Mustang's GSX-R 750 thread!

You're crazy if you think
I can afford either of these.
Sold the old GS, stepped it up to a '94 GSX-R 750 this morning! Drove 50 miles from home to go check it out... and WOW! This thing is in great shape for it's age! And even far more important than that, it runs beautifully. Smooth power everywhere, no stutters, very, very smooth! It fired right up first shot with like a whole second of cranking, and idled right away. No choke, nothing. All gears shift smoothly, clutch feels good, it's really a great running piece of machinery.

Cosmetically, it needs a mirror, windshield, levers and new front pegs. Someone dropped it and the left peg is bent, makes shifting a little hard...

More pics to come soon... But here's a teaser ;)

935376_10201018635490351_1187380113_n.jpg

Anddd another from today!

225774_10201024639120438_1876148472_n.jpg

Had to tear into the bike a little last night. Rode it to my buddy's house to show him, all was well. Went to go start it to show the sound and no power... to anything. So 2 hours later checking every fuse, electrical connection, jiggling every wire, we took to the internet. Apparently the harness between the ignition and the bike itself is a problematic piece because it likes to melt a little.. It rests over the header and radiator. problem solved!

Right? Lol Haven't even registered in yet! I'm searching out a gauge cluster bracket right now. I'm going to Tennessee with some buddies at the end of the week, so I'm holding off on the $150 reg fees until I get back. And insurance due today, etc.

Found out last night over searching the internet/figuring out what bracket I had to find for the cluster, that this '94 has a '93 nose and headlight on it. So I need a '93 cluster bracket, because they changed it up just a tad for '94. But it's all interchangeable

And that is why you join a forum to ask about them first. ;)
Still, its in good nick for the year.

And now, a proper picture!

946939_10201042002314507_1448886039_n.jpg

I need to buy some metric wrenches so I can actually tighten this chain up. I believe it's shot, slackened up a lot since I brought it home. I've put about 40 miles on the bike so far.

Good news, the gauge cluster: everything works on it. My '93 top triple doesn't fit with the '94 ignition and look proper, so I'm going to make a bracket using some unused holes under the '94 triple.

Bike is looking good man. What are your plans for it?

Also what have you done to the grill on you truck??????? /offtopic

Plans for the bike... register, new chain/sprockets, new pegs, and then ride. I got a lot of leaning to do before I start upgrading!

Truck wise, on the way to work about a month ago, the dirt road I have to take was stupid rutted out from the massive downpour the night before. Idling down this road, got to work a mile down the road, get out, and see that 2 of the 4 mounting points on the grille cracked and fell off and the grille just hanging on by a thread. So I bought a billet grille instead of stock. Ended up costing 5 whole dollars more lol. Still have to attach a ford logo though. I'm gonna do a blacked out background one like my old grille, and mount it in the bottom passenger corner of the grille

Bike is registered, been out a few times on it, absolutely in love! I need a new ignition as the wires are going bad by the harness, but that's only 30 bucks-ish... and will allow me to mount my gauges properly and hook up the speedo.

And, ya know how they always say you're gonna drop your bike, everyone does and all bikes have been on the ground? Well that happened tonight too. Took my new girlfriend for pizza on it, and forgot to re-iterate (took her out on the GS too a while back) that she needs to wait till I say get off lol. Pulled the bike around and started walking it back into a spot... took my hands off the bars to lean back a little so I could get a better push with legs and that's when she decided to dismount... it fell in such slow motion and I almost saved until my heel slipped inside my shoe :( damage was only my pride and 2 new scratches. But the left side already had scratches so you can't tell!

^
Happens to the best of us.

I believe that saying goes, "there are those who have dropped their bikes and those that will"

But I dropped the ole one, that was supposed to get it outta my system! :lol:

Luckily it fell left though, I'm in the process of negotiating a trade of my stock exhaust to someone with a yoshimura exhaust. Amazes me people want these stock systems

Wear proper gear, don't lose footing, don't drop bike.

