(MY) Drifting Pics

Here is another photo of the GTO Car taken at Road Atlanta last year.
IMG_9262.jpg

The Vipers were cool too. :)
IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

Look at the nut sitting in his window.
IMG_9765.jpg

I got to see that Benihana Viper race here in California at JGTC. It sounds really nice, but its sooo slow. I dunno if its because the other JGTC cars are lighter or what, but that Viper sucked at JGTC.

Nice drift pics, its pretty cool how they get those Vipers sliding, that would be hard cos of the weight though wouldn't it?

Plus the length of the thing wouldn't help. still looks awesome though!!!

Actually.. At higher speeds, the extra weight helps because it's pretty much a ballast... And more ballast means more control ;) (But less speed... Obviously...)

plus that thing would have bags of power which also helps to get it sideways.
Man I can't wait till im old enough to join a car club or something and go drifting, looks like so much fun!!!

Hey.. You live in Australia.. Isn't that where Initial Drift Australia is (Yes... Very corny name... but it's nothing like the American Drifting teams.... Noone here in Australia is sponsored :D )

yes I live in australia. drifting aint real big over here (yet). At the drift comp that I went to there was a few Commodores and they aint that good at drifting (too heavy for the slow track I was at) and that is pretty much what everyone drives over here. Silvias killed 'em. I love that!!!

Mclaren_Man
yes I live in australia. drifting aint real big over here (yet). At the drift comp that I went to there was a few Commodores and they aint that good at drifting (too heavy for the slow track I was at) and that is pretty much what everyone drives over here. Silvias killed 'em. I love that!!!
I take it you mean Malala? You seen that 16 year old who drives the red Holden Ute?

[FPV]Rusty
Ricer wing on commodore, Blesphamy! the origonal spoiler is Ace anyway. And the FPV GT Boss290 engine is alot better sounding the any GenIII thats sat in a holden ive ever heard (once its got some k's on board). And in the drifting department, well im not totally sure myself, but MOTOR magazine jsut loves to harp on about how easy the GT is to stear sideways, & how much it does what you tell it, doing anything from slight understeer to lurid oversteer at the drivers command.

295kw LS2 whoops them all in both technology and sound đź‘Ť

Mclaren_Man

Yea, there's a whole lot of S13's around here, they seem to be the main car around here in NSW đź‘Ť

Mclaren_Man

The last drift comp at mallala we had (Drift nats) was fairly big and the majority of entrants were imports, there was only 2 Commodore utes at 1 sedan and one of the utes made it quite far. Dont forget the 3 D1GP drivers we had here.

MAttCV8
its obvious you guy's love your "Japanese Crap" but i still think that nothing beats a Gen 4 6.0L V8 HSV!!!!

You are very narrow minded :indiff: .

Ignore matt he is just trying to wind us up... We are always fighting cos he loves Holdens and I love imports and F1. Get this, he says that F1 racing is stupid because they go to fast and you can't see them!

But yes, that D1 like car (I think it was JMS racing or something) was awesome. I remember that Ute aswell, that thing made lots of noise!

There was 3 Japaneses D1 drivers, but no Japanese D1 cars there.

Yes I read abit quick, there was a few "D1 like" cars. I think you are refering to Jame's car from D1 garage, that car actually made it to the end.

Dennys JMS's car had to be towed home as well as Marks Exhaust tech and Whiplashes R33 on Sunday. The Cappa ute has 700hp but got more credit than it should have as it overtook at times while grip driving not drifting.

Didn't Beau Yates win in the AE86? Or am I thinking of a different comp altogether :confused: Because there was a D1 Option S14/15 (Strawberry Face) entered that reached the finals.

MdnIte
Didn't Beau Yates win in the AE86? Or am I thinking of a different comp altogether :confused: Because there was a D1 Option S14/15 (Strawberry Face) entered that reached the finals.

Must be a different one as Beu Yates threw 2 conrods through his block on the Sunday.

Here is the results:

Top 16 Privateer Entries:

Adam May - Nissan Cefiro
Simon Michelmore - Toyota AE86
Leighton Fine - Toyota AE86
James Mardle - Nissan Silvia
Jeremy Lake - Holden Commodore
Adam Trewhella - Nissan Cefiro
Grant Frencham - Nissan Cefiro
Andrew Webber - Holden SS Ute
Myles Bond - Nissan 180sx
Dwane May - Nissan 180sx
Stewart Furze - Nissan 180sx
Jarius Wharerau - Nissan Cefiro
Andrew Gleeson - Datsun Stanza
David Lockett - Nissan Silvia
Hayden Buckham - Nissan Skyline
Jim Retallack - Nissan 180sx

Top 16 Factory Entries:

James Vahoumas - Nissan S14.5 - D1 Garage
Michael Spencer - Nissan OneVia - Korrupt Performance
Mark Marchesan - Nissan S15 - Exhaust Technology
Darren Appleton - Nissan Laurel - AutoShop
Stephen Brennan - Nissan S15 - Initial Drift Australia
Kelly McKinnon - Nissan R32 Skyline - Viva Garage
Danny Vahoumas - Nissan S13.5 - Japanese Motorsport
Catherine Coleiro - Nissan Silvia - ProTek
James Eames - Nissan Cefiro - Tanagah
Mark Phillips - Nissan R33 Skyline - PPGearbox
Robbie Bolger - Holden SS Ute - Capa
Brad Maher - Nissan 180sx - Chasers
Jason Unkovich - Mazda RX7 - REVS
Trent Hewitson - Nissan 180sx - D1 Garage
Shorn Wise - Nissan R33 Skyline - Japanese Motorsport
James - Toyota Sprinter - Initial Drift Australia

Results:

Privateer:

1st. Jairus Wharerau - Nissan Cefiro
2nd. Simon Michelmore - Toyota Sprinter
3rd. Adam May - Nissan Cefiro

Factory:

1st. James Vahoumas - Nissan S14.5 - D1 Garage
2nd. Michael Spencer - Nissan OneVia - Korrupt Performance
3rd. Darren Appleton - Nissan Laurel - AutoShop

Team Drift: Japanese Motorsport

Encouragement Award: Adam Trewhella - Nissan Cefiro

Loudest Exhaust: Andrew Webber - Holden SS Ute.

Mclaren_Man
Ignore matt he is just trying to wind us up... We are always fighting cos he loves Holdens and I love imports and F1. Get this, he says that F1 racing is stupid because they go to fast and you can't see them!

But yes, that D1 like car (I think it was JMS racing or something) was awesome. I remember that Ute aswell, that thing made lots of noise!

Lmao, obviously he's never been to the F1...

Back