not something that happens often here but when it does nobody will have a problem starting over again.
 
I noticed it last night as well when i watched the replay (even though i was right next to it when it occurred i had no idea at the time). I think Guido took the brunt of it, poor guy. :ouch:
Thanks for mentioning the restart terms, i honestly had no idea we would do that in those situations 👍

My terrible slow start off the line probably contributed to the bottle neck into turn 1. I went from 7th to 16th! go me :banghead:
(I have to admit it was fun trying to get back past everyone though).
That track was great for racing IMO.
 
I know I was slow into T1 L1, I was being cautious as usual because I understand nobody wins a race on Lap 1 Turn 1 but it can certainly cost you a race. For some reason I just wasnt ready when the race went green, I think I was double checking brake bias because I had to change it to +1 for this track and I only changed it on my i race menu, not on the options menu so it kept defaulting to 0, at any rate I got caught sleeping with engine at an idle at green light.
 
The first corner incident was completely my fault for running into the back @GTP_Guido. As everyone was checking up, I wasn't paying attention to the car in front of me as to what they were doing. By the time I noticed, I knew I was going to run into the back of Guido.
 
I didn't even notice that but yes a restart could have been done of course.

@Rinsky once again thanks, this was a blast and i really enjoy this track (so far the other layouts as well by the way) and this full lobby was very interesting.

I also didn't take a really good start cause i was not paying attention this was a standing start and for a moment i though oh s... is this with grid check or not? so i think i was not fully reved when the green light appeared cause i got jumped by the Jaguar.

My strategy was simple, i knew i could do 15laps with the soft, which represented 30 mins more or less so i short shifted the hell of that GT-R to extend his tank's life!!
So 2 stops was the only way for me, i don't know about others, some with better fuel saving cars might have tried 1 stop with mediums but i forgot to check that on the replay.

Also congrats to @WhiteFlight1 who was untouchable, i was hoping to follow @Focie on his Toyota 86 as he was catching back the Jaguar and maybe after could have challenged Whiteflight1 and allow me to stay in sight, but unfortunately he made just a small mistake that ended up sending him into the pits, at first i though he had damages or something but it's only when i looked at the replay that i realised he clipped the outside curb at the start of the strait, and that sent him right on the direction of the pitt wall so i guess he made a split decision to go for the pitt instead of the wall!

After that my race was quite lonely, i had some threat from the AMG (don't remember who that was) but he made a few mistakes that kept him away from my slipstream, and i finished P2 or P3 i don't even remember as i had such a good time ;)
I know i made a mistake at the end as the lapped Alfa Rome tried to let me go (i actualy was happy sitting behind as he had a good pace and my tires were dying) and i was under threat by the Jaguar for the last few laps i think...

Anyway i won't make the August race as i'm away for work, should be there for September,

Cheers
 
I didn't even notice that but yes a restart could have been done of course.

@Rinsky once again thanks, this was a blast and i really enjoy this track (so far the other layouts as well by the way) and this full lobby was very interesting.

I also didn't take a really good start cause i was not paying attention this was a standing start and for a moment i though oh s... is this with grid check or not? so i think i was not fully reved when the green light appeared cause i got jumped by the Jaguar.

My strategy was simple, i knew i could do 15laps with the soft, which represented 30 mins more or less so i short shifted the hell of that GT-R to extend his tank's life!!
So 2 stops was the only way for me, i don't know about others, some with better fuel saving cars might have tried 1 stop with mediums but i forgot to check that on the replay.

Also congrats to @WhiteFlight1 who was untouchable, i was hoping to follow @Focie on his Toyota 86 as he was catching back the Jaguar and maybe after could have challenged Whiteflight1 and allow me to stay in sight, but unfortunately he made just a small mistake that ended up sending him into the pits, at first i though he had damages or something but it's only when i looked at the replay that i realised he clipped the outside curb at the start of the strait, and that sent him right on the direction of the pitt wall so i guess he made a split decision to go for the pitt instead of the wall!

After that my race was quite lonely, i had some threat from the AMG (don't remember who that was) but he made a few mistakes that kept him away from my slipstream, and i finished P2 or P3 i don't even remember as i had such a good time ;)
I know i made a mistake at the end as the lapped Alfa Rome tried to let me go (i actualy was happy sitting behind as he had a good pace and my tires were dying) and i was under threat by the Jaguar for the last few laps i think...

Anyway i won't make the August race as i'm away for work, should be there for September,

Cheers

I also thought Focie may have gotten a bit of damage when he tried pass me but the replay showed nothing. Right at the end I maybe could've passed you if there was one more lap after as I just ran out of time. I don't know if it my driving style or the car but, I had to pit 4 times that race. I've heard people say that tire wear on a controller is worse than a wheel though its something I don't want to believe.
 
Last edited:
Ohh poor you...

Yes the controller kills tires faster, there's a video of Super_GT about that and it's just atrocious lol

Also you had the Jag which is not good on front tires i believe so i can understand the 4 stops now

The only advantage of your Jag is fuel consumption, short shifting works well
 
I didn't even notice that but yes a restart could have been done of course.

@Rinsky once again thanks, this was a blast and i really enjoy this track (so far the other layouts as well by the way) and this full lobby was very interesting.

I also didn't take a really good start cause i was not paying attention this was a standing start and for a moment i though oh s... is this with grid check or not? so i think i was not fully reved when the green light appeared cause i got jumped by the Jaguar.

My strategy was simple, i knew i could do 15laps with the soft, which represented 30 mins more or less so i short shifted the hell of that GT-R to extend his tank's life!!
So 2 stops was the only way for me, i don't know about others, some with better fuel saving cars might have tried 1 stop with mediums but i forgot to check that on the replay.

