Multi-monitor support in GT6?

• Thread starter Jope_Fin
  • 337 comments
I had to delete that pic, my cat was going to sue me.
I'll post it again for you.
13107278775_4f8064204b_h.jpg

Thanks for the report about online. Hope to hear about more successful reports from various users before I decide to pull the trigger on 2 more PS3's. Already have Forza and PC triple screen.

So are you using a GT6 disc on your host PS3 and the PSN GT6 version on your clients?

In GT5 I never had any issues online, haven't used GT6 enough to say the same but I can't imagine there will be any issues.

Because I can only have 2 PS3's authorized for purchases on my account I actually had to use the digital copy on my host/server PS3 and put the disk version in one of the clients.

I put my middle screen in front of the side screens to reduce the double bezel effect.
I will get some shots with the game running an a few hours.

Excellent! I used to have the side monitors going behind but now I have them in front, for me it feels better with them in front. Because they cover the center screen's bezel and they are at an angle it makes the effective bezel size even smaller, I think only have about .5" of visible bezel. 👍 The 32inchers are mouth-wattering :drool:.............I have a feeling I'll be purchasing a couple more of them soon.

In GT5 I never had any issues online, haven't used GT6 enough to say the same but I can't imagine there will be any issues.

Because I can only have 2 PS3's authorized for purchases on my account I actually had to use the digital copy on my host/server PS3 and put the disk version in one of the clients.

So on the client that has the disk, did it behave any differently than the other client? Does it take longer to sync with the host than the other client?

You seem to be very lucky or have awesome internet or something as I had no luck with GT5 multi-monitor in multiplayer (clients disconnect) and I asked as many GTP GT5 multi-monitor users as I could find what their experiences were and about half had client disconnect issues in multiplayer.

So on the client that has the disk, did it behave any differently than the other client? Does it take longer to sync with the host than the other client?

You seem to be very lucky or have awesome internet or something as I had no luck with GT5 multi-monitor in multiplayer (clients disconnect) and I asked as many GTP GT5 multi-monitor users as I could find what their experiences were and about half had client disconnect issues in multiplayer.

I think I remember talking to you about that. I'd have the occasional client disconnect, like once every three or four months maybe but I'd just re-initiate and everything would be fine. For me a momentary hiccup every few months isn't an issue but I could see how it would be troublesome if it happened more often. I do have good internet but I'm not sure how much that has to do with this issue since neither of the clients are connected to the internet. GT6 seems to be incredibly unstable online so if there are any issues I'd expect them to arise sooner than later, I'll keep you posted.

I haven't used it enough to say for sure that the client with the disk doesn't behave any differently but I didn't notice any issues in my testing last night. They actually seem to load up quite a bit faster than they did in GT5 and I seem to have gotten the angles to line up a lot better too (probably just had them wrong in GT5). So far I'd say it's as smooth or a bit smoother all around than in GT5. I plan to do more hooning with them tonight, I'll report back if there are any issues.

I think I remember talking to you about that. I'd have the occasional client disconnect, like once every three or four months maybe but I'd just re-initiate and everything would be fine. For me a momentary hiccup every few months isn't an issue but I could see how it would be troublesome if it happened more often. I do have good internet but I'm not sure how much that has to do with this issue since neither of the clients are connected to the internet. GT6 seems to be incredibly unstable online so if there are any issues I'd expect them to arise sooner than later, I'll keep you posted.

I haven't used it enough to say for sure that the client with the disk doesn't behave any differently but I didn't notice any issues in my testing last night. They actually seem to load up quite a bit faster than they did in GT5 and I seem to have gotten the angles to line up a lot better too (probably just had them wrong in GT5). So far I'd say it's as smooth or a bit smoother all around than in GT5. I plan to do more hooning with them tonight, I'll report back if there are any issues.

Your setup is really nice :) What is your "Adjust Screen Angle" value ?

Your setup is really nice :) What is your "Adjust Screen Angle" value ?

