My DVD collection skyrocked since PS2 came out

  • Thread starter Thread starter NocturnalPS
  • 153 comments
  • 7,831 views
Originally posted by Tom McDonnell


It's about an hour and a half.;)
LOL good one. I didnt ask how long it was. I asked i forgot whats it about. :D
 
Originally posted by Tom McDonnell


It's about an hour and a half.;)

Tom:

How can you have soo many DVD's????
 
I don't own any DVD's. I just rent them. Why buy when you can rent?!
 
Originally posted by ZeroCool85


Tom:

How can you have soo many DVD's????

Umm...I guessing for Tom here, but . . . . .one after another from the looks of it! :D
 
Originally posted by ViperConcept
I don't own any DVD's. I just rent them. Why buy when you can rent?!

Why rent when you can BUY, BUY, BUY!!! :lol:
 
I am about to merge this thread and the other DVD thread.
 
Originally posted by Pako


Umm...I guessing for Tom here, but . . . . .one after another from the looks of it! :D

I know that Pako, that is a huge selection of DVD's Tom!
 
Originally posted by ZeroCool85


I know that Pako, that is a huge selection of DVD's Tom!

How many dones Pako have????:thatsodd:
 
A couple of reasons really.
1. I have the space for them.;)
2. I love movies, and so do my friends, and so does my GF. At least once a week I sit don with one or the other (never both:) ) and watch a movie.
3. I've had a DVD player (Actually I've owned 6. Three players, 2 in the PC's I've owned, and the PS2.) for several years now. When I bought it, there was nothing available, so I bought all the great titles that were available. (6 at the time)
4. I used to rent, waaaaaaay back, but my job at the time was hectic and I was never around. It would take me forever to watch a movie, and I would always return it late. $5 rental, $12-$15 late fee = buying the darn movie.
5. Disposable income, I budget certain amounts toward bills, savings, Business etc. I give myself a weekly allowance to keep my spirits high.

It came in handy last summer when I had knee surgery and was laid up for weeks. I just popped them in and relaxed. Friends and family bought me about 50, with little get better cards, in that time alone. (So many doubles ugh.)
 
You guys are pathetic man? Where's The Big Lebowski? Quite possibly one of the greatest movies of all time.
 
Originally posted by Nico
You guys are pathetic man? Where's The Big Lebowski? Quite possibly one of the greatest movies of all time.

Didn't like it, but I did enjoy Oh brother, where art thou, another Farrely Bro production
 
My PS2 is my ownly DVD player....here are the films that i own...

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Hollowman
Blade
Snatch
Seven
Shaft
Never Been Kissed
Something About Mary
What Lies Beneath
Twelve Monkeys
X-men.

My Next purchases will hopefully be Terminator2 & Lost Boys..:eek:
 
Originally posted by macc
My PS2 is my ownly DVD player....here are the films that i own...

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Hollowman
Blade
Snatch
Seven
Shaft
Never Been Kissed
Something About Mary
What Lies Beneath
Twelve Monkeys
X-men.

My Next purchases will hopefully be Terminator2 & Lost Boys..:eek:
Hell yeah Lost Boys is a must have :cool:
 
Are the BeastMaster movies on DVD??
 
Originally posted by ZeroCool85
Are the BeastMaster movies on DVD??

I have no idea
:confused:
 
The original Beastmaster is (thanks, Amazon.com :) ).

That's a sweet avatar, NocturnalPS. :D
 
Originally posted by risingson77
The original Beastmaster is (thanks, Amazon.com :) ).

That's a sweet avatar, NocturnalPS. :D

Thanks Risingson77:D
 
Originally posted by risingson77
The original Beastmaster is (thanks, Amazon.com :) ).

That's a sweet avatar, NocturnalPS. :D

Thanks man, i'm gonna have to find it! i love those movies!!!
 
