My GT5 has been dispatched

• Thread starter DC9990
  • 1,900 comments

DC9990

Premium
GTP_DC9990
I know its not as early as Amar, Tekken90 or RDK having theres already but I just got an email from HMV & my GT5 is on its way!
I don't know if any other UK GTP'ers have had a similar email yet but with HMV my GT5 order has already been dispatched so I should get it this weekend!
Just wanted to pass on this info to everyone else in UK.
I also have Pre-orders with ShopTo.net & Amazon but only HMV have told me its on its way. So if you want it really early that may be the best option.

Some high-street retailers are selling it tomorrow. From what I have discovered.

I'll probably pick up mine tomorrow \o/

If I do, I'll answer ALL of people's questions. Not just random updates.

Some high-street retailers are selling it tomorrow. From what I have discovered.

Who is selling it tomorrow? How did you find that out anyway? Been bugging local shops recently asking when its out? :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Amar is doing great. So for 5 days straight, you will buzz between GTP and GT5... make it realistic.

Theyre very strict on holding to the release date here in Ireland. not one store will sell it early to me.

Amar is doing great. So for 5 days straight, you will buzz between GTP and GT5... make it realistic.
Im impatiently waiting for update number 5 from amar lol

Game said that as well, but then sent an E-Mail explaining how it was dispatched from them, but was being held by the couriers until the release date.

I'm very jealous! UK here too but ordered the CE from Amazon. I'd be ecstatic if I got it just a day earlier on Tuesday.

The closer you get the harder the wait gets I swear :drool:.

I got the same dispatch email from HMV, I'm prepared for it to be held off by the couriers until release day, but I still secretly hope that it isn't going to be. Will have to wait and see (like we all have for god knows how many years!)

I'm with Cool on that one.

Still I'm not going to complain I wanted the ultimate version in the Signature edition and I'm going to get it regardless. Was one of the first in the UK to order it so I should be first in the queue (11:08am on the 8th of August).

Got an interview the day it comes out so I'll be spending the evening playing it to death. Should be my reward for hopefully blitzing it.

Lots of online retailers are processing the orders early due to high demand, they might charge your bank and send out receipt emails but not all are actually dispatching. Let us know if it arrives though :)

Was one of the first in the UK to order it so I should be first in the queue (11:08am on the 8th of August).
Me too... Was staying in a random cottage on a cold Welsh hill, I remember frantically hooking up my phone to the laptop and praying the crappy GPRS connection held out long enough to place an order!

I got this from Game Today

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Gran Turismo 5 with Game.co.uk

As this game is highly anticipated, we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for launch.
As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email letting your know that your order is on its way but this just means its being held by the courier ready
for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

To help prevent any issues with your order please ensure your payment details are up to date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:

Thing is its not being Delivered as I don't trust the Post Office so i'll be outside the Store at 9am

Lots of online retailers are processing the orders early due to high demand, they might charge your bank and send out receipt emails but not all are actually dispatching. Let us know if it arrives though :)
I was expecting it Tuesday or Wednesday as I got F1 2010 2 days before the release date so this email came as a great surprise, after hearing about Game/Blockbuster possibly selling it tomorrow I shall have a look in town tomorrow & see.

I'll check a couple of local stores tomorrow but I'll probably leave empty handed. Still worth a try. Congrats to those who had their copies shipped already. At least it means that there is no way back for GT5 now. I never thought I'd witness that happening. :lol:

I hope you get it early since it will give everybody a bit of hope of early delivery.

But I think you should be prepared for disappointment - I've noticed my pre-orders are getting charged and showing dispatched earlier and earlier every year, but the game isn't getting here any quicker - in fact it seems like mail-order companies are getting better at ensuring the game arrive on release day now :/

I think they like to get to dispatched state to get your money - but dispatched means it still sat in the warehouse at the premises awaiting collection but the collection is scheduled for some future day.

Well, good luck anyway - if it's available tomorrow in stores I'm on it but I doubt that at this stage.

Rotor.

I'll check a couple of local stores tomorrow but I'll probably leave empty handed. Still worth a try. Congrats to those who had their copies shipped already. At least it means that there is no way back for GT5 now. I never thought I'd witness that happening. :lol:

:lol: every big release i end up going to X shop that is "selling it early" and leaving empty handed, i will do it again though!

no idea when Play will do mine, whenever i have ordered a memory tick or something from play it has taken a week, but i did mine on 18th Aug.. sooo.. dunno

Mine's with Play too and my past dealings with them are not fun memories. They had good pre-order stealths though, presuming they don't find a way to screw that up :dunce:

Hmm i have been asking around and its seems lots of high street retailers arnt even getting the game from their suppliers untill Monday

I'm with Cool on that one.

Still I'm not going to complain I wanted the ultimate version in the Signature edition and I'm going to get it regardless. Was one of the first in the UK to order it so I should be first in the queue (11:08am on the 8th of August).

Got an interview the day it comes out so I'll be spending the evening playing it to death. Should be my reward for hopefully blitzing it.

To be fair iv had it on pre-order with Game since August 2007 when they first set a release date, i even (foolishly with highndsight) started a thread about it on NoGripRacing!!

Ill be 🤬 if i get a duff copy like i did with GT4, i waited 18 months and finally got it only to discover it wouldnt load past the Sony screen on mine or anyone elses PS2. Talk about anti-climax!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam I wish I lived in the Europe becuase you guys get everything nice. I pre ordered at gamestop like an idiot

Back