MuseMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjensen11
  • 18 comments
  • 1,009 views
Messages
2,732
Who here listens to Muse? For my knowledge, they're not on any radios in the States, but people still have to know about them, hell, I live in the States and bought one of their CD's here for my brother!
 
Muse are just a little too whiney for my tastes, I bought one of their albumns on sale (showbiz I think) listened to it once and now it just sits there never to be listened to again. I heard some of their newer stuff and it's ok, but i'd rather take Feeder over Muse anyday.
 
They are English and they are Rock/Indy or whatever, so I probably would have.

Feeder are better.
 
I made some particularly harsh comments about Muse some time ago in these forums. I've not changed my opinion. Try-Hards.
 
Muse is a UK band that are "alternative". kinda radiohead with much more MORE force on them and a very clear influence of american grunge (yeah, I shouldnt have said that radiohead thing) wich I like very much. at least their last album, origin of symmetry was VERY good. it has some good force and awesome songs. as a whole, I think its a little weak, but as individual songs I think plug in baby, bliss and newborne are cool.

Cano

just got Hullabaloo, their live stuff, and they are way entertaining playing live...
 
Over in Europe, Muse was pretty big about a year ago. Their music is so dammn amazing! I just did a little search in my mp3s and I still love it...

IMHO their best song has got to be Bliss

Appart from that I can recommend :

-New Born
-Muscle Museum
-Plug in baby
-Deadstar
 
I love their cover of 'feeling good'. It's got real power. But they are quite derivative generally. They haven't really broken any new ground or created their own style.
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I love their cover of 'feeling good'. It's got real power. But they are quite derivative generally. They haven't really broken any new ground or created their own style.

You should hear them playing the Rising Sun.

Oh, and the Hullabaloo DVD, it's very nice, my brother bought it from some NewZealand company over the interent, and I copied the audio onto the computer(as .wav, no crappy MP3 for me :D) and now I have the concert on 2 cd's, I wish I could burn 86 or 88 minutes on a CD, but my cd burner can only do 82 or so....:(
 
Very old thread but it's better than making a new one.

I've just recently started listening to Muse ( today actually ) after hearing them on the radio a few times. I 'm really starting to like them. Right now I like "Knights of Cydonia", "Hysteria", "Time is Running Out", and "Stokholm Syndrome". I wish I would've found them earlier cuz they got some very fun songs to try to play.
 
Muse are excellent. I have all of their cds and they are all good. My favorite though is their 2 CD Best of Collection. 👍
 
Muse rules 👍. Origin of Symmetry is a masterwork. They're very talented musically, and there music always has a sense of "going somewhere". That is to say, after listening to one of their CD's, you feel as if you've gone on a trip of some sort (perhaps an acid trip).
 
I get the same sense. When I listen to Muse, I don't think about anything else other than the music.
 
Muse? Yea I know them, and they have been on the radio in the sates.

It was Knights of Cydonia, wierd but good song I bought it of Itunes.
 
I'm abit of a fan. I can't listen toa whole album at once though, it's just abit too slow for my taste. Though listened to a few tracks at a time it's very good.
 
i like muse. def. especially starlight, hysteria and there other new one
 
They're on my "Favorit" list 👍 This band is along with Pink Floyd and Coldplay, my favorit band :D
 
finding out in 2 hours and 52 minutes if i'm going to see them in manchester tomorrow :D

soooo hope so, i absolutely love muse, got all 5 albums and looooaaads of their live stuff, they're amazing.


-edit-

not going to see them in manchester, some git bid on the tickets in the last few seconds ¬_¬

going to see them in london on the 22nd instead :D
 
Back