My GT4 24 hour at the ring story

1st place lap 1 7.30.xxx, slow but we don't have that fast of car, and and of lap one ligh green tires :(. my friend just went way of coarse at end of straight away. still in first lost 5s.

4th place lost 12s in pit thnx to another wipe out near pit. i think we may need better tires. feels free to post durin the race try to help us we need it :(

Master_Yoda
4th place lost 12s in pit thnx to another wipe out near pit. i think we may need better tires. feels free to post durin the race try to help us we need it :(

What tires are u currently runnin on, front and rear? With R1s tires should last a good 3 laps. they will still be yellow at the beggining of the 4th lap but it wont make it all the way. Pit at the end of the 3rd lap! Try this hope it works for u 2. Tell me if u try it! :crazy:

Supren
What tires are u currently runnin on, front and rear? With R1s tires should last a good 3 laps. they will still be yellow at the beggining of the 4th lap but it wont make it all the way. Pit at the end of the 3rd lap! Try this hope it works for u 2. Tell me if u try it! :crazy:
um were running on R3's right no.

i know it sucks for endurence. but this is for story. if i want to win i'l just use my toyota Minolta :P

Master_Yoda
um were running on R3's right no.

i know it sucks for endurence. but this is for story. if i want to win i'l just use my toyota Minolta :P

So the R3s are lastin 2 laps before u have to pit right?

Aww, that sucks. Well plan all during the day which car is best to use and stuff. So u can have the output u want into getting a good race. Im going to sleep now.... :indiff: :bowdown: :boggled:

Master_Yoda
omg my friend is doing good
1 st place.

i think honda is a good choice this car goes around coroner like a mini!

Goes around coroner? You didn't mention any hearses in the lineup!!! :lol:

Nice idea for the write-up, asking for advice on the cars first to make a good close (my kind of) race. Looking forward to finding out how you got on now the realtime updates have stopped....👍

Smallhorses
Goes around coroner? You didn't mention any hearses in the lineup!!! :lol:

Nice idea for the write-up, asking for advice on the cars first to make a good close (my kind of) race. Looking forward to finding out how you got on now the realtime updates have stopped....👍
i stoppped cause the race stoped :lol:

it is alot harder then you think, this car was amazing all around, (it had gold rims :lol: ) but after the first lap we had light green tires, and by the end of the second lap we had dark red tires, he collided with the Audi A4 touring car comen right out of the pits we did a 360. we stopped after 2 more laps of pure misery. I wanted a challenge boy did i get one. NEVER USE R3's during this race or any endurence race at the ring.

I will be looking for more cars today.
But tonight i will start at the same time. I will be here most of the day. So feel free to PM me or post about what comen up.

More cars considering using: RX-7 bp FALKEN, Dodge Charger 440, BMW M3, Mazda Maza6 Touring Car, anymuscle car, Ford GT40 Race Car, BMW M5

Just did 7 laps in the Ford RS200 Rally Car ('85). ~440HP. R2 tires (my mistake as they come stock with R1's but i forgot I'd changed it)
tranny set to auto 20. Max downforce. Some suspention tweaking.

Story goes like this:
Caught up with the 2 leaders (TT-touring car and M3 GTR race car 1/3 round the first lap)
1. lap: 7:21
2. lap: 7:16 (really smooth driving)

Pit (after 2 laps :mad: )
Exit pit side by side with GTR, TT 5s ahead.
Due to blue tires didn't catch up with TT until last long straight

3.+4.laps: 7:19 and 7:20

Pit ( :mad: ) Exit 16s behind TT 3s behind GTR

DO THEY NEVER PIT!!????

5. lap 7:19 finally the GTR pits!! 9s behind TT
6. lap 7:18 500m before first carousel i spot the TT, Is he in trouble?? YES! bad tires. yahooo! So long MF!

Pit, both me and the TT. I change to R1 tires.
exit pit with 10 s lead on TT

7. lap: 7:22 (tires?) finish this lap with 16s lead.

