Multi-monitor support in GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Jope_Fin, May 19, 2013.

1. Zero7159

Zero7159

Awesome news. I am all set to go. just need to put the extra copies of GT6 into the client PS3s, download the update and then set them up. I kept my settings from GT5 and so this should be pretty painless.

2. Chiochan

Chiochan

You can setup 2 also. You just have to choose if you want it on the right or left.

hobbsy likes this.
  3. ildd

ildd

So can the single-PS3 owners still adjust the FOV with this?

research, BrandonW77 and Dimebolt like this.
  4. Dimebolt

Dimebolt

just about to try that out infact. IF, we can = i will post a link to this GT5 thread here, that may be helpful :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/adjusting-fov-camera-using-the-multi-screen-options.284242/

EDIT

Ok, so far, it looks as if setting your game to 3x1 as the Server, does indeed change the FOV in the car etc... :cheers:

Though, thusfar, i haven't found any good settings yet. I've made it all a bit too close, as if the driver is leaning over the steering wheel...

If i find any nice ones, i'll post up the multi-monitor settings for a single screen and maybe people can take it from there and perfect it ?

EDIT 2

Scratch that. Adjusting the options only brings your view closer to the windscreen, not further back into the car unfortunately. As the options are now, i don't think you can get any of those cool views you could get with the secret menu in GT5.

Hope somebody can prove me wrong tho :) Maybe i'm simply doing something wrong...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    research and poumpoum like this.
  5. vasiliflame

vasiliflame (Banned)

Could lol , but won't :cheers: I would have to get another disc too , could with gt5 I have 1st and academy

6. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

A multiple scree setup is only possible for me if it's possible to take 2 smaller screens and put them vertical along my tv screen. Is this possible with GT6 or not? :)

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

It's possible but things won't line up properly since the side monitors will be smaller. Whether or not that's an issue is up to you.

8. Chiochan

Chiochan

It works with the special events also!

9. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

Anybody tried multi-monitor using the digital copy(s) of the game yet? (Probably not since PSN is currently down for maintenance :banghead:)

10. Roflmaot

Roflmaot

So are there options for changing the fov for a 1x1 config?? is 1x1 even an option in GT6? I'd hoped for multi-monitor support day one to make driving easier... but so far the options seem limited and almost useless for me. The patch is taking quite some time to download and what I'm reading is that it's quite a disappointment for most.

inb4 whiner hate. **GT6 is decent. Better than 5 is in almost every way--minus a few things, it's just lacking features from previous titles. I loved 5. Played it day one until the first of December, a week before 6 came out, fairly religiously.

EDIT: Never mind. Doesn't include any FOV options. Limited to screen curvature and angle of view 50-100 (100 being default)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    GRAN007 likes this.
  11. vasiliflame

vasiliflame (Banned)

So we need a multi monitor patch for Fov PD haven't drop the ball they forgot to pack it , seems a real let down.

GT5 is still better then

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

This was never an intended or advertised feature in GT5, it was an unintentional Easter egg that people found. So, no, no ball has been dropped.

Chiochan likes this.
  13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

What numbers did you put in for the different fields?

14. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Here's the old GT5 FOV settings:

[​IMG]

Some of the options were not available without unlocking the secret menu. But we haven't found secret menu in GT6 (yet).

15. Hayden

Hayden Premium

Set it up with just two screens earlier tonight. I can confirm that you can mix digital with disc copies, thus only needing to pay for the game twice.

Using the display size setting and propping up the small screen with PS3 game cases got it pretty well level. Now to dig out the other TV and buy another cheap second hand PS3.

And here's a pic. It looks and feels pretty odd with two screens, but it certainly got me motivated :lol:
    image.jpg

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

I only had time to get one copy downloaded and installed but I got two running also. Got the other one downloading while I'm at work so it will be ready when I get home.

image.jpg

17. Carson79

Carson79

I got one downloaded before the maintenance, then the second late last night and it was finished this morning.
    Waiting on brackets in the mail, which will probably be here tomorrow, so haven't tested out the how the downloaded copy will work, one DL over two systems. On GT5 it was hard copies so this will be a new one for me.
    Has anyone else tried it yet with the DL copies?

JogoAsobi likes this.
  18. Carson79

Carson79

@BrandonW77 I like your choice of car and track, the KTM is one I'm looking forward to using in triples

19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

I only had Arcade available on that machine but the Xbow is one I was looking forward to seeing in multi monitor glory. Also, I input my settings from GT5 and everything seems to be pretty much where it should be. :tup:

Carson79 likes this.
  20. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

curious to know the proportion of GT6 players using this new 'multi-screen' stuff....??????
    1% ?
    10% ??
    or more???
    I just got 1 TV, 1 PS3 and 1 GT6.......life is not easy for everybody.....

GRAN007 likes this.
  21. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

Probably not many. 1-5% maybe? It is rather cost prohibitive for most people.

forzaturismo and poumpoum like this.
  22. poumpoum

poumpoum

That's what I thought but nowadays when I see the rise in the cost of living(flat, car & gas / public transport, food...), I think that the IT products are really low-cost. I mean, I recently bought 2 new other screens (SAMSUNG 42") for the price of an iphone(that I don't have and I don't want lol). If I had bought them used the price would have been lower...

So if you are a simracer I think that it's more a matter of space(the problem I had) than a matter of price. Of course, if you just want to use it with Gran Turismo it's a little expensive but I'm pretty sure that the majority of triple screen owners use it with a lot of different games.

I'm really excited about this triple screen feature mainly because of the speed sensation. I really dream about a triple screen since the day I read about it, before the release of GT3 :O. I hope my setup will be ready in a month or two :D.

We still need videos guys :gtpflag:

forzaturismo likes this.
  23. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are the only games on PS3 to support multi-monitors, so unless you also have a gaming PC there isn't any other choice.

24. poumpoum

poumpoum

Yes, I was talking of a PC, sorry if I wasn't specific enough.

25. ara

ara

Here is some video of Multi-monitor at Mt. Panorama. It's nice to have three screens working again. I cycle through a couple views throughout the race:

Hayden, Ole, GBO Possum and 1 other person like this.
  26. Carson79

Carson79

Well I couldn't wait until the brackets arrived tomorrow, so I rigged up a make shift stand for the triples. Really missed them, nothing new since GT5, but it is a great feature!

JogoAsobi and GBO Possum like this.
  27. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Apart from Forzas 1 through 4 on Xbox 360s! :D

EDIT: That's Forza 1 in the photo below

Triple Screen.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  28. FatnSlo

FatnSlo

Anxious to hear from as many users as possible how GT6 multi-monitor performs in multiplayer!

29. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

With a bit of luck, I'll have mine working early enough for a planned online session with a mate tomorrow night US EST local (GMT ~10PM I think)

FatnSlo likes this.
  30. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

I'll be giving it a thorough testing this evening, hopefully I'll find some pals online to hoon about with. If not, I'll have to venture into the Pubs..........:nervous:.............but it will be worth it for triple-screen-glory!

:gtpflag:

JogoAsobi, FatnSlo and GBO Possum like this.