Thanks. Just needs bigger screens. :sly: Is that the setting at the bottom of the options? It's at 100 of 100. I forget the names of the settings but starting with bezel thickness I'm at 3/40/100. I'll post screenshots of my settings this evening.

Thanks. Just needs bigger screens. :sly: Is that the setting at the bottom of the options? It's at 100 of 100. I forget the names of the settings but starting with bezel thickness I'm at 3/40/100. I'll post screenshots of my settings this evening.

That's really strange because your field of view seems narrower than the original (you can see the roof of the car, the warning sticker...). Do you use the "narrow" or "narrower" option in the "quick menu" (push start go to option etc...) ?

Your field of view seems perfect to me, this is why I ask :)

I can see that you use a parameter of "Angle of Screen Curvature" of 40°, but when I see your screens I though that you've set this parameter with a value near 90° like it is explained here.

Xhgrf.jpg

Nv5uE.jpg

Last edited:
I just googling now for reliable mini projectors. A huge anoying fact of my rig is the number of wires around the bedroom and (dis)connecting them over again after a nice night racing. PS3 under my racing seat and sound through a headphone while watching GT6 or else through a semi-transparant windshield...

Nice summer project coming up :P

Brackets delivered and have them installed. Great brackets, probably over kill for my 32" lcd's they can take up to 50kg or around 110 lbs for you guys over the pond. I learnt from my first set with GT5, buy good one's, once. These are monsters ! Will get pictures up soon

That's really strange because your field of view seems narrower than the original (you can see the roof of the car, the warning sticker...). Do you use the "narrow" or "narrower" option in the "quick menu" (push start go to option etc...) ?

Your field of view seems perfect to me, this is why I ask :)

I can see that you use a parameter of "Angle of Screen Curvature" of 40°, but when I see your screens I though that you've set this parameter with a value near 90° like it is explained here.

I alternate between narrow and narrowest. I think I was at narrowest when I made the video and that seems to carry over to the replay. I like the narrower FOV's because it makes everything look a little bigger on my small screens and it partially hides the clutter of the dashboard like the steering wheel and the drivers hand animations.

I'm not sure what the actual angle of my side monitors is, I'd like to have them more pulled in like Chiochan's (or the second diagram you posted) but due to the surface area of my "rig" I can't currently do that. Easy to remedy, just need a big, flat piece of wood and a jig saw but I haven't gotten around to it yet. In GT5 I used a curvature setting of 75 but that looked a bit warped on GT6 so I fiddled with it and found 40 to be perfect and feel like it's better than what I used in GT5.

Brackets delivered and have them installed. Great brackets, probably over kill for my 32" lcd's they can take up to 50kg or around 110 lbs for you guys over the pond. I learnt from my first set with GT5, buy good one's, once. These are monsters ! Will get pictures up soon

You should probably just send me those baby 32inchers then and get you some nice 46inchers or something. 👍 :lol:

I think the box said they can cope with 27" to 76" I really didn't expect the brackets to be so substantial, they were rated well but only cost £20 each. I'm very impressed. I'd be more impressed if I could line the screens up perfect lol
These baby 32's span nearly the whole of the spare room lol

I've got trips and used it a lot in gt5.. Whoa 59.99 for the digi copy is expensive! Wernt they only 39.99 in stores now? I know with digi I only need one copy but still!
That's our only option?

Yep. $80 for two copies from the store or $60 for the digital copy installed twice. I got the digital copies, takes hours to download, install and update but worth it to save a little scratch.

Hey guys, have you noticed that if you shutdown the client PS3s, that when you next boot up, you get the message that the PS3 was not properly shut down? I keep getting that message and am wondering whether I am shutting down the client PS3s correctly.

Hey guys, have you noticed that if you shutdown the client PS3s, that when you next boot up, you get the message that the PS3 was not properly shut down? I keep getting that message and am wondering whether I am shutting down the client PS3s correctly.

I haven't had that problem with any of them so far. When I'm done racing I just hold the PS button and go to "shut down system", don't even bother to exit out of multi-monitor mode.

