Mustang's F150 thread - It's got little glowy things on the roof! :D

  • Thread starter Thread starter mustangGT90210
  • 681 comments
  • 64,645 views
Those wheels are pretty awesome. Do it!
 
Thanks 👍

What really stands out to me on those is the price. $40 per wheel is unheard of! And Cragar is supposed to be a good brand. So I figure if I can get the 4 wheels, and then find 4 used tires for maybe 40 bucks a piece, then ~$320 sounds pretty good!
 
D-d-don't do the grille, it'll look naff. And cost you too much. :p
 
I'm getting a PS on the grill and wheels. I'll decide after that. But I love the look of that grille on my truck :p
 
Oh god, not the soft 8's! Those are the most overused wheels on Jeeps! I think these wheels would look a lot cooler, especially with a billet grille. Of course, they are also fairly cheap, only about 20 bucks more each.
 
Those do look better! Wow. I'll see how my finances are shaping up. It helps that I like both, so we'll see if those seem $80 dollars better to me when the time comes *link saved to first post*
 
Soft 8's on my baby

0913091728.jpg




PS: It's a photoshop
 

I see tons of Torque Thrust II's and Torqlites on 3rd gen Fbodies. They look great on a sports car but not on a truck. Besides the Cragars are the freaking bomb! Body color those wheels and you'll be definately happy!

So I found some wheels that I think will really set my truck off :D Need these with some wider tires, which will be needed anyways, and white letter tires

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975855/?image=large

And then a billet grille

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G803010/

Don't forget to body color that grille and if you can find the kit put a Ford emblem on it. Get all that chrome/polished aluminum stuff body color'd and your truck would look f'ing schweet!

Soft 8's on my baby

0913091728.jpg




PS: It's a photoshop

Looks pretty damn good, those wheels always rock on an F150 of your generation.

*edit*
P.S. looks like your bed potion of the ladder frame is a bit bent.
 
Eh I disagree, I really think those rims only look good on Jeeps, and even then I don't really like them. Try a photoshop with these wheels, I think a little chrome would look much better.
usw-94-5812.jpg
 
JCE
*edit*
P.S. looks like your bed potion of the ladder frame is a bit bent.

Look at the gap between the cab and bed though, pretty well uniform.

Pretty much every F-truck from those years looks like that so even if it is "bent" it's not affecting anything.
 
I'm pretty sure it's just an illusion due to the front of the truck being 2.5 inches lower up front from the factory.


Can anyone do a PS with the wheels buick suggested? :D
 
You either need to lift thee front or drop the rear. Unless it's a sports truck a rake looks weird.
 
Really? I don't mind a rake, it's typical for a 2WD truck to have that, as it carries a load in the back.

about 700 lbs of sand should level it out for winter. X3
 
I got rid of the rake on the Blazer, although I might have gone a bit extreme with a 5/7 drop on it. I just think rakes look goofy.
 
Eh, I guess I'm used to it.
 
You either need to lift thee front or drop the rear. Unless it's a sports truck a rake looks weird.
I agree. I'm more inclined to drop the rear :)
Really? I don't mind a rake, it's typical for a 2WD truck to have that, as it carries a load in the back.

about 700 lbs of sand should level it out for winter. X3

Yup, gonna need to fill that bed choc full of sand and rocks and what not for these harsh Florida winters :p
 
Alright I was able to 'shop on the rims that I picked.
Truck.jpg
 
Eh, I like the all-black wheels. those are just a bit too flashy.
 
Thanks buick, now I'm extremely torn between them!
 
Also:
Scored some new speakers today. Came off an emerson stereo, sound awesome in comparison to what I had lol

Here was my setup: No name brand HU, 2 4ohm, 60 watt max 6.5 inch circular, waterproof, marine speakers. That was it. The speakers weren't even mounted, just chilling behind the seat in the cab. I spliced the new speakers into the wire to the old speakers, and now have both sets up and running, chilling behind the seat :lol:

It's no great system, but I have bass now and don't have to crank on the radio to hear it over the exhaust. I'm very happy with my new "mod"
 
Here's the old boat speakers

attachment.php


The new stereo speakers

attachment.php


And the 2 working together in perfect harmony 👍

attachment.php



Yes, I have 2 marine speakers, and 2 stereo speakers, not 1 of each
 
Just get some wood and carpet and build a speaker box behind the seats and put some reasonable quality speakers in the factory mounts.
 
It's all in the plan. I'm planning 5 inch round speakers in the right holes, 6x9s in the lower part of the door, tweeters in the corner of the cab and an infinity perfect 10 sub behind the seat.
 
Experiment #1 - Remove tailgate for better mpgs?

As you guys could have guessed, my gas mileage ain't too hot. On the 2 tanks I've monitored, of the 3 I've had in the truck so far, I've averaged ~17mpg for the first, and ~16 for the second. I decided I'd try out removing my tailgate, which to my eye is an obvious amount of drag added to the truck. Just driving around the neihborhood, I can feel the ~50 pounds I took off the back. It's got just a tad more pep, nothing to write home about, but it's there. I'll keep everyone updated on my findings
 
Mythbuster put that to the test, I don't think it works very well.
 
I've heard that. I'm just doing this for myself though, because I inherited the stubborn SOB gene from my dad.
 
It's no great system, but I have bass now and don't have to crank on the radio to hear it over the exhaust. I'm very happy with my new "mod"

Contrasts completely to me. I'd rather listen to Perfect Insanity by Disturbed on full-bore with the 12" Rockford PUNCH sub shaking all the mirrors than that infernal racket that my Skyline would call "an exhaust note"...hoping to sort that out in the coming weeks with either just a new muffler or a brand new exhaust system.
 
2 things

1) My exhaust sounds amazing to me
2) I'd KILL to have a system like you just described
 
The thing about sound systems is that they have a really high chance of being stolen. When I had the Blazer they broke into it in my driveway and stole my subs, amp, headunit, the lot. They just seem to attach asshats that want anything nice that you have. If you are going to do a system, as the very least I'd get an alarm.
 
Back