There's a lesson.

No offence.

:irked:👍

Wear proper gear, don't lose footing, don't drop bike.

There's a lesson.

No offence.

:irked:👍

None taken, I know skate board shoes aren't the best for riding but I was only going 5 minutes up the road and didn't want to gear up. My girl is taking it harder than me cause she feels like the cause :guilty: Not that she wasn't a factor, but I didn't help it either.

Here's my normal riding attire, and by normal I mean like 80% of the time.

321322_10201093324557531_1012681474_n.jpg

In other news, got the oil changed yesterday. Bit the bullet, had a shop do it since my local store didn't have the filter in stock. They also fixed my bad ignition connection for $20 more so now it doesn't cut out and force me to fiddle with a wire to get power to turn back on.

Next on the list are new tires, pegs, levers, and a windshield. I'm still on the fence if I want to extend it about 4"... what positive/negative effects does that have on a bike?

Well about the swinger....extending it is going to be a lot of work on a bike like that. Personally an inch or 2 would be about the most I'd go looks wise...any more and it will put it out of proportion. Until full throttle it will help keep the front down. Having it shorter will help the bike take corners sharper. This lessens the longer you make it. 4 inches will hamper it significantly. For most riders it won't effect your bike too much, about 15% of the bikes overall handling. Most people will only be able to squeeze about 75% of the bikes overall performance out of it under hard use so you probably wouldn't really notice a HUGE difference but a difference nonetheless.

Like I said more than 1.5-2 inches will make it out of proportion and look awkward. This is especially true on certain types of ATVs and on bikes even more so. There big advantage is for drag racing which I doubt you'll be doing. 2 inches alone is a BIG difference.

I know it's not quite the same thing but here's another model with a -1" front and +2" rear...you can see it already starts to look awkward with extensions (easier to take out if you don't like it).

DSC01355.jpg

I started looking around and from what I read +2" barely changes handling but makes the look I want of tire juuuuust outisde the back work! And I kinda like the crazy drag bikes... but that might be because I help a local engine builder and be pit crew for him...

555858_10200958936277908_590411353_n.jpg

540514_10200958936637917_1222499542_n.jpg

Whoever told you +2" barely changed it never rode one both ways.

Well, OK, if all you do is go straight, it barely changes it. :)

I've ordered the first fun piece for the gixxer today... HID kit! $32 off ebay, should be here tuesday :)

HID hmmm, did you get projectors too so your not blinding everyone? Does it come with everything to hook it up like ballasts for example? Just curious.. :)

Last edited:
Yes its a full kit, ballasts and bulbs + needed wires. No projectors as I'm planning to try and find halo lights to replace the stock ones. Got 6k to match the old Ford!

I STILL haven't ridden it at night, and the HIDs have been installed for 2 nights D: Found a rigged connection in the right fairing for the left side hand control... Explains why my headlights only worked sometime. Of course, after I cut out the melted factory connector on the headlight harness in the left fairing!

So here's all I can give you for now. Maybe tonight I'll pull out the bike and the truck for a 6k color comparison... See if the $300 (I love forum discounts... paid $105) dual beam kit for the truck looks better or worse than the $32 ebay kit I put on the bike...

935753_10201175955263247_1386047824_n.jpg

Holy quadruple post...

931236_10201186498206814_213578086_n.jpg

970971_10201186498646825_901695215_n.jpg

So much less glare on the bike, holy hell. But then again the truck doesn't exactly have DOT housings either...

👍

however quadruple post?

Have you seen my thread? There are times when I have like a Idunnohowmanyposts,butitgetsupthere. :lol:

Last edited:
Night time test.... I'm going to modify the shield that's blocking the light from hitting the high beam reflector. The beam is solidly between high and low with minimal glare, so I can create a little and greatly increase output :)

Yay more electrical problems. The headlights cut on and off cause the left side hand control has a bad connection on the harness :(

Back