I haven't had that problem with any of them so far. When I'm done racing I just hold the PS button and go to "shut down system", don't even bother to exit out of multi-monitor mode.

Client shut down...
Circle First, Back to the Main Menu.
then PS button to Quit Game.

Does having these screens create latency?

Not a bit...

GT6 runs as fast on all 3 Screens as it does on single screen.

For GT6 Multi-Screen you Need

3 Screens

3 PS3's

3 copies of GT6

a Network Switch with at least 4 ports.

Hook it all up,

Plug each PS3 into the Switch..

In network Setting, set each PS3 to it's own IP address.

The Center Screen in a 3 screen set up is Screen 2, it's the Server.

Set the Left Screen as Screen 1, it's a client. Put in the IP address of the Server, use Server Settings.

Set the right screen as Screen 3, it's a Client. Put in the same IP address of the Server, use Server Settings.

Start up Both Client PS3's

Start Multi Screen on them..

Screen goes Black.. GT logo and dots...

Start up the center screen to GT6..

Set up Bezel Width, Screen Angle and View %

That's it...

Some Vids to share with you. ( Captured with my Cell phone from re-plays )

These are Best Seen Full Screen

The First Two Have Been Cropped, so you see it as close to My View from the Seat....
http://youtu.be/9WHsazTA-KE

http://youtu.be/so945aJVJms

http://youtu.be/wDjPCPKcHj0

http://youtu.be/_xDMXFO-QhE

http://youtu.be/m2ZX8QAKVN4

WyldAniaml have you done any on-line racing with triple screens? If so, how has it been? Any client disconnects?

Two new second hand PS3s in the boot/trunk with cables and controllers, the rest of the kit is waiting at home! Just need to get work and family commitments done, and it'll be assembly time! Yay!!

Start up the center screen to GT6..

Set up Bezel Width, Screen Angle and View %

So, you set the bezel/angle/view on the center/server PS3? I set each of my side/client PS3's individually, not for any reason other than I didn't know you could do it just on the center console. All those settings on my server console are at default.

Also, what size screens are you using? They look quite nice sized. 👍

Two new second hand PS3s in the boot/trunk with cables and controllers, the rest of the kit is waiting at home! Just need to get work and family commitments done, and it'll be assembly time! Yay!!

👍 👍 Prepare for a whole new world of GT! Feel free to PM me with any questions (though I'm no expert), but I think WyldAniaml's instructions above should lay it all out quite nicely for you.

So, you set the bezel/angle/view on the center/server PS3? I set each of my side/client PS3's individually, not for any reason other than I didn't know you could do it just on the center console. All those settings on my server console are at default.

Also, what size screens are you using? They look quite nice sized. 👍

👍 👍 Prepare for a whole new world of GT! Feel free to PM me with any questions (though I'm no expert), but I think WyldAniaml's instructions above should lay it all out quite nicely for you.

Screens are 32".
Yes, make the Settings on the Server ( Center Screen ) then set the Clients to Use Server Settings..

Makes it Easy to adjust the settings.. leave the Clients running, Change the server..

"WyldAniaml have you done any on-line racing with triple screens? If so, how has it been? Any client disconnects?"

Yes, On-line works Great. I have not had any Disconnects.
Been using Multi Screen Since GT5, very few troubles in GT5..

Once in a while Side screens disconnected in GT5, So far Not in GT6.

Screens are 32".
Yes, make the Settings on the Server ( Center Screen ) then set the Clients to Use Server Settings..

Makes it Easy to adjust the settings.. leave the Clients running, Change the server..

Ahh. For me it's easier the other way, by doing the adjustments on the clients I can exit out to make changes on the fly without having to leave the track or lobby. It does mean I have to change two consoles instead of one but I do most of my racing online and this way I can still access the settings while in a room. 👍

Yeah it's a real pain when you restart, what I do now is shut down all 3 from the controller simultaneously and it hasn't happened again, then again I've only used this method the last couple of times.

Back