(MY) Drifting Pics

KingPin87
Not to sound like a newby but i played gt4 Prologue and even without the Traction control System on i had a hard time drifting.I have seen heaps of movies of drifting in GT4, now does it come down to technique, tuning or different physics from GT4 Prologue? thanx anyway

would be good to get some confirmation on this, as i have the exact same problem, couldnt really drift like those pictures in gt3 either, would be good to know this

Thought everyone knew now...

GT4 Prologue has a background stability control which can not be turned off. No, it's not the traction control that you have in the options menu, it's not in any menu, it can not be turned off.

GT4 on the other hand, has no background nannies.

BTW, the holden isn't a bad car. It has better handling than most american cars (including the new mustang, which still has a live axle, wobbly suspension, a marshmallow brake, and dead steering). Pity it still runs a pushrod v8. The Ford BA falcon is much more advanced in that department, and looks prettier too (read, the FPV cars in GT4). :P

cubits
Thought everyone knew now...

GT4 Prologue has a background stability control which can not be turned off. No, it's not the traction control that you have in the options menu, it's not in any menu, it can not be turned off.

GT4 on the other hand, has no background nannies.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the 411 on that.

The BA falcon looks generic in a "I'm trying to be an American car real bad" kind of way. And the whole mid section (doors, roofline) is carried over from the AU model, generally regarded as the ugliest car ever made according to many in Australia. There are no Holden Special vehicles in the game, which should be the historical and natural competition for the FPVs in GT4. The HSVs cream the crap out of the Fords. BTW the Monaro CV8 is better looking than any current Ford. It has nice proportions, very clean, very euroish for a V8 Aussie car. MUCH better interior than the Fords which look very cheap. Technology of the engine only matters if it doesn't go fast. That isn't the case as you can really tune those V8s up. You have smooth delivery of a lot of grunt. And they sound terrific to drive - who cares if its low-tech if it goes hard and sounds terrific?

A little off topic, sorry, but the question has been ask, and since trying after seeing the Drift videos in another thread...

It is psooibe to drift with a Dualshock2 in GT4, but it is very hard. The monent you try to counter-steer a tiny bit too much the car will snap the other way and you usually end up in a nose first trip to the Armco, well I do anyway :crazy:

In GT3 I could drift like the DFP GT4 videos from the other topic just with a DS2, but trying to do it in GT4 is so hard, it's so twitchy, but it's going to be fun learning to get it just right in my favourite car (Dodge Viper).

In any of the GT games I found the best way to drift is to mis-match the tyres, that's to say put R5s (Super Slicks of old) on the front and R1s (Super Hard) on the back, that way you won't do anything BUT drift :)

Of course you can do the same sort of thing with downforce, but I find that more instant when it snaps, with the tyres it's all drift until you realise you are facing 90 degrees on to the racing line???

Ricer wing on commodore, Blesphamy! the origonal spoiler is Ace anyway. And the FPV GT Boss290 engine is alot better sounding the any GenIII thats sat in a holden ive ever heard (once its got some k's on board). And in the drifting department, well im not totally sure myself, but MOTOR magazine jsut loves to harp on about how easy the GT is to stear sideways, & how much it does what you tell it, doing anything from slight understeer to lurid oversteer at the drivers command.

here's some of mine
for more pics........here's the url
http://www.battlegear3.org/gallery00/bg3?page=6

Pics
blitz_avatar2.jpg

blitz_avatar.jpg

IMG0060.sized.jpg
IMG0066.sized.jpg

IMG0086.sized.jpg
IMG0261.sized.jpg

IMG0276.sized.jpg
IMG0277.sized.jpg

IMG0281.sized.jpg
IMG0285.sized.jpg

IMG0286.sized.jpg

Animations
GT4_ER34_6.gif

GT4_ER34_7.gif

GT4_SW20.gif

To Plopper:

I hope this helps you with your drifting with the DS2 controller.

I read some tips on this japanese gt4 drifting site (the one that has the vids of the 2 Supras, S2k, etc.). The guys who drift with the DS2 put rubber bands on their joystick, they make it so the joytick is pushed up, right against the plastic of the controller. What this does is, allow you to modulate how much steering you use a LOT easier than if you leave the jotstick in the original position. Its easier because the plastic around the joystick keeps a little bit of resistance on the joystick, and lets you have more control of the position you want to put it in.

No offense... but their ugly.. and the car comes like that O_o
( I also am into the D1 Grand Prix... And that decal is ugly O_o )

Yeah the Holden Ute(Utility version of the Commodore) is actually quite a good drifter, there's a local kid here where I live who is 15 and drifts a 351 Chevy powered Holden Ute in the local drift comps. Extremly good drifter especially for a 15 year old.

[FPV]Rusty
Ricer wing on commodore, Blesphamy! the origonal spoiler is Ace anyway.

Ricer wing you say?...the wings I put on the cars serves a purpose... and thats to adjust the downforce on the rear of the car which helps alot in drifting..and also helps in acheiving the max speed of any spoiler equiped car.. so I DONT really care about how it looks
but the wierdest thing is that you can adjust the downforce to the front also :dunce:

nways..I know the spoiler doesnt suit the commodore... but that car is one HELL of a drift vehicle...I feel theres nothing wrong with drifting a commodore...
check out the new Pontiac GTO drifting in the D1 competition..
its just that even though I use the same settings of the D1spec cars(slighty varied settings) on the normal cars.. its just not as easy to do power overs or weight transfers as much as the D1 cars..

oh ..and the blitz ER34 has neons in its engine bay..its just switched on during night tracks..

MAN SWEET PICS of that monkey style drifting...need some more S15

and thanks for the info on the front downforce with the add of spoiler i thought it only allowed you to change the rear down force.............................anyone els with drifting pics

p.s can some one get me a pic of a orange 350z drifnting or any 350z drifting

i'll be getting the usb drive soon...just tell what cars you want to see drifted!! :D

and greyout...dont you think that spoiler looks femiliar?.. ;)
thats the GTO I was talking bout..thnx

almost all the cars that are being requested are in my gallery page......(sileighty, BP Falken FC)

IMG0039_001.sized.jpg
IMG0119.sized.jpg

Drift-Kid:CF hoods can't be added.........it comes with some of the cars.......(spoon ek, spoon dc2, trueno shigeno edition, nsx-r concept, '00 R34 GT-R N1)

IMG0012_001.sized.jpg
IMG0035_001.sized.jpg

IMG0002.sized.jpg
IMG0031.sized.jpg

hondaspeed85, thanx for the info, I'll try that. IIRC Lotus Challange had a steering mode like that, but you had to hold it manually, of course! Man I hated that game, but the steering was interesting.

Oh! and sorry Vette_Drift, forgot to metion last time, great pics, keep it up.

HKS-NOB
almost all the cars that are being requested are in my gallery page......(sileighty, BP Falken FC)

IMG0039_001.sized.jpg
IMG0119.sized.jpg

Drift-Kid:CF hoods can't be added.........it comes with some of the cars.......(spoon ek, spoon dc2, trueno shigeno edition, nsx-r concept, '00 R34 GT-R N1)

IMG0012_001.sized.jpg
IMG0035_001.sized.jpg

IMG0002.sized.jpg
IMG0031.sized.jpg

well then can you get me a Pic of a 350z drifting...............please all i want is one maybe 2 pics of a 350z drifting but nobody has any

Back