The car handles perfectly, lots of torque, great accel, superb suspention, I love it! Seems I have a winner here, but 24hrs alone. hmm. Must spread out, 4hrs pr day=6days.... :nervous:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! 👍

Master_Yoda
it is alot harder then you think, this car was amazing all around, (it had gold rims :lol: ) but after the first lap we had light green tires, and by the end of the second lap we had dark red tires, NEVER USE R3's during this race or any endurence race at the ring.

I will be looking for more cars today.

This was expected. It's not just the tires, it's the car.
The NSX has no downforce and when you mentioned using R3s on it... well... :lol:

All the Touring Cars you're competing against have 38/53 for DF. You have 0/0 :sly:

It helps them take the corners much more smoothly and allows them to go up to 6 laps on a set.

So either
a) overpower them and pit all the time (e.g. with your Viper, or
b) match their pit strategy with an underpowered car. (e.g. the Wedsport, the Altezza TC, or any of the other JGTC cars)

Master_Yoda
More cars considering using: RX-7 bp FALKEN, Dodge Charger 440, BMW M3, Mazda Maza6 Touring Car, anymuscle car, Ford GT40 Race Car, BMW M5

Falken's a maybe although I wouldn't suggest it.
GT40 is out. WAY too much.
Mazda6 is worth a try. From your list, that would be my choice. It'll be tough though, a lot tougher than the Wedsport. Try it out and let us know what happens!

The rest... no downforce... have to overpower

well i have till midnight tonight so ican go win more cars, or keep doing my my friend is doing. Doing to second special condition event over and over again and then sell the Toyota RSC rally car.

jdw
Falken's a maybe although I wouldn't suggest it.
GT40 is out. WAY too much.
Mazda6 is worth a try. From your list, that would be my choice. It'll be tough though, a lot tougher than the Wedsport. Try it out and let us know what happens!

The rest... no downforce... have to overpower
k i'll give the mazda a try.

hispeed
Just did 7 laps in the Ford RS200 Rally Car ('85). ~440HP. R2 tires (my mistake as they come stock with R1's but i forgot I'd changed it)
tranny set to auto 20. Max downforce. Some suspention tweaking.

Story goes like this:
Caught up with the 2 leaders (TT-touring car and M3 GTR race car 1/3 round the first lap)
1. lap: 7:21
2. lap: 7:16 (really smooth driving)

Pit (after 2 laps :mad: )
Exit pit side by side with GTR, TT 5s ahead.
Due to blue tires didn't catch up with TT until last long straight

3.+4.laps: 7:19 and 7:20

Pit ( :mad: ) Exit 16s behind TT 3s behind GTR

DO THEY NEVER PIT!!????

5. lap 7:19 finally the GTR pits!! 9s behind TT
6. lap 7:18 500m before first carousel i spot the TT, Is he in trouble?? YES! bad tires. yahooo! So long MF!

Pit, both me and the TT. I change to R1 tires.
exit pit with 10 s lead on TT

7. lap: 7:22 (tires?) finish this lap with 16s lead.

The car handles perfectly, lots of torque, great accel, superb suspention, I love it! Seems I have a winner here, but 24hrs alone. hmm. Must spread out, 4hrs pr day=6days.... :nervous:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! 👍
thank youi and good story, but one thing i don't have the rally version.

You get it as a prize here:

SPECIAL CONDITION HALL (HARD):
Rally d' Capri : FORD RS200 Rally Car '85

You want that car, trust me!

hhhmmm... it is a very good handleing car. i couldn't keep up though needs a little power, and another thing its kinda tall wich makes it uncomfortable to drive, for me.

hispeed
You get it as a prize here:

SPECIAL CONDITION HALL (HARD):
Rally d' Capri : FORD RS200 Rally Car '85

You want that car, trust me!
hhmmm.. since it was on my friend mem card we have that stuff. BUT i don'thave the necasary license, can't beat IA.

Back