Also congrats to @WhiteFlight1 who was untouchable, i was hoping to follow @Focie on his Toyota 86 as he was catching back the Jaguar and maybe after could have challenged Whiteflight1 and allow me to stay in sight, but unfortunately he made just a small mistake that ended up sending him into the pits, at first i though he had damages or something but it's only when i looked at the replay that i realised he clipped the outside curb at the start of the strait, and that sent him right on the direction of the pitt wall so i guess he made a split decision to go for the pitt instead of the wall!

After that my race was quite lonely, i had some threat from the AMG (don't remember who that was) but he made a few mistakes that kept him away from my slipstream, and i finished P2 or P3 i don't even remember as i had such a good time ;)
I know i made a mistake at the end as the lapped Alfa Rome tried to let me go (i actualy was happy sitting behind as he had a good pace and my tires were dying) and i was under threat by the Jaguar for the last few laps i think...

Anyway i won't make the August race as i'm away for work, should be there for September,

Cheers

I also enjoyed it. You finished P2 BTW great job.

I also thought Focie may have gotten a bit of damage when he tried pass me but the replay showed nothing. Right at the end I maybe could've passed you if there was one more lap after as I just ran out of time. I don't know if it my driving style or the car but, I had to pit 4 times that race. I've heard people say that tire wear on a controller is worse than a wheel though its something I don't want to believe.

Yes I can tell you for a fact that the controller eats tires much much quicker than the wheel. As you know I made the switch to a wheel setup and I've been in the Porsche the whole time. It's a night & day difference and it only gets better as you get adjusted.

I liked starting the race in my qualifying position but I think I need to stick with starting in the rear so I can have a good view of everyone and know exactly when something warrants a restart.
 
Anyone know what a good time at Autopolis should be in MSN trim??
 
Not sure I understand.
I believe it's a typo and he's asking what times people are running there.

I just ran a 1:54:837 in time trial. Since I'm usually the slowest, make sure you at least beat that LoL. I would assume the faster guys run no slower 1:50:00
 
Last edited:
I believe it's a typo and he's asking what times people are running there.

I just ran a 1:54:837 in time trial. Since I'm usually the slowest, make sure you at least beat that LoL. I would assume the faster guys run no slower 1:50:00

That's exactly what I was asking, thank you. The worst thing about Autopolis is that if you push too hard and have an off you lose like a day and a half sliding thru the grass and getting back on track. I dont think I have ever hit anything there, it's just that it seems they use some kind of green ice for grass.:)
 
Autopolis is by far my audi’s worst track. Too slow combined with high tire wear will be a long 90 minutes. track just isnt made for FF cars.

can i borrow someone else’s for this race? :dopey:

and to answer the question, i think i did a 1:51 in time trial (not in the audi though :ouch:).
online is a good 2+ seconds off that though; track feels so different online to me with tire wear.
 
That's exactly what I was asking, thank you. The worst thing about Autopolis is that if you push too hard and have an off you lose like a day and a half sliding thru the grass and getting back on track. I dont think I have ever hit anything there, it's just that it seems they use some kind of green ice for grass.:)

Sorry my head must have been somewhere else. 1:52's so far in MSN race lobby.
 
I can't wait to see how this race shakes out. Should be a good track for the cars that might not have the high straight away speeds, but have good tire management and handling instead. It will even out the playing field from some of the high speed tracks we've run. There are a couple long straights too, so who knows.
Of course, our most talented drivers seem to get the best out of any situation :bowdown:; I envy their skill and consistency in that regard. Fun to watch and learn from.:cheers:

A couple months ago Cleanracer and I ran several laps here. Audi vs the 4C. And i had him for the first 3-4 laps, but then after that he reeled me in and eventually took over during the longer stints. So many curvy parts with all kinds of variation to them. It will take practice to get the most out of this track IMO.
 
I can't wait to see how this race shakes out. Should be a good track for the cars that might not have the high straight away speeds, but have good tire management and handling instead. It will even out the playing field from some of the high speed tracks we've run. There are a couple long straights too, so who knows.
Of course, our most talented drivers seem to get the best out of any situation :bowdown:; I envy their skill and consistency in that regard. Fun to watch and learn from.:cheers:

A couple months ago Cleanracer and I ran several laps here. Audi vs the 4C. And i had him for the first 3-4 laps, but then after that he reeled me in and eventually took over during the longer stints. So many curvy parts with all kinds of variation to them. It will take practice to get the most out of this track IMO.

This is one of the reasons I like the Gr.4 class. The different driveline (AWD, FWD, RWD) change each race on how your car might perform and requires a different strategy than the race before.
This kinda forces people to race differently every race to save on fuel or tires depending on the location. It makes it very interesting and challenging at times compared to just running all out every race.
I'm definitely looking forward to this race.
 
Wish I could be there Aug. 3rd but I have to work that Saturday in the evening. Sad that I'm missing Autopolis but I'll see you in September.
 
As of now I should be free next Saturday. However since my brother's birthday is the 31st. Depending on what he wants to do it. We could end up doing something on Saturday. If that's the case I'll have to miss about.

Oh, and July 25th is my birthday.
 
As of now I should be free next Saturday. However since my brother's birthday is the 31st. Depending on what he wants to do it. We could end up doing something on Saturday. If that's the case I'll have to miss about.

Oh, and July 25th is my birthday.

Happy Birthday :cheers:
 
As of now I should be free next Saturday. However since my brother's birthday is the 31st. Depending on what he wants to do it. We could end up doing something on Saturday. If that's the case I'll have to miss about.

Oh, and July 25th is my birthday.

Haha we have the same birthday! That’s weird. It seems like we’re both born in 1990 as well.
 
Back