NE1 have xxx DVD's ??:D Im just still deciding if i should buy 1 or 2 or 3 lol or more. But there a bit expensive any were from (from what ive seen) 40-60 $ a dvd:(
 
Originally posted by ASenna94
Has anyone bought Star Wars Episode 1???

No...I didn't really like it very much. Maybe I'll rent it and see if I like it more this time.
 
I got 2 new DVD's

Heres my DVD collection:
1. The Emperor's New Groove
2. Hudson Hawk
3. The Mexican
4. Alice In Wonderland (my girlfriends chose)
5. Toy Story
6. Toy Story 2
7. The Sixth Sense
8. U-571
9. Gone In 60 Seconds
10. Gladiator
11. Spaceballs
12. Stir of Echoes
13. Face Off
14. American Pie
15. Billy Madison
16. Bulletproof
17. Sleepy Hollow
18. Payback
19. Happy Gilmore
20. Desperado
21. Meet The Parents
22. Natural Born Killers
23. Con Air
24. The 13th Warrior
25. Cast Away
26. The Saint
27. Hackers
28. Armageddon
29. A Night At The Roxbury
30. The Generals Daughter
31. The Patriot
32. The Art Of War
33. Enter The Dragon
34. The Goonies
35. Good Fellas
36. The Lost Boys

37. THE
38. NIGHTMARE
39. ON
40. ELM
41. STREET
42. COLLECTION

43 All
44 The
45 BATMAN
46 Movies

47.15 MINUTES
48. Driven
49. 3000 miles to graceland
50. amarican history x

51. The Mummy
52. The Mummy Returns
NEW 53. Cats & Dogs
NEW 54. Kiss The Girls
 
Originally posted by ASenna94
Has anyone bought Star Wars Episode 1???

I did, and even though It's not my favorite movie, the DVD is great. It's very clear, and sounds good (I say only good, because they left out DTS:mad: ) There are added scenes in the movie as well. You can never go wrong with those.
 
Originally posted by Tom McDonnell


I did, and even though It's not my favorite movie, the DVD is great. It's very clear, and sounds good (I say only good, because they left out DTS:mad: ) There are added scenes in the movie as well. You can never go wrong with those.

Wow, is there that much of a difference between DD and DTS? I've never actually compared them side to side (and I work in a Hi-Fi store :eek: :lol: ), although I know just from the specs DTS should mop up the floor with DD.
 
There wasn't until I started buying the right equipment (and Wires, never ever skimp on wires. It's the simplest thing that can make a world of difference.)
I use a Yamaha Reciever, with a Klipsch center, infinity Sub, Bose/ Fischer (real big, real loud for parties and such) and Bose rear. It was tough getting everything to sound as though it is all one set, but that Yamaha is the best.
DD has tons of Bass, but with DTS, you really hear all the minute details, and the bass level is brought down a notch (until it is needed, and then it thunders)
After hearing my first DTS movie I was hooked.
 
More or less, that's what I expected....

I know all about wires, man....I have more money invested in wiring than some people do in their whole system! And all I have is two channel. :eek:

Harman/Kardon HK 3270 receiver

Denon DCM-370 CD changer

Paradigm Reference Studio/20 speakers

AudioQuest Coral interconnects

Speaker are biwired, AudioQuest CV-4 to tweeters, plain ol' Phoenix Gold 12 gauge stranded to woofer/midrange
 
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within

That's my newest movie, and it looks better than any other movie on DVD (including Toy story 1&2)
Also no DTS:(
 
Yeah, I don't think DTS will ever be on par with DD (in terms of the quantity of titles available).

I didn't realize FF:Spirits Within was already out. Then again, it didn't make a very big impression on me when I saw it. :shakehead
 
I think everyone's expectations were too high. Same thing with Star wars Episode 1. Any way you look at it, the action was amazing in both movies.
 
Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
I think everyone's expectations were too high. Same thing with Star wars Episode 1. Any way you look at it, the action was amazing in both movies.
I'm a Star Wars fan no matter what!!!!!!
 
Back