Multi-monitor support in GT6?

• Thread starter Jope_Fin
  • 337 comments
Awesome news. I am all set to go. just need to put the extra copies of GT6 into the client PS3s, download the update and then set them up. I kept my settings from GT5 and so this should be pretty painless.

So can the single-PS3 owners still adjust the FOV with this?
just about to try that out infact. IF, we can = i will post a link to this GT5 thread here, that may be helpful :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/adjusting-fov-camera-using-the-multi-screen-options.284242/

EDIT

Ok, so far, it looks as if setting your game to 3x1 as the Server, does indeed change the FOV in the car etc... :cheers:

Though, thusfar, i haven't found any good settings yet. I've made it all a bit too close, as if the driver is leaning over the steering wheel...

If i find any nice ones, i'll post up the multi-monitor settings for a single screen and maybe people can take it from there and perfect it ?

EDIT 2

Scratch that. Adjusting the options only brings your view closer to the windscreen, not further back into the car unfortunately. As the options are now, i don't think you can get any of those cool views you could get with the secret menu in GT5.

Hope somebody can prove me wrong tho :) Maybe i'm simply doing something wrong...

Last edited:
A multiple scree setup is only possible for me if it's possible to take 2 smaller screens and put them vertical along my tv screen. Is this possible with GT6 or not? :)

A multiple scree setup is only possible for me if it's possible to take 2 smaller screens and put them vertical along my tv screen. Is this possible with GT6 or not? :)

It's possible but things won't line up properly since the side monitors will be smaller. Whether or not that's an issue is up to you.

Anybody tried multi-monitor using the digital copy(s) of the game yet? (Probably not since PSN is currently down for maintenance :banghead:)

So are there options for changing the fov for a 1x1 config?? is 1x1 even an option in GT6? I'd hoped for multi-monitor support day one to make driving easier... but so far the options seem limited and almost useless for me. The patch is taking quite some time to download and what I'm reading is that it's quite a disappointment for most.

inb4 whiner hate. **GT6 is decent. Better than 5 is in almost every way--minus a few things, it's just lacking features from previous titles. I loved 5. Played it day one until the first of December, a week before 6 came out, fairly religiously.

EDIT: Never mind. Doesn't include any FOV options. Limited to screen curvature and angle of view 50-100 (100 being default)

Last edited:
So are there options for changing the fov for a 1x1 config?? is 1x1 even an option in GT6? I'd hoped for multi-monitor support day one to make driving easier... but so far the options seem limited and almost useless for me. The patch is taking quite some time to download and what I'm reading is that it's quite a disappointment for most.

inb4 whiner hate. **GT6 is decent. Better than 5 is in almost every way--minus a few things, it's just lacking features from previous titles. I loved 5. Played it day one until the first of December, a week before 6 came out, fairly religiously.

EDIT: Never mind. Doesn't include any FOV options. Limited to screen curvature and angle of view 50-100 (100 being default)

So we need a multi monitor patch for Fov PD haven't drop the ball they forgot to pack it , seems a real let down.

GT5 is still better then

So we need a multi monitor patch for Fov PD haven't drop the ball they forgot to pack it , seems a real let down.

GT5 is still better then

This was never an intended or advertised feature in GT5, it was an unintentional Easter egg that people found. So, no, no ball has been dropped.

Setting and activation are very similar to GT5.
I stopped playing GT5 a long time ago but I think that the only difference is that borders or angles are not measured exactly the same way (percentage, instead of angles, etc). The number of fields and their meaning is the same but I do not think that GT5 settings can be copied directly.

What numbers did you put in for the different fields?

Here's the old GT5 FOV settings:

untitled-1ris8s.jpg

Some of the options were not available without unlocking the secret menu. But we haven't found secret menu in GT6 (yet).

Set it up with just two screens earlier tonight. I can confirm that you can mix digital with disc copies, thus only needing to pay for the game twice.

Using the display size setting and propping up the small screen with PS3 game cases got it pretty well level. Now to dig out the other TV and buy another cheap second hand PS3.

And here's a pic. It looks and feels pretty odd with two screens, but it certainly got me motivated :lol:
image.jpg

Anybody tried multi-monitor using the digital copy(s) of the game yet? (Probably not since PSN is currently down for maintenance :banghead:)
I got one downloaded before the maintenance, then the second late last night and it was finished this morning.
Waiting on brackets in the mail, which will probably be here tomorrow, so haven't tested out the how the downloaded copy will work, one DL over two systems. On GT5 it was hard copies so this will be a new one for me.
Has anyone else tried it yet with the DL copies?

I got one downloaded before the maintenance, then the second late last night and it was finished this morning.
Waiting on brackets in the mail, which will probably be here tomorrow, so haven't tested out the how the downloaded copy will work, one DL over two systems. On GT5 it was hard copies so this will be a new one for me.
Has anyone else tried it yet with the DL copies?
@BrandonW77 I like your choice of car and track, the KTM is one I'm looking forward to using in triples

@BrandonW77 I like your choice of car and track, the KTM is one I'm looking forward to using in triples

I only had Arcade available on that machine but the Xbow is one I was looking forward to seeing in multi monitor glory. Also, I input my settings from GT5 and everything seems to be pretty much where it should be. 👍

curious to know the proportion of GT6 players using this new 'multi-screen' stuff....??????
1% ?
10% ??
or more???
I just got 1 TV, 1 PS3 and 1 GT6.......life is not easy for everybody.....

Probably not many. 1-5% maybe? It is rather cost prohibitive for most people.

That's what I thought but nowadays when I see the rise in the cost of living(flat, car & gas / public transport, food...), I think that the IT products are really low-cost. I mean, I recently bought 2 new other screens (SAMSUNG 42") for the price of an iphone(that I don't have and I don't want lol). If I had bought them used the price would have been lower...

So if you are a simracer I think that it's more a matter of space(the problem I had) than a matter of price. Of course, if you just want to use it with Gran Turismo it's a little expensive but I'm pretty sure that the majority of triple screen owners use it with a lot of different games.

I'm really excited about this triple screen feature mainly because of the speed sensation. I really dream about a triple screen since the day I read about it, before the release of GT3 :embarrassed:. I hope my setup will be ready in a month or two :D.

We still need videos guys :gtpflag:

Of course, if you just want to use it with Gran Turismo it's a little expensive but I'm pretty sure that the majority of triple screen owners use it with a lot of different games.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 are the only games on PS3 to support multi-monitors, so unless you also have a gaming PC there isn't any other choice.

With a bit of luck, I'll have mine working early enough for a planned online session with a mate tomorrow night US EST local (GMT ~10PM